• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
sorry, gotta leave the project threads stickied and the discussion unsticked :<

camelot

Smash Ace
You know, you go through the wings of the windmill if you're holding down when you're in the air. You can't be doing an aerial attack, though.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
*looks for signs of life...* *smacks Bio* *runs*
I all seriousness: Bio, this IS a project thread, these guys are modifying the stages for B+ use, so it qualifies as a project thread. Also, since it includes modifying, it is a necessity that it includes discussion about the changes being made, so I certainly don't think this should be unstickied.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I believe the last time I played there, the removed hazards were just forced out. There are like 12 or so frames where you can see the hazard being drawn on then disappear. That's just a graphical issue though.

I do have to say the springs transformation has a huge area around it that is considered "on the spring." Very annoying for the amazing few seconds it's out.

*shrug* Probably not the biggest issues, nor the one that is being complained about, but just my opinion on it. Also wanna say the wind transformation is probably my least favorite. It just makes stage control more potent for the player that has it at that time, but it does it in a very...obnoxious way. <_<

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I believe the last time I played there, the removed hazards were just forced out. There are like 12 or so frames where you can see the hazard being drawn on then disappear. That's just a graphical issue though.

I do have to say the springs transformation has a huge area around it that is considered "on the spring." Very annoying for the amazing few seconds it's out.

*shrug*
ok, i'll look at the "drawing" stuff, but the spring size is actually part of the hazard. i don't really see a reason why it would even need o be fixed.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It can have some tactical use, but its unrealistic (lol like that matters in Smash Bros. of all games) "activation!" size makes it unintuitive, and as you said, more of a hazard of all things than anything else.

EDIT: On the clock transformation, you removed the collisions but not the 'wall' property. You can still walltech on it. You know about the animation issue I believe.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
It can have some tactical use, but its unrealistic (lol like that matters in Smash Bros. of all games) "activation!" size makes it unintuitive, and as you said, more of a hazard of all things than anything else.

EDIT: On the clock transformation, you removed the collisions but not the 'wall' property. You can still walltech on it. You know about the animation issue I believe.
the only problems with drawing i've found are with the bombs (i can't tell if they have hitboxes or not) and the clock (which i've since removed completely in my own version). i can't see any of these disapearing drawings you've mentioned.

edit: the pacs should work fine on pal, but the codes won't if they're not made for pal.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The giant missiles' explosions don't have hitboxes.

And I would love it if you would upload the one with the clock transformation completely removed. :)

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
Sorry for not exactly searching the entire forum but 63 pages is alot to go through. But I seen from
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262564 that they made the 3rd part of Castle Siege playable through the use of stage hacking over the Online Waiting room. Now however since the stage is having problems being downloaded would or could someone make this viable for use?. I for one would like to see it due to it seems like a perfectly Viable stage however really don't want to go through all 3 secenes of Castle Siege just to get to it.

NVM to what I had posted before about the download not working I think it got rehosted.

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
I dun suppose or rather suggest you guys could try making Frigate Orpheon playable do you instead of a counter pick. all you would have to do either A. make the right side grab-able in the beginning. B. Make the Ceiling playable then freeze the stage. not sure how long it would take but that is something I would like to see in the near future due to that is a very very fun stage to play on (that is once you play on the ceiling lol). again its only a suggestion.

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
I dun suppose or rather suggest you guys could try making Frigate Orpheon playable do you instead of a counter pick. all you would have to do either A. make the right side grab-able in the beginning. B. Make the Ceiling playable then freeze the stage. not sure how long it would take but that is something I would like to see in the near future due to that is a very very fun stage to play on (that is once you play on the ceiling lol). again its only a suggestion.
I think it's been looked at. If anything were fixed, it'd probably just be the right edge. I don't think freezing the stage is the best fix.

The stage flip is controlled by a clr0 file (I think) which right now isn't editable (I think). Are the moving platforms your gripe? Because that's an easy fix.

