• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta The "Bowser Matchups" Thread

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
Ganon moves really slow, Bowser easily outpaces Ganon. For once, as Bowser you have to be fast to beat ganon, get him off the stage as soon as possible and work your edge guarding skills. Ganon out guns Bowser in strength, attack speed and reach, but ganon's recovery is terrible, take advantage of that whenever possible.

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
Uh... I don't see where you get the idea that Ganon is slower than Bowser. I would say a fast Ganon outstrips a fast bowser in speed, but overall they're close enough for it to not matter too much. Ganon's waveland is way better than Bowser's and it makes him faaasst.

But definitely, the strategy to use is get him off the stage and edgeguard. That's really all you can do in this matchup. Has anyone else noticed how Ganon's hitboxes are oriented perfectly to **** Bowser up? It kinda sucks.

I would say backthrows (shield grabs, dash grabs, and klaws if you can manage them) as well as fast fairs (especially if you catch him in a double jump) are good to get Ganon off the stage.

And once he's off, FTILT. Ftilt ***** Ganon. I've gotten kills off where I just throw them off and ftilt like 10 times until they're dead (I think it's because they think they can tech it and go low, but ftilt is surprisingly difficult to tech, so they just get owned). And these kills weren't on noob Ganons either.

Bair is also very good if you have the time to turn around, and Fair if he happens to go high. If you get Ganon off at a reasonably low height, he really should have no good options left.

Basically just remember that Ganon basically can't sweetspot, and do whatever you feel like to keep him off.

EazyP

Smash Ace
You're not supposed to post here anymore, **** you D:<

Ganon is slower than Bowser, the problem is his stupid good knockback and the length of a few of his attacks (fair). Getting him off the stage as fast as you can is a great idea, and for all you little kids who have been practicing your fsmashses, it's pretty easy to do on a Ganon. Play defensive, punish with shielded up b's when you can, grab as much as possible, and don't get hit by up-tilt

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
Okay well, I just wrote out a paragraph arguing my view, but writing that has only made me come to realize that there's no reason to argue about whether Bowser or Ganon is faster.

What this game comes down to is maximally punishing your opponent for his mistakes, and minimizing punishment for your own. And the tools that will help Bowser maximally punish Ganon, and maximally evade punishment are his MOVES and not the abstract idea of their relative "speeds."

Anyway, let's move on to a new topic...

How does everyone feel about Bowser vs Falcon? The more i play it the less enthusiastic i become about it haha. Anybody have specific strategies for foiling falcon's approach or his combos?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If he's ******** he just SHFFL's nairs and you can be up-b happy... if he dash dance camps for a grab you have to be a lot more careful. Obviously edgeguarding is easy, if he's off he's dead, but the fact of the matter is that if the falcon plays smarth he does extremely well against Bowser.

It's one of my more favorite match-ups

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Since this thread has been going on for so long, Fox has probably already been discussed, but...

What are my best options to get out of his U-tilts, U-smashes, and U-airs? Especially the tilts and Uairs. They hurts me.

Chip.

you know what to do
LOL

c'mon now, Bowser may be a kutie, but it's a **** fest. I mean, Bowser can just slowly chase young Link for so long before he runs into all dem projectiles.

:(

Rose

Smash Journeyman
bowser dittos. How does one do this?

I seem to suck at this matchup.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Fortress should beat out the dsmash and pretty much anything Peach has on the ground, so doing it out of shield is good for you. Also, keep her in the air and close by so she can't throw turnips.

EDIT: Also, Peach has no super off the ledge options. So yeah.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
I noticed in some luigi vs peach matches that she like, alllways gets daired when she's gettin up. I'm gonna be practicing on SFAT's silly peach so maybe I'll figure some things out.

Does fair beat Peach's nair?

I think edgeguarding i'll just have to watch the few fights i've seen for the most part

Uhh, any other matchup questions that you can think of for me, answer them lol

I'll figure edgeguarding out as best I can, bair seems to **** anyway

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Bowser doesn't have any super creative edgeguards, what's there is there. I guess the ledgehop bair, but Peach can float over the edge entirely.

Fair beating Peach's nair... I dunno. There's really no such thing as aerial priority, so it's a kinda ambiguous question. Her nair comes out fast, so you will probably trade hits unless you space it really well.

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
If its been talked about can someone point me to the vs C.Falc discussion, and maybe ICs? in this thread or other location.

Top Bottom