• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta The "Bowser Matchups" Thread

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I recorded a best of five set with Bowser against Lambchops. It'll be put up on YouTube through my channel and I'll post in here soon for you guys :)

TheGoat

Smash Ace
I recorded a best of five set with Bowser against Lambchops. It'll be put up on YouTube through my channel and I'll post in here soon for you guys :)
Alright cool, can't wait.
I have some videos from my bowser, mostly recorded by The Germ, and I will post them in the bowser forums once I get ahold of them.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Ah, whoa. That's some crazy customization you got there.
Just a question about the koopa klaw: I haven't seen any bowser professionals biting with it, not even once. Is it because people can escape it? I've always thought you could at least get in one bite before you throw them.
Thanks. The customization is WarriorKnight's work. I bite during the Koopa Klaw but it really depends on the situation with the character I'm holding in the Klaw and their percentage. People escaping it is one reason. Although the main reason is that if you perform the Klaw's back throw right from the moment you have someone in it, they end up DI'ing horribly because the throw is so fast. As you can see from the times it happened in that set, Lambchops didn't DI the Klaw back throws. I could get a bite or two before performing the Klaw's back or forward throw, but then it gives the person time to DI well if I go for a back throw. You definitely don't want to give the person that chance, especially if the person has a good amount of percentage to die or at least get sent off-stage from the Klaw's back throw.

Now for example, if I ended up Klawing a Peach and she doesn't have that much percent to die from the back throw, then I'll bite her once or twice to get more percentage in before doing the throw. Since Peach is a floaty and has good recovery, performing an immediate Klaw back throw on her when she doesn't have much percent isn't the way to go. She'll just float right on back to the stage with no problem. Its better to bite her to get more percentage and perform the forward throw instead. That way she's in midair and has to try to make her way down safely. So biting during the Klaw is situational.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
That's very helpful, thanks for the info on the Klaw DJ. You explained it really well, I will use it when I play next.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
It's faster, stays out longer, and covers more of bowser's body---it's defensive, where f-air is generally offensive.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
It's faster, stays out longer, and covers more of bowser's body---it's defensive, where f-air is generally offensive.
As far as I'm aware, they both come out on the same frame: neither is faster. But the other points are duly noted. I'll play around with nair next time then.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Sorry for the long delay ppl. I finally got around and managed to get all these pro vids uploaded in very HIGH quality for all bowser enthusiasts to really enjoy.

Set #1 WarriorKnight (Bowser) Vs. Benteezy (Falco)

Set #2 WarriorKnight (Bowser) Vs. Benteezy (Falco)

Set #3 WarriorKnight (Bowser) Vs. Benteezy (Falco) <-- Great set

Set #4 WarriorKnight (Bowser) Vs. Benteezy (Falco)

Set #5 WarriorKnight (Bowser) Vs. Benteezy (Falco)

All counterpick and regular stages are used throughout all these sets so you can get a general idea how well you can utilize these stages when used against you.

Hope you guys enjoy.

P.S. Stay tuned for me and DJN's double bowser team matches that are full of destruction lol.

I'll post advice soon, too busy atm <3

TheGoat

Smash Ace

P.S. Stay tuned for me and DJN's double bowser team matches that are full of destruction lol.
Oh **** bowsergasm

Thanks for the uploads both of you, it's encouragement to keep playing bowser.

What do you use to record?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DJ Nintendo's Bowser: I'm thoroughly impressed. Keep it up.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
That's easy for us to say, but I happen to have a friend who's pretty decent at Melee, except for one thing...he can only play Pichu and Kirby (don't ask me how this happened). He's very competent in Smash, too. In fact, if you play Brawl, you've probably heard of him (John12346).

:Tally Hoes

Banned via Administration
When up throwing you should sheild c stick up to get the fastest possible jump and lean forward with the stick to fair so you can up throw fair as fast as possible or whatever. Just an idea for tighter combos might be needed for some floaties.

:phone:

Thats why you buffer a jump(c-stick up sheild) so you can hit them as fast as possible as you lean forward with your other stick. During your double jump is when you follow di and you should be able to hit most dis or at least this increases it.

You do both go fight a cpu and roll the c stick around while sheild you can buffer rolls spot dodges and jumps. If you buffer a jump as bowser it would be much faster than normal.

Options out of sheild.

Jump canceled by all up b up smash some b moves

Roll canceled by throwing items.

And spot dodges.

Jumps can be done oos.

You roll which ever way an press A nearly the begining it wa forst discovered in brawl

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
Vs. everone's favorite mouse Pokémon!

coughcoughPikachucough

His smashes are so ridiculously fast and his up aerial is very annoying.

Edit: I guess it should be 'its' instead of 'his'...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Pika's usmash may be strong, but it's also very short-ranged. That uair is probably more annoying. At high %'s it can kill you from onstage, so it kinda shuts down Bowser's tanking ability if it gets you. Here's my advice from my limited experience against Pikachus. Pika may be fast and agile, but just remember that, by virtue of his/its small body, everything Pika does is short-ranged (except for it's dsmash and fsmash). As such, it's generally safe to sit in shield and shieldgrab him/it. Of course, you'd have to watch out for crossups, but another interesting feature of Pika is that many of his moves have high endlag. Making him very punishable. Don't quote me on this, but I think Boozer's grab also outranges Pika's grab as well as quite a few of his moves. If anything, you can probably punish his moves w/ upB oos. I'd say a Pika is most dangerous when Boozer is offstage. Miss the sweetspot and you get punished w/ fsmash (or dsmash from less experience Pikas). Try to come in too low and you uair spiked to oblivion. Play smart at this point and remember that, while your upB can muscle thru a lot of things and has low endlag upon landing, it's not invincible and you can be uaired out of it.

Top Bottom