• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Guru that avatar, I don't even

Also why TLR whyyy?

ALSO, I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist finally. I'm a bad person for waiting so long

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Nah, you're not... shows with that many episodes are hard to start imho :D

And I suppose most of us still have shows where we feel we should really start watching. E.g. I've just started Ookami to Koushinryou earlier today (: (and it's definitely living up my expections <3 :) ).

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Guru that avatar, I don't even

Also why TLR whyyy?

ALSO, I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist finally. I'm a bad person for waiting so long
brotherhood?

since i still haven't seen that either but i've read the manga

if you're talking about the first adaption, skip it

Minato

穏やかじゃない
brotherhood?

since i still haven't seen that either but i've read the manga

if you're talking about the first adaption, skip it
If only I could combine the first half of the first anime with the rest of Brotherhood. Would've been so nice.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If only I could combine the first half of the first anime with the rest of Brotherhood. Would've been so nice.
No one's stopping you from rewatching FMA that way, or even suggesting new people to the series that way. Unfortunately, for those not in the know, they can't do that.

Also, @Minato:
I've just started Ookami to Koushinryou earlier today (: (and it's definitely living up my expections <3 :) ).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
No one's stopping you from rewatching FMA that way, or even suggesting new people to the series that way. Unfortunately, for those not in the know, they can't do that.

Also, @Minato:
It would be weird though, mainly because of the art, music, and VA changes. I wouldn't recommend anyone new to do that though lol.

And : / I'll spend my spring break watching it then. I just hate people recommending me stuff and not reading/watching anything I tell people to watch. Especially if I have to watch 4 or 5 things just to have them watch just 1.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
<_<
I've been mentioning S&W ever since like 3-4 years ago to you.
And I keep up with like 4-5 times the amount of shows that you do on a weekly basis, so it's hard to pick up new stuff.
In the future, I'll just mention a show to you as a suggestion once or twice, then, when my opinion on them changes greatly (for better or for worse), and if you're not interested or if you forget, I won't keep on pushing/reminding you.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
<_<
I've been mentioning S&W ever since like 3-4 years ago to you.
And I keep up with like 4-5 times the amount of shows that you do on a weekly basis, so it's hard to pick up new stuff.
In the future, I'll just mention a show to you as a suggestion once or twice, then, when my opinion on them changes greatly (for better or for worse), and if you're not interested or if you forget, I won't keep on pushing/reminding you.
And I keep up with 4-5 times the amount of manga and also VNs and games than you do. I don't watch a lot of anime just like you don't read a lot of the other stuff.

If you want me to watch something like all of Spice and Wolf, it wouldn't hurt to read stuff I wanted you to read like 999 which takes a similar amount of time. There's other stuff that I'd bring up, but are way too long like Hayate, Umineko, Jojo (which you said you weren't interested in), and Persona (which I admit is more preferable if you play, but I know that won't/can't happen). If you wanted something more slice of life, there's Love Hina and I"s.

I gave up on suggesting Tsukihime...

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I give pretty much everything a shot that people recommend to me, especially if they've recommended good things before :(
It might just take some time to get to it, since there's sooo much to watch. And my friends tend to joke about me having the memory of a goldfish, and I can't quite disagree. Luckily there's the plan to watch list :D

G U R U

Smash Lord
I hate people like that. My roommate wanted me to watch all of Naruto Shippuden in exchange for watching Steins;Gate. I straight up told him to **** off because 1) Steins;Gate is a gazillion times better than any Naruto garbage and 2) because of the difference in the amount of episodes.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
It's kinda stupid, yeah. I'll happily suggest stuff if I think somebody is going to enjoy the show in question, but it's definitely not a requirement for watching their recommendations.
If they have recommended good stuff before (or it's their first) I'll just give it a shot, and if they recommended crap I won't watch it regardless. Or if they want me to watch Naruto / One Piece / something along those lines I won't do so either :D

G U R U

Smash Lord
That too. Although I am watching One Piece atm XDXD

Also getting caught up on Fairy Tail. The filler arc is surprisingly not that bad but I think I'm a little biased because Lucy is my favorite character and the arc is based around her.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm watching the first adaptation of FMA, I'm lazy and it was on Netflix so I figured why not.

I mean I just read all 500 or so chapters of Dragon Ball in like a week, so I think I can handle 51 episodes. I'll watch Brotherhood afterwards.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Reading the chapters for Dragon Ball sounds so much fun. Probably won't do that for another year or so though. And I honestly don't mind watching recommendations, but it's annoying to be pushed to watch something if I also really want to watch stuff on my backlog too.

And yeah, Zwarm, definitely watch Brotherhood eventually since it's the manga's story. I liked the first series as well, but you definitely won't like it if you watch it after.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
You should definitely start working on your backlog, it has psycho-pass in it after all ;)

I guess I'm never annoyed by recommendations because nobody's really getting the chance to push me to watch something ... I'll usually just start watching the things that sound interesting... I'm watching so much already anyways, what's one more show? :D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's one of the series I really want to start watching, haha. Plus all I've heard were good things.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I've just been interested in watching series with those 'deep' stories. Whatever you call them.

Gets my mind flowing.

Is there a name for those series like Psycho-Pass/Eden of the East/etc. where they like to blow your mind? I've been in a mood to watch those as of late. Recommended me some too so I have stuff to so this break :D

Top Bottom