• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The DDD Interview Thread - The Rising Star from PA: TUSM is up next!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

Hello DDD boards. Coney suggested that we make a DDD Interview thread and here it is! There aren't a lot of DDDs out there but we do have some truly gifted and unique players that are a part of our community. It's time to get to know them better! Hopefully this brings the DDD community a bit closer by being able to ask each other all sorts of questions. This is a community project so everyone can ask questions here. When we are done they will be summarized in one post and a link will be put up in this post for future reference.

Seibrik Interview Here
FYC Vex the Wise Wolf Interview Here
Junk Interview Here

Up Next:

Atomsk
Tmacc
Tech_Chase
Buuman

ZTD | TECHnology

I suppose I will get us started:

Seibrik, tell us about yourself. Like where do you go to school, what do you like to do besides Brawl?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I know you like to use D3 mainly as a fallback/secondary. Can you give us some examples of when and how you like to use his great viability as a secondary to your advantage?

Also, which us your favorite color of D3?

Laem

Smash Champion
i was gonna ask what dewdadash asked
anyway
do u have any Seibrik Dedede Traps?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
When you first started playing brawl, who did you play?
What brought you to Dedede?
What clicked and said "Dedede sucks, I'm picking up MK?"
If you could improve one aspect of Dedede metagame, what would it be?

That's all I got for now.

RATED

Smash Lord
why do you open threads, that talk about discoveries that have been discovered before? LOL jaja

are you white or black? ( IDK u IRL)

What do you think of DDD vs Snake matchup?

what's your opinion on DDD vs Falco and DDD vs ICs?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
What in your opinion are d3's best high/top tier matchups?
What are his worst?
Is there a character that d3 currently does 6:4 or worse with, that you feel will ever change?
What are dededes best counterpicks vs Falco,Mk,Ice Climbers, Pikachu, and Olimar?
Will you ever come back to GA?
Is florida really better than every other state lolinb4bias

ZTD | TECHnology

Ideally I want to have your interview done by Thursday so we can move on to the next in line (Vex). And yeah I will PM you all the questions in a bit. If you get anymore I'll let you know. Then when we have all of this done I will post the all of the entire interview here and then post a link to that specific post.

ZTD | TECHnology

The Interview with Florida's top player: Seibrik!

Q. Seibrik, tell us about yourself. Like where do you go to school, what do you like to do besides Brawl?

A. Technical_Chase, I currently go to school at Florida International University, which coincidentally was the first crew for brawl I was apart of, and was the strongest crew in Fl at the time of 2008. I'm currently studying English with a Minor in Education. As such, when I'm not playing brawl, which is every other day at most, I enjoy writing (poetry mostly) and working as part of Aftercare for an elementary school during the school year, and at a sports summer camp over the summer.
I also enjoy long walks on the beach (they're everywhere in Fl, pick a direction that isn't north) and chilling with friends regardless of if smash is there or not.

Q. What stage do you usually cp DDD with, and against what characters/players?

A.Junk, USUALLY I do not counterpick aggresively with king DDD. I try to stay MK as much as I can because he IS my main, and lets face it, it's mk. It's a rare occasion when he can get CP'd and go "FFFFF".... This means I will not try to trap most people with ddd on my counterpick. However, if I'm playing against lets say a snake main, which happens, and they pick a flat stage like FD or Picto to fight my mk on, I will switch to DDD to 3 stock them on said stage if they stay snake. I am also confident that if they switch to a bad matchup for DDD, my DDD can handle it. It's usually only really good MAINS of said bad matchups that give my ddd a hard enough time I'd rather be using MK. For example, if the snake player that picked FD went falco as a response to my DDD, i'm fairly confident I'd win. But if I were already playing someone like ESAM who was just using DK, there's no way I'll switch to DDD defensively. He'll just pick pika and yeah, GG.

Now if I had to pick some of DDD's out right personal best stages for me, it would prolly be Smashville for platform cancel shenanigans, and Frigate if I'm fighting MK. Only reason behind this is on the 2nd part of the stage, if DDD has a lead it's a pretty good wall. DDD camps the middle, makes it hard to get in, and every grab instead of using ur stale b-throw, u can actually d-throw from here and mk is forced to tech since he's bein thrown onto a ramp, and d-throw actually becomes a legit kill setup, which is something he lacks vs mk otherwise.

Q.I know you like to use D3 mainly as a fallback/secondary. Can you give us some examples of when and how you like to use his great viability as a secondary to your advantage?

Also, which us your favorite color of D3?

