• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I finished watching the first episode of the new Hunter X Hunter. The animation is great, but I still like the original anime way more. The music was better and the anime felt much darker. Plus the new series is going through the story fast and skipped over stuff. Everyone who hasn't watched/read HxH should still check it out, but I feel like they're going to miss what made the original great.

Also, too bad they changed everyone's voices. Guess they wanted to use voices that newer anime fans are more familiar with.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Woah haven't been here in a while sup guys

Tec do you play ygo? Or do you just like Tour Guides picture? :awesome:

First ep of Ika Musume 2 was epic. Can't get the opening out of my head.

Not really watching a whole lot this season so hoping to catch up on some older shows. Basically just Ika Musume 2 and Shana 3 when it starts.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Guru - I don't play play if that makes any sense lol. I don't have the time and money to actually play the game but I play a lot with Jungle/Toaster/Monk online through duel network.

And Tour guide is hilariously cute.

Wonder Magician da bess though. <3333 1900s

G U R U

Smash Lord
Dude don't even get me started on how good TG's are. I ran them for like 2 months haha. Wonder Magician <3

I don't play online only IRL but then again I've been playing for so long its not hard for me to get all the cards I want. Ygo is really hard to start playing now because its way too expensive. Just for an extra deck alone its well over 200 dollars.

Sold my 2x Tour Guides at the Toronto YCS a few weeks ago for $220. Kinda wish I had held them tho because now they're back up to 150 each :/ but I got them for like 30 each so still mad profit for me haha.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well, I used to play a long time ago. Like a loooooooooooooooooong time ago.

Like I quit a few months before Stardust came out. I did fairly well actually I think at one point I was actually 14th in NJ before I quit obviously.

When I talked to my friends about getting back in uh yea... I gave up that idea after hearing a few prices.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Ya its pretty crazy some of the prices. If you actually wanted to start playing probably the best and cheapest deck you could make would be either X-Sabers or Gravekeeper's. The only problem with them is that once the Dark World structure comes out in a month, both those decks go to **** lol. Dark World would be cheap and one of the best decks if it didn't need 3x Tour Guides :urg:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Magic was fun too, I liked the game but didn't have friends who played it and just stuck with YGO. :<

Omg, TCGs cost so much for no reason.

Okay, Guru you need to IM me one day so we can geek out. I'm curious why you think Dworlds need 3 tour guides though lol

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
lol magic. My blue deck was a ******** pickle/mill deck designed to piss people off. Good times. I still have my ygo deck too, insects all the way.

G U R U

Smash Lord
It's pretty simple actually.

Tour Guide searches Broww then you bounce it back to your hand to Special Summon Grapha from Grave and just go to town lol.

Plus Tour Guides a fiend so it gets 300 extra atk from the Field Spell.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Magic Workstation is magic online but free.

YGO is quite possibly less deep than Brawl. Rock Paper Scissors might actually be harder than YGO.

MTG 4 lyfe.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Magic Workstation is magic online but free.

YGO is quite possibly less deep than Brawl. Rock Paper Scissors might actually be harder than YGO.

MTG 4 lyfe.
I'll give you that it slowly is becoming that way. It didn't used to be like that in the old days tho.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
It's pretty simple actually.

Tour Guide searches Broww then you bounce it back to your hand to Special Summon Grapha from Grave and just go to town lol.

Plus Tour Guides a fiend so it gets 300 extra atk from the Field Spell.
Hm, I sorta made a fabled/dworld deck with Jungle without using tour guide. Iunno I can see the potential but I never think of dworld as a card that just throws a giant guy at you and call it a day.

Iunno eh *shrugs*

I'll give you that it slowly is becoming that way. It didn't used to be like that in the old days tho.
Yea, I can concur with this. There were a lot of thinking involved before. Its more brainless now. Not totally braindead but yea.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah I'll have to hit up Magic Workstation.

Also, yugioh used to have ******** win strats like final countdown + level limit area b defense decks, exodia draw/defense decks, etc.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Like the Dark World deck is literally 3x of the Structure -****ty cards +staples and good cards like Tour Guide. No thought process whatsoever. It tend to stay away from those types of decks tho. I like fooling around with decks that AREN'T simple to make like Heros, TG's and Scraps.

Stall decks like Final Countdown and Burn were never good and only caught bad people off guard. Trust me, I know. I've been on both sides of the coin.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I played ygo when it was just out. It was fun-ish, but like the only reason I ever played was to win store credit from tournaments to spend on MTG cards/tourneys. My YGO deck paid for itself like 10 fold.

Ravnica was the golden age of MTG standard, until Tarmogoyf popped up... :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Am I like the only one that followed the whole anime/manga of Yu-Gi-Oh till the end? lol

Just curious.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Ya potentially winning $30 store credit every week is definitely one of the reasons I still play. The card store where I live is like 10 min walk from my apartment lol.

I watched all of the original YGO series Minato. After that tho I gave up. Original series is the best.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Well it was wonderful conversing cardboard with you gents tonight but I'm afraid I must "hit the sack" as they say. Got work tomorrow morning.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I can't wait to see planeswalkers riding motorcycles lol

edit: we need a cardboard thread going

Top Bottom