• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i don't play fighting games anymore

there are no machines where i live other than gundam

going to akihabara just to play would be bad also since it's expensive

i don't own a new gen console ir stick to practice

music games are everywhere so i play those instead

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's why it wouldn't be worth it for you to go to the loketest when there's all that other stuff that's going on, haha.

Plus I have no idea why they had to stick it on that week.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thanks for the suggestion, Toph. Caught up with Oyasumi Punpun and I'm impressed on how good the writing is.
The author's brilliant for how he planned everything from beginning to end.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Toph da bess :3

Maybe I might pick it up along side this manga i'm reading. Its a little slow meh

I actually just want to read more Tonari just like someone gimme :<

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
project diva, taiko, sound voltex

i do jubeat or gitadora when other machines are full

can't do tricolor since it's always full so i can't practice

i forgot about maimai i play that if my top 3 are full also

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Haha, conversation about music games in the anime thread made me wonder about something, and indeed... my Audiosurf playtime still beats my time spent on anime (admittedly, I sometimes just don't bother to close out of it, while MAL is rather accurate) :D

(also: I would play maimai all day for obvious reasons (REDALiCE <3 <3 :D)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
there are no machines where i live other than gundam

I saw a machine for that 3D gundam game once (obv not a regular occurrence since I never go to arcades lol), and it looks dope as ****kkk. I'd go pro at that in a heartbeat if I could

Also, do a write up on comiket plzzz, cuz I'm curious to know what it's like

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Thanks for the suggestion, Toph. Caught up with Oyasumi Punpun and I'm impressed on how good the writing is.
The author's brilliant for how he planned everything from beginning to end.

oh **** didn't see this post

glad you guys are reading/enjoying it :D I think Oyasumi Punpun is so powerful lol. After I read it (well, after I caught up) I, like, couldn't do anything for a few days.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I saw a machine for that 3D gundam game once (obv not a regular occurrence since I never go to arcades lol), and it looks dope as ****kkk. I'd go pro at that in a heartbeat if I could

i might tweet during the event but no pictures allowed inside

plus i don't have a camera to be outside trying to get a shot of a cosplayer

i tweet some of the anime stuff i do more than fb where i don't put anime related things

Minato

穏やかじゃない
oh **** didn't see this post

glad you guys are reading/enjoying it :D I think Oyasumi Punpun is so powerful lol. After I read it (well, after I caught up) I, like, couldn't do anything for a few days.
Yeah. The quality was just consistent throughout and the way the story affects multiple characters from little to small ways was done really well. Same goes with all the symbolism too. Closest manga I've read that compares to an actual novel.
why is project diva so popular idgi

ugly game

jealous of you rei
Is the arcade still using that art style? At least the console ones look pretty.
It's really, really, really, really, really easy. Which helps.
While I like PJD, this is my biggest problem with it. Too easy for a 4 button game. Plus the hardest song with the highest difficulty mostly comes down to 2 alternating buttons most of the time going really fast (for the console version at least).

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
it's different from console though

there is definitely no alternating on 2 buttons in hard or extreme

plus a new machine is coming out with sliders being added

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
which is why i'm not taking pics

i don't own a camera but was about to buy one before i left but decided against it

are you coming for winter comiket?

i think it's dec 29-31

depending on the dates i might not be able to go since family want to visit

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
probably not if it's end of december. I'm thinking of going to japan in january but I have to be home for christmas I think

Sion

Island of Horizon
lol i came from a long, casual career of stepmania

iidx is pretty unavailable unless you wanna money sink

hard to get into for many reasons

plus i can't really play iidx with other ppl cause no one plays it

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
KOC and console ALL DAY

literally all I did in high school was try to get better at iidx and talk to people on the internet. I dridn't have irl friends

edit: and I had IIDX rivals but only online lol

Sion

Island of Horizon
yeahhhhhhhh koc is what i'm using right now

i'm playing it, but i feel like i won't beat a 10+ for another 5 years LOL

definitely not something a normal personw ould want to get into

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest

i guess i'll do my write up starting from friday the day before comiket

i went to the akihabara denkigai matsuri in shinjuku which is an eroge event where the companies sell limited goods

some are present at comiket the next day and others aren't

i left my place some what around 7am and arrived to the hotel that it was taking place around 10

lines were long and the place was pretty high level, if you know what i mean

i went in bought my age set, they were going to also have there stuff in a comiket booth (not an age booth but like a different company selling there goods) but i didn't want to bother with the comiket lines so i went to this instead and virtually waited nothing

although i can't say that for the other lines which were not bad but i didn't really want anything from other eroge companies that bad since i knew comiket was gonna eat my money

coming out of denkigai i spent around $100 on an age set and an official event booklet

did stuff in shibuya like buy hair products for my hair type, spent $50 and don't regret it

next day i left on the first train from my place around 4:44am and arrived in tokyo big site around 7am to 7:30

the line was ****ing long by that time like i had to walk almost half a station away to get in line and wait until doors open at 10am

that day was the hottest day recorded for a comiket over 40 Celsius and heard people saying it reached 46 at one point

it was death waiting for those doors to open since you are in blocks of people, xie described it as a concentration camp lol

anyways, once the doors do open it took me around an hour to enter big site which after i had to wait in another line to enter the kigyou area, which are the industry goods.

