• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
This Rumble Falls + stage is looking awesome, I have always hated that K.Rool's theme and Bramble Blast are on such a horrible stage, Now that will thankfully be fixed. :]

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dvj5ky...enomEdited.PAC

Venom had poor collisions, so I had a look inside the file and what did I find? Tons of misaligned vertexes! So, I spent a while realigning them and getting things in their proper order. I also reset a few ceilings that should be walls, etc. I haven't tested it yet, but it should work a lot better.

At bare minimum it'll work the same on both sides, unlike the lopsidedness before.

The OP recommends Venom over regular Corneria, so it might as well not be glitchy as hell. I got hit clean through the center of the stage as Donkey Kong and had trouble roll dodging basically anywhere in the dip on the top left side

Hozu

Smash Journeyman

Venom had poor collisions, so I had a look inside the file and what did I find? Tons of misaligned vertexes! So, I spent a while realigning them and getting things in their proper order. I also reset a few ceilings that should be walls, etc. I haven't tested it yet, but it should work a lot better.

At bare minimum it'll work the same on both sides, unlike the lopsidedness before.

The OP recommends Venom over regular Corneria, so it might as well not be glitchy as hell. I got hit clean through the center of the stage as Donkey Kong and had trouble roll dodging basically anywhere in the dip on the top left side
Your link got cutoff, but I found the proper one in another thread. Here it is.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

thats old. we currently have no plans for corneria. the venom idea was simply an alternative that was quickly dropped.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

so, after getting off of my *** and getting to work, i managed to fix the collisions/spawns/boundaries.
right now the only real "glitches" with the stage (that i've seen) are the background performing weird skips and freezes, and pokemon trainer standing on air (i'm still deciding where i want them to stand).

anyway, here's the download (you need the .rel file to fix the camera problems): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mdzrjnjomm2

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
What .rel file? o.o

EDIT:
Forget it, I think you meant the file that comes in the package, gonna try this.

EDIT2:
Looking great, Now I'm gonna search for another stage to replace with WWR :]

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, there's a minor one that I noticed with the other one as well as this one...
Due to the way you fixed the collisions to make them connected, if you ledge hop a certain way, your character can automatically go into the standing position on the stage. It's nothing big, and could actually greatly assist anyone that can use this minor glitch to their advantage. I think of it as a stage-specific advance technique and one can practice to use to gain an advantage over someone that doesn't know how to use it.
From the way the collision is set it with that previous fix, I don't think this is avoidable, though. I, myself, don't mind (since I can see it helping with making the stage slightly deeper), but if you fix the glitch (somehow), I wouldn't care, either.

Edit: And there's something that's been bothering me. It's nothing of importance, but when your character moves over two certain locations near the middle, you'll see a grey outline of something above the main platform directly below your character. Just a weird cosmetic error that I noticed...

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's a minor one that I noticed with the other one as well as this one...
Due to the way you fixed the collisions to make them connected, if you ledge hop a certain way, your character can automatically go into the standing position on the stage. It's nothing big, and could actually greatly assist anyone that can use this minor glitch to their advantage. I think of it as a stage-specific advance technique and one can practice to use to gain an advantage over someone that doesn't know how to use it.
From the way the collision is set it with that previous fix, I don't think this is avoidable, though. I, myself, don't mind (since I can see it helping with making the stage slightly deeper), but if you fix the glitch (somehow), I wouldn't care, either.

Edit: And there's something that's been bothering me. It's nothing of importance, but when your character moves over two certain locations near the middle, you'll see a grey outline of something above the main platform directly below your character. Just a weird cosmetic error that I noticed...
that are shadows of the inmovibles parts/ledges of the bridge, they haven't got bone, so i deleted by polyogon hex but i don't know how to delete his shadow too

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So that minor problem with the collisions due to the way it was fixed can actually cause a player to go inside and through the solid block if they go towards it a certain way from the inside. It won't matter most of the time, but might come up when a person is trying to recover with the multi-jumpers from underneath.
This is a picture of Jigglypuff being inside the block, and is currently being "sucked" towards the ledge due to being in ledge grab range: CLICK HERE

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Green Hill Zone+ with fixed ledges allows you to move through the left side of the stage if you hold down while jumping. I can make it to the center of the loop with D3.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
hey FrozenHobo i finished the Norfair+

here is the donwload: http://www.mediafire.com/?yhmmnzroquh
i had to use a .rel file to do it, try it and tellme what you think about it :chuckle:
you... removed all of the lava... thats not what we wanted.

