• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Is there lava on the bottom of Norfair+ ?
Also, do the ledges work on the two outermost platforms?

If the ledges work, get rid of the lava floor due to 2 recovery options for sweet spotting. It'll make an amazing neutral I'd bet.

Metroid series neutral needs to happen.

I'd test the stages but.... pkmn ♥ gold is too fun :094:
in that download, no it does not rise. there is no lava in that pac. also, we are most likely using PC's plat layout int he final version.

We don't need more neutrals... The only reason I suggested GHZ back then to be a replacement for frozen PS2 is to add a counterpick via a fixed, unfrozen PS2; the Sonic stage as a neutral is just a bonus for me. You shouldn't have a bias for a particular series for these sort of things.
And a hazard-less Norfair in that layout wouldn't be a neutral, anyway...
we already discussed this, but GHZ+ wouldn't be replacing PS2 as a neutral. removing the box does make it the same, but veril, among others want to leave ps2 frozen. similarly, a lot of people like the box in that it can be used for interesting tricks.

But it's absolutely vital that the stage is made so that only one type of hazard can exist at a time, or else there will be instances where the fight area is as small as a platform on Battlefield (with lava within touching distance on two sides). Not to mention the small possibility that a fire-stream will come from the background, hitting the remaining small area. It'll just be an absolute nightmare if multiple hazards come; it was so in the original Norfair, and will be even more so in Norfair+.
that... my be hard to do... i agree that it would probably be the best solution, but given how difficult it is we may have to settle for multiple lava hazards appearing at a time.:urg:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I wasn't really trying to get GHZ+ to replace frozen PS2 using that post.
But regardless, that response makes me sad. :( A fixed, unfrozen PS2 is probably the thing I personally want the most in Brawl+ when it comes to stages. If only there was a perfect way to have both a frozen and an unfrozen PS2...

Anyway, back on subject: regardless of whether the Norfair+ hazards can be singled out or not, Norfair+ should probably be only legal in 1v1, as when lava comes from the bottom or the side, the stage will be too small for 4 players to fight.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Summit+ v2.0

Classification: Counterpick
Download

Changes:
~Smaller stage size
~Plats no longer slippery
~Closer top boundary/camera​

right now PT looks a bit off if you zoom in and look at his feet, but its not a huge deal.

any glitches let me know.

also, this is my current level freezer code (so you know its good). use this for all testing purposes:

Code:
Level Freezer
42000000 90000000
0416A904 00000000
2A180F3A 00000017
0416A904 3F000000
2A180F3A 00000005
0416A904 3F2AAAAB
2A180F3A 00000024
0416A904 BF800000
2A180F3A 00000014
2A180F3A 0000001C
2A180F3A 00000020
2A180F3A 00000007
2A180F3A 0000001F
0416A904 3FD99999
2A180F3A 00000031
0416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
^Looks good, Hobo. Glad that it got shrunken a bit, it was quite big. And the sliding only on the ice itself makes more sense, haha.

It might be in a few days, whenever I get to my Wii, but I'll tell you if I experience any problems then. ;}

Still no way to make the stupid thing in the middle disappear, huh? It still looks like it's in the way, but I know that it's pass through-able.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Summit+ v2.0

Changes:
~Smaller stage size
~Plats no longer slippery
~Closer top boundary/camera​

I'm glad you got the platforms to be non-slippery working properly.
Looking at the image, though, the bottom platform is freakishly low... But I guess being super low makes it harder to up-tilt spam characters from below the platform easily, so it's a two-edged sword (unless you're a character that can duck low enough).

Now that we have ice, we just need Guzzi to figure out Norfair to get fire...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
if the bottom plat proves to be too low, i can see about moving it up, but i'm apprehensive about moving it too far up as it would become just be another BF with sliding.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Two of the spawn locations seems to be a little close, to me. I'm talking about the two on the right. Maybe move the spawn location that's on the lower platform a little to the left, so that it's at the left edge of the platform (centered between the two on the bottom). And to ensure that it's far enough, perhaps move the two on the bottom farther outwards, as well.
As of right now, a character like Marth can pretty much get a free up-tilt on a bulkier character (or at least be in a very advantageous situation right from the start).
It's only a problem in teams, since the bottom spawns aren't used with 2 players, but such close spawn points should still be fixed.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Code:
Level Freezer
42000000 90000000
0416A904 00000000
2A180F3A 00000017
0416A904 3F000000
2A180F3A 00000005
0416A904 3F2AAAAB
2A180F3A 00000024
0416A904 BF800000
2A180F3A 00000014
2A180F3A 0000001C
2A180F3A 00000020
2A180F3A 00000007
2A180F3A 0000001F
0416A904 3FD99999
2A180F3A 00000031
0416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000
that code is different than the one you gave me on january? see it for testings, is it reversed or freezed?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
summit is frozen. thsi code includes every stage freeze/slow down/reverse i have on my wii right now.
HOBO i think i have a solution for the lava in Norfair+ is a strange solution but maybe it will work.
i was thinking, when the lava come, the capsule apear, adn inside the capsule you will safe right? well we remove teh capsule, but what about do a huge capsule i mean, put teh all stage inside a gigant capsule, so teh lava wont hurt i think... i'll try it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Even if it will work, the fact that a huge lava comes but doesn't hurt you would feel strange. It'll definitely surprise new players that don't know about it when they are wondering where the capsule is when the wave comes... :laugh:

