• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
cute girls doing nothing sucks

cute girls doing almost nothing is the greatest tho

so I couldn't watch K-On but I love Tamako Market ROFL

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Nah, just makes your taste (objectively, of course) bad. ;)

Finished all already aired Gj-bu episodes... now I have to wait for the season finale, where ... absolutely nothing will happen <3 :D
Psycho-Pass season finale wasn't as great as I hoped, but still decent enough I guess. I didn't have an actual idea of what I would've loved to happen, but something... more. It's still easily a 10/10 show (and well, I guess they want to leave some material for a possible 2nd season).
Thanks for info on the Nanoha movie, I've been looking forward to that (:

Oh and I enjoyed K-On a lot more than Tamako market... Might be related to K-On being one of the first *SUPERMOE* shows I've seen.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
cute girls doing nothing sucks

cute girls doing almost nothing is the greatest tho

so I couldn't watch K-On but I love Tamako Market ROFL
Hit or miss for me, generally miss. I liked Lucky Star, Minami-ke (if that counts), and K-On. Tamako Market bored me, granted it was only one episode.
I thought Madoka was just alright. Does this make me a bad person? Also Mami sucked.
Could be because you heard of so many people liking it. Happens all the time.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It's not like I disliked it you baka! It just kinda panned out exactly how I thought it would. In my head I thought Madoka would wish for in the 2nd episode that she did in the last, just on a smaller scale if you know what I mean. Also it took a while for the art to grow on me. The ending was way better than everyone made it out to be though.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I wrote out all of my thoughts on Psycho-Pass to Violence over Facebook PM. Because I don't feel like re-typing, I'll copy and paste them here.

oh my christ
k I finished psycho-pass
a few thoughts
1. if you find the time, you should really play the MGS series.
so yeah, I really liked that ending, although I think they drew it out a bit too much. if it were me, I would've cut it at makishima's death and left things ambiguous
all the same, the parallel to the first episode was neat. obviously they're going for a second season. the way they set it up reminds me of Battle Royale's ending
with the hardened protagonist from the first season(/movie) coming back as a terrorist in the second season
i think the ambiguity as to who was right/wrong was really spectacularly done
you almost wanted to see makishima live but you knew he had to die, cuz that's how it had to be (MGS4's ending has a TON of parallels, btw; I won't say anything more than that though)
I do sort of thing the way akane was allowed to live was a bit deus-ex-machina-y
that's my other complaint I guess
oh yeah
and even though his death was spoiled for me
somehow I cried really hard when masaoka died lol
then again when ginoza visited his grave
and LASTLY LOL WHAT THE **** YAYOI AND SHION WERE LEZ?
actually I probably should've seen that coming
since yayoi had that fascination with the girl from the band, rina or w.e
BUT ROFL NONETHELESS
oh yeah
one thing I thought the series did really well with as a whole was touching on issues of batman-esque morality
I dunno how else to phrase that lol
like how akane wouldn't kill makishima
and then gave her speech in the final episode defending her idea of the "law"
it reminded me of the Dark Knight in some ways hahaha
I just thought it was cool how she said not to kill makishima and you thought "well, obviously she's just trying to protect shinya"
but then she gave that speech and you were like "oh wow nevermind she actually developed a really solid morality/justification"

G U R U

Smash Lord
Most cute girls doing nothing animes I've enjoyed. I think the only one that I didn't like was Yuri Yuri. Idk what it was about that show but I did not like it.

K-ON > All

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm probably going to wait for the 1080p version and a better subber for the nanoha movie 2nd

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I did mention that I watched psycho-pass (pretty much watched it the instant it popped up on my rss feed ;) ).
I just really don't know what I would've wanted from the ending. It was fine I guess, i just somehow hoped for more.