ClinkStryphart125

Smash Cadet
No its not the moving platforms its just primarily that one edge during the beginning before the stage flips. I do hope that this can be eventually fixed. I just find it funny that just that one part really screws people over. I just want this stage to have that right side be fixed for that part of the ledge can actually be grab-able. And yes I do agree with that stage specifically stage freezing would ruin it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
if we fix anything on that stage it will be the flipping glitch where you die randomly. having the right side not grabbable is part of what makes it a counterpick to begin with.

The Cape

Smash Master
Norfair:
Remove lava wave (back/top) and container. Probably will be done through code.

That doesnt even start to show the problems with this stage. Thats the only thing that would keep it alive (stupid ledges).

As for PTAD, can we get weaker cars?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the idea for norfair to be a CP is that tether character can CP it to avoid gimps. if we could maintain that aspect but eliminate the campy layout then we'd be in business. however, when i mentioned changing the layout everyone got angry and started *****ing about how the stage was fine. fyi, changing the layout doesn't mean get rid of the ledges people. >_>

as for the cars, we've already told you to talk to the coders. there isn't any way to edit knockback in brawlbox. all collision data would need to be done through code. this is, like, the third time we've told you this.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If one know where the cars were located in the pac. file, would it be possible to hex edit their hitboxes?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Somewhat Important Message

So guys, I'm gonna be taking a bit of a break. Nothing really for you guys to worry about, just some irl stuff has caught up with me and im not gonna be on often (if at all) in the next little while. No clue how long it'll be, but it's not like I'm gonna be active next week, or even beyond the next 2 days. What I can guarantee is that I will be back, eventually. I might even have some new stuff to show, too ;)

As for hitboxes, sorry, no clue. I never figured out where those were.

EDIT: lil moderate-sized rephrasing edit

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Would you be around enough for minor OP editing? Sorry to hear you'll be gone, but we gotta make sure we can keep stuff going with this thread. :p

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

i did something i think you'll all enjoy very very much. who wants a friendly bulborb?
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yngwm2mhizn

plus a new PictoPlus with the clock removed (they say if you listen carefully you can still hear its haunting ticking... faintly...):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2rd0znzimtm

i'm also looking at making the summit not require a code. so far its going... i guess you could say "well". i've gotten it to stay in the same position the entire time, but its always in that tilted form. plus, it still has the low gravity and then water graphics as it would normally change states. i'm going to try rotating it and seeing if i can get any other effects.

edit: My OP updated with the DP and Picto pacs.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Awesome! I'll try it out in a bit.

As for Summit, hopefully, you can get it working correctly. (Since, working clouds is always a plus.)
But you really need to make the stage less vertical while you're at it... I don't think my idea would cause more holes, now that I've examined the stage more carefully. It's only a matter of moving the platforms (and the top one, I'm sure, won't leave a hole); plus, the previous weird looking hole fix won't be needed anymore in this case.
But at this point, I'll be satisfied if you just simply shrink the y-axis.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm not sure i can move the left most platform, so if that is the case i can see about moving the right side to match the left and move the bottom down. i like the current layout, but i can see how a reversed BF layout would be good too. i'll do a shrunken y-axis version first and then another with your idea. though both would be after i get it working without a code.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Would you be around enough for minor OP editing? Sorry to hear you'll be gone, but we gotta make sure we can keep stuff going with this thread. :p
If you truly need me to, I can update Maestro's post (if you guys gimme something to put :p ) while he's gone

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You wouldn't need to move the left platform at all (the one that originally drops). All you have to do is move the bottom platform back to where it originally was. (Then you wouldn't been to have the hole-fix, since the platform will be there to cover it up, again.) And move the top-most platform down (probably to the height where the lowest platform is at right now), centering it between the two other platforms.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
ok... i just... said that. O_o
Well, when I first brought up the idea a while back, I said all of what I said in that last post of mine. So when you said...
i'm not sure i can move the left most platform...
...I thought you misunderstood me, since the left platform doesn't require moving at all, but I guess you weren't misunderstanding.
...and move the bottom down...
This also made me confused as to what your intentions were.