Maybe we can remove the wave+capsule and make only one hazard appear at a time through codes? Would that be easier or harder to do with codes?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I agree on only one hazard to appear in norfair, brinstar only has the rising lava (norfair can keep it too to keep the metroid feel)

but the lava wall for me should be nerfed on the KBG it has, so it won't kill as much and it should be a semi spike, with this, I think the stage should be ok

NOTE*

the lava should not rise to the second floor plats, only to the main plattaform, the, and the lava wall maybe only touch the edges of the main plat not halve the main plat, so there can be room to move on the first plat aswell

idk if I wrote clearly but it should be easy understand, idk if it's a hard mod/code to do but would be worth it ^^

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Of course, ideally, that would be perfect, but it's hard enough simply to take away the wave. It's even harder to make only one hazard come at a time. But asking for modified hazards, as well, is just going over the top in terms of difficulty.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
finally got to test some stuff out at herb3. RF+, Summit+, and PictoPlus are all 100% sexy.

YI:M got mixed reviews. some people liked it because it was unique, but others disliked it for the small size/weird blocks.

NPC is generally not liked for 2 reasons: 1) terribad camera, and 2) distracting colors/background. i think i can work on these issues and maybe get something up later this week (assuming school doesn't **** with me).

PTAD+ was pretty well received. not much hype around it, though.

GHZ+ did not get a good reception. its too easy to camp the block (not even a wall infinite complaint, just camping problems @_@). Its obvious to me that the block needs to go, but i'm lost as to what needs to replace it. possibly (and just brainstorming here), if we could get a spring to work there then that would be the ****.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
First, you said the block stays due to people liking it; now you say it must go due to people hating it. I guess we're back to the PS2 with higher platforms + some addition that is yet to be decided. :dizzy:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well, peole liked the block because it was a col addition to a stage hack. once you start using it in a serious match, gay stuff happens. ICs can camp the block soooo well. we want to make the game less campy, not more :/

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
finally got to test some stuff out at herb3. RF+, Summit+, and PictoPlus are all 100% sexy.

YI:M got mixed reviews. some people liked it because it was unique, but others disliked it for the small size/weird blocks.

NPC is generally not liked for 2 reasons: 1) terribad camera, and 2) distracting colors/background. i think i can work on these issues and maybe get something up later this week (assuming school doesn't **** with me).

PTAD+ was pretty well received. not much hype around it, though.

GHZ+ did not get a good reception. its too easy to camp the block (not even a wall infinite complaint, just camping problems @_@). Its obvious to me that the block needs to go, but i'm lost as to what needs to replace it. possibly (and just brainstorming here), if we could get a spring to work there then that would be the ****.
O_O add a spring that is just brillant!!!!! GHZ+ will be totally diferent okey i will work on it.... when i finish my homework :(

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
My idea for GHZ+: (Excuse the bad paint skills)

I was thinking that we could have the tv removed, and to possibly add the chained platform Guzzi showed before in the middle. I was hoping that it might swing back and forth, or something.

Decent idea or no?

Also, the stage boundaries are pretty big, and I think they should get toned down a bit.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
give the box an animation

like, make it get up and fly every 30 seconds or something

they just be like "imma camp mah box"
and then the box be like "*****, **** you doin here?"
and it gets up and flies away
maybe stops on a platform, comes back, stops on the other platform
but, like, some looping path, no straight lines

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah... i don't want to do that... if guzzi wants to try then he can have fun messing with it :p

anyway, i think i know what was causing (and more importantly how to fix) some problems with Big Blue+. i'll work on it later and see what i can do.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
If one version of green hill could be made that almost replicates the layout of Pokemon Stadium 2 then I would be most grateful.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this is a problem with my GCT set up or what, but whenever I try to use RF+, my game starts to load it and then freezes. Is the .rel supposed to go in the same place as the pac? Also, is there a specific code that needs to be added/taken out to make RF not be Wi-Fi Waiting room (I'm not seeing the code on any of the GCTs i've looked at). This is for Brawl- atm, but Brawl+ later too, just haven't tried it yet.

Thanks in advance!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the rel goes in the module folder in the same sub folder as pf.

as for the WWR code, it should be near the end of the B- txt as "Rumble Falls -> WWR"

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
you can ask guzzi for it (i'm pretty sure thats the version he uses anyway).
yes, but only because my frinds don't like the box adn i love to play in GHZ so without the box we play a lot there.

oh and, i ported teh spring to the sonic files to the stage, but don't work and i tryed a lot of things, i was thinking in teh .elf file (i think in .elf file are the hurtbox for stages) but don't work

Ahh stupid spring, with it GHZ will be totally diferent if you have any idea to add its caracteristic to spring tellme

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
did you update to 7.0.2? if so you shouldnt get freezes :confused:
Well, atm I'm trying this for Brawl-

I'm going to try fixing it now :)

EDIT: Fixed! Gotta go try out all the new stages now! :D Great work on the ones I've seen so far, btw. Love what you're doing <3

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
These already got did. The new problem is to do with stage collisions on the boat. I think it's a BrawlBox problem because it's happened to me a few times while changing stage collisions. It's really annoying.

In theory, I like Yoshi's Island: Melee. Partly because I did it and partly because of the potential block shenanigans. But the pipe is just so steep so I don't play it.

Top Bottom