• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The DDD Interview Thread - The Rising Star from PA: TUSM is up next!

∫unk

Smash Master
Junk's Interview 9-19-10

Junk whats your favorite DDD frame trap??
My favorite frame trap is the Buuman trap.

Junk

Describe the uses of FAIR and UTHROW
Too many to describe. Just try using them. I claw f-air (actually I claw everything now) which makes my f-airs seem smoother than most DeDeDe's.

What exactly lead you to the name 'Junk'?
Jun Kr1st0ff3rs0n
Jun K
Junk

I used to have "inthetrunk" on the end but I quickly got rid of that.

Jun kri******** (name censored) I have another question for you

WHY ARE YOU SO ADORABlE ?

Also

Do you ever

?
:3

That's one of my favorite animals

Junk, where do you feel D3 should be on the tier list?

Which MUs do you feel you know best, and why?

Favorite color?

What else do you lke to do for fun?
Somewhere in the bottom 5 of the top 10.

I honestly don't know which MU I feel the best at, I feel like I know a bunch of matchups adequately and I don't know a bunch of matchups adequately. From tournament play alone I know I'm highly experienced vs Falco and MK (most common opponents I fight).

Favorite colors; light green and light blue. If there was a DeDeDe texture with those colors I would <3 the creator forever.

For fun I work out, I hang out with other smashers, flirt with random girls. I like to have a life and UCSB is a great place to have one. 2 skills I want to acquire are cooking and dancing

Junk

Are you trash?
Why does ur name look more like funk to me?
Am I disappointing you?
Would you agree with me that my questions are rubbish and posted merely to comfort you?
Am I a jerk :(?
In smell, yes.
Because the integral sign has a shape of an f and also the shape of a j combined.
You've only asked 2 questions, no.
Well, I don't know about rubbish but they have succeeded in comforting me.
Only if you want to be.

Junk, would you ever consider coming to Australia for a national tournament.

Do you think you'd **** us all?
Do you like the Australian accent?
Do you hate/like Kangaroos.
Ever heard of the drop bears we have here?

Will you make love to me? or maybe Laem?
Yes I would.

I don't really think about how I'm going to do or who I'm going to ****. I'll do my share of **** talking but my actual mentality is to do the best I can because thinking about anything else has historically made me do worse.

I love Australian accents. I wish I had one.

I like Kangaroos but I don't really know them beyond their :3ness

No lol what the heck is a drop bear.

For the right price, yes.

can only i call you junkie bb
Yes

What's your favorite matchup as DDD

What do you think DDD's best move is?

Do you like playing aggro or are you super campy(never watched you play much tbh)

How long have you been in the BBR?

foods, Japanese or Chinese?

What's your current job, or if a student, what is your current school's name.

Can I have nudes plz?
They're all hard at the top level so I don't really have a favorite... pretty much everyone is equally annoyingly hard. I guess you could say my favorite is ganon even though I've only played it once in tournament. It was literally the fastest set in my whole life it was over in under 5 minutes (from the time the match was called to when I reported the win).

DDD's best move is grab and b-air and they're both equally important.

I try to mix it up whatever I'm doing so I don't really define myself into categories. Depends on the matchup/opponent I'm fighting.

Been in the BBR for a few months now, I honestly forget when I got in. I applied in the last application period and they accepted me.

Japanese because I'm Japanese. I actually don't like Chinese food that much it's okay but I couldn't have it every day (like I could with Japanese food).

Student at UCSB. I'm looking for a part time job so I can keep going to tournaments.

Send first and I will.

Jun

Have you ever been in a car accident?!
Yes, I almost died because my friend fell asleep on the way back from a tournament. My knee has permanent damage because of it. That's the tldr version.

Who's your favourite low tier character?
Falcon. He's surprisingly good at grabbing.

Jun

Do you possess "game"
Up to you to decide. I'm just myself I don't worry about what abstract things I possess.

