• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I feel heartless whenever people say they teared up at the end. The end made me mad as hell because I felt the characters didn't get enough time to develop.

7 at best =3
Exactly how I feel, I just don't wanna hate. I actually gave it a 7 on MAL lol

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Senjougahara made the show what it is. Whenever there was an episode that DIDN'T have Senjougahara, I didn't like the episodes as much as the episodes that DID have her.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
>_< I honestly can't see how it was a masterpiece. What about it made it so?
I wouldn't personally say masterpiece but SHAFT + NisioIsin dialogue = fun, eccentric take on a fairly ordinary plot. I got the same feeling from Denpa Onna even though it was written by someone else.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I finally got that out of my head Tec0, and then I come back and see this again? God damn.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I dunno I think I was on drugs. I still really like Angel Beats. :( Hopefully the VN will redeem anything people had wrong with the anime/manga/light novels.

Bakemonogatari on the other hand. :colorful:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Angel Beats was awesome, but it definitely needed a 26 episode season to cover everything it seemed like it wanted to cover. I still gave it a 10 though.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm usually pretty lenient with my scores. If something leaves a lasting impression on me, like Angel Beats did, I usually give it a 9 or a 10. Even if it's just one character in a show that I really like, I could give it a good score. If I was to go hard-mode on my scoring and rank it based on plot/character development/etc., I probably would've still given it a 9, tbh.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I don't think I've ever rated any media below 6 or 7 unless it really, really deserves it, and yet I've given maybe four 10's total to any manga or anime, generally to those that I could count on to entertain me immensely regardless of situation.

Angel Beats! is not one of those, it is a good show to have for the weekend or a long plane ride, but that's as far as it goes for me.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
If I really don't like something, or I get disappointed, I'll definitely rate something below a 6 or 7. I gave Yumekui Merry a 5 because it started out so good, then it went to hell. It ended up being one of the worst shows I've ever watched. Also the Clannad movie got a 4, and the Kanon OVA and Kara no Kyoukai Epilogue got a 5.

Also, I think Minato will like this most: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglWzZliDoQ&feature=feedu

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Zwarm... That ending... what? lol

As for rating, I'm pretty generous on rating stuff. Most stuff I rate 1 higher than what it should be.
But that's mainly from me enjoying it though.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I tend to be generous on moeblob/SoL/comedy stuff and pretty harsh on plot-driven manime stuff.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Zwarm... That ending... what? lol

As for rating, I'm pretty generous on rating stuff. Most stuff I rate 1 higher than what it should be.
But that's mainly from me enjoying it though.
Naked loli Hugo, obv.

I do the same thing, I rate stuff one higher if I really like it.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I have...15 o.o

but a lot of them are 'obligatory' 10s, for stuff that might not deserve it but I loved enough to give 10s for (eg. carnival phantasm, gurren lagann movies)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I have 32 10's at this point... <_<
I remember when Minato and I would seesaw back and forth between who would have more 10's... XD But the last few seasons had a lot of shows I really enjoyed, including the most recent 10-scorer that actually made it in my top-5 anime, which is super rare since my top-5 is something I consider to be very solid.

I'm pretty generous in ratings, too. And like some people here, few things that I managed to finish get less than a 6, since in general, if I'm able to finish it, then it shouldn't be that bad. And the fact that anime is usually something that takes great effort from a lot of people working together to create, most of them shouldn't deserve a low score. (There are those few exceptions, of course, where it's just either horrible or lacked any effort.)
And how a series concludes is VERY important to me, as well, so how it ends alone would likely make me bump the score up or take it down one level.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I tend to rate based off of how MAL displays the ratings (5 being average, 6 being fine, 7 being good, etc)

Being 'fine' isn't bad, it doesn't mean the show is terrible it just means there's nothing exceptional about it but it may be worth watching.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i don't rate ****

the ratings i have up were to win free stuff which i didn't win

but i have won free stuff at aib back when i used it lol

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I tend to rate based off of how MAL displays the ratings (5 being average, 6 being fine, 7 being good, etc)

Being 'fine' isn't bad, it doesn't mean the show is terrible it just means there's nothing exceptional about it but it may be worth watching.
I do this too, typically. I'm just more lenient, I guess.

Top Bottom