• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
. Are the moving platforms your gripe? Because that's an easy fix.
Actually only the moving platform in the begining. I figured out how to get the right side to be grabbed on to just that platform that goes up, down, and in the middle messes it up. Is there a way to make that platform either A. go away. B. make the stage think its part of the floor or C. keep it just at the top. just wondering. someone said this is easy to do and I cant figure it out. Thanks.

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
And you'll you'll have to remove collisions for the platform.

Alternatively, I wonder if it would be possible to just delete the platform's animation so that it never moves. I'm not sure how this would affect the stage once it flips, however.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i've noticed a... miss calculation with unfreezing the summit. now, the left platform keeps falling, and removing/changing the animations don't seem to do anything to stop it. same with the water and low gravity.

i'm feeling that its a lot of extra work for just losing a line of code. instead, i'll focus on shrinking the current summit+ pac so the top platform gets more play.

D

Deleted member

Val's right, this thread died.

How bout reviving it with discussion of Pirate Ship, Green Greens, Spear Pillar, Jungle Japes, and Norfair. They are salvagable and different or good enough to feasibly make it onto a legal stage list which have largely been ignored or untouched.

Norfair

Idea for layout:

A Battlefield 3 platform style with a base you cannot go thru on the bottom. The outside edges for the 2 platforms in the middle would be grabbable ledges and fall through/jump through. Those two platforms would extend over the edge about 1/3 to 1/2 of their length.

Provides different ways to recover by sweetspotting 2 possible ledges and a familar Melee BF feel.

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
Jungle Japes has been discussed. I think some suggested edits were: remove grabbable inside edges on outer platforms, lower ceiling (maybe), and lower water (maybe). And I wouldn't mind seeing Clap Trap having his ****ed spike-you-to-hell hitbox removed. I love that little guy, but I hate his bite.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Green Hill Zone has been hacked. Credit to SupperGuzzi for the idea and initial work. my contribution to it consists of A) fixing collisions, B) adding ledges, C) fixing spawns, D) fixing PT standing location (really annoying), and E) fixing the hurtboxes for the center "block". Everything else was Guzzi's, including actually starting the project, moving the camera/collision, and adding the platforms in. Great work, Guzzi. This will definitly be making a DLC pack in the future.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yzljdg5yuny

if somebody could post pics, i'd be appreciative.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So there's a few problems; a couple of minor ones and one major one.

First off, the collision data is slightly off.
Pic #1
Pic #2
Pic #3
Pic #4
After I get done with homework, if it isn't too late, I'll help out with tweaking the collision to make it match better.

Second, the background characters makings loops in thin-air in the background looks silly.

And the big one: due to the the hurtboxes for the middle "boxes" still being hittable, when they are destroyed (either by getting hit enough over over time), after they "reform", if you're standing on that location, you'll be send upwards the same way as if you were in the gap when the gap reforms in the original GHZ.

On another note, with this, we can actually just turn this into the same layout as PS2 by lowering the platform and getting rid of the 1-up TV, and then turn PS2 into the changing variant. But that's just me wanting a changing PS2, as well as a neutral with Sonic music. :laugh:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
edit: i've fixed the collisions unless you feel that 2 pixels is still too much, in which case i have to say you're being a stickler and are just looking for credit.

the collisions for the center are not going away, even when i delete every collision in the pac. so, learn to deal with it.

as for the characters in the background, feel free to hex them out, because thats the only way you're getting rid of them.

now, with respect to your opinions on this replacing PS2, no. stop looking for a replacement. this won't replace PS2 as a neutral.

finally, i've edited the collisions so some people won't be so upset, though i know you'll still come back and complain that those 2 pixels are distracting and need to be fixed. to that i say you can go **** yourself. the entire model is at a slant, get used to the collisions, they play fine in-game. anybody with a complaint can keep it to themselves.

here's your pac, you ungrateful *******s: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jdn0yzqn2nk

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It just thought is was kind of sloppy that the right platform was made a good amount higher than the left, despite that being an easy fix. The other things are more understandable.
Well, here's the fix for the collision: http://www.mediafire.com/?hkwrmm1m1dd

And I did a little measuring, and the size of the platforms and main stage is pretty much the same as PS2. GHZ's main stage is just one small character's body length longer.
The ever-so-slight tilt of the main stage isn't going to affect the battle. But I guess it's the ledges that makes it worse. :( Stupid ledges... If only...

But as of right now, this stage offers a permanent wall, which is a problem.

EDIT: Bleh...took too long to write up the post and got a ninja-edit...