Do you hate people of the African/American decent?
No, but I did grow up in private schools in California so my exposure to people of African-American decent is small, so I'm ignorant on a lot of things regarding their culture.

Jun(k) what's your favorite TV SHOW?!?!!?!

Do you like penguins?

Have you ever dated a male?

Do you ever

Don't watch enough TV to have a favorite TV show. The only TV I consistently watch are the 49ers on Sunday (Monday this week vs Saints!)

Yes I think Penguins are adorable.

I have never dated a male... on purpose.

Yes Albert, I f-tilt.

Junk, what is your ideal woman?
Cute as Me, Intelligent as Me, Driven as Me, Caring as Me. So far I haven't met a girl that meets all these standards.

JUNKY JUNK

Do you like the harry potter books?!?!

Do you ever

I love Harry Potter books I've read the entire series multiple times. I almost dated a girl that looked like Hermione but... she was kinda weird.

could it possibly be....your jealous because someones junk is more impressive than yours?

[legit question pls answer interviewee]
Girls care more about stamina than length. Also girls that go for big Junk's are cursed because every other Junk seems pathetic afterwards.

Why are you asking about Junk's sexual instrument?
Why not ask about Junk's junk?
At least you guys didn't ask about Junk's Junk's Junk (ewwwww, cooties)

yes, why are you gay for the penguin anyway?

kinda hard for me to see why imo
I like DeDeDe but I think they could have designed him better (graphically and character wise).

That is beyond horrible.

Junk, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that the woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Why the hostility, oh Dark ThreeNergy?

Jun do you like Threenergy? She's being mean about Penguiny devotion :(
Yeah I think she's cool. I don't know what you're talking about.

sure am considering it would be quite blasphemous that d3's nickname might ironically be in my name

junkie, could you pls higher educate this kid on penguin devotion? as he clearly does not represent our brothern
Albert is cool
D3 is cool
Penguins are cool

LOL

Junk:

How do you balance playing D3 and a hard to player character like Marth?

Do you think that you feel like you bring anything unique to DDD?

Do you have any specific goals for Smash in general?

What is your take on the Olimar MU?

I only play D3 in tournament so no balance necessary. I was originally a Marth main until June 2009 and always play him in friendlies so I've just been familiar with him for a long time. If MK were to be banned I would secondary Marth... I hope this happens because I know I do some things better than any other Marth.

Probably technical precision; buffering, powershielding, platform cancels. All of these give me an edge and give me speed that most DeDeDe's don't have. I still need to be able to consistently use it like CO before I start crowning myself.

Not really... I just like to improve. I have tangible goals that represent the improvement (getting ranked in SoCal, being the best DeDeDe on the WC), but those are tangents of improvement, and not something I need to be focusing on.

I don't know the Olimar matchup really... I've only played Rich twice and the second time was much better than the first but I still have a long way to go. I need to talk to coney about this matchup.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh **** you did the entire thing. Excellent I will add it to the OP tomorrow. I'd do it now but I'm on my phone right now for internet. And then..Coney is up next!

And we need more volunteers. Where the f is Atomsk and CO18?

Any DDD regular is cool at this point.

Albert.

Smash Master
Uh...

Junk

You didn't answer one of my questions

"WHY ARE YOU SO ADORABLE"

:(

I think the community would like to know your secrets of adorablenity!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lmafo he answered all of them

this thread is wonderful

wait, how could they have designed DDD better? His brawl sprite looks so much better than his HAL sprites. I mean when it comes to things like sprites and making good 3D models the japanese pretty much fall short in terms of making organic animated movement and making their characters feel life like-- in terms of video game department. American animation studios both game wise and feature length animation studios are vastly superior in how they make their art come alive.