i only took 1 liter of water and a bottle of pocari sweat, i was dying even before entering the kigyou area and had to buy drinks from the overpriced booths but they ran out of water. being dehydrated i didn't care and asked for 2 dr peppers since they had that and coca cola

once i actually entered the area, i wanted to get something from a booth called gift but gave up on it since it was really long and i wanted a limited shinobu strap so i decided it was definitely sold out by then

i went to my next booth which was ricotta, an eroge maker, one of the limited items i wanted was sold out but they still had the standard edition and the tapestry i wanted so i got in line and got my stuff

next booth was the warner bros line since i wanted a railgun hooded towel which had only 500 made. i was able to get one

basically after that i was dead and couldn't make it to any other places i wanted to since you can barely move inside so even though there is air conditioning all the bodies in there makes no difference

i was completely dehydrated so i had to leave and met up with xie and dakanya in akiba and ate lunch

i headed home after that to prepare myself better than day 1, which i had a fan, hat, 1 liter of water, a bottle of pocari, and calorie mates and wore an adidas dry fit jersey with shorts

this time i took 2 liters of water, 1 liter of aquarious (gatorade like stuff), 1 bottle of calpis water, a jelly packet of lemon cc, my railgun hooded towel, hat, adidas dry fit jersey and shorts

i left at the same time but was able to arrive at 7am earlier than last time but this time i was with a group of 3 japanese and while we sat we planned who is getting what and stuff and a group went to get more liquids for the group after we settled in the blocks

upon entering when the doors open, we all wished each other good luck and went to work never seeing each other again, literally i never saw them again but i know one of them from college so we are gonna give stuff to him and he will distribute it throughout the month

the wall booths which are the big circles are the toughest things but can be easy also since they are outside which is a double edge sword, since you don't have crowds of ppl and body heat but you have the sun blazing down on you but at least there is fresh air

i was able to get everything of my main list except for 1 circle which i missed read them being there on day 2, she was there on day 1, so i wouldn't have made it anyways since west hall is far away from east hall and you gotta remember the crowds so even though it is close distance wise it really isn't. i also missed out on a tapestry on this up coming artist i like but was able to get one of his books.

after i hit the large circles, i went to the small ones but one sold out but i was able to grab from the others. i was also able to discover a few new circles that had art i liked and got them.

after being done, i met with xie and dakanya again since we communicated through tweets the entire time since it's smarter to split and do work for obvious reasons

we sat there for a while since dakanya ran out of liquids and was basically dead and we had to give him a bottle of aquarious and wait for him to recover

while going around you do see people getting tossed onto wheelchairs since they passed out and ambulances waiting

even though i took all that liquids, i drank the 2 liters of water, 1 liter of aquarious, my jelly packet, and some of the bottle that were bought while we were in the blocks plus ate some calorie mates

after dakanya recovered we left to toyosu which is the opposite way from tokyo since everyone is leaving towards tokyo

we ate lunch and then got on the train and parted ways since we all had something to do

i felt like it wasn't worth going to day 3, today, since i got the majority of what i wanted and the only things i wanted were from a very few small circles

i didn't really go to the cosplay area where you are allowed to take pictures but saw some of the cosplayers at their booths selling stuff on day 2 or walking around

so yeah, that's comiket

pics of my denkigai up on twitter already

i'm being lazy atm to put up my comiket stuff but i guess i recovered enough and will do that now

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I went to Otakon again this year, and won a couple of paintings at the art auction.

All of Miyazaki's characters and a play on of Vincent van Gogh's "Starry Night" using Eva-01 catching Sahaquiel from Evangelion: You Can (Not) Advance.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I have started watching animes recently. I read some of the discussion of K-ON! in the first few pages of this thread, watched the first season, and absolutely enjoyed it (and why do I never hear this type of music? The ending theme is amazing). I’m also in the middle of watching Azumanga Daioh (it’s... interesting. But I get the humor) and Death Note (liking the premise of the story a lot). I don’t know where to go from here, though, simply because there is too much to choose from. I want to get more into these shows, because it seems there is a lot of creative talent that goes into these.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The ED themes for K-ON! progressively get even better after each one (excluding the movie), IMO. And it seems that whenever someone new to anime comes into this thread having enjoyed Death Note, the next thing everyone suggests is Code Geass. I, myself, happened to have started watching anime seriously with Death Note, then went to Code Geass as it was another showed that aired around the same time that shared some similarities.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's like they initially planned 3.0 to be what the preview at the end of 2.0 showed, but then after hearing people's reactions to 2.0, decided to completely change the direction of the story or something...

Top Bottom