• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Donkey went down

Mith_

Smash Champion
1. Meta Knight 0
2. Snake 0
3. Falco +2
4. King Dedede -1
5. Mr. Game & Watch -1
6. Marth +1
7. Diddy Kong +4
8. Wario 0
9. R.O.B. -3
10. Lucario -1
11. Olimar +7
12. Pikachu 0
13. Kirby +1
14. Donkey Kong -4
15. Ice Climbers -2
16. Zero Suit Samus +5
17. Toon Link 0
18. Pit -3
19. Peach +5
20. Wolf -4
21. Luigi +2
22. Zelda -2
23. Bowser -1
24. Fox -6
25. Sheik +1
26. Ike -1
27. Mario +2
28. Lucas -1
29. Ness -1
30. Samus +1
31. Sonic +2
32. Pokémon Trainer -2
33. Yoshi -1
34. Link +2
35. Jigglypuff -1
36. Ganondorf -1
37. Captain Falcon 0

Biggest jumps are Olimar, ZSS, and Peach
Biggest drops are Fox, Wolf, and Donkey Kong

I blame you all.

ook

Smash Lord
That list is BS, lol
Guess not enough people in the SBR play DK :(

I wish they would post the discussion thread or something so we can see what they thought, but that's probably not gonna happen

I don't understand how he could be the 2nd most-dropped character :dizzy: he ****ing rules!

Mith_

Smash Champion
Like Ville said lack of rep.
DK doesn't have potential to be good.
He IS good.
I guess the SBR just didn't see that.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
It surprises me that DK went down by so much, but I don't hate that list. I personally think that DK should be where Olimar is, but its up for debate and overall the list serves it's purpose.

I blame you all.
Hey, I don't see you having a high quality DK combo video and gifs of you in other people's signatures ;)

daisho

Smash Lord
Nothing to complaing about... He was less than a vote away from lucario, we knew he would get passed by diddy and the gap between him and pickachu is so small its worthless.

How many people are in the SBR?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
If you all get as good as BUM you wouldnt have to worry about this.
Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure infinite's are banned where Bum plays. Which would explain his good placing.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
It's because of D3, period. Imagine the growth in tourney representation he would gain if it wasn't for the infinite... It's a shame that such a good character is made nonviable from a single move.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
Actually BUM made the ban himself,talk about biased.He completley screwed over the ice climbers too :/

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ Agreed with both posts.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
I've been doing my **** placing high at big tournaments and small ones where you all at?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ But do you go all dk?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if a character would drop that much because of being infinited then Wario IMO should have dropped like a rock and yoshi risen with all his chain grabs

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER POST
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

DK deserves to be this low. All of you overestimate him. He's represented perfectly fine. He just has a dozen matchups not in his favor, and a few that are debatably impossible. a skilled Falco, DDD, Diddy all **** him. A skilled campy snake has the advantage (disagree w/ me, i dont care). Many high/mid tiers go EVEN with him. Who does he truly **** that is high tier? In a collected mixed character tournament of equal skilled players, DK's luck is only going to take him so far.
DK is a bag of tricks, and he's running out. Mid Tier for next tier list.

I'm the only avid DK in the SBR, btw.
PS: You know whats better and easier than getting DK's footstool combo? Footstooling DK for the KO.

double Edit: DK's best bet in a tournament now is to play him with a very high 2ndary or someone to counter his worst matchups. I use Pika for DDD and Snake. And Lu/Kirby for Diddy/Falco.
Part of mastering a character is knowing their limitations.

daisho

Smash Lord
The smash community is not kind to sabbath observing Jews, (Every tournament is on Saturday!).

I agree with Cyphus though, DK desearved it not only because of the infinite.

Also, does anyone know approximately how many people are in the SBR?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ I have to agree with you Cyphus. Everything is pretty much true.

Mith_

Smash Champion
tbh i thought dk should have been mid on the first list but thats just me.

and the nix owned me hard.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
if a character would drop that much because of being infinited then Wario IMO should have dropped like a rock and yoshi risen with all his chain grabs
How many Yoshi mains are there? How many Dedede mains are there?

It's not a fair comparison.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
It's because of D3, period. Imagine the growth in tourney representation he would gain if it wasn't for the infinite... It's a shame that such a good character is made nonviable from a single move.
The infinite was known since like april, it would've affected the first list too >.>

also, i'll avoid political debate in a videogame forum, but your sig is pretty one sided and doesn't take into account the war crimes the other side commits, you should be saying stop war crimes in gaza, singling out israel is somewhat anti-Semitic

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
How many Yoshi mains are there? How many Dedede mains are there?