Green Hill Zone+ with fixed ledges allows you to move through the left side of the stage if you hold down while jumping. I can make it to the center of the loop with D3.
i'll take a look, but i can't think of what would case that (the entire main stage is all one connected collisions. there aren't any holes).

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
you... removed all of the lava... thats not what we wanted.

i'll take a look, but i can't think of what would case that (the entire main stage is all one connected collisions. there aren't any holes).

so... what we wanted :confused:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I know why that is. Found out why myself about a month ago when I was fixing up Castle Seige's ledges. When you make a collision a wall, it CAN'T be perfectly horizontal or else you can go through it.
HERE
is the fix for it.

Edit: I should have refreshed the page before posting this, especially after leaving the computer for a bit. Well, if FroHo's .pac doesn't work, then this one will, as I've tested it, already.

Edit2: But the problem isn't actually just for the left side, FYI. It's really easy to fall through on either side with certain moves, such as Ganondorf's up-b.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I know why that is. Found out why myself about a month ago when I was fixing up Castle Seige's ledges. When you make a collision a wall, it CAN'T be perfect flat or else you can go through it.
HERE
is the fix for it.
oooooh. yeah, ok, that explains it...

i also noticed i didn't make those walls non-walljumpable (lol wall jumps on a ceiling).

edit:
that explains the problems with the box, too. i'll have a fully fixed pac up in a sec.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
oooooh. yeah, ok, that explains it...

i also noticed i didn't make those walls non-walljumpable (lol wall jumps on a ceiling).

edit:
that explains the problems with the box, too. i'll have a fully fixed pac up in a sec.
In case you didn't didn't download the .pac that I linked (which isn't really necessary to), all I did was move the inside intersection points of the ledges down 0.5 units. It could be less, but I did .5 to be safe (since in gameplay, you can't really notice the difference for these types of things). Not like it matters at this point, though... (Edit: After looking at your .pac file, I guess you did download it, so nevermind this part.)

I didn't realize there was a problem with the box, though.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
In case you didn't didn't download the .pac that I linked (which isn't really necessary to), all I did was move the inside intersection points of the ledges down 0.5 units. It could be less, but I did .5 to be safe (since in gameplay, you can't really notice the difference for these types of things). Not like it matters at this point, though...

I didn't realize there was a problem with the box, though.
well, there was, but your pac still has the collisions on where the box was (taken out a while ago). why do you even still have that version?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
well, there was, but your pac still has the collisions on where the box was (taken out a while ago). why do you even still have that version?
Oh, I wasn't aware that there was a released .pac for one without the box.
But due to the .pac that you just put up then quickly deleted, I spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out what exactly was the boomerage-box problem (which I couldn't find) on the old pac, and why you made the collisions for the top of the box like you did (which I also don't know)... :laugh:

But as of right now, what's the point of a box-less GHZ if it can't be the replacement for PS2? Higher platforms are just awkward enough with the box, but without, it's even worse, IMO.
Anyway, has the issue of the hittable/breaking parts been dealt with, yet?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
not box-less, the hurtbox around the box was what was removed. you've been using a really old version.

and the boomerang glitch was link/toon link could throw their boomerang through the box at the right angle.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So the .pac that you uploaded then took off: is that with the hurtboxes still, then?
If so, then I guess we'll still be waiting on the fix?

Also, what are your plans for the Norfair platform layout? Is it still going to be the same layout with the six ledges?
I have an idea...
How about a four-ledge, four-platform layout, where the platform on top is stretched to be longer. As in, the bottom three platforms stay completely unchanged; one of the top platforms removed completely, and the remaining top one moved to the center, made longer, and has no grabbable ledge. Something like this...

