• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I have to say it's really hard to decide which series is the second best in Winter, between Haganai NEXT or Mondaiji-tachi. It would had been Haganai NEXT if it wasn't for that ending... minus the ending least the last episode was great. Mondaiji-tachi was short, but I did like every episode, and most of the lead characters. Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited might be the most underrated anime in Winter.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master

mermaid melody pichi pichi pitch?
oh **** LOL. ok I guess I was just thinking Seto no Hanayome

but um anyway I hope everyone watches the matches from next month's Gameclucks tournament cuz me and Sion are gonna be teaming <3 <3 <3

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I thought Mondaiji was decent. It was enjoyable, but I don't think it's amazing.
And I actually like the ending of Haganai NEXT. I was expecting it to end in a cliffhanger, though, since I was expecting it to cover up to the end of volume 8 and volume 9 was just released a few days ago. So it's just them trying to get more people to continue the story by buying the light novels.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I guess I'm one of a few that really likes Mondaiji-tachi then. =P

☯ That being said, Winter wasn't too bad, I think Spring will do much better.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I didn't get around to check out EastNewSound till now, but that song sounds like I'll have to do so immediately ;)
Also: Being a love-colored master spark arrange of course it's godlike :D ("Final Maiden's Master Capriccio Spark" and "Sparking" happen to be my most played tracks of dbu music and IRON ATTACK! respectively ;))

(super in love with that track, thanks a lot Toph!)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yuuup!

All the uploads on that channel go up to like 1080p too and have super amazing PVs it's pretty awesome :D

Sion

Island of Horizon
i used to listen to ENS, but i stopped at around their 8th album or so

i only listen to a few electronic music artists and a lot of metal based music for toho

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm actually 2 eps behind haganai now

i guess i might watch it tonight

idk

G U R U

Smash Lord
If Mondaiji only has that one season, it was average. If it gets another season however, could be VERY good.

Kotoura-san had a nice touching ending. Gets a 9/10 for me.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
does asianaussie still post here?

if you do bro

go check out age's website today

it's pretty gdlk

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Sion what other touhou metal etc do you recommend? I know of like, ui-70/demetori... crow's claw... uhh yeah lol.

Sion

Island of Horizon
those are the really good metal circles, there are a few others, but not my taste. it depends on what kind of metal you want really.

i actually dive a bit deeper into metal with metalcore, post hardcore, melodeath, etc

circles like undead corporation, minstrel, foreground eclipse, draw the emotional and thousand leaves are among my favorites

i also love symphonic/power metal from unlucky morpheus, 5150 and imperial circus dead decadence

the weird thing about me is taht i can only listen to female vocalists, with a few rare exceptions

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
sick. I'll check all of those groups out.

anyway, I'm a few days late, but I finished Tamako Market.

what a heartwarming ending haha. This show made me think a lot about the merits of family and constancy, vs. the prospects of new beginnings. Especially since, I've lived in a lot of different places over the course of my life, and I don't have a single place I really consider "home." And I'd always thought that I'd never want to settle down, and that I'd like to continue moving around. But especially towards the end of Tamako Market, I got to see things from the other perspective too. Made me realize that having a place to call home must be nice.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i used to like iron attack a bunch until they acquired that vocalist

now i have to find his chino's insturmentals

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Which one? :D
I recall at least three different people in addition to himself doing vocals at different points in time. And I'm nowhere near having heard the entire discography (:

Also: I gave Undead Corporation a listen (or 50 to be more precise :D) ... I actually like them, which is pretty rare for a metalcore band.

Oh, and happy Cirno Postcount to me! :D

Zwarm

Smash Hero
As much as I love metal, I don't really like anime/touhou metal that much, or at least what I've heard. Probably because I'm a progressive death metal kinda guy and anime metal is much more power metalish sounding to me.

I do really like UI-70 though.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Zwarm you should link me to some progressive death metal.

Also I specifically like Blankfield because they're not as power metalish as most other groups.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Those are both great bands to listen to, though I prefer Crimson II over Crimson, since I like how much more melodic Crimson II is.

Listen to Opeth, namely Blackwater Park, Deliverance, Still Life, or Watershed. Though Opeth is my favorite band and I love all of their albums haha.
Mastodon is also really good, though they've grown away from death metal vocals and have more clean vocals, but the music is still solid.
Dan Swano's Moontower album is also really solid, he's the lead singer from Edge of Sanity. In Vain's The Latter Rain. Katatonia's Brave Murder Day (when lead singer of Opeth, Mikael Akerfeldt was their lead singer). The Faceless' Akeldama if you're into more technical metal. I also love every single Daylight Dies and Swallow the Sun album, but those are more doom metal which is a little slower

And yeah besides that I listen to more black metal like Abigail Williams, but they have some metalcore roots in their early albums. Legends EP and In the Shadow of A Thousand Suns are my favorite, give them a try too to see if you're into that sorta music too.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sigh, almost caught up to the Hayate manga.

I'll probably be up to date with it by tomorrow. Its kind of sad, reading a bunch at a time was really fun. Now I have to wait for new chapters :<

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
xD it was, really fun.

And some of the most interesting with the Kings stone ordeal.

But yea, I'll probably be caught up with Hayate tomorrow and gonna start Conan and probably keep reading Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne on thursday :3

Top Bottom