• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Minato

穏やかじゃない
No idea what's even the darkest/scariest thing I've read. All I can think of is Saya no Uta, but I'm sure there's worse out there.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I'm bout to start watching Shingeki no Kyojin, that **** is pretty dark/scary.

Also I've read some pretty dark netorare doujins but that might not be the same category LOL

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
No idea what's even the darkest/scariest thing I've read. All I can think of is Saya no Uta, but I'm sure there's worse out there.
I guess I can consider Conan to be kinda dark, but eh I guess not really.

Why am I reading all these gigantic mangas anyway whats wrong with me.

First on was 401 chapters and ongoing next is 853 or something and ongoing >_>

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I guess I can consider Conan to be kinda dark, but eh I guess not really.

Why am I reading all these gigantic mangas anyway whats wrong with me.

First on was 401 chapters and ongoing next is 853 or something and ongoing >_>
Maybe you should read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure next or even Hajime no Ippo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Guiding you to good manga sounds like what an angel would do.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
The fact that its difficult to deny what you say makes me so mad that I wish you can see how hard I am pouting.

Someone remind me the day Mina-chi turned into the worst troll.

Sion

Island of Horizon
oh shi we on that
 full width swag

i'm about 30ish chapters into aku no hana. i've been reading it pretty slowly though, since it's pretty painful to read at times.

Sion

Island of Horizon
oh shi we on that
 full width swag

i'm about 30ish chapters into aku no hana. i've been reading it pretty slowly though, since it's pretty painful to read at times.
this post is now diamonds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
saya no uta was fantastic :c
also so was higurashi
I think it was my first VN (I completely finished) that wasn't on a console way back. I remember being hooked and finishing it in one day. XD
Do people recommend watching Fooly Cooly? I'm interested because it's 6 episodes long, and I usually like short anime, haha. Also, because I keep seeing that Never Knows Best GIF everywhere. :rotfl:
Yes, I actually liked it. I found it amazing for the short story that it is.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Do people recommend watching Fooly Cooly? I'm interested because it's 6 episodes long, and I usually like short anime, haha. Also, because I keep seeing that Never Knows Best GIF everywhere. :rotfl:
I've seen FLCL four times and every time I watched it, I appreciated it more and more. There's so much depth there, I honestly think it's utterly amazing. You should for sure watch it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've seen FLCL four times and every time I watched it, I appreciated it more and more. There's so much depth there, I honestly think it's utterly amazing. You should for sure watch it.
I agree with that. Each time I rewatched it, it really added to the experience and made it even better.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I was thinking the same thing.

So Jojo's will be taking a break? Part 3 may only be my third favorite part, but that tease at the end got me excited.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was thinking the same thing.

So Jojo's will be taking a break? Part 3 may only be my third favorite part, but that tease at the end got me excited.
Yeah, they're taking a break. Next anime that's going to be done by that studio is the new Neptunia anime which starts in the summer, so I wouldn't expect Part 3 until Fall the very least.
For parts, my ranking goes:

Part 3 >= 4 > 2 > 1= 5.

I'm never finished 5 since I wasn't really hooked. 3's my favorite because of the battles at the very end were some of the best I've ever read, but Part 3 also had a lot of boring parts. 4's up there because of its main villain and having some of my favorite characters.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's 2 > 5 > 3 >= 6 > 1 = 4 for me.

It may be somewhat different because it's been so long since I last read any of them, I've forgotten a lot of details. I haven't finished 7 and I don't remember where I left off. I didn't even know 8 started until recently.
I remember finding 4 to be strange, but it was still good. I was planing on using the anime to see if I still thought this order because I don't really feel like rereading it, guess I'll be waiting a little.

I imagine the parts that are left will need their own season too, they start to get pretty long with part 3.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I do like how everyone's rating is pretty much all over the place. I think 2 as a whole is probably the best for well rounded content since I never felt like it stalled (and it had one of the best Joestars). It felt too old school shounen for me where people relied on the main character too much though, but it was still amazing.

3's had a lot misses, but I thought the very beginning, the ship stand, and the battles from Petshop and onward to be amazing. The last fight is probably one of my favorite fights in a Jump series. Overall, it has some of the most iconic events in JJBA. Part 4 I admit can be pretty weak. I liked Okuyasu and Rohan a lot, random happy yet dark stories, and the story was seinen and became addicing with Kira's appearance. It probably had the most boring parts though compared to the others.

5 I'm just not into the characters yet, but the idea is interesting. Maybe they're too fabulous for me at the moment. lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
The Pillar Men have so much swag tho.

Also I'm starting robotics;notes. Man this show is beast so far. Kind of makes me regret not playing the VN. Maybe I'll do that someday.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
R;N was whatever to me. A lot of unexplained plot details keep on popping up just for the sake of advancing the plot or to surprise the reader/viewer. After experiencing it, I can see why its general (post-release) impressions weren't as positive as S;G's and C;H's.

G U R U

Smash Lord
RoboNotes was good but ya not even close to Steins;Gate. I haven't seen Chaos;Head but there's no way RoboNotes is worse than it from what I've heard.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
RoboNotes was good but ya not even close to Steins;Gate. I haven't seen Chaos;Head but there's no way RoboNotes is worse than it from what I've heard.
chaos;head anime is pretty terrible because they tried to cover the whole vn in 12 eps and failed
i'm 1/3 of the way through r;n and its not anywhere near as bad imo

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The last sentence in my previous post was only referring to the the general impressions regarding the VNs, without taking their anime adaptations into consideration.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I'm not. Nevernervernever. Wh-why would you say something like that? Baaakaaaaa.

(Watching Toaru Kagaku no Railgun at the moment. I'm enjoying it more than the original series so far, which was kinda expected considering there's more Biribiri and less Touma / Index :D)

G U R U

Smash Lord
Index is honestly very boring. Biribiri was the best part so naturally an entire series based around her rather than all that religious mumbo jumbo is obviously more popular and better.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
To be honest, my favorite characters are Touma and Accelerator. Mikoto's awesome of course, but I dunno, I think the male leads are pretty cool. Never really cared for Index, but never hated her either.

Top Bottom