EDIT2: I'm grateful for your hard work, don't get me wrong; I'm just picky. And with that pickiness, after testing yours (even though you didn't have to fix it, since I said I would, myself), I would say that my fix is better. *goes to **** myself* :p

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
here's your pac, you ungrateful *******s: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jdn0yzqn2nk
HE'S ungrateful? He's willing to help you fix random tedious crap that actually does matter to people, and especially reflects poorly on the "professional level" of a stage. And you've got your panties in a knot? He was helpful, and not disrespectful in the least.

Man up, and stop sullying that purple name you were awarded. I'm honestly sick of you snapping at people for no reason. All it does it reflect poorly on the community.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
HE'S ungrateful? He's willing to help you fix random tedious crap that actually does matter to people, and especially reflects poorly on the "professional level" of a stage. And you've got your panties in a knot? He was helpful, and not disrespectful in the least.

Man up, and stop sullying that purple name you were awarded. I'm honestly sick of you snapping at people for no reason. All it does it reflect poorly on the community.
how his post was presented:

these are all the things wrong with this. but don't worry, i'll take care of it because you clearly have no idea how. forget all the work you put into it, your results were terrible. you clearly need my help to get this right. now, why don't you just go sit in the corner and wait for me to get this homework out of the way and i'll come save you.

can you see why was a little ****ing pissed? can you?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It's amazing how you can find something to complain about when you interpret everything said to you in the most hostile manner possible. Which is ironic, because it's you who is the one that is almost always unnecessarily hostile.

Oh, and I can actually back up my interpretations with what was actually being said:
So there's a few problems; a couple of minor ones and one major one.
Here, he simply mentions that there are a few flaws. Guess what? THERE WERE.
I'm grateful for your hard work, don't get me wrong; I'm just picky.
Oh, and here, he says that he's "grateful for your hard work."

Clearly, offering assistance to you is demeaning! You're too fantastic to receive any aid!

Apparently, you don't realize that the average person is far more friendly than you.

Way to stick to your bullsh**, though.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you know what, if you find it strange to take offense at someone insulting your work, then fine. i, however, tend to take it personally when i put so much time and effort into something only to have people say "thats a piece of ****. i can do better!"

yes, there were/are problems with it. i've attempted to fix the major gameplay/scenery ones with no success. i find it a bit presumptuous and more than a little insulting to assume that i can miss people running on air or getting knocked into the air randomly. its a question of personal intelligence, which is only emphasized by the fact that he offers to do the work for me. can you honestly say that you wouldn't take offense to someone pointing out something blindingly obvious to you and then telling you that "its ok, we'll take care of this. you tried so hard, but i guess it just wasn't good enough...".

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
how his post was presented:

these are all the things wrong with this. but don't worry, i'll take care of it because you clearly have no idea how. forget all the work you put into it, your results were terrible. you clearly need my help to get this right. now, why don't you just go sit in the corner and wait for me to get this homework out of the way and i'll come save you.

can you see why was a little ****ing pissed? can you?
So you took it as me thinking you can't do it yourself? I was simply trying to do what I can do, leaving you with more time to do the harder stuff that I can't do myself. And since I'm not doing much, I can spend more time re-fixing my fixes until it's as close as possible to the model.

EDIT: and since you couldn't post pictures of the stage, I thought you didn't have access to a Wii or something, so I pointed out the in-game problems.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
****it... yes i did have access to a wii, but i didn't feel like taking pics and then going through the conversion process (i had just finished installing starcraft 2 and really wanted to play). i can see how you could easily have interpreted it that way...

i did overreact, and i'm sorry for that. your edit did, indeed have better collision. i just felt a bit insulted, though thats an issue on my part and i shouldn't have snapped.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
i, however, tend to take it personally when i put so much time and effort into something only to have people say "thats a piece of ****. i can do better!"
I'd be amazed if you could quote where that was said.

can you honestly say that you wouldn't take offense to someone pointing out something blindingly obvious to you and then telling you that "its ok, we'll take care of this. you tried so hard, but i guess it just wasn't good enough...".
Hey, here's some quick tips!
  1. If it has glitches, don't release it.
  2. If you release it anyways, state that there a glitches! State that you plan to work on it further!
  3. If you don't do either, don't act like you have sand in your netherregions when somebody fixes them for you!

Funny that you say Perfect Chaos here was being "presumptuous," with his fixes, all while assuming that he's mocking you with the might of a thousand suns. For no reason.

And stop acting like this is the first time you've blown up on somebody. Man up, and admit you have an anger issue.

