• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

I though up a layout that is both unique, but also solves these programs, among others.
Start off with the original Summit, get rid of the ice platform and move back the center piece just like before. But here's where it's different: instead of moving the right platform lower, move the top platform to be at the height of where the right platform is in the current Summit+, but center it between the two other platforms. (And add in the ledges & wall-jumpable lower walls, of course.)
With that, you'll get a pretty symmetrical layout like this:
Code:
---     ---
   -----
 ==========
This will make the stage less vertical-oriented, have a low enough platform so that you can naturally reach the higher ones during battle, all while giving it a more unique yet natural, symmetrical layout, instead of the awkward layout that Summit+ currently has. Not only that, but that awkward hole fix (it's better than the big hole, but it still stands out quite a bit) will be unnecessary, since the right platform will still be where it originally was, thus not causing that hole to be uncovered.
The upper boundary may have to be moved down a bit. (But it should still be higher than the average stage, to keep it having the same character counter, etc.)
or, and i'm just spitballing here, we could leave the platform layout how it is now and try my shorter version. just a thought since mine takes less work and can be done faster without creating more holes in the stage. just a thought.

edit: and that idea still wouldn't fix the center part since moving it out makes it interfere with graphics and moving it backs lets you see through the stage. i took a long time to come to the decision to have it where it is now so it would minimize interference and optimize visibility. we don't just half-*** these thing people. some though does go into making them. if you think we just throw this stuff together then you need to realize that we do think it out before we start and try stuff. plus, not everything works how you want it to in brawlbox. ideas are great, but we do have limitations. don't be upset if we can't do it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Did anyone else notice that Dedede bonks his head during his Up-B, even when he goes through the blocks at Yoshi's Island Melee+? Is that supposed to happen?
Are you sure the blocks were spinning? And does this only happen with Dedede?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
are you talking about how he hits his head and falls to his death if he up bs into a ceiling?

...like he does in vbrawl?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Well Dedede is the only character I know f that crashes with his Up-B like that.

Do this: Go under the solid blocks, as Dedede, then Up-B. You'll go through them, then fall down immediately after as if he had slammed his head into the stage.

I'm surprised that no one has notice it yet. =P

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
or, and i'm just spitballing here, we could leave the platform layout how it is now and try my shorter version. just a thought since mine takes less work and can be done faster without creating more holes in the stage. just a thought.

edit: and that idea still wouldn't fix the center part since moving it out makes it interfere with graphics and moving it backs lets you see through the stage. i took a long time to come to the decision to have it where it is now so it would minimize interference and optimize visibility. we don't just half-*** these thing people. some though does go into making them. if you think we just throw this stuff together then you need to realize that we do think it out before we start and try stuff. plus, not everything works how you want it to in brawlbox. ideas are great, but we do have limitations. don't be upset if we can't do it.
I don't care about the graphic problem for the center part that SS12 brought up, so it wasn't included as being something that's included in the things that my idea would fix.
And even with a shorter version, the platform layout would still be a little all over the place. But whatever, since I'm not doing it, I can't really criticize you for taking the easier route.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I don't care about the graphic problem for the center part that SS12 brought up, so it wasn't included as being something that's included in the things that my idea would fix.
And even with a shorter version, the platform layout would still be a little all over the place. But whatever, since I'm not doing it, I can't really criticize you for taking the easier route.
I somehow think your layout can help with making the fight less campy, warrio can camp in this stage very well with he's great Air Mobility

your layout seem mostly unique it's like and UpSideDown version of BattleField Plattaforms but bigger aswell

and the stage is slippery, so it wouldn't be neutral even with this

I also think that the clouds should be able to come... but I have no idea on how they should spawn while Freezing the stage :S

I don't like the Idea of the fall plattaform thou

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I'm so sorry if this has been answered already as I don't have time to wade through hundreds of posts, but I downloaded Summit+ gold, froze it (I double checked) and now it's sideways at about a 45° angle. What did I do wrong?

EDIT: I also can't seem to find the version of Temple+ without excess graphics (and am puzzled as to why it's not in the OP). Could someone point me to it?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Temple+ isn't in the OP yet because I need to get my crap together and make a post with all of my stages. I'll do it once I finish the one I'm currently working on!

Here's the post with it.

Edit: What's the best way to ADD more model files into a stage? I need at least six or seven, and adding new BRRES ends up with several "MiscData[0]"s.

If you right click a BRRES file, you have the option to add a New Model, but it shows up in a "Model" subfolder, instead of the "3DModel" subfolder... Will that cause an issue?

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Hmm, so I can load Temple+ off my SD card with my retail Brawl just fine, but when I try to load it off my B+ ISO, it freezes when I select it in the SSS. Don't suppose anyone knows why that might be?

EDIT: It's amazing! You're a fantastic person Shadic!

EDIT again:

Ok, in all seriousness, I like the Temple+ edit a lot. I can't really playtest it with humans, but it seems to capture the most fair part of the stage. Back in my casual nub days it was my favorite stage, so now I can use it! :bee:

matt4300

Smash Ace
Hmm, so I can load Temple+ off my SD card with my retail Brawl just fine, but when I try to load it off my B+ ISO, it freezes when I select it in the SSS. Don't suppose anyone knows why that might be?

EDIT: It's amazing! You're a fantastic person Shadic!