A. Tmacc, see my response to Junk about how I would use DDD as my 2ndary.

While my favorite color use to obviously be blue, fairly recently its been moving to the colorless ddd. If we're talkin about texture hacking tho, my favorite by far would have to be SantaDDD.

Q. What's your personal favourite match up with DDD?

Do you enjoy playing games naked?

Will you teach me to play like a pro?

A. Technodeath, from the days of Snakekiller3000, I'd have to say my favorite matchup with DDD, and quite possibly in the game is Vs. Snake.
I love and know that matchup so much I'm confident to MM any snake player with my DDD, and the opposite, to MM any DDD player with my snake. (yes that is a challange to those looking at is as one)
Both characters can just do SO much to each other, and there's really barely ANYONE out there that's really abusing both sides of the coin. There's maybe only 2 snakes out there right now that truely know how to fight ddd, besides me(Afro and Ally) and only one DDD that comes close to mine in the matchup (Co18).

No I do not enjoy playing games naked, unless its twister or bop-it.

I'm willing to teach anyone that is willing to ask the right questions. Ask yourself, are you willing to ask me the right questions? Then ask yourself again, was that the right question to be asking yourself?

Q. Do you even play DDD anymore?

A.DewDaDash, yes in fact I do. Just this saturday during winners finals I succesfully used ddd twice during the set to counter ESAM's DK for two free wins for me I'll admit it was my first time using DDD agressively, but I only did it so we could both get practice for MLG using our 2ndaries.

Q. do u have any Seibrik Dedede Traps?

A.Laem, while I'm not quite sure what you're asking me here, I am sure without a shadow of a doubt, the answer is yes.

Q. When you first started playing brawl, who did you play?
What brought you to Dedede?
What clicked and said "Dedede sucks, I'm picking up MK?"
If you could improve one aspect of Dedede metagame, what would it be?

A. TUSM, two weeks before brawl came out in America, I was using Kirby, illegally.

The honest answer is I started noticing his similarities with kirby, like his inhale, bair and grab game (GODLY). But the day I actually learned how to cancel his up-b was the day I started 2ndarying him. Then at FAST, I lost to a DDD player with my kirby whom at the time, i was convinced was worse than me. So i quit Kirby and went DDD from then on. Weather or not that player was actually better than me or not will remain disclosed.

To be honest, I didn't pick up mk because DDD sucked. Actually, it's the opposite. I picked up MK to DEAL with DDD lol I just couldn't handle dittoes. From that point I just started noticing how much easier alot of mk's matchups were, and decided to go an entire tourny using only mk for fun, and found it alot easier to win in general. That was when i switched they're roles, and starting maining mk, and 2nding DDD.

I often fought with myself about what needed to be fixed with DDD the most. And I narrowed it down to be between one of two things.
1. he needs to have a much quicker, controllable projectile, so he could actually deal with camping, and perhaps camp back. something as simple as decreasing the damage and knockback of gordos, and increasing the chances of occurance from 9% to like 30% would be sufficient. Also, not so much ending lag -.- over half the cast can punish that thing on reaction from half the level over lol

or

2. he needs a reliable recovery. AN UP B THAT CAN SWEETSPOT THE LEDGE DEAR GOD. Being below the stage with no jumps really sucks when you are forced to up b PASSED the ledge everytime, and people start to realize, "hey, i can grab him". So they do, and throw you back out, with no jumps, and a predictable as fudge up-b.

Q. are you white or black? ( IDK u IRL)

What do you think of DDD vs Snake matchup?

what's your opinion on DDD vs Falco and DDD vs ICs?

A. Rated, I am white but I like to think I'm black where it matters ;)

You can see my thouoghts on ddd vs snake in my reply to Technodeath.

Falco and IC's are like the reasons I quit DDD overall and usually just keep him on reserve for his super **** matchups. If all falco's were dumb, as most are, and side-b strait on stage everytime as they're recovery option, fine i can deal. but when they start doing this thing called "mixing up" i tend to have a hard time with DDD's very limited options to cope with laser->grab or laser->jab or ->sidestep or ->roll or run off phantasm threw u. I'd never wana play dehf ever in life with ddd. EVER.

the IC matchup is worse tho, cuz (forgive me if the IC boards see this) the entire MU for them to me is a science. Is DDD infront of me? desynch and blizzard wall. Is he jumping above me? desynch uairs and fastfall sheild. DDD literally cannot get in. Is ddd off stage? time grab ledge to waste his jumps, make him go low, get up, grab up-b---> easy inf. RAWR

Q. What in your opinion are d3's best high/top tier matchups?
What are his worst?
Is there a character that d3 currently does 6:4 or worse with, that you feel will ever change?
What are dededes best counterpicks vs Falco,Mk,Ice Climbers, Pikachu, and Olimar?
Will you ever come back to GA?