DDD tho, i think they took a very cranky angry looking villian from the series and pretty much did a 180 on his character in terms of personality and how bubbly he is in his brawl sprite. I like the personality change, it caters to DDDs mischievous misunderstood fat kid persona he emits even in cannon. And makes him more 'approachable' as a character. Its harder to approach and play villain characters than it is to play characters that give alot of love. In its because of what they represent.

As an example of animation;

DDDs key frames and movement is pretty stiff in this gif. He also kinda looks too plasticity. I think the whole rated G thing nintendo wants kinda holds these 2 characters back especially in this scene.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Oh **** you did the entire thing. Excellent I will add it to the OP tomorrow. I'd do it now but I'm on my phone right now for internet. And then..Coney is up next!

And we need more volunteers. Where the f is Atomsk and CO18?

Any DDD regular is cool at this point.
Sure I'll be apart of whatever this is

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Why do you talk about yourself so much as if you are THAT interesting of a person?

Why do you look like the villain from the Incredibles?

Why you always ditching me?

brawl related

Why you uhh...**** idk use nair so much?

∫unk

Smash Master
how did you get your tag?

what's your favorite punishment/situation with dedede?

what's your favorite matchups?

what's your favorite drink?

if you catch a girl checkin' you out, how do you feel and what is your response?

will you be my ddd rival?

don't know what that last question means but i figured ec vs wc there's gotta be hype in that

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Who's your favorite character to team with?

What do you like to do for fun, other than Smash?

I hear you are getting your own VH1 special soon called "Coney: The Life of Glamour and Fortune." Is there any truth in this?

What's our LEAST favorite matchup?

Do you like to wear tight t-shirts?

What is your favorite video game?

What you wish D3 had that he lacks?

ZTD | TECHnology

LOL at questions 3 and 5 Tmacc.

Hmm I might as well ask questions while I'm here.

Are you aware your name makes me want Coney Island right now?

What do you think makes you stand our from all the other DDDs?

Did any other existing DDDs help influence the way you play today?

How the hell did you and Nicole **** doubles at SSI3? Have you guys teamed before? Seriously that was impressive.

Who would you reccommend as a good character to team up with in doubles?

What do you think DDDs most underrated move is and why?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
So, Coney:

Why Dedede? What made you pick him up in the first place?
Who's your secondary? How often do you use it in tourney, and against who?
What's your favorite matchup? Who do you despise playing against?
Is Dedede's spotdodge really broken? (smirk)
If you could own any car, what would it be?

Bonus Question: True or False? 2 + 2

Buuman

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind sharing some more knowledge and having some questions answered after all of the active D3 players are done due to my lack of participation with the Brawl scene. I however, have somewhat returned to melee (again), and am playing Brawl+ competitively.

I have quit regular brawl, but like I said, I wouldn't mind closing up some loose ends, and answering some questions on Brawl's meta game and whatnot.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Coneeeeeyyy :bee:

What makes you so different from other d3's in general?

would you rather take on your bad mu's or switch chars?

how you think you're crew is doing? lol

how do you practice? Whats your strengths? weaknesses?

how's life?

planning on getting a static partner soon?

pudee?

what advice would you give to other players to better themselves?

Albert.

Smash Master
Coney you're known as one of the most **** DDDs in doubles

what's your approach to doubles? I know you're aggro in singles, but are you aggro in doubles to?

Did you know I thought your DDD hype vid was f***ing HILARIOUS ?

Coney

Smash Master
i'm slowly timing this thread out

jk i haven't got my questions via PM yet :<

i might just go ahead and respond soon though! poor whoever-is-after-me

ZTD | TECHnology

Sorry I have been retardedly busy and forgot about this thread <_< So sorry guys. Give me till tomorrow and Coney will have his questions. My bad for letting this slow down. 2 jobs/school makes a man forget stuff.

ZTD | TECHnology

Coney's Interview: ****!

Slikvik said:
Coney why u be losin to whack chars like DK,Lucario and going last hit with bad warios?
i only lost to one ridiculous DK, i've never lost to lucario, and wario's the gayest thing on two legs.

