• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Ive realized in my defunct and widely discredited wisdom, that this thread accomplishes more than any other topic within the whole of these Falcon boards.

I weep with relative frequency.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Ive realized in my defunct and widely discredited wisdom, that this thread accomplishes more than any other topic within the whole of these Falcon boards.

I weep with relative frequency.
Your name means 'knee' (its japanese) =D
We have the same name (sort of) =D :pimp:

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I always thought that was interesting.

Nihongo wa o-hanashimash ta ka?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
look at the pichu boards.
melee's been out for years.
look at the similarities lol

edit: imo this shoulda been social/qna.. just a social thread kinda promotes spamming and useless shiz

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Having a Q&A be a social thread means a lot of questions get missed. I've also noticed they seem to fail and generally promote inactvity in the boards.

*looks at Ike boards*

So uhm, out of FHN, I find the Knee really hard to do. I prefer to FHN > nair > tech chase depending on % or try and follow up.

Anything else I should do? Uair better? Practice timing on the knee?

Roager

Smash Ace
Having a Q&A be a social thread means a lot of questions get missed. I've also noticed they seem to fail and generally promote inactvity in the boards.

*looks at Ike boards*

So uhm, out of FHN, I find the Knee really hard to do. I prefer to FHN > nair > tech chase depending on % or try and follow up.

What's FHN? Did I miss something?

Hiza

Smash Apprentice

Forget the knee except for obvious kill openings and sharp, mid-range DI. People who dont understand my style accuse me of being bad with knees because i use a good bit of them "randomly" when im not even near the opponent and when recovering. I am in all actuality buffer DI-ing falcon for on stage aerials and avoiding his linear and widely known movement predictability- doing this can completely revolutionize your mobility and recovery.

If i wasn't completely certain that it was going to be immediately and most assuredly discredited, i would have created a thread for this concept- of which I have more or less kept to myself. As every thread I've ever initiated is silenced like a communist defector (regardless of its intellectual or technical merit) it would seem this post is as far as ill delve into it.

Anyways, imo Uair is always superior- its blindingly fast, the first thing opponents forget falcon has, and it autocancels.

Player-3

Smash Hero
btw, im not playing falcon seriously in barlw anymore

hell, im not playing barlw seriously anymore

melee (and brawl+ for sngs) for life son

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I've been looking at the ledge-cancelled Wizard's Foot (Ganon's version of Falcon Kick) and it seems that it works by sliding off the stage when you land (you're off the ground during the move). Has anyone tried to see if other stuff (like Falcon Dive's landing lag) could be cancelled in a similar fashion?

KneeOfInjustice

Smash Rookie
He, and I were banned because our opinions don't sit well with Virg. Therefore, we were banned.

It is I, toiletpaperavatarman/Red.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Posting because it makes sense...

Um... I would like to do some reformatting and furthering of the Falcon data. Noodlehead's guide is amazing, but a bit outdated. Someone needs to take over the match up thread since P-3 doesn't play anymore (correct me if I'm wrong,) and the zone and move discussion threads need updates.
I'm going to update the stage thread tonight or tomorrow. Only one person posted...
thank you lusiris.

Player-3

Smash Hero

Um... I would like to do some reformatting and furthering of the Falcon data. Noodlehead's guide is amazing, but a bit outdated. Someone needs to take over the match up thread since P-3 doesn't play anymore (correct me if I'm wrong,) and the zone and move discussion threads need updates.
I'm going to update the stage thread tonight or tomorrow. Only one person posted...
thank you lusiris.
im not playing barlw seriously myself, ill still visit the forums and help out nubs since falcons metagame isnt really going to go anywhere at all besides useless little combos , or sometimes useless big combos
i can still run the matchup thread, i just never bump it because theres really no reason to since noone rreally inputs on it

and actually, depending on how things go when i see p1 next, i may play barlw again, but main pikachu and marth

along with cf for non seriouslys

t3h n00b

Smash Ace

thank you lusiris.
Noodlehead updated his guide yesterday. I'm just about done with the summer assignment my mom is making me do now, so the updates to both my threads will be coming by tomorrow (yeah I know I said that last month sorry <3). I don't know what is going on with the matchup thread even after seeing P-3's post above, I understand that no one is bumping it, but that's because the discussion gets stagnant on one character and others are never brought up. I'd be happy to do it if he doesn't want to, but I'm not sure if that's the case.

Player-3

Smash Hero
its not that it gets stagnant

it gets stagnant because noone knows enough info to satisfy my personal standards for a matchup discussion

\:

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Well that still means it gets stagnant :p I think a finished matchup discussion would be very beneficial to the boards though, if more people have information later it could always be added.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
I've been looking at the ledge-cancelled Wizard's Foot (Ganon's version of Falcon Kick) and it seems that it works by sliding off the stage when you land (you're off the ground during the move). Has anyone tried to see if other stuff (like Falcon Dive's landing lag) could be cancelled in a similar fashion?
i would test these things but unfortunately cant this week. i doubt falcon dive's landing lag could be canceled. although i could be wrong though.

falcon boards
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232610 + zones

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Air Dodge when you want to dodge attacks in the air or if you're coming from the air onto the ground,
Spot Dodge when you want to dodge attacks on the ground or opponents coming from the air ;)...lol...
But anyways, I don't know if Falcon's Spot Dodge is good or not, and I don't care, I barely have to use it and your ground moves are great to cancel some things, but ofcourse you must Spot Dodge against Grabs if you see them coming.
As for Airdodge, since Captain Falcon has no solid approach against any opponent, you can always Short Hop Airdodge into them hoping that they didn't see it coming. Another good use for it is dodging an attack in the air and retaliating immediatly with U-air or B-air.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Don't spot dodge when you should shield, and don't air dodge when you should attack.

On a different note, we need to start up the match-up discussion again, and the stage discussion as well.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Just wondering.... "why is CF so low on the tier list?" Is it cuz people don't play him (thus lack of support) or is it cuz he has some MAJOR issue's.

Top Bottom