• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Yeah, been here nearly a week, just got to Tokyo today. I come back like August 2nd or something.
My sister was doing study abroad so my mom decided to do a family trip to Japan when her term ended.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Where in Osaka? Nipponbashi?

Yo there is a lot of good **** this season btw. I'm even really enjoying Free even though I was watching it ironically at first. >_> Thinking of dropping Blood Lad tho. It's pretty funny but so far it feels like a more cliched/sporadic Hataraku Maou-sama.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Yeah, this season has sooo many cool things <3

On that topic: I'm out of Symphogear episodes to watch now :(
I had such a blast with that one... Ridiculously epic (on par with TTGL/JJBA imho), just in a Mahou Shoujo setting, while delivering every cliche one could ask for (pointless yuri subtones, main character doesn't want to fight with the opposing mahou shoujos ("let's talk it through, I'm sure we can understand each other"), friendship combination attacks, attack calling, ...) and to top it off super awesome music? Sign me in for the fan-club :D
Oh sure, I've seen puddles with more depth, but well, who cares. It's just perfect in what it does <3

dettadeus

Smash Lord
That's awesome, haha. Do you know any jp?
I know a little bit mostly picked up from anime (and I can read Katakana, which I learned from playing JP Pokemon games), my sister is majoring in Japanese though so she's doing most of the talking if we need help with anything.

Where in Osaka? Nipponbashi?
Yup. We actually went there twice because my sister realized after we left that most of the stuff we saw in the shops was older (it generally was, except for Animate obvs) so we went back and bought more stuff.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
Haha I also learnt english and some katakana by playing Pokémon when I was little, it was amazing.
I can't forget the part when you need to enter Saffron City I was "What the **** is this thirsty word?", then the idea getting some fresh water for the guy came minutes later from nowhere.
And your sister is amazing detta haha.

Anyway, I'm so frustrated with my love life that I feel like watching Endless Eight shuffled, damn.
Also somebody here read that ouendan manga called Again!!? Ohh man its so amusing haha, makes me want to have a banchou-ish haircut lol.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
So in the Book Off in Akihabara I found a Japanese Pokemon Red version for 500 yen. Since I didn't have any 1st gen Pokemon games anymore I decided to get it after checking that the save battery worked.
There was still a save file. 8 badges, 24 hours played, 51 Pokemon caught.
I started it up and looked through my party and boxes.
Two Mewtwo, a Mew, a Jolteon, the legendary birds, and a bunch of Safari Zone pokemon.

Hahahahhahahha

What made it better was that I was trying to get a Jolteon in my Silver and it would be a massive pain getting a Thunderstone.

Also went to the Ghibli museum. :3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Just got really bored, so I read through this Manga called Heads on a whim, and thought I'd share it cuz I felt like it was really good.

http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/heads/
I'd summarize it, but the manga site's summary is pretty encompassing of what the premise is lol

Really interesting and simultaneously depressing read. I thought it was quite good, but I don't know how many of you guys really enjoy darker ****.

To balance it out myself, I gotta go watch an episode of Tamako Market now LMAOO
I might try that out. Sounds like a cool show.

I mean manga

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i actually like the symphogear op by nana mizuki

i bought a few of her cds

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm not a fan of any of the songs in Symphogear, which is a shame since S2 has such a great amount of singing talent.

I haven't seen the latest episode, but that's because I'm waiting for SymphoSubs (only because one of my close friends, who's is huge Symphogear nut, is releasing it as an edit of Commie's subs that fixes errors that Commie doesn't bother correcting), but my friend was flying to Japan yesterday for the JET program so it's going to be delayed.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
i actually like the symphogear op by nana mizuki
Also one of my favorites. I think Gyakko no Flugel (the Zweiwing song) is even a bit better, but it's fairly close :D

This might as well be a Minato bait because I am :mad088:

(actually, i didn't even mean to be mean :( )

I haven't seen the latest episode, but that's because I'm waiting for SymphoSubs (only because one of my close friends, who's is huge Symphogear nut, is releasing it as an edit of Commie's subs that fixes errors that Commie doesn't bother correcting), but my friend was flying to Japan yesterday for the JET program so it's going to be delayed.
My sub choice as well; Symphogear is too much fun to waste it on Commie (Not that I understood the Japanese and could actually decide which would be the better translation, but the changes he did seem to make sense (: ).
Tell him to hurry up, haha :D

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I guess they're waiting for the second season or something?