MalcolmM said:
How does it feel to kill with DDDs fthrow @ 50%?
it feels like...like going out on that brisk autumn night at one in the morning. body weary from hard labor, in search of sustenance from some cartoon mascot, some bear with a bow-tie peddling long fried things. the overwhelming smell of the wet earth. wind rustling loudly in the trees, ominous. moon thick and angry in the sky. and yet, the unexplainable feeling that—that everything's going to be okay. that's what it's like.

MalcolmM said:
Pudee Pudee. Bes or wors video?
pudee pudee is a masterpiece. truly a landmark of our culture, one that will stand the test of time. when aliens visit our planet, i hope it's the first thing they watch. i want to put it in a time capsule for future generations.

TKO727 said:
Why do you talk about yourself so much as if you are THAT interesting of a person?
the issue isn't talking about me, it's NOT talking about you (smirk)

TKO727 said:
Why do you look like the villain from the Incredibles?
i really don't see it! i'm not even a ginger, nor THAT fat! how did this even spread! you guys are lucky that's my favorite pixar movie!

TKO727 said:
Why you always ditching me?
because I am a very busy and interesting man with very busy and interesting interests obv

TKO727 said:
Why you uhh...**** idk use nair so much?
nair is...honestly probably my favorite ddd aerial. you can trap people with it if they airdodge bair but don't go far enough to punish with fair, you can divebomb people expecting a bair or inhale, it sets up for grab or utilt at low percents...it's just fantastic. and it does TWELVE!

Technodeath said:
Come to my house and play some Brawl with me, so I can be pro?
allo allo

only if i can ride in a kangaroo's pouch while i'm there—in fact, can we just play in one of those? wait, do you live in one? are you in it right now?

Aglow said:
What are some of your most frequently used mixups?
honestly this is kinda embarassing because i don't know; i genuinely don't have a set of mixups or tricksies in my head whenever i play, except for some of the obvious stuff (punishing snake dacus with utilt, grab or dair for instance, depending on percent and positioning). for the most part i honestly just wing it and do what comes naturally. it's only when i go back to a match, or when people have told me personally, that i realize exactly what i'm doing. i came from a casual background, not a fighter, so i guess i still have that kinda mentality a little...

Junk said:
how did you get your tag?
my tag is a long and convoluted story, so i'll just say it's from the warriors. i wanted something either from a film or a video game i really liked; after wrestling with some ideas i came up with either nemo (after the kiddo in my ava, also the reason why i've never changed it since i've been on swf) or coney isle. went with the latter, then took out the isle because it was stupid.

Junk said:
what's your favorite punishment/situation with dedede?
by FAR my favorite punishment with ddd is a charged dsmash to punish spotdodges. most ddds know that dthrow to dsmash is a great punishment option, and it's really intimidating if you charge it; what people DON'T realize is that it's great at ANY time, mostly because of ddd's intimidating nature and incredible grab game. you can also roll with them, since it's a natural reaction for them to roll too, and it'll hit them. ddd doesn't have many reliable killers, this seems to work waaay more often than it should.

Junk said:
what's your favorite matchups?
i don't really have any...favorite matchups to be honest. i'm starting to enjoy doing harder matchups but only because i feel like my playstyle is really well-equipped to fight them, characters like olimar and pikachu. i get to play how i want against them, ruthless and overwhelming. but then again i like playing falco and mk too because it forces me to slow down, which is new and refreshing for me...i wouldn't do it on my own.

Junk said:
what's your favorite drink?
my favorite drink, by leaps and bounds, is sweet tea, especially the way my grandmother makes it. i've been trying to perfect the recipe for years and i can't find it. she's tried to teach it to me, i can't find it. my family's from the south, north carolina, so they've like, got that gene. soda is a close second...i don't drink or smoke for personal reasons, but the way i drink soda, it's a much worse vice.

