• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If he's DIing toward you, knee isn't a bad follow-up either if you buffer it. Not guaranteed, but hey, why not try throwing one out there if they're in the perfect position in the airspace?

PZ

Smash Lord
who can cf nair after grab releases?

Also is nair<uair a combo if they DI u or high enough at low percents? On heavies like falco nair<grab low percents?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
First hit Nair -> Uair on the ground?

Also, do you mean ground release or air release?
I don't see how an air release -> nair -> uair would work.

PZ

Smash Lord
First hit Nair -> Uair on the ground?

Also, do you mean ground release or air release?
I don't see how an air release -> nair -> uair would work.
not first hit FF nair<uair and yes air grab release. Ofcourse ive tested these at 0-10 so it could work lol probably not reason im asking:p

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It shouldn't work.

If you're talking about the first hit of the Nair giving them hitstun in order to perform a Uair, no. You would have to hit them in a way where the second part of the Nair wouldn't hit them and cause knockback, which considering you're not hitting the ground to cancel it, they would have the reaction time to avoid it.

Nairing them within short hop distance -> fast fall -> buffered uair would be decent follow-up, but not guaranteed.

EDIT: However, thinking about it from 0%, you might be able to Nair -> keep moving in the direction they're knocked back after the second hit -> double jump rising Uair.

Still not guaranteed though, I would say.

PZ

Smash Lord
It shouldn't work.

If you're talking about the first hit of the Nair giving them hitstun in order to perform a Uair, no. You would have to hit them in a way where the second part of the Nair wouldn't hit them and cause knockback, which considering you're not hitting the ground to cancel it, they would have the reaction time to avoid it.

Nairing them within short hop distance -> fast fall -> buffered uair would be decent follow-up, but not guaranteed.

EDIT: However, thinking about it from 0%, you might be able to Nair -> keep moving in the direction they're knocked back after the second hit -> double jump rising Uair.

Still not guaranteed though, I would say.
It looked like it I guess ill ask my friend to try to buffer a dodge when I do it but yea wut ur edit said FF nair both hits<buffer the DJ rising uair. Its not that theres not enough stun or theres too much lag after the nair it depends on DI but even then you could just nair juggle or nair<grab.

Ive only done it on dk, bowser, not sure about D3 but eh, and a few other characters that are big or can somehow get hit by both hits on the floor. Btw nair is actually very viable against falco.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Mario's cape is effective/damaging since which frame?

Because I fought a Mario and he tried to cape me everytime I falcon Dive'd, and got him everytime. Falcon Dive has grabbing super-armor, so I got curious about this...

lordhelmet

Smash Master

Because I fought a Mario and he tried to cape me everytime I falcon Dive'd, and got him everytime. Falcon Dive has grabbing super-armor, so I got curious about this...
You'd have to look at his frame data.

Mario has to cape us when the grab hitbox isn't out. I'm not sure if it matters where he capes us, but if he does when the grabbox is out, we'll get turned around but still grab him. I'm bad at explaining things but it looks funny :D

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon Dive doesn't have super armor, it just has a lot of range. If it connects with a character's hurtbox before their attack's hitbox can hit Falcon's (which they have to be disjointed to do), than it cancels out their animation completely and grabs them.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Falcon Dive doesn't have super armor, it just has a lot of range. If it connects with a character's hurtbox before their attack's hitbox can hit Falcon's (which they have to be disjointed to do), than it cancels out their animation completely and grabs them.
Where did you get super armor from?

Grab Armor =/= Super Armor

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama

This is where I got the super-armor reference from my last post.

I was just clarifying that.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Grabs just have priority and if it connects and starts the grabbing animation before it's canceled by another move, it continues- even if you 'exchange hits'. I'm assuming that's what we could call this if you take damage but the grab still connects.

Either way; grabs have priority, not super armor.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Have you never grabbed someone out of a F-smash, getting hit by the smash in the process? You take the damage, but you still grab the opponent. That's what I meant with super-armor.

Regardless, no point in discussing this further.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yeah, that's why it's called "Grab armor", lol.

Anyway, that's one of the reasons why Falcon Dive is actually a nice recovery and a nice surprise attack.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Michigan is actually steppin' it up in tournament attendance.

I have noticed that most of the wifi kids stopped playing and smashers aren't playing wifi as much in general.

Is it me or has wifi been becoming laggier as well?

Player-3

Smash Hero
Michigan is actually steppin' it up in tournament attendance.

I have noticed that most of the wifi kids stopped playing and smashers aren't playing wifi as much in general.

Is it me or has wifi been becoming more dead and laggier as well?
*assumes you're referring to my post*

Did I use "wifi" and "dead" in the same sentence?
yes.................

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Here in Portugal we only have like 8 smash players, and they're divided in 2 groups: north and center (south doesn't have any players).

Most of the casual players don't like the organized smash-scene (they mostly like Street Fighter for 1v1s, they only play smash to have 4 player FFAs).

We've been trying to improve ourselves and going to foreign tournaments (we've been to Sevilha for a Spain tournament last summer), but other than that, we can't even organize tournaments... almost nobody appears.

Brawl isn't dead around here, but it feels zombie'ish.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Idk it just seems that way, I go to the fox,sonic, and of course the FALCON board abd nothing has been posted there in awhile. Well nothing like useful wise. idk compared to melee crowd seems dead. lol it's only the second or 3 year?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I don't understand your logic : low/mid tier metagame is representative of the health of a game ?
If so then why do you compare it to melee where the metagame revolves around the top 6 ?

TL;DR : lolwut

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Maybe he means the low/mid tier in relation to the top tier determing the 'health' of a fighting game.

If not, than I second lolwut

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
He means, almost three brawl boards have got almost completely inactive over the past few weeks, generally around the same time. I wouldn't say that the community is 'dying', but there's been a mass of inactivity occurring in all the boards. lol

Top Bottom