AFAIK there's only like one Rikka figure being sold, and I couldn't find any keychains, figmas, nendoroids, phone charms, etc. Got basically no results searching on Google either.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
the thing is it's harder to find popular goods or rare stuff on the main street Chuodori

i suggest entering the stores inside the alleys too

some of the big places are also not on chuodori like thr kotobukiya

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah sometimes character goods sell out and aren't restocked

unless there is a re-release which is why they have preorders for everything

you can try second hand shops

they can be gdlk since some ppl just buy things open it to get like a serial code or use it once and resell it

you can get close to new, if not new stuff for half the price

unless it's a rare and sought out figure lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
the thing is it's harder to find popular goods or rare stuff on the main street Chuodori

i suggest entering the stores inside the alleys too

some of the big places are also not on chuodori like thr kotobukiya

^

like K-Books is one of my favorite stores in akihabara and it's not on chuodori

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
AFAIK there's only like one Rikka figure being sold
And that figure will cost a good fortune if you don't live in Japan, since it's a KyoAni exclusive that you'll have to go through a middleman to get. >_< (My 1st and 3rd most expensive figures are both KyoAni exclusives, afterall.) As much as I like Rikka, I probably won't get this KyoAni exclusive. I was expecting something more than that when I first heard they were making one. I'm not sure what it is exactly that I wanted "more" from it, though.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Really interesting and simultaneously depressing read. I thought it was quite good, but I don't know how many of you guys really enjoy darker ****.[...]
To balance it out myself, I gotta go watch an episode of Tamako Market now LMAOO
Haha, did kinda the same thing... 5 episodes of Monster (yeah, I actually started a 50+ episode anime. The sky's falling :D) and then straight to Kiniro Mosaic... Quite the experience, indeed (:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Yeah it seemed like a lot of the KyoAni shows I liked didn't really have much or any merch. I didn't find any stuff for Hyouka, Tamako Market, or Chuunibyou. Obviously there was Lucky Star, K-ON! and Haruhi stuff but it was all pretty expensive.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
rather bummed that steins;gate doesn't quite work on my windows 8 tablet. the game boots but the mouse/touch screen doesn't work specifically within the window.

for most other visual novels this is the ****.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
so it does work for most vn's?

i was planning to get a tablet but i'm still researching them

Frolossus

Smash Lord
so it does work for most vn's?

i was planning to get a tablet but i'm still researching them
i had 17 out of 21 working perfectly, the ones that didn't work were higurashi, kirakira, narcissu and muvluv

the ones that did work so far are

Aselia the Eternal
Chaos;Head
Clannad
Ever17
Fate/Stay Night
If My Heart Had Wings
Katawa Shoujo
Mirai No Kimi
Never7
Osana
Remember11
Saya no Uta
Symphonic Rain
Utawarerumono
****o to Kurasou
Yandere

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
thanks i wonder why those don't work

i hope my other ones work, if i decide to go that route

also confirming railgun fillers

so no daihaisei arc

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I honestly don't like any of the (OS) tablets out on the market yet. Going to wait it out until they become more efficient and cheap later.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
- Haibane Renmei (which is still something more people should watch, because it's a really good show. Tons of symbolism as well :D And intelligent thought-provoking themes. And the artstyle, general pacing and plot work really well together in terms of atmosphere.)
Just watched it all, I thought it was alright. Had some cool ideas but the story didn't really get me involved that much. Loved the ending theme though.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
GALAX in Gatchaman Crowds kinda reminds me of the app they used in Eden of the East.

Not because they're similar ( they're not), but because they're dope ass phone apps that I wish actually existed lol

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Just got really bored, so I read through this Manga called Heads on a whim, and thought I'd share it cuz I felt like it was really good.

http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/heads/
I'd summarize it, but the manga site's summary is pretty encompassing of what the premise is lol

Really interesting and simultaneously depressing read. I thought it was quite good, but I don't know how many of you guys really enjoy darker ****.

Just read it all in one go. It was pretty darn good. I'm definitely gunna be out of the anime loop for awhile manga is just too good.

[COLLAPSE="Heads Spoilers"]I hardly read summaries so I didn't know what I was going into other than you saying it was dark (which I love). Never been a big fan of political corruption, but yea it was pretty darn good. I can't believe it had a heart warming ending though. I probably woulda liked this way more like 6 years ago when I used to think the same way.[/COLLAPSE]

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
so i went to tokyo this weekend with my job

i went to tokyo skytree, tallest tower in the world

we did other stuff too

i'm going to tokyo again friday-monday this week for the akihabara denkigai matsuri and comiket

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Too bad Guilty Gear Xrd had to be on the same days as comiket, or else you should've gone to that.

Top Bottom