Junk said:
if you catch a girl checkin' you out, how do you feel and what is your response?
hahah, oh wow...well there are a few answers. i've been in the same relationship for five years now so, considering my current circumstances, i'd just smile, be flattered and kinda shrug it off. if we're assuming i was still single, though, i do the exact opposite of how i play in brawl: i never approach. i just kinda hang back and wait for women to come to me. if i'm interested myself i'll try to float in and out of conversations, make myself known without ever really talking to them directly. once i see a certain level of...activity, of course i take initiative, but i'm a pretty hard-to-please guy in general so i figure it's no loss one way or another for me, hahah

at least, i think that's how i USED to be around women--five years is a looong time.

Junk said:
will you be my ddd rival?
we already are, *****! you're west coast, i'm east coast, you're technical and precise, i'm instinctive and headstrong, we have similar results, and we both use green! our fates are star-crossed!

Tmacc said:
Who's your favorite character to team with?
probably wario, to be honest. it's ridiculous how he can be there for ANYTHING with a punish, and kill of dthrow setups so easily...i've never teamed with a really good MK though, as for some reason the top players in my region never wanna team with me, no matter what i do! peach is kinda fun too, but only if the peach is REEEALLY talented; like, i thought nicole and i were gonna do awfully because i've never liked that team but, she had enough moxie to make it work. i prolly wouldn't team with any peach but her.

Tmacc said:
What do you like to do for fun, other than Smash?
i'm an avid video game collector, though i don't really play them as much as i used to...i have a ton of old systems and rare games. i also used to do theatre in the greater dc-metro area but, i haven't been in that for about a year and a half...ironically, exactly when i started getting into smash. i miss it, i used to be pretty good too! oh, and i still watch pro-wrestling. not in earnest, obviously, but...i dunno. wrestling feels so postmodern to me, as a media major. it's this fabricated reality based on inflated personalities of real people, and it gets even more interesting if you keep up with what goes on backstage. i dunno, it's so fake but so real at the same time, this augmented reality, it's great.

Tmacc said:
I hear you are getting your own VH1 special soon called "Coney: The Life of Glamour and Fortune." Is there any truth in this?
yes, i'm being played by micheal cera/sylvester stallone and TKO is being played by chris tucker/michael clarke duncan

Tmacc said:
What's our LEAST favorite matchup?
i haaate fighting low tiers in tournament. fighting a ganon, or an ike, or a samus, irritates me to no end. if we win, it's nothing...if we lose, we catch all kinds of hell. they're not even fun to fight because, ultimately, we're just supposed to chaingrab and exploit their being a bad character. most low tiers have some pretty irritating aspect too (samus' zair, ike's stupid jab, etc.) it's just not fun!

Tmacc said:
Do you like to wear tight t-shirts?
NO.

Tmacc said:
What is your favorite video game?
it's hard to say...i have a lot and i play them for different reasons. for competition/multiplayer, it's brawl, mario strikers charged and frequency/amplitude. for gameplay it's probably yoshi's island or banjo-kazooie or streets of rage 2, something like that. for story it's silent hill 2 or 4, or the bioshock series. it's hard to define just one absolute favorite game for me, i don't play silent hill 2 for the fast and exhilarating gameplay much in the same way i don't play donkey kong country 2 for the deep and intricate plot, you know?

Tmacc said:
What you wish D3 had that he lacks?
an front OOS option that isn't shield or fair. when someone's all up in our face we don't really have an option other than grab, and it's real predictable. if we had, like, marth's upb or something, it'd be RIDICULOUS. it doesn't even have to be that strong, it could just be like mario's, it doesn't matter. the point is, when falco's all up in my business, jabbing and tilting and annoying the **** out of me, i don't have an answer. it sucks!

Technical_Chase said:
Are you aware your name makes me want Coney Island right now?
isn't that a food chain or summat? goodness gracious MW is weird!

