• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Competitive Brawl Stage Hacking Hub: Dat Valentine's Day Status

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
yes to everything, but the hazards are still there (**** palkia). it wouldn't be so bad if palkia would just not swap the camera... if i can fix that through editing the animation then we'll be able to leave it unfrozen, otherwise code time.
I'm actually glad the hazards are still in. Currently, I'm currently using unfrozen SP with the top section only on my SD Card, and Dialga is definitely manageable. The only thing annoying was the ledge not being grabbable when parts are destroyed (I tried to add them, but it didn't work... :().
With this, how would the platform breaking hazard work? Would it temporarily break one of the sides, exposing the original floor and leaving that side flat for a while? Or is the breaking parts hazard taken out? Either way, the ledge-less problem of the version I'm using isn't an issue for this one.
Also, what about the side lasers? How do they function? Given how it is (in the case you didn't modify it at all), it'll be quite hard for some characters to avoid it during battle, especially if the platforms are moved down.

Cresselia is a pain in the one I'm using, since you're limited to just the top, and Cresselia spams only two attacks, one of which is pretty hard to avoid with just the top being accessible. But that's not a problem in this one, so Cresselia's fine, too.
So yeah, it only leaves us with Palkia's flipping hazards that makes it a pain...

But if you can't fix it in the end, then there's another solution...
I'm currently using codes that allows you to hold down a certain button when selection SP in order to get a specific background Pokémon, so if you can't take out Palkia's flipping hazard, one can always make individual forms of SP banned (i.e. Palkia) while another can be a counterpick.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the breaking reveals the regular base, making it flat for a time (not an issue). the lasers are entirely avoidable (or at least as much as halberd's laser). dialgia's stage form is actually a fantastic CP (once i work out the kinks).

cresailia's projectiles are pretty manageable as long as you pay attention. again, fantastic CP.

palkia... i doubt i can fix the problems with this form. we may need to use the BBrawl codes and make palkia's form illegal, and the others individual CPs (or CP Test/Banned per veril).

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh, I forgot about the hazard where Dialga jumps onto the stage... Is that one of the kinks that you mentioned?
But yeah, I'm fine with using the bBrawl codes (since I'm already using them, anyway :laugh:). Getting it to pass Veril's conservative guidelines is the hard part... :urg:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
actually, when dialgia umps out, there's enough ground left that he can stand and do the yell animation.

as for the codes, veril definitely won't make them legal stages this time around, but what will be done is a stage expansion optional download. then once the 6 month waiting period is over we'll see about editing the legality of several stages, as well as the addition of new ones.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
If anything that bothers me with any new stage shown, they ALWAYS look too big in the end. Looking at the picture alone, I think the top death boundaries seem too high. That annoys the hell out of me. I thought that we wanted to prevent living forever?

Please say that it isn't as big as it look. ;~;

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
If anything that bothers me with any new stage shown, they ALWAYS look too big in the end. Looking at the picture alone, I think the top death boundaries seem too high. That annoys the hell out of me. I thought that we wanted to prevent living forever?

Please say that it isn't as big as it look. ;~;
how about you chill the **** out, k? this is what we call a mock up. a mock up is what we use to show people a visual of what we intend to do. now, try to understand this, but a mockup is generally subject to change before a final release. shocking, i know.

additionally, i'd like to direct your attention to the fact that we can actually edit the god ****ed death boudnaries, you ****ing ******. why the **** would you come in to a topic, complaining about how a ****ing beta image looks and demand smaller death boundaries. you need to shut the **** up and let us do the **** work. if every other deathboundary in B+ has been edited to be smaller, you would have to be the stupidest *** on the planet to assume this stage would keep its ridiculous boundaries. but no, no, lets ignore the change in physics to the entire project, or that the stage is still being worked on.

seriously, stop beign a freaking idiot and wait for a ****ing release.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
^ Hella mad. Calm the **** down.

Beta or not, that doesn't mean that you will actually change the boundaries when the times comes.

Look at PTAD+. It is a great stage, but I definitely think it could use some boundary shrinkage. I'm not an editor of any form, but I'd assume that its boundaries can easily be changed without it changing the look of the stage, or even camera. You'd just die off screen faster, obviously. It happens on other stages, why not PTAD+?