Anyway, I tried out your new stage. It's funny hearing the sound of the Bulborg eating you, but not actually have it do anything visually. :laugh:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah, i meant "top down" instead of bottom.

and yeah, i only swapped the animation so far. i still need to get rid of the sound. :D

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So remember this post of mine? (Click the blue arrow box for the post...)
*insert long post here*
Well, I finally bothered to take a couple of minutes to learn how to access the collision data and tweak the walls. So I've been doing a bunch of tweaks for some of the stages I mentioned in the aforementioned post of mine.

So here's what I've done so far... (Click the stage names for the .pac files.)

Castle Seige

• Made lower walls wall-jumpable.
  • Changed the tiny notches from a ceiling into a wall. (I thought long and hard on this one, and I concluded that it'll be more beneficial to remove the ceiling.)
  • Kept the wall ledge the ledge non-wall-jumpable, since it's not really necessary and would avoid accidental wall-jumps during ledge hops.
  • Also made the trunk of the third stage wall-jumpable (not like it'll do much, but I might as well since I was already fixing the first part, which is the only one I play on, since I have it frozen [it might help characters like Samus and Pikachu recover after a spike or something... :dizzy:]).
Delfino Plaza

• Made the entire wall on the tower wall-jumpable.
  • Made the entire wall on the right side of the rooftop wall-jumpable.
Halberd

• Made the lower walls of the Halberd ship wall-jumpable.
  • Also changed the ceiling on the sides of the Halberd into walls, but kept them non-wall-jumpable due to it being really close to horizontal, making wall-jumps on that wall look strange (it's not like most characters will be able to wall-jump off of this part, anyway, since it's at a very awkward place).
Pokémon Stadium 1

• Made the trunk wall-jumpable (it won't affect that many characters, but I did it anyway). (I used the latest PS1 .pac that Maestro released.)
Pokémon Stadium 2

• Made the trunk wall-jumpable (again, it won't affect that many characters, but I did it anyway).
  • Made the walls by the ledge wall-jumpable. (I figured that the wall is big enough by the ledge to warrant this. Also, since there're no walls that are lower than this one that you can use to mix it up with ledge-wall-jump mindgames, it would benefit more to have this part be wall-jumpable [as opposed to Castle Seige that has a nearby lower wall].)
Port Town Aero Dive

• Made the lower walls on the 3rd pit-stop (the one that's immediately after the now-not-so-deadly wall) wall-jumpable. (I used the .pac with no cars, no wall hitbox, and with ledges, if you weren't sure.)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

• Made the entire wall wall-jumpable. (Yoshi's Island [Brawl] totally needed wall-jumpable walls. Before, there was only a tiny little part of the wall that allowed wall-jumping. If you were higher than that tiny part, you couldn't wall jump; if you were lower, you also couldn't. It was pretty stupid.)

EDIT: Also, I turned the ceilings near the ledges of Spear Pillar into (non wall-jumpable) walls for the .pac files that I'm using that has the top part only. But since this is more of a personal addition of mine, I didn't include the download. But I'm mentioning this so remind people that if ever Spear Pillar is made into a legit stage, it will probably need this... (With the exception being if it's something without a top part at all or something...)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You can put it in the OP any way you want. I didn't do it for the credit; it was to help out the community (whom has giving me such fun stages to play with! :D).

Also, as for the windmill, I think we will still need to fix it up somehow...
As much as this makes it so much better, there's still one problem that I pointed out in that thread: "
characters with more than 1 double jump cannot go upwards on the right side with through it while doing their double jumps, still...." :urg:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
agreed. we need to fix the windmill regardless of this new discovery.

also need a fix for the left side of DP to remove the waterfall camping.

Top Bottom