EDIT again:

Ok, in all seriousness, I like the Temple+ edit a lot. I can't really playtest it with humans, but it seems to capture the most fair part of the stage. Back in my casual nub days it was my favorite stage, so now I can use it! :bee:
Lol, Same here... It seems to be everyones fave stage back in the day.

Hey Shadic, is this different than the one you gave me?

Alphatron

Smash Champion

So you guys forgot about this, it seems? Either way, I decided to use my (lack of) skill to try and put this together. It failed. The model is fine and whenever the stage transforms, it remains as grass. However, the collision on the lower platform is off. The upper platform and the tree have no collision, and there aren't any edges.

The windmill also shows up during the water transformation. So I failed pretty hard. I'll try to work on this some more but if anyone wants to play around with the pac, here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lyoz1jgtzyd

I'm more interested in fixing the ground and fire sections. Though I don't know how to hex out or remove models. Maybe when I get into looking for hazards/hurtboxes I'll be capable.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

So you guys forgot about this, it seems? Either way, I decided to use my (lack of) skill to try and put this together. It failed. The model is fine and whenever the stage transforms, it remains as grass. However, the collision on the lower platform is off. The upper platform and the tree have no collision, and there aren't any edges.

The windmill also shows up during the water transformation. So I failed pretty hard. I'll try to work on this some more but if anyone wants to play around with the pac, here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lyoz1jgtzyd

I'm more interested in fixing the ground and fire sections. Though I don't know how to hex out or remove models. Maybe when I get into looking for hazards/hurtboxes I'll be capable.
we quit it because we got fixes for the other forms, so rather than have just 1 stage (which kept failing) we decided to have 4 edited stages to keep PS1 how it was. we already have fixed fire/earth, the only one we were left to fix was the windmill.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ah, so I wasted my time then. Can the brawlbox collision editor be used fix the windmill?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
not sure. i think if you make them ground and pass through it causes some glitches... at least thats what happened when i tried editing the clock hands on Picto. could test it, though.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I just flat out removed the collision from it and it turned out well with no problems. What fix did you guys have in mind.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
does it work like melee, where you can stand on it/fall through the platforms? we want it like the melee windmill, not just intangible.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Well, I went back again and made it "like melee". I could walljump off the windmill sides when I wasn't standing on them and I could fall through them with ease. I didn't notice any problems with the animations of anything.

I guess glitches occured with the old version of brawlbox. But changing the windwill to floor and making it fall through should work fine.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
What's the status with PS1?

Is there a gold version? It seems like work for it has just stopped for some weird reason.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I don't have time to try it, but did you simply disable the ability to wall-jump on it? Meaning that it'll still act as a wall when vertical?

If only there was an option to simply make it intangible when its slope is steeper than 45°...if only... (i.e. intangible when it becomes a "wall")

ValTroX

Smash Ace
i downloaded, gonna try it soon, gotta take a shower first. I'll try it and tell you how it goes :)
EDIT: Well, the windmill has to be a platform, meaning you can step on it, and go through it, it's not like that right now. You can fall through, but it acts as a wall when you hit someone through it, so it's not melee like

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i downloaded, gonna try it soon, gotta take a shower first. I'll try it and tell you how it goes :)
EDIT: Well, the windmill has to be a platform, meaning you can step on it, and go through it, it's not like that right now. You can fall through, but it acts as a wall when you hit someone through it, so it's not melee like
thats not good... i know maestro was working on it a while ago, but he wasn't having any success.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm assuming it has something to do with the animation. I noticed I can't even jump through the windmill unless its at a certain angle and is treated like a floor. Basically, its only a fall through(able) floor when it wants to be. Otherwise, it's a wall.

I selected the entire thing in the collision data when I made the changes. I guess its not as simple as that. ;_;

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Stupid windmill...
Is it possible to check how it was coded in Melee?

And if all else fails, it would be better if it was simply intangible. Pretty much anything is better than the stupid windmill in vBrawl, IMO.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I personally don,t mind the brawl windmill. But it has screwed me over before and I would like to see the melee one return. At least when the sides>45 degrees, it behaves like it should.

How about Pokemon Stadium 2?

Revven

FrankerZ
There's two reasons why the Brawl windmill is bad:

1) Acts as a cave of life if you're under it.
2) Allows easy camping

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing against the Brawl Windmill just because of one reason...

it may be a cave of life, but it's a stage that will change in less than 20 seconds and for me that stage form is rare :S, it almost never appear for me and camping for 20 seconds will not safe someone that is winning/loosing

D

Deleted member

I personally don,t mind the brawl windmill. But it has screwed me over before and I would like to see the melee one return. At least when the sides>45 degrees, it behaves like it should.

How about Pokemon Stadium 2?
There were people working on PS2+ a while ago, but idk what they're doing now.

PS1, PS2, and Pictochat seem like the most viable stages to get salvaged, but nobody is prioritizing them. =/

Can't complain though b/c I cant hack stages anyway

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^Frozen's pictochat mod is on the first page.

PS2 needs to have the air and electric transformations fixed. I'd personally replace them with PS2's other transformations and have them show up more often instead. But that's a copout.

D

Deleted member

he was in my room when i was making it. its practically done. dr. pepper, the **** are you talking about?
I know, but in general, those levels are the most salvageable and aren't getting attention at the moment.

Just going off on a tangent :dizzy:

Picto still needs polish as does almost every level in the B+ list.

Top Bottom