Sion

Island of Horizon
im stealing your avy sion

BUT ENOUGH TALK ABOUT ALL THAT ****

GIRLS UND PANZER EPISODE 11 IS OUT!!!! (with the final episode coming next week)

http://lohas.nicoseiga.jp/thumb/2564230i

PANZER FOOOOooooo~
yes yes omg why is no one hyped for this

Just started watching GJ-bu. How the hell did I miss to start that show when the season began? :D
probably the only nonsense show i'm watching this season and i enjoy it at times. btw, shion is mine

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I never saw the point of having a desktop looking that good. I'm never looking at it anyways. But they are pretty indeed, and maybe if I had that much information things on it, I'd have a look at it at times as well. My desktop usually just doubles as a temporary folder for stuff :D

Shinsekai Yori ending was kinda everything I wished from Psycho-pass: Closure and even a really interesting plot twist. Psycho-pass was the stronger show throughout the season though; especially the beginning of Shinsekai was a lot slower than I would've liked, but after about 4 or 5 episodes the series really picks up. Would totally recommend both to everybody who somehow missed them (they're 10/10 material in my book).

Also, my 1cc attempts of EoSD on normal are steadily approaching an end as well. My latest serious run ended at the last spellcard of Remi, and I had tons of super unnecessary deaths on the way ... (:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
That's like saying you usually wear a shirt so there's no point getting ripped.

Also I wonder if I'm still any good at touhou/shmups in general. I was able to 1cc stuff on hard back in like 07/08 but it's been a while...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I haven't been getting notifications for this thread, either, so I missed a whole week. Just caught up on the thread. Replying to old posts, FTW!

That too. Although I am watching One Piece atm XDXD

Also getting caught up on Fairy Tail. The filler arc is surprisingly not that bad but I think I'm a little biased because Lucy is my favorite character and the arc is based around her.
I originally watched One Piece as a sort of thank you to my friend for giving me such an amazing item. Now I'm ahead of him and reading it while he's still watching it only. XD

And I ended up falling behind on Fairy Tail halfway through that filler arc, and just skipped right to the canon part later. I like Lucy, though, so with Fairy Tail ending next week, I'll probably go back to the filler to get my last dosing of Hirano Aya for a while. :(

Freaking Mina-chi.

And being right about my reactions to an anime so many times.

You're so predictable... A bunch of us always guess your favorite characters correctly.
And speaking of that, Natsume is the best! I still haven't gotten to reading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, though. No Tomatsu Haruka to hear when reading the manga, sadly...

Psycho-Pass season finale wasn't as great as I hoped, but still decent enough I guess. I didn't have an actual idea of what I would've loved to happen, but something... more. It's still easily a 10/10 show (and well, I guess they want to leave some material for a possible 2nd season).
Shinsekai Yori ending was kinda everything I wished from Psycho-pass: Closure and even a really interesting plot twist. Psycho-pass was the stronger show throughout the season though; especially the beginning of Shinsekai was a lot slower than I would've liked, but after about 4 or 5 episodes the series really picks up. Would totally recommend both to everybody who somehow missed them (they're 10/10 material in my book).
Pretty much exactly what I thought about the two shows, in every account. Psycho-Pass was at a solid 10 going into the last episode, but the finale was lacking something that made me feel "empty". It lowered my rating to borderline 9 and 10, so I had to make a tough decision on the final rating. Ultimately, I settled on a 9, but it's still way close to a 10. It's just that MAL doesn't allow decimal ratings, so my rating of Psycho-Pass got the worse end of it.

Also, fighting of Shion, huh. Since I haven't seen it, I'm not going to jump into the battle, but I will claim the similar sounding characters of Shino and Shiori. 8-)

That's like saying you usually wear a shirt so there's no point getting ripped.
LOL

That desktop set-up is pretty nice, though. What program are you using to have all those things there, again, GURU? (EDIT: Oh, the highest process on that is listed as Rainmeter. XD Does Rainmeter manage everything you have on your desktop?)

And are we at another desktop phase in the thread, again? This is like the 5-6th time? (But who's counting...)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well, I'm not exactly the most complex person in the world so yea lol.

People have gotten my likes wrong before though and a fairly decent amount of times, for shows that aren't like K-on slice of life nothingness lol.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Ya Smashboards is still a little wonky right now. Sometimes I'll get alerts, sometimes I won't. Just watch the thread and click on your watched threads tabs at the top. Much easier.

And yes PC, Rainmeter manages everything. It's pretty easy to customize and have fun with once you get the hang of it :)

Top Bottom