• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The DDD Interview Thread - The Rising Star from PA: TUSM is up next!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
If we're all done asking questions I will PM them all to you Vex in one big post so you can address them and I'll post the interview here. I'll wait one more day.

ZTD | TECHnology

Okay I waited long enough I suppose so I will be PMing Vex his questions. I thought more people would jump on this one lol I will be back online this evening to PM him the questions and hopefully have the interview up tomorrow and then move on to Junk.

ZTD | TECHnology

The Interview with Vex!

After you made coney **** his pants with the greatest of ease at Xanaduuuuuuuuuuuu
do you now(or did you already) consider dedede to be your best character?
DDD is my most solid character, I've been playing him longer then all of my other characters.
Also, what or who is Kasrani and are there any other Kasrani's besides you and Espy?

I'm the only original Kasrani, I told Espy to add it to the end of his name cause hes my wife obv.
Vex, what made you go from a character like bowser to DDD?

In florida we have a player named serg who went from bowser to DK.

How do you go from bowser to DDD, who is a character based on a much different dynamic? (other than his overall size)
My first character was DDD, I started playing Bowser in October of 2008 after being frustrated with Olimar, feeling that I couldn't beat that character, I stopped caring about the game and went to my favorite character. Keep in mind I didn't go to DDD as a tier *****, I went to him simply because hes my second favorite nintendo character and was a better choice then Bowser.
what's your approach to the icy's matchup? what are you specifically looking for in the neutral situation (where most of the matchup is played)? when they're seperated, what are you looking for?
Number one rule in this matchup is to not fear the IC's grab, just to respect it. Grabbing IC's is almost as bad for them as it is if they grab us, because they potentially can lose nana from every grab and DDD vs Sopo is awful for Sopo.

Blizzard wall isn't that big of a deal in the matchup as Ftilt trades with it. Atomsk likes to throw Fsmash out, I never do that really, if the character is separated, I just keep throwing both climbers until nana is offstage by herself then bair wall her to death.

From the neutral position in this matchup, watch for the IC's patterns, do not fight Ice blocks, just powershield them, do it for 8 minutes if necessary! that probably won't happen though, so IC's will probably start with the % lead. mix up pivot grabbing and waiting then grabbing, if the IC's notice you pivot grabbing them if they come in for a grab, they'll likely spotdodge and grab you, but if you predict this, simply pivot, NOT PIVOT GRAB, and wait for the spotdodge, then grab and bthrow nana offstage, did I mention camping near the ledge? Ya, thats what I do lul.

Feel free to AIM me if you want me to get more specific in the matchup with you.

Vex, you play so many characters so well. Are there often times where you find it hard to choose which character to use in a certain situation, and how often do you find youself wishing you HAD used a different character after you lost?
All the time, it's a crappy feeling.
Which is your favorite color of D3?
Purple.
Of all of your characters, who do you feel the most comfortable with?
DDD
Why are you a "wise wolf?"
Look up the anime called "Spice and Wolf", Horo calls herself the Wise Wolf God.
How did you come up with the name Vex Kasrani?

+

When you decide to switch mains, how do you decide who to play? What has brought you to play the various characters you play now?
I liked learning and repping underrated characters.
How much time do you devote to practicing this game, whetehr it be solo or at smashfests?
Almost none now tbqh.
Do you think that if you stuck with a solid character for more than a month, you could eventually become a top player in the nation?
Probably not.
If you had to guesstimate, how many tourney matches do you think you've won with Gordos?
What is your Smash scene like with your state?
It's kinda weak, but we're getting better.
Do you think that you bring anything unique to DDD?
I dunno, probably not.
Do you think that all the other characters you play influence how you play your DDD?
Definitely, it helped me learn how to fight certain matchups with DDD.
Vex what do you think seperates your DDD from the other DDD players?
Fastest DDD maybe?
is the n-air from the ledge idea originally yours vex? it's good i hope you don't mind if i use it
Yes.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Junk, where do you feel D3 should be on the tier list?

Which MUs do you feel you know best, and why?

Favorite color?

What else do you lke to do for fun?

Laem

Smash Champion
Junk

Are you trash?
Why does ur name look more like funk to me?
Am I disappointing you?
Would you agree with me that my questions are rubbish and posted merely to comfort you?
Am I a jerk :(?

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Junk, would you ever consider coming to Australia for a national tournament.

Do you think you'd **** us all?
Do you like the Australian accent?
Do you hate/like Kangaroos.
Ever heard of the drop bears we have here?

Will you make love to me? or maybe Laem?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
What's your favorite matchup as DDD

What do you think DDD's best move is?

Do you like playing aggro or are you super campy(never watched you play much tbh)

How long have you been in the BBR?

foods, Japanese or Chinese?

What's your current job, or if a student, what is your current school's name.

Can I have nudes plz?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
could it possibly be....your jealous because someones junk is more impressive than yours?

[legit question pls answer interviewee]

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yes, why are you gay for the penguin anyway?

kinda hard for me to see why imo

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
sure am considering it would be quite blasphemous that d3's nickname might ironically be in my name

junkie, could you pls higher educate this kid on penguin devotion? as he clearly does not represent our brothern

ZTD | TECHnology

LOL

Junk:

How do you balance playing D3 and a hard to player character like Marth?

Do you think that you feel like you bring anything unique to DDD?

Do you have any specific goals for Smash in general?

What is your take on the Olimar MU?

Top Bottom