A. Albino, you ask alot of questions....

Ok.

His best high/top tier MU's to me atm are Snake/Wario/Marth(not rly a bad one but i like it).
His worst are MK, Falco, IC, and another DDD.
Diddy i believe is even.

His baaad MU's are a result of the game's mechanics and not how well the DDD players are mixing up. So it is for this reason that I believe, that unless some brand new DDD only tech is discovered, his bad MU's will remain bad, or infact become worse with the improvment of those characters metagames.

Vs Falco i personally like: FD (uthrow is fun) and RC.
Vs MK i like FD and Frigate
Vs IC's prolly brinstar cuz u cannnn maybe come from under with uair? so maybe delfino and norfair too.
Pikachu I feel i can fight anywhere but FD. Smashville is my fav vs him tho. Fun platform to camp with a decent lead.
Olimar i'd say norfair. With MLG rules, you camp the center part (should be annoying for him to side b pikmin down there without going off stage, adding to his ledgegrabs) and u just stay there, and grab everytime he tries to come down. and throw off stage. do simple air pessure to make him grab the ledge each time, and go back to the center. if u do this well enouogh early on, and u believe they exceeded the limit, just play as safely as possible not to die. if they get the lead from that point, good, let them camp, they will get DQ'd if time runs out and they have too many ledgegrabs. u stay away from ledges.

And i should be driving up through GA sometime thursday night :D

Q. when and why did you use ddd?

A. BBQTV, I used DDD for the entirety of 2008-09 and because i love the kirby games in general.

Q. Is florida really better than every other state lolinb4bias

A. Yes i believe it is. If you take any single state, I truely believe FL will beat them in a head on 5v5 crew battle with alts. :)

Q. Yo Seibrik, this is more of a frontal question, rather than waiting for you to answer it in the other group of questions.

How long have you been playing smash?

A. I've been playing smash for about 2 years prior to my join date shows.

Q. one more question:

are you aware that your name backwards is kirbies?

A. and yes, i was aware, its how i came up with it

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I've been playing smash for about 2 years prior to my join date shows.

*EDIT*

Techchase, you should post a link to the post of my interview in the OP so people can find it from there easier, and so on for future interviews

this will also keep the OP from being redic. huge since people will just be able to click the interview of the player they wana read about

ZTD | TECHnology

Seibrik, I was going to wait until the interview was finished but yeah that's my plan. It says it in the OP ;)

And 10 dollars says his name spelling Kirbies backward is not coincidental considering he said in the interview he loves Kirby games and he mains Kirby characters lol.

**** I didn't even realize that though until Coney said something.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i drive a elantra because seibring backwards is gnirbies and that sounds like a dirogatory term for a black kirby or something

and yes, i was aware, its how i came up with it

ZTD | TECHnology

Link to the interview is now up for future reference. Vex is next in line. Vex let us know when you're ready to start taking questions!

Laem

Smash Champion
Vex
After you made coney **** his pants with the greatest of ease at Xanaduuuuuuuuuuuu
do you now(or did you already) consider dedede to be your best character?

Also, what or who is Kasrani and are there any other Kasrani's besides you and Espy?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Vex, what made you go from a character like bowser to DDD?

In florida we have a player named serg who went from bowser to DK.

How do you go from bowser to DDD, who is a character based on a much different dynamic? (other than his overall size)

∫unk

Smash Master
what's your approach to the icy's matchup? what are you specifically looking for in the neutral situation (where most of the matchup is played)? when they're seperated, what are you looking for?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Vex, you play so many characters so well. Are there often times where you find it hard to choose which character to use in a certain situation, and how often do you find youself wishing you HAD used a different character after you lost?

Which is your favorite color of D3?

Of all of your characters, who do you feel the most comfortable with?

Why are you a "wise wolf?"

How did you come up with the name Vex Kastrani?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
When you decide to switch mains, how do you decide who to play? What has brought you to play the various characters you play now?
How much time do you devote to practicing this game, whetehr it be solo or at smashfests?
Do you think that if you stuck with a solid character for more than a month, you could eventually become a top player in the nation?
If you had to guesstimate, how many tourney matches do you think you've won with Gordos?

Uhhhhh, that's all I got.

ZTD | TECHnology

What is your Smash scene like with your state.?

Do you think that you bring anything unique to DDD?

Do you think that all the other characters you play influence how you play your DDD?

Top Bottom