• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
*looks at title*

The first thing I thought of was the Power Rangers theme. :o Kinda upset that all the peaches are out though :\

IN OTHER NEWS. There has been a change in peachkid's aesthetics :D hint, Astigmatism

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Question for the Peaches since I still lurk here even though I haven't played Peach (or Brawl) in a while...

What is it that is holding Peach back? Has her potential been reached? I haven't seen anyone but Illmatic and Nicole play, but I know they are both very skilled players, and yet they both got knocked out early at MLG Dallas. Why is this? Thoughts?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
There just bad is all.... we all are... for now. People just need to learn there mu's. Nicole seems bad against wario, ill just I don't know lol marth. And the others got very good people early. I felt sorry for raz..... seibrik and havok.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Yeah I just heard about that MM. I hope that was recorded. I know Ill is good, but ****.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
There just bad is all.... we all are... for now. People just need to learn there mu's. Nicole seems bad against wario, ill just I don't know lol marth. And the others got very good people early. I felt sorry for raz..... seibrik and havok.
Heh...I'm not bad. The common scenario for me is I absolutely outplay a tough opponent and get momentum going until last stock. Then this absolutely free character of ours cannot kill for **** and they outlast me. Or I'll make a perfect read for something like a f-smash where the club would hit...and I get a pan...and get u-tilted by snake or something equally stupid.

I'm an overall good and smart player (self-praise of course, I really don't care), this character just sucks donkey balls in crunchtime situations. After playing my heart out today and JV 2 stocking Infern's Snake in the first game of our set, only to inevitably fall victim to Snake's...weight, stamina, and antics...I'm officially convinced of that. He knows I played my *** off.

I cannot play any harder and any smarter than I already do in tournament, especially as of late. This character is mentally exhausting (but I've learned to weather it for the most part...I main Fox in Melee after all), her random elements screw her over or help her greatly (but 50/50 scenarios like that are never as reliable as a solid read), no matter how much damage I build and how well I manage my moves to kill as early as possible...this ***** still can't kill and gets outlasted by most of the more important matchups.

It's ****ing infuriating. She's mediocre and I tried my best. I'll just use her in matchups that I know I can win or fight reasonably from now on. Trying to muscle through tournaments solo with her like most of us have been doing is asinine. Good luck with that.

On the bright side...my MK is getting very, very legit. Time to crack down with him a lot.

Xyless

Smash Master
No offense to Ill, but I don't really think Pika is that hard from personal experience.

Sure, I've been beaten by Anther every time we've played, but even I've taken a game off of him once (and then he took the set, of course).

On the bright side...my MK is getting very, very legit. Time to crack down with him a lot.
On the bright side...my Oli is getting very, very legit. Time to crack down with him a lot.

Moozle

Smash Champion
KB I beat your Peach and MK on wifi SO HAHA I'M BETTER UR BAD.

But yeah, it's frustrating when you know you could be doing better with another character. I've always been tempted to go Diddy in tournament but I always feel like im letting the princess down.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i never go strait peach, i have at least 8 secondaries, i just use peach more than the other 8, like lucario....i will...not use peach, against MK, it depends on their playstyle, if its wario i won't even think of switching off of peach. otherwise my other chars Ness/marth/fox/falco/bowser/DK/wario/or samus take care of pretty well lol. u guys should find me at some random tournies, i love to give fellow peaches MU experience.

Xyless

Smash Master
i never go strait peach, i have at least 8 secondaries, i just use peach more than the other 8, like lucario....i will...not use peach, against MK, it depends on their playstyle, if its wario i won't even think of switching off of peach. otherwise my other chars Ness/marth/fox/falco/bowser/DK/wario/or samus take care of pretty well lol. u guys should find me at some random tournies, i love to give fellow peaches MU experience.
Use B-stick, that's my strat against MK now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heh...I'm not bad. The common scenario for me is I absolutely outplay a tough opponent and get momentum going until last stock. Then this absolutely free character of ours cannot kill for **** and they outlast me. Or I'll make a perfect read for something like a f-smash where the club would hit...and I get a pan...and get u-tilted by snake or something equally stupid.

I'm an overall good and smart player (self-praise of course, I really don't care), this character just sucks donkey balls in crunchtime situations. After playing my heart out today and JV 2 stocking Infern's Snake in the first game of our set, only to inevitably fall victim to Snake's...weight, stamina, and antics...I'm officially convinced of that. He knows I played my *** off.