Ninja'd by apparent revelation. Just try and take a breather before you go crazy next time, dude.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Looks like I missed the drama but here's my 2 cents. I understand that when you put a lot of effort into something like this and someone changes it, it feels like they're trying to get in on your glory. But this is a team effort. We're working towards a common goal of making all the original stages playable, and we get there faster if we work as a team. We're better off teaching each other what we know than fretting over whose stage is whose and who gets the credit for it.

Like Shadic said, if you know of a problem and you plan on fixing it, say so. Speaking of which, I'm going to see what I can do about NPC's camera. I haven't played Brawl much at all lately but I played it with a friend and you really can't play well when the camera is that far out. I'll also upload a version that has nothing in the background. My friend found it distracting and I remember a couple people on here said the same.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm going to see what I can do about NPC's camera. I haven't played Brawl much at all lately but I played it with a friend and you really can't play well when the camera is that far out. I'll also upload a version that has nothing in the background. My friend found it distracting and I remember a couple people on here said the same.
Perhaps as an alternative to that, I've got an idea:
Could you take the chunk of the stage that you've kept now, move it to the center of the level, and then move the background further away? I think that'd keep the spirit of the stage visuals, but make it less distracting for the eyes.

If you want, I could provide a picture.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Well, no picture necessary. Hmm...
I'll see what I can do about that later. The stage definitely needs to be moved to the center. For now I'll just get the camera fixed and give people the no background version (I already did it weeks ago).

Anyone have any problems with Yoshi's Island Melee or is that thing done? I'm pretty satisfied with it for a singles counter-pick.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...Speaking of which, I'm going to see what I can do about NPC's camera...
Wasn't the camera already recently fixed by replacing NPC's camera with Battlefield's camera?
Could you take the chunk of the stage that you've kept now, move it to the center of the level, and then move the background further away? I think that'd keep the spirit of the stage visuals, but make it less distracting for the eyes.
Moving the background could cause problems, as the boat is actually physically connected to the background, graphically.
I personally don't find the background to be distracting at all, so I'm surprised to see that others do.

EDIT: Yoshi's Island (Melee) is good in my book. d-(^_^)

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Oh, I missed the NPC fix. Link me? As far as graphical issues (with the ship being connected to the background) that won't be a problem... that is if I ever get around to it.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Updated my post on the front page. There's a strange problem with the boat on New Pork City. Walk left on it and you'll get stuck at a certain point... I redid the collisions but that didn't change anything. I just don't know what happened there. It now has battlefield's camera but I think it needs to be further. Maybe that's just me - I was testing this on a fullscreen while I usually play on a widescreen so it felt claustrophobic.

I've got the finished version of Yoshi's Island: Melee there. That should go in the OP if everyone's happy with it.

(sorry this took so long, I was having problems with freezing at the end of the match, then I forgot about it)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i've added GHZ+ and JJ+ to my OP. feel free to download, test, and recommend changes to them.

for now, i know GHZ+ has the wall in the middle, however, most wall infinites have been removed (not to say all of them). this is why we need this stuff tested: we need to know what will work and what won't. keep in mind when playing GHZ+ that you need to be sure that the person locked is using SDI. if they get locked and aren't even trying to mash then i don't want to hear it.

additionally, JJ+ has spawn issues. i have a fix on my computer right now, but i'm going to wait till tomorrow in case i get any more edit requests from the higher ups regarding the stage.

RiteToRmnSilent

Smash Cadet
i've added GHZ+ and JJ+ to my OP. feel free to download, test, and recommend changes to them.

for now, i know GHZ+ has the wall in the middle, however, most wall infinites have been removed (not to say all of them). this is why we need this stuff tested: we need to know what will work and what won't. keep in mind when playing GHZ+ that you need to be sure that the person locked is using SDI. if they get locked and aren't even trying to mash then i don't want to hear it.

additionally, JJ+ has spawn issues. i have a fix on my computer right now, but i'm going to wait till tomorrow in case i get any more edit requests from the higher ups regarding the stage.
Well when I click download for JJ+ all it links me to is the picture...so I would test it to see if it has problems but I can't download it lol.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I think the bottom boundary is still a little too high. Also, it would be nice if it can keep the water current effect like in Melee, but I see how that can be hard to figure out.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
can someone lower the ceiling on the temple hack? the height on that thing is ungodly. it's okay for it to be higher than the average stage (around pictochat level, maybe). heightening the pit and maybe spreading out the walls a bit would be nice too.

Top Bottom