• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I thought it was too close, it's battlefield's camera. Maybe I uploaded the wrong one. Yes I saw your pm, I'm not making any promises but it might get done.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
let me try downloading again, but what you can do is export the model to battlefield and edit it to be set up exactly like it was in its own pac, then get a .rel to load a BF hack over NPC, name it for NPC, and load it up with the rel. it will have BF's actual camera instead of the boundary adjustment. its what we did for RF+ (original camera was dumb).

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
let me try downloading again, but what you can do is export the model to battlefield and edit it to be set up exactly like it was in its own pac, then get a .rel to load a BF hack over NPC, name it for NPC, and load it up with the rel. it will have BF's actual camera instead of the boundary adjustment. its what we did for RF+ (original camera was dumb).
actually we did it with FD, because when you tryed it the stage freze, i actually don't know why...
oh and, is still there any banned stage that isn't doing a plus version of it?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Anyone care to upload a picture of NPC+ with a better camera, and possibly whatever background change was made? Why would there be a background change anyway?

Terribad makes the stage unplayable to me at the moment.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
frozenHobo I got a quick question

the level freezer is only to freeze a stage and reverse it, or can it slow a stage too?

if it can be slown, can you check how many seconds does it take for summit to fall down/slide to the water and we can slow it down so that it will slide down at 8 minutes

so we can have the clouds to appear atleast twice or something mid match

idk, just throwing some ideas, but the stage in V2.0 is fine as is

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
i'm not sure what slowing it will do. you've seen what happens when it runs without the code. i'll try, though.
O.o so reversing the stage or letting it without the code just make it be at the falling animation?

well I guess the idea get excluded :(

but if it did work somehow, it would make the stage more unique since the clouds were not bad for the stage, what was bad was the falling part and the fish + water

and gotta love rf+ and jungle japes+ ^^ GHZ+ is also super awsome ^^

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Jungle Japes still needs work on the water (by adding a current), IMO. And why did the Pokémon Training locations get moved forwards a bit? Now he's flowing on air.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Jungle Japes still needs work on the water (by adding a current), IMO. And why did the Pokémon Training locations get moved forwards a bit? Now he's flowing on air.
i think its fine without the current (klap trap still ***** pretty **** hard). as for PT, the original pac had him moved down and forward. i only moved him back up. i'll have a fixed version up soon.

Veril

Frame Savant
Did you mess with the ceiling boundary on JJ+ at all? Cause if not I'll figure out new boundaries for it. Also is it possible to alter the trajectory the klap-trap hits at to say... the no Launch angle?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, lots of updates.

first, i have updated the RF+ and JJ+ downloads to have fixed PT stand positions (thanks to VietG for the RF+ positions).

additionally, i've moved some stages to "Release" as they are now in an official release of B+. Should the need arise for fixes to these stage, i will notify this topic with the updates (always to be located in my OP).

finally, i have released a new video of my work on BB+ (4th vid). what i've adjusted in this latest version is fixed ledges/ground on the flyer so as to avoid the disappearing ledges issue as well as the ground turning to walls if the stage tilted too far. as of now, i will be taking down the code/pac for BB+ so that everyone will be on the same foot when it eventually gets a release in B+/-.

