• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
I dash attack a lot.
yeah, p3 is right. when i first started playing brawl i use to dash attack all the time but i learned that it's easily punished and shield grabbed. if you use it to approach then you should definitely stop, approaching with an aerial is much safer.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I got a tournament down here in Aus in 2 weeks, i intend to go all Captain Falcon. The highest placing i hope i can achieve is a 3rd.
One player uses fox very well and is easily the best fox in Australia. I beat him with my better chracters but CF needs some luv.
Any tips on how to combat a good fox?

Winnar

Smash Lord
I got a tournament down here in Aus in 2 weeks, i intend to go all Captain Falcon. The highest placing i hope i can achieve is a 3rd.
One player uses fox very well and is easily the best fox in Australia. I beat him with my better chracters but CF needs some luv.
Ignore the lasers, bite the bullet and rush him.

Flub knee is AKA gimp knee for a reason, use it.

Edit - This is it guys, my last post until after/during the tourney. They might have internet and I might can set up a live stream...MAYBE

Player-3

Smash Hero
i broke someones shield today on wifi with captain falcon

i broke it using a falcon punch

you can call me god if you would like

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I've broken peoples shield in person. ironically one was a marth. I've broken a ness and lucario's shield. the perfect punisher is..you guessed it..FALCON PAWNCH

Player-3

Smash Hero
Every cool Falcon main/secondary has broke a shield with a punch before, I know I have.
in a...
LADDER MATCH?

in other news

if you try to play falcon online like offline falcon, you will lose
if you try to play online falcon in an offline match, you will be 3 stocked

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Yo, someone test this:

I did grab release to knee on MK, but it was like offstage.

So it was like: Grab release (MK is realeased into the air, at which time you buffer a dash, and then MK is about to "land" in the air) Dash (Buffered as said before, until you run off the edge) Mid-air jump and knee.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I would've reversed it but the lucario main was at 120%+ and I didn't wanna get punished. besides I taunted before the punch lolz

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Nobody said nuthin' but...
You've got a pseudo chain grab against him. Grab>pummel>forward throw>repeat. It works pretty well.
Also, watch out for dair into utilts and smashes, but you probably knew that.
Oh, and punish his firefox every chance you get.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
How do you buffer an attack or a grab?

Oh, also I know there is about 3 different guide but what if you made it into a video, like what mario has done. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227634
Just wondering what people think about the idea
Buffering is just when you press a button while you're already doing something else, so your action is registered but not carried out yet, and will be executed as soon as it's possible. Basically, if you jump and hold L or R, you will airdodge, and when you hit the ground, you'll buffer a shield if you were still holding the button down. So for a jab or grab, you could hold A/Z just before you hit the ground, or in the middle of another ground move to buffer it, among other things.

The video thing seems like a great idea to me, I think it would be very helpful, especially to new players asking simple questions.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
In my last tournament, I used a sweet ledge game with falcon. When you grab on the ledge, you would drop then immediately use a uair while using your last jump. If done correctly, you would hit the opponent and grab the ledge again. As anyone else found this?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
In my last tournament, I used a sweet ledge game with falcon. When you grab on the ledge, you would drop then immediately use a uair while using your last jump. If done correctly, you would hit the opponent and grab the ledge again. As anyone else found this?
Yes.

10chars.

Winnar

Smash Lord
The problem is that even though you can regrab the ledge, you have a lot of vulnerability between when your u-air stops hitting in front of you and when you regrab the ledge. Marth can do it with n-air and some others, but even then it's pretty punishable.

Kishin

Smash Ace
How do you do the full hop U-air quick enough to hit donkey kong at 0:16 in this video?

I've tried multiple times but I could never hit Donkey Kong with that rising full hop U-air. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a certain control scheme to do it? Or perhaps did Donkey Kong tried to jump and gave enough air to get hit by the U-air?

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
How do you do the full hop U-air quick enough to hit donkey kong at 0:16 in this video?

I've tried multiple times but I could never hit Donkey Kong with that rising full hop U-air. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a certain control scheme to do it? Or perhaps did Donkey Kong tried to jump and gave enough air to get hit by the U-air?
I think you just have to be reeeeeaaal close to him.

Karttibone

Smash Cadet
Ahem, I don't know if this is known, but I think I just discovered a good-for-nothing glitch with the raptor boost. If you jump and immediately press the button combination for the raptor boost, CF makes the move fairly above the ground, but if you hit the enemy he lands and it doesn't do ANY damage. At first I was all like WTF?.
The problem is, from my viewpoint, if you hit with raptor boost in the air, it works like meteor smash, so CF should gain upward momentum. So why the hell is he landing without doing ANY damage?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I've tried both jump->U-air and jump c-stick. No idea what I'm doing wrong or what but can anyone else do it?
Just let your finger slide from the X button to the A button while holding up (tap jump off - gamecube controller).

Make sure to hold the X button just long enough though before you slide to the A button though, or else you won't full hop.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Just let your finger slide from the X button to the A button while holding up (tap jump off - gamecube controller).

Make sure to hold the X button just long enough though before you slide to the A button though, or else you won't full hop.

Can't do anything short of a short hop U-air :(

Did it like twice but it's hard for me. Thanks.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
I may have found something strange with the gentlemen (AAA), but i'm not sure if it's already known so i'm asking here.

We all know you can Jab cancel by tapping crouch but while practicing this I noticed that if you stall the third hit of his AAA and tap jab a fourth time, Falcon throws the original jab again quite quickly (it combos another 2 hits) and then goes into his rapid punches. Strange, but great for an already good boxing game.

what's that aboot?

AIM's blessedbyfire if you have further pressing questions.

Roager

Smash Ace
What thread do I go to if I want to upload a video so people can critique my Falcon?
I'm not really sure.
What do you mean? Do you need someone else to upload it? Or do you just want people to look at a video you upload?

Top Bottom