I cannot play any harder and any smarter than I already do in tournament, especially as of late. This character is mentally exhausting (but I've learned to weather it for the most part...I main Fox in Melee after all), her random elements screw her over or help her greatly (but 50/50 scenarios like that are never as reliable as a solid read), no matter how much damage I build and how well I manage my moves to kill as early as possible...this ***** still can't kill and gets outlasted by most of the more important matchups.

It's ****ing infuriating. She's mediocre and I tried my best. I'll just use her in matchups that I know I can win or fight reasonably from now on. Trying to muscle through tournaments solo with her like most of us have been doing is asinine. Good luck with that.

I think you should blame yourself and stop blaming the character. I'm sorry but I can't stand when people don't put the blame on themselves cause they are a lil fool of themselves. This is why People don't get better. I don't care for your lil common playstyle senario or w/e. You left MW twice for big events and look at what happen to you. you no different from others that fail with Peach at tourny. So to me you ain't good. Just in your area. You fail just like everyone other Peach player in the USA.

You are not perfect and you screw up. also not to cut *** on your region buit that are not all that. So I can't see you basing stuff so much on it. To actually say you played perfect and there is not much wrong with you. I been sensing this too much about you, same with a few people I am close with.

This same thing and talk from you happened before when you was running off to Pika. if you was really that much of a beast and nothing wrong with you, I would see you placing high at big tournies that matter. Thats the problem with this place you people can't admit anything and a lil foll of yourself. You Know how many times I say I am balls? I know alot yet play like a joke. Don't play with the brain I have. So obviously something is wrong with me. And I am not afriad to admit it and accept the truth. I'm not gonna BS my self to make myself feel good and be a lil full of it.

I just got home from a brawl training session that started at 3PM yesterday and ended at 5am. I had Bum and dire help me ut. They told me some smart and legit thing. And things I should be doing with Peach that I have neverdone sicne this games release. They were giving me so much advice and how I was playing. I was losing to Bum and wills DK. And some other people. After Dire and bum told me what to do. I just did it. I was doming so much better and taking out will and Bum. Bum, was even saying that way I was playing was so good he was getting so annoyed to play Peach and made a serious different. Even Will was having a hard time and was freaking lost. And before that he was just beating me bad.

And this is coming from a guy that thought he actually knew his play style and that it would solo do damage. yet they told me something that I have never EVER done. Peach now seems a lil more easier to play and win against. Evn getting kills. I decided to listen to Bum and dire. and try out what they told me, and they don't even play Peach. Even if I was to get out of my slump which I think with this I am nearly out of it. I would do alright in tournies. But not enough to do serious damage and a big one.

You seriously need to do the same and think you some hot shot with nothing wrong with you. I'll consider you and everyone in here, even myself good when I see you play high at a big tournament that matters, till then you still have work to do. And not blame it on your character. Sonics, ness and ikes beasting against brokem match ups and winning. So no excuse for you expect you need to step it up and take responsibility for your actions. And if you can't deal with it, just main meta knight anbd stick with him since you can't stand placing the way you and wanna go higher for the money. No one is stopping you.

Xyless

Smash Master
but....but B-stick.....eeeeeeeeeeew i can't do it.
I've done quite a bit of research on B-sticking lately, and I honestly think it adds more to this matchup than it takes away, considering it's already recommended to take this matchup more defensively and pick your fights. It gets you away from a lot of his shenanigans, and the only downside really is the fact that you have to reconfigure your controller use, which does take a while.

I'm gonna try B-sticking for serious at the next tourney I go to...which might be a while, but we'll see!

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master

I completely understand the way you feel. A lot of people in melee has had that feeling ish. I've said it before and I"ll say it again. I find nothing wrong with having a secondary. Thus is why I'm learning Olimar. I however feel that I have not reached my limit with Peach yet. So much that I want to learn and know. A great reminder of this was when I saw Yami's vid in the video thread which I will be updating today. I found his tech skill amazing. But I felt he lacked a few other things. In the end it's true that Peach can't sadly kill that last stock when pro players put on that defense game on. When it comes to me the only character I can't seem to kill is mk. Everyone else ether they are better than me or I lose because I went aggro or tried something this I shouldn't have. But no one is the same nor can have the same mindset as others which is why I always say what I do or how I feel on something.

I don't know where in getting at XD just keep playing Peach more with a splash of MK. Your still a great Peach in my book.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I completely understand the way you feel. A lot of people in melee has had that feeling ish. I've said it before and I"ll say it again. I find nothing wrong with having a secondary. Thus is why I'm learning Olimar