I've at least been able to play on PTAD+ quite a bit, so that is something that I think could be thought about, possibly.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
PTAD+ in 7.0.3 has smaller boundaries.
I am very thankful to hear this, though I have a feeling that I've already played on it. At least the change in some Sakurai Angles helps a lot.

Was PTAD+ changed in 7.0.2 as well? I remember having to edit the texture I had for it in 7.0.2 because the update gave me a different PTAD+. So I'm hoping it was changed again? :confused:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the only differences i believe were added in 7.0.3 were wall-jumps on certain aprts and closer boundaries.

right now, they're really close to the camera's boundaries, so if you move too far outside of the camera you'll hit the death boundary.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
the only differences i believe were added in 7.0.3 were wall-jumps on certain aprts and closer boundaries.

right now, they're really close to the camera's boundaries, so if you move too far outside of the camera you'll hit the death boundary.
Alrighty, I'll be sure to re-update my sd card soon to be sure that I have it then, thanks.

Now about that SP+. Is the bottom middle area curbed down a bit? Somewhat like:

--___--

D

Deleted member

That SP+ looks pretty nice.

Bummer about the camera glitch and them **** uber tier pokes ruining all the fun, but awesome set up and
moving platforms? :)

That light curve in the middle can cut down projectile spam camping which is a nice factor- sorta like RF+. It'll also make attack selection and spacing different and more important in certain ways.

Looking at those edges, I'm gonna guess it's like FD's edges with the wall vs ceiling.

2 Good FroHo

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Personally, I think only being to wall-jump off the "black part" on Pictochat makes more sense...
...but then again, having an invisible wall all the way down that stage doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place, so it's not making sense matters...
...but whatever, I still think the walls for Pictochat should be left the same. Makes it different from the other stages with walls going all the way down, and unlike other stages, Pictochat actually has visual cues on where you can't wall-jump originally.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The issue with that is the portion where you're normally allowed to wall jump on is pretty much ON the ledge. No lower, which renders the pointing of wall jumping useless. :|

That and its a wall. We should be able to wall jump it with no problem.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Guys, I played some B+ yesterday, and I think the boundaries on PTAD+ are WAY too small(specially with the sakurai angle being "fixed"). It's cool that you make em smaller, but I think they need to be stretched a little bit.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
honestly, increasing them more would get complaints from people that the boundaries are too large. as it stands now, they are only marginally smaller than their vbrawl counterpart. even if i i were to use the distance numbers halfway between the current version and the vbrawl version, it would be more similar to the vbrawl boundaries.

~FrozenHobo

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
honestly, increasing them more would get complaints from people that the boundaries are too large. as it stands now, they are only marginally smaller than their vbrawl counterpart. even if i i were to use the distance numbers halfway between the current version and the vbrawl version, it would be more similar to the vbrawl boundaries.
~FrozenHobo
My thoughts said:
oh.

10char
elevenchar

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?wmmvyxmffwi

Skyworld++

Untested

Top platform is permanently removed (only a cloud)
Side Platforms are passable up from below, but not down from above
- When destroyed, they are normal fallthrough platforms
Bottom platform is unbreakable

Or, at least, it's supposed to be like that, but I foresee problems
- Check if upper platform still has a hitbox (which it probably does)
- Check if you can get on the side platform clouds without breaking the platforms (which you probably can)

But that's what testers are for ^_^

Requires the GCT that comes with it (Gold w/ an edited version of Dant's Skyworld Code)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
what i'm worried about is this:
1) when used with the skyworld+ code, the upper plats will be automatically removed.

2) when the code is removed, the side platforms will work correctly, except that the clouds will still have a collision. the problem being that you can stand on the cloud and the blocks (its what you think, maestro).

MK26

Smash Master
i edited the skyworld+ code so only the part that says "the bottom can't break" stays.

and i know, i just hope it isn't a problem
thats the reason why the side plats arent fallthrough
worst case scenario i just move the clouds up or the plats down so that there's a miniscule difference in their heights like .00000001 units or something

Top Bottom