• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Elite Four Challenge: Rules and Guidelines!

M.K

Level 55
The Pokemon Master Challenge!
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8PafqHnM-XY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8PafqHnM-XY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1&amp;color1=0x234900&amp;color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>​

~Introduction~

Hey you! Yeah, you! So, you're a Pokemon Master, are you? Well, here at the Poke Center on Smash World Forums, we like to put those claims to the test! Are you ready to battle our 4 star trainers for a chance to win some fabulous postbit icons? Of course you are! With this opportunity, you will be one of the few people on the boards with these special icons exclusive to the Poke Center community!!

Not really into battling you say? Well then, the Grand Festival is the way to go! When you're not so keen on battling, you'll be happy to find that spriting competitions can also net you a unique set of icons for competing! The Elite Four and the Judges of the Spriting Competition won't go light on you ; can you handle the pressure?

~General Rules~
Ankoku
Meta-Kirby
Chill
ChiboSempai
  1. The Elite Four is composed of the four members listed above.
  2. To earn the rewards, each challenger must defeat each Elite Four in a 1-Match Game. Whoever beats the opponent in ONE matches first is the winner.
  3. To be able to challenge the Elite Four, you must submit your team to the NEUTRAL PARTY consisting of F8AL, a Light House moderator.
  4. The neutral party will review your team, but not give any information to the Elite Four members.
  5. Once your team has been approved by the neutral party, you will post in the "Schedule a Match" Topic with a time and date to face an Elite Four member of your choice.
  6. No johns ; If you were on the receiving end of a bunch of hax during your matches, do not fret! You do not have to take an attitude with the Elite Four member or the Pokemon league committee. You have an unlimited number of retries, as long as you wait 1 week before challenging a member.

~Battling~
  • You may battle on ANY VENUE that has the ABILITY TO KEEP LOGS OF YOUR BATTLES.
  • You may not have DS Wi-Fi battles, as there is no way to attest to the validity of these matches (and no, we won't accept recordings of the battles :p)
  • Each of the Elite Four members is mono-type. It is unknown what Pokemon they may use from these types, however.
  • The battles are CURRENTLY Generation IV matches. In the future, we WILL transitiion into Generation V when deemed appropriate to do so.
  • Each battle is a 1-Set Match, where the Elite Four member and the Challenger will have ONE Battle. The person who wins ONE Battle first is deemed the winner.
  • BOTH the CHALLENGER and the ELITE FOUR MEMBER will send ALL THE BATTLE LOG to the neutral party F8AL for review.
  • If there are descrepancies between the moderator and the challenger's report, the favor will always go to the Elite Four member. Apologies around, but the Elite Four member's job is on the line and has more of a reason to report the correct score than the challenger.
  • Battles are OU- Overused Tier, as defined by Smogon.net. Any Pokemon from OU-->BL-->UU-->NU may be used. Uber Pokemon cannot be used. All SMOGON OFFICIAL RULES apply.

~After the Battles~
  • After the battle, both the challenger and the Elite Four member will report the scores to the neutral party :: Light House Moderator F8AL is the neutral party.
  • Upon review, the Neutral Party will post in the "Results" thread. Weekly, the new members who have earned wins over the course of the week will receive their postbit icons.
  • Please allow some time for the postbit icons to be implemented. None of the Elite Four members or Spriting judges have authorization to issue the Postbit icons. However, we will vigilantly prod the individuals who have access and will make sure everyone gets their icons in as short a time as possible :)
  • Once again, you must wait at least ONE WEEK before challenging another member of the Elite Four.

~Elite Four Rewards/Post Bit Icons~

1 win/1 season win:
:pokeball:​
2 wins/2 season wins:

3 wins/3 season wins:
4 wins/4 season wins

Moozle

Smash Champion
F8AL has to look over the logs of every single match...twice. I don't see that working out well for anyone :/

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
That doesn't necessarily have to hold up the queue. I'm sure you can proceed to the second battle while he reviews the first's logs.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So we PM our team to F8AL? Just making sure so I don't help in cluttering up F8AL's PM box for no reason.

M.K

Level 55
Seriously though MK when is this happening...
I apologize, I misunderstood the new "League Registration" board.

Can anyone see "League Registration" or is it private for only mods, etc?

F8AL made a topic back there to officially announce "approved teams" (I thought the PC members could see it) but I'll move it out here.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Honestly with the new system using F8AL it might not be needed anymore, we could probably just use a stickied thread in the PC

Also were slightly changing how you receive the awards. Originally it was you receive an award for each E4 you beat, but it will be for each "season" we do this, you get the first award for beating all 4 Elite 4 members. This is so people can not just create a team that is designed to decimate a single member to get an easy award. Also considering the challenge of the spriting awards (one award per week to a sole winner I believe), this makes more sense.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How often will season change? I assume a change in season accompanies a change in Elite Four teams (or even members)?

Moozle

Smash Champion
I approve of the new change. It makes a Masterball more impressive :)

I can't wait to sign up for this, once I figure out all of this computer shenanigans.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This just got 3x harder... Now you have to beat all 4 of em in succession for a reward.

I'm game but I'm willing to bet most people won't even get a Poke Ball now.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Edit:

Hold on, let me think through this for a second:

-1 E4 Member per week
-Possible losses
-Must beat all 4 E4 Members per ball (which may be rediculously hard due to PR)
-2-3 month seasons for some leniency in time

=

Could take a year to get a Masterball.

...That's stupid. That's really, really stupid.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think one week before re-challenging is a good idea, but one week between individual E4 members is a bit much.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That rule is absolutely fine if it wasn't for the fact you'd need to beat the whole thing four times to get a Masterball.

I really think it should be like this:

You must beat all four E4 members in 1 season to get the Master Ball.

This would mean that it would only take 1 season to get a Master Ball, but if you screwed up and couldn't get all four down in a single season, you have to start from scratch again, like losing in the real E4.

Lets say you beat 2 E4 Members season 1. You would get a Great Ball, but season 2, to get an Ultra Ball, you'd have to beat Three E4 Members in that season.

This makes a lot more sense and is a lot more reasonable IMO. I don't want to spend a year to get a simple Icon, nor do I want to have to beat PR FOUR TIMES to win. None of the Elite Four Members except PR himself could possibly complete this challenge because of something like that. That's sort of ridiculous.

Wrath`

Smash Master
All I am going for is the basic orange-red poke-ball. Nothing else.

Ulti's idea seems reasonable and the most fair, but we have no power here.

Another note, you E4 members should probably post your PO information.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My name on it is ChiboSempai
doneskies

just him me up on AIM tbh whenever u want to challenge, i dont mind

Top Bottom