It's not a fair comparison.
I didn't mean drastically, just like 3 spots.

and how many wario mains are there now? with his HUGE flaw 1 grab could potentially do 30% and kill him. DK kills him at like 70 from grab release DK punch. and other characters have something that kills him about 90%-100%. you can not ignore a character flaw like that

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
The infinite was known since like april, it would've affected the first list too >.>

also, i'll avoid political debate in a videogame forum, but your sig is pretty one sided and doesn't take into account the war crimes the other side commits, you should be saying stop war crimes in gaza, singling out israel is somewhat anti-Semitic
I'm not saying it's the reason that DK dropped, just that he would have a lot more tourney representation without it.

Ughh, people throw out "anti-Semitic" anytime somebody doesn't side with Israel. It is irritating and extremely innacurate. I am against modern Zionism, i have no problem with Jews or the Jewish religion. Especially since it's very similar to my own religion. And I'd love for you to inform me on the war crimes that the other side has committed; granted this isn't the place for it. Drop me a PM.

Ripple: Honestly the only reason that it doesn't have a huge affect on Wario is that it's nigh impossible to land a grab on him >_>

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm not saying it's the reason that DK dropped, just that he would have a lot more tourney representation without it.

Ughh, people throw out "anti-Semitic" anytime somebody doesn't side with Israel. It is irritating and extremely innacurate. I am against modern Zionism, i have no problem with Jews or the Jewish religion. Especially since it's very similar to my own religion. And I'd love for you to inform me on the war crimes that the other side has committed; granted this isn't the place for it. Drop me a PM.

Ripple: Honestly the only reason that it doesn't have a huge affect on Wario is that it's nigh impossible to land a grab on him >_>
More importantly, I'd like to know what good putting such a substantial, and potentially offensive picture in one's signature on a forum devoted to video games is supposed to do. Your little billboard of spurning action is comparable to putting a "freedom isn't free" ribbon on your tractor.

Unless you were aiming for pure shock factor, in which case congratulations, You succeeded with flying colors.

to remain on topic...

Part of mastering a character is knowing their limitations.
This is true 100%. DK has limitations that severely cripple him. I, personally would have placed him a spot or two higher, but the fact is clear as day that his weaknesses can not be ignored when viewing him as a whole.

Luigi player

Smash Master
It doesn't surprise me at all that DK went down. I'd put him even further down if I'd make the list.

DK just sucks major balls because of Dedede.

Tujex

Smash Ace
The fact that like...every other character above him has an advantage.....i see why DK is where he is.

I'd place him high-mid, low-high tier at best. He has way to many even math-ups to be anywhere else. And just as many bad-match-ups.

Its almost required that you have a good secondary to make up for where he lacks.

But...this just means we all have a hell of a lot of work in front of us so we show the world just how god-tier DK is.

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
Though it saddens me that he dropped so much, I can agree with the change. DK just doesn't have that many advantages over any of the top and high tier characters. He does have a lot of even matches though and this is why he's 14th out of 37. DK is honestly the perfect example of above average.

I've learned from my mistakes when going into tournaments. I don't just go into tourney with my DK and expect to do well because I know his weaknesses. If a Falco or Dedede give me problems, I go Kirby/Dedede respectably. YOU NEED TO HAVE A SECONDARY to do well with DK.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
This is why people shouldn't look at the tier list as some kind of rule. DK gets ruined hard by Dedede and has a bunch of other bad matchups amongst the top characters, but that doesn't mean he isn't viable. It just means you need to have an answer to certain characters, and be able to predict well during double blinds.

The tier list has to take all matchups into account, so it may not be accurate if you simply completely avoid playing against Dedede in a tournament.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Ive accepted the fact that DK will never win a tourney because of his limitations. This is due to the infinite's and some of the difficult matches that he has to face. Ive been looking for a secondary for the last 4 months although i still dont know who to use that keeps my attention for more than a few days.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Falco is overused - Meaning i dont want to use him.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
More importantly, I'd like to know what good putting such a substantial, and potentially offensive picture in one's signature on a forum devoted to video games is supposed to do. Your little billboard of spurning action is comparable to putting a "freedom isn't free" ribbon on your tractor.

Unless you were aiming for pure shock factor, in which case congratulations, You succeeded with flying colors.
Ok guy, I'll be straight up. I'm not here to satisfy anyone, don't like my opinion? Look the other way. The reason it's in my sig is because when I feel very strongly about a controversial issue such as this one, I like for my view to be known. Don't like it? You can kiss my *** for all I care.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Falco is overused - Meaning i dont want to use him.
Mr. G&W and the Ice Climbers are also very good answers to the DDD problem, though their matchups with other characters vary. G&W is as good as Falco but I don't think quite as many people use him.

Top Bottom