Code:
  -----
---   ---
  -----
Edit: Or maybe the top can be even longer than the bottom, for when the bottom three platforms are completely submerged in lava. Something like this...
Code:
 -------
---   ---
  -----
Also, the stage needs to be made so that only one type of hazard can be present at any given time. Having multiple hazards at the same time makes it too chaotic, IMO.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
So the .pac that you uploaded then took off: is that with the hurtboxes still, then?
If so, then I guess we'll still be waiting on the fix?

i was under the assumption that everyone had downloaded the version with the hurtbox removed, so we need to wait even longer because i swapped all of my GHZ pacs' collisions with yours. T_T

Also, what are your plans for the Norfair platform layout? Is it still going to be the same layout with the six ledges?
I have an idea...
How about a four ledge, four platform layout, where the platform on top is stretched to be longer. As in, the bottom three platforms stay completely unchanged; one of the top platforms removed completely, and the remaining top one moved to the center, made longer, and has no grabbable ledge. Something like this...
[/COLOR]
Code:
  -----
---   ---
  -----
that actually was what i was thinking about doing.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i was under the assumption that everyone had downloaded the version with the hurtbox removed, so we need to wait even longer because i swapped all of my GHZ pacs' collisions with yours. T_T
Sorry about that... T_T
But why didn't you keep a backup? :(

that actually was what i was thinking about doing.
That's good to hear. I edited my previous post, if you didn't notice, yet. But yeah, when everything but the top is under lava, there needs to be a long enough platform to actually move about in, so the top one will probably need to be longer than the bottom.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Sorry about that... T_T
But why didn't you keep a backup? :(
well, i technically do have my original in the trash, but i also deleted another version that was named the same. now i can't really figure out which one is which...
That's good to hear. I edited my previous post, if you didn't notice, yet. But yeah, when everything but the top is under lava, there needs to be a long enough platform to actually move about in, so the top one will probably need to be longer than the bottom.
that sounds good...

i like how you split up your comments so i could quote them perfectly.;)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Actually, this is perfect! The two top platforms are of a perfect width that you don't need to delete nor stretch any platforms, which will probably make everything much easier to do. :)
All you have to do is move the two top platforms inwards so that their ends meet, and make a collision data to match.
Here's a mockup that I made:

I'm liking it, already! :bee:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
looks good. since guzzi already has started working on it, once he gets me a version that removes just the wave i'll get right on that.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i had a version before that graphically removed the wave, but the container still would appear (and stay a long time after), and the hitbox from the wave would still hit.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
i had a version before that graphically removed the wave, but the container still would appear (and stay a long time after), and the hitbox from the wave would still hit.
the container is easy to remove, it is in 3 models you need to reemplace for the pokemon trainer all models and delete all of its animations, but remove the hit of wave is the hard part

D

Deleted member

Is there lava on the bottom of Norfair+ ?
Also, do the ledges work on the two outermost platforms?

If the ledges work, get rid of the lava floor due to 2 recovery options for sweet spotting. It'll make an amazing neutral I'd bet.

Metroid series neutral needs to happen.

I'd test the stages but.... pkmn ♥ gold is too fun :094:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
We don't need more neutrals... The only reason I suggested GHZ back then to be a replacement for frozen PS2 is to add a counterpick via a fixed, unfrozen PS2; the Sonic stage as a neutral is just a bonus for me. You shouldn't have a bias for a particular series for these sort of things.
And a hazard-less Norfair in that layout wouldn't be a neutral, anyway...

As for your earlier questions...
I'm not too sure what the first one is asking, but let's hope this answers it: lava will still rise up from underneath.
As for the top level platform(s) (the ones being joined): they shouldn't have grabbable ledges on the finished version, seeing as there's actually a platform below it. And when all but top platform is submerged in lava, the lack of a ledge wouldn't be that much of a problem, since that state is only present for a few seconds at a time, anyway.

But it's absolutely vital that the stage is made so that only one type of hazard can exist at a time, or else there will be instances where the fight area is as small as a platform on Battlefield (with lava within touching distance on two sides). Not to mention the small possibility that a fire-stream will come from the background, hitting the remaining small area. It'll just be an absolute nightmare if multiple hazards come; it was so in the original Norfair, and will be even more so in Norfair+.

Top Bottom