• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta The "Bowser Matchups" Thread

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
Its like clockwork. 5150 talks **** then Gimpy/Kevin/Eggz talks **** back then the ENTIRE bowser boards defends Gimpy/Kevin/Eggz. 5150 calls em' on it then dissapears for a while. Kinda like the ful moon. Its entertaining. Lets Watch.......

Except every insult ends with "lol"s so its not serious.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's cause 5150 sucks at this game and until he can back up his **** with more then "I play Tapion's Falcon" then i really don't care for his ******** outbursts.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
anyway, what do you think of aerial up-B out of shield just to do around 30% damage?
- does it come out fast enough?
- does the lag and chance of missing make it too risky to use?
- would the lag make it ineffective against FFers because they hit the ground before you, or fast recoverers (i.e. Luigi) because they can immediately nair you after? or both? even if boozer FF's?
- should i just say screw it and do a ground up-B?
It's difficult to do as a standalone move while nothing else is happening. Eight frames of startup lag on your jump is tough to come to terms with. If the opponent is immediately over you in the air and you can manage it, I say go for it, unless you're very high in the air so that the opponent can easily retaliate (doing the attack and cancelling the lag by landing on a platform immediately after is top tier). Fastfallers should only be able to catch you if you're high in the air, and other character should only be able to catch you if they don't get hit by the second half of the attack.

Bowser has quite good aerials, but if you're just trying to rack up damage in a quick, safe way, try it in situations where the opponent is already in the air. It works better on certain characters (and opponents, depending on how well they DI and the like), but you just need to experiment if you can.

It's really hard to get the full 30% in, but it's fun to tag them with such damage. Still, it's rather situational, so I would not recommend it as something to pull out every time you can.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex I got to play a lot of midwest actually. You seem to be in fairly high regards with them.
Reflex is a good dude.

Do you remember the names of who in particular it was? The Memphis guys seem to love me a lot.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
lol who is this midwest? cuz i sure as hell dont know who reflex is, and i AM the midwest.
You're not good at this game, therefore you AREN'T the midwest. GG, i've played some of the best in the midwest at this point, you're just some scrub sheik player that doesn't even travel out of state. Get ***** LOL

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What is the best way to approach jigglypuff?
By not approaching at all. =/

Wow, that's depressing...

Seriously, though; I feel that well-timed F-Airs are your best bet. Try to bait Jiggly into being in the best area to get hit by your F-Air, which is slightly lower than Bowser, and the furthest away. That should give you the range you need to not get eaten alive by B-Airs while remaining pretty safe and still dealing damage.

Banned via Administration
You're not good at this game, therefore you AREN'T the midwest. GG, i've played some of the best in the midwest at this point, you're just some scrub sheik player that doesn't even travel out of state. Get ***** LOL
ya uh get your facts straight i was @ pound2. i travel across mw all day. u srsly are just a ****ign 14yr old ***t who THINKs he can flame but just gets caught up in how he should comb his hair for his class pictures.

oh and let me quote viperboy:

"5150, when I think of mw, I think of you. you ARE mw."

gg ***t

D

Deleted member

5150, isnt it about time for your monthly banning :p. Oh gimpy, i liek that lightshield hog. actually works quite well.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
ya uh get your facts straight i was @ pound2. i travel across mw all day. u srsly are just a ****ign 14yr old ***t who THINKs he can flame but just gets caught up in how he should comb his hair for his class pictures.

oh and let me quote viperboy:

"5150, when I think of mw, I think of you. you ARE mw."

gg ***t
Oh **** dude you really got me,

Look dude you're not anything to me, i don't give a **** how much you can flame when you can't back it up

Tell you what, how about you make another video of you comboing a Computer bowser OH ****TT.

Travel across MW all day wow you're the man, i don't care you haven't got the tourney placings or the skills to back up the **** you talk

Get ***** El Oh El

Banned via Administration
Oh **** dude you really got me,

Look dude you're not anything to me, i don't give a **** how much you can flame when you can't back it up

Tell you what, how about you make another video of you comboing a Computer bowser OH ****TT.

Travel across MW all day wow you're the man, i don't care you haven't got the tourney placings or the skills to back up the **** you talk

Get ***** El Oh El
dont get insecure dude its ok you can cry on SOMEONES shoulder over there that cares for you..........although idk if anyone does

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Having trouble with marth, how should i approach him?
approaching marth?

thats a dangerous idea!
That sounds about right.

Although the thought isn't much more inviting, make him whiff something, and then keep him at a position where he doesn't have everything available to him. Down-Throw into techchase; Back-Throw into F-Air if the opponent has the crazy tendency to feel that he's perfectly safe when he jumps afterwards. It really is all about reading the opponent with Bowser, I think, and especially so with Marth.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
with bowser, you want to dash grab as opposed to jc grabs, right? I think I remember hearing that...

what is the reason? IMO his dash isn't that long, so the range doesn't improve much does it?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If Bowser misses with his grab, he gets punished, if he misses with his dashgrab he still gets punished..

Why not add some extra range if you're just going to get hit anyways?

Repyh

Smash Journeyman
Omg i just realized gimpy uses "yeahyuhz" too... b00z3rs think alike! xD

so liek. falco = up b spam right?
but im fighting a really... really... reaaaally good falco (and fox... and marth... and litterally EVERY CHAR)

I just can't find any openings : /

tips anyone?

smash_pilgrim

Smash Cadet
bowser vs. fast charas (marth, shiek, fox, falco, c. falcon...etc)

my brothers own me alot and i admit i am a sucky player cause it takes me 2-3 times longer to process things even though i have a high iq. anyway they all use marth alot and i have seen videos of bowser **** marth on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbKWcU6_v8U like this one . His defensive abalities, weight, trarction, and power are kick *** so i know i could own my brothers but i need tips especialy on marth and falco. I do not belive in the tiers, and see them as an excuse for players who use charachters who are easy to abuse to say they are best. srry gimp but u dont have the best videos out there although they are still good. Just tell me the key moves to absolute pawnage of marth and falco.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
my brothers own me alot and i admit i am a sucky player cause it takes me 2-3 times longer to process things even though i have a high iq. anyway they all use marth alot and i have seen videos of bowser **** marth on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbKWcU6_v8U like this one . His defensive abalities, weight, trarction, and power are kick *** so i know i could own my brothers but i need tips especialy on marth and falco. I do not belive in the tiers, and see them as an excuse for players who use charachters who are easy to abuse to say they are best. srry gimp but u dont have the best videos out there although they are still good. Just tell me the key moves to absolute pawnage of marth and falco.
the best take on the most difficult journeys
I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Top Bottom