• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Zwarm

Smash Hero
In other news, Shana III is up on Commie Subs. Gonna get it, but I'll probably watch Doki's release anyway.

EDIT: Oh man, episode 1 so good. I'm so excited already.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
IMO, Commie is better than Doki. Doki either has crappy quality because they rush things (e.g. what happened at the beginning of the last spring season), or they take way too long to release, and by that time, there's probably already comparable quality releases out long before that.
I pretty much only use Doki for their BD releases (since Holo does an amazing job with these), and for airing shows if there's no other decent alternative.

And Shana III ep1 sure is filled with WTF moments. There's only one thing I wasn't surprised about, but that was because I was already spoiled on that one detail a while ago (around when Shana II ended).

Zwarm

Smash Hero
A lot of it doesn't come as a surprise to me because after finishing season 2 I looked up how far along in the story the light novels were, so I knew all of the stuff that happened in the episode already. I didn't think they were gonna get that in depth with only one episode, it's pretty strange for Shana to actually have plot. :p

And yeah I liked Commie's release, except for the fact that they don't put ~de arimasu at the end of Wilhelmina's sentences.

The only thing weird to me was
hearing Yuji's voice when he looks so much different

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
And yeah I liked Commie's release, except for the fact that they don't put ~de arimasu at the end of Wilhelmina's sentences.
I find just adding "~de arimasu" to the end of translation to be kind of awkward. "~de arimasu" is just a more formal way to say "desu" (the copula, in Japanese), so it's not really something like adding random syllables to the end of sentences like some characters do in anime~hanyuu. I kind of like what the English dub did with her speech pattern, by making her say "indeed" a lot, which gives off a similar feel.

The only thing weird to me was
hearing Yuji's voice when he looks so much different
Yeah...it's definitely going to take me some time to get used to his (extreme) makeover... XD

-Final-

Aria♪
Oh, Shana S3 started airing today........

I feel like I should be excited about that, but honestly, I'm not. .___.

~Final

:quill:

§leepy God

Smash Master
I wouldn't except the first episode of Shana III to pull out something uber yet. As a pilot I liked it, the only problem was
the repeated reminders of Yuuji being missing, lol.

Fate/Zero still spills nothing but amazingness. <3

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
DLing Ben-to right now. Seems legit, I have high expectations.
lol not rly

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So the last volume of Shakugan no Shana (vol 22) came out a day or so ago.
I've bought some of the light novels but I won't be picking up this one until after the anime finishes up. :laugh:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I find SnS and Index similar in quality for the LNs. Both are good. Index anime is like way way better than SnS's though, that's for sure.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The difference is that Index is translated (albeit nail-bitingly poorly, says the proofreader in me) on Baka-Tsuki whereas Shana hasn't been done to anywhere near a satisfactory degree.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i always wanted to start a translating group

i'm just lazy and don't want to search for members lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i need more help in the redrawing, typesetting, proofread, etc.

maybe a 2nd or 3rd translator

i can teach you while you just do one of those other

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The difference is that Index is translated (albeit nail-bitingly poorly, says the proofreader in me) on Baka-Tsuki whereas Shana hasn't been done to anywhere near a satisfactory degree.
Yeah, SnS has barely any translated. Also, I wonder why BT never re-uploaded volume 3 and 4 of SnS since those were finished. I know 1 and 2 aren't there since those are actually translated by Viz, but 3 and 4 weren't.

I watched episode 2 of Hunter X Hunter today, it's actually pretty faithful to the manga (compared to the old anime) and I'm certain the stuff they skipped will just be used as a flashback scene later on. So my view on it is much better than it was last week. Episode 3 and 4 will reveal if they're going to keep the violence in or not though.

And I watched Gundam Age also. It was better than I expected but it still wasn't amazing for a first episode.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
i need more help in the redrawing, typesetting, proofread, etc.

maybe a 2nd or 3rd translator

i can teach you while you just do one of those other
I could probably do the redrawing and/or proofreading. I've wanted to start drawing again recently, so it's at least something. And I'm pretty good with English, lol.

If you could teach me, that would be awesome. I was thinking of taking Japanese 1 next semester in college too.

Yeah, SnS has barely any translated. Also, I wonder why BT never re-uploaded volume 3 and 4 of SnS since those were finished. I know 1 and 2 aren't there since those are actually translated by Viz, but 3 and 4 weren't.

I watched episode 2 of Hunter X Hunter today, it's actually pretty faithful to the manga (compared to the old anime) and I'm certain the stuff they skipped will just be used as a flashback scene later on. So my view on it is much better than it was last week. Episode 3 and 4 will reveal if they're going to keep the violence in or not though.

And I watched Gundam Age also. It was better than I expected but it still wasn't amazing for a first episode.
They don't want to release 3 and 4 because they're giving Viz the benefit of the doubt, and giving them a little bit of a buffer if they ever decide to actually release SnS LNs again, which probably won't happen. :I

asianaussie

Smash Hero
proofing is not hard, anyone who passed highschool english with an A or above can do it easily

i would offer to help, but the group i proof for doesn't want me working with anyone else fsr

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hey, I'm an english major :[

but I'm the worst asian in the world so whatever

alex stealing my images i see

Top Bottom