Technical_Chase said:
What do you think makes you stand our from all the other DDDs?
not a lot, to be honest. i have a more reactive, instinctive way of play that doesn't really consider what's safe, just what will or won't work. i'm also EXTREMELY sloppy; i'll dair when i mean to bair sometimes, putting me in a terrible position. it's hard for me to say what i do well, to be honest, since like i said, i don't really think when i play. it's all heart.

Technical_Chase said:
Did any other existing DDDs help influence the way you play today?
to be honest...not really. i picked up a few really basic things from watching videos, like b-reversing inhales, but for the most part it's all homegrown. i'm not smart enough to pick things up from videos, so i just kinda developed my own fluidity based on what feels good and safe. this means i'm sometimes wrong, but it also means i'm pretty unconventional. i get a lot of people telling me i play very much unlike most ddds, which feels good!

Technical_Chase said:
How the hell did you and Nicole **** doubles at SSI3? Have you guys teamed before? Seriously that was impressive.
I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT. we've never teamed before, and i haaated teaming with peach prior. i just teamed with nicole because we're friends and i know she's really good and underrated, so i figured hey, why not? then we got third...like christ man, i don't even know. we were carrying each other though, which was neat. there were some matches where she was having trouble and i would step in front and start throwing everyone away from her, getting them out, and there were other times against combo-heavy characters where she literally just would not get touched and create this ridiculous wall around both of us...it was unreal.

Technical_Chase said:
Who would you reccommend as a good character to team up with in doubles?
like i said, wario! MK might be good but i have little experience with it. wario just complements ddd so well because of his outrageous mobility and ability to punish off pretty much everything wario does. last time i came to midwest i teamed with a pretty good unranked wario from our region and we beat YBM and infern...it was our first time teaming, too. wario/ddd is AMAZING.

Technical_Chase said:
What do you think DDDs most underrated move is and why?
i think people still underrate nair. i get a lot of questions, since i'm pretty sure i do it more than any other ddd on earth, and i keep telling them why it's actually fantastic. i would say dtilt but i don't think dtilt is underrated, just underused. we all know how good it is, we just don't use it enough, hahah.

TUSM said:
Why Dedede? What made you pick him up in the first place?
remember those dojo updates? well as they were coming out i was getting hyped about some characters. i wanted to see olimar, i wanted to see banjo-kazooie, i wanted to see ness, etc...characters i love. then out of nowhere, dedede. i was at a friend's house at the time and i was just like, overwhelmed with this sense that, i wanted to use this guy. i loved him in the kirby games and now he was gonna be in brawl. so when brawl came out i tried a few characters...my main was lucas, since he just felt natural, ddd was a second, and olimar (my favorite nintendo character) was a third. after a while i started noticing, i would NEVER lose with ddd against my friends, so i started developing him...and that was pretty much it. he's also the only character i don't really get tired of playing ever, for some reason. i ****ing love him.

TUSM said:
Who's your secondary? How often do you use it in tourney, and against who?
well i picked up a wario a few months ago specifically to deal with local metaknights...but i haven't really used him in that time, mostly because 1) i haven't had the chance to and 2) OOS has a lot more wario experience than MD/VA so, i don't wanna get destroyed in a MU i don't completely understand. now i just keep wario in my pocket for brinstar and other gay stages, but ddd is at the forefront. i'll probably go all ddd until i eventually decide to quit this game, he's the only character i can play really well.

TUSM said:
What's your favorite matchup? Who do you despise playing against?
like i said, i like our harder MUs, specifically olimar, but only because i feel like i'm pretty good at it. i hate low ties because they're boring :<

TUSM said:
Is Dedede's spotdodge really broken? (smirk)
i hate ddd's spotdodge! i always get punished out of it whether i spotdodged a move or not, and when i see other ddds play i see them doing so well with it! i don't know what i'm doing wrong!