Suic

Smash Cadet
So I have two stage comments:
GHZ+: I like the idea of trying to fix this stage, but this current layout seems just a little...bland perhaps? I know the TV is causing issues of its own; but with or without that, this stage just doesn't seem to carve out a place of its own as far as stage design is concerned
JJ+:This is more of just a question rather than comment...Why was JJ on the banned list in the first place? Was the klap just too dangerous with the hitstun addition in B+. Don't get me wrong, I like the changes and all; I was just wondering. Also, were the grabable inner ledges on the outside platforms causing viability issues? If I remember correctly, the melee stage has been valid for quite some time and has grabable inner edges. Again this is another curiosity rather than a gripe...I really like where this stage editing is going. Hopefully B+ will not follow in the footsteps of competitive Melee and ban more and more stages...I feel like one of the greatest strengths of the smash series is that not only does one have to know his/her and his/her opponent's characters (as in all other fighters) but one also has to know the ins and outs of each individual stage layout...the current changes do a very good job of keeping to this general idea so I appreciate how much effort you guys have put into this.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
So I have two stage comments:
GHZ+: I like the idea of trying to fix this stage, but this current layout seems just a little...bland perhaps? I know the TV is causing issues of its own; but with or without that, this stage just doesn't seem to carve out a place of its own as far as stage design is concerned
yeah, thats why we're looking at other possibilities for it. i actually think i know how to add a spring to the stage, so we'll see how that changes it up.

JJ+:This is more of just a question rather than comment...Why was JJ on the banned list in the first place?
camping problems, both circling with the side plats and in the water.

Was the klap just too dangerous with the hitstun addition in B+.
um... he's still there. have you even played on the stage?

Also, were the grabable inner ledges on the outside platforms causing viability issues?
falco had a lot of camping/circling shenanigans with the inside plats. plus, now that they're gone, it makes recovery to the stage a much higher priority than just the ledge. additionally, ledge hogging on the inside actually has some effect now.

If I remember correctly, the melee stage has been valid for quite some time and has grabable inner edges.
um, no it hasn't. JJ is banned in melee.

Again this is another curiosity rather than a gripe...I really like where this stage editing is going. Hopefully B+ will not follow in the footsteps of competitive Melee and ban more and more stages...I feel like one of the greatest strengths of the smash series is that not only does one have to know his/her and his/her opponent's characters (as in all other fighters) but one also has to know the ins and outs of each individual stage layout...the current changes do a very good job of keeping to this general idea so I appreciate how much effort you guys have put into this.
i'm glad to hear it. :)

Suic

Smash Cadet
yeah, thats why we're looking at other possibilities for it. i actually think i know how to add a spring to the stage, so we'll see how that changes it up.
Cool cool well I'll be looking forward to it and would be happy to be part of testing new stages in the future...It's just sad I didn't get into B+ sooner :/

um... he's still there. have you even played on the stage?.
I know he is still there; this was just given as a possible reason I thought the stage had been banned in the first place. Or rather let me put it this way: I thought that the klap might have been the last straw in the banning, but with the new edits it wouldn't be enough to single-handedly move the stage into the banned list

falco had a lot of camping/circling shenanigans with the inside plats. plus, now that they're gone, it makes recovery to the stage a much higher priority than just the ledge. additionally, ledge hogging on the inside actually has some effect now.
Ahh ok very interesting; I'll definitely have to play a falco friend or two that I didn't previously enjoy playing on that stage.

um, no it hasn't. JJ is banned in melee.
Has it always been so? For some reason I thought I remembered seeing some competitive matches on it...perhaps they were just friendlies. Shows how out of touch I have been with melee for quite a while.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Pictochat and Luigi's Mansion are actually not slowed down anymore in the official Brawl+ codes, so you don't have to include the "Brawl+'s slowdown on the stage can be removed" part for those two.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I can't play on it right now, so I'll just ask. For RF+, even though the water is removed, does it still carry you off the side like in melee(iirc) or not?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Hey FroHo, can you include the line of codes you use for your current stage set up in your post? I just want to add it into my B- code set without having to figure which codes I need specifically for each stage.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Just remembered Green Greens exist XD
So yeah about GG, can't we remake it to GG64 with Triangle Platform Layout? It also seems different from Battlefield by means of the stage properties (Tree with windbawks)

iLink

Smash Champion
Just remembered Green Greens exist XD
So yeah about GG, can't we remake it to GG64 with Triangle Platform Layout? It also seems different from Battlefield by means of the stage properties (Tree with windbawks)
Those were actually 2 different stages. One was called Dreamland (3 platforms) and the other was Green Greens.

Top Bottom