TUSM said:
If you could own any car, what would it be?
i'm actually driving my dream car right now, which is just a basic pickup truck with a manual transmission. i'm a very basic guy with basic tastes, hahah. i also love driving stick.

TUSM said:
Bonus Question: True or False? 2 + 2
why is there math, i was told there would be no math

SonicMaster5 said:
What makes you so different from other d3's in general?
hi speed!

like i said, not a lot. i'm just dumber and more reckless than most, but i find ways to make it work. i've been told my style is very different but i can't really say how other than...i'm fast, and i come to them. i don't like just sitting.

SonicMaster5 said:
would you rather take on your bad mu's or switch chars?
after experimenting with wario a bit, i think i can safely say i'd rather just go ddd. i know him the best, i know his bad MUs, and i feel the most comfortable with him. i might go other characters on a whim if my opponent just literally obliterates me because he knows me so well but, for the most part, i think i'm all ddd.

SonicMaster5 said:
how you think you're crew is doing? lol
good! i just wish all of us could play at 100% all the time. we have some serious consistency issues :<

SonicMaster5 said:
how do you practice? Whats your strengths? weaknesses?
i don't actually ever practice on my own...ddd doesn't have much to practice, to be honest, it's all just reaction. so i only play with other people offline, though sometimes i'll play wifi for ****s and giggles with ness.

i think my strength is my aerial ability. i looove fighting in the air with any character, it just feels so fluid and dynamic. it helps me out on stages that are considered gay for ddd like brinstar and norfair as well, since they're primarily air-based. as for weaknesses, i had a very bad habit of not analyzing my situation correctly in matches; i'll lose to people i feel like i could or should beat, just because i get flustered and can't step away from it for a second to regain myself. mental stamina, i guess, is my answer.

SonicMaster5 said:
how's life?
good! i'm trying for an internship at 99.5 among other places for college credit, malarie and i are real happy and i just found out i'm pretty sure i'm going to disneyworld next summer. can't complain!

SonicMaster5 said:
planning on getting a static partner soon?
it's sooo hard though. i already have a few though; pink fresh and GIMR are my md/va statics, as we always do really well together. nicole is definitely my static MW, i can't see doing that well with anyone else for whatever reason. i just need a few other regions and i'll be set. i got hoes in different area codes.

SonicMaster5 said:
pudee!

SonicMaster5 said:
what advice would you give to other players to better themselves?
look at the top players around your region. what do they have that the lower-level players don't? how about on the national scale? it's confidence. it's peace-of-mind and assuredness. it's also what makes them pleasant people to be around. honestly, you just have to be 100% sure of yourself when you go into matches. everyone does that in different ways...some people **** around in the match and try to make the opponent feel stupid, some people psych themselves up before the match, it's unique for each person. but you need that confidence to be successful anywhere, smash is really no exception.

TUSM said:
New question:

I thought what we had was special? (In my livestream voice....you know the one.....)
i love that voice...i don't know why we don't talk more at events, i think there's this weird rift between md/va (or just me, maybe) and the PA players. yall are getting ridiculous good and seem to be really cool people, i dunno what's up there. we should fix it!

Albert said:
Coney you're known as one of the most **** DDDs in doubles

what's your approach to doubles? I know you're aggro in singles, but are you aggro in doubles to?
wow really? i didn't know i was known for being good in doubles, but neat! thanks!

uhh in doubles i just play much safer than i do in singles. either i or my teammate will go aggressive and the other will go support, and that's pretty much it. i like keeping things simple. you have to play safer in doubles with ddd though, because if you get too aggro, this happens.

frame traps. frame traps everywhere.

Albert said:
Did you know I thought your DDD hype vid was f***ing HILARIOUS ?
really? thank you! i worked very hard on it obv, many cold nights slaving over my outdated editing software.

Tmacc said:
Soooo...where's the interview?
here! gosh![/QUOTE]

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
hoes in different area codes, hmm? I don't think you quite understand the definition of static partner :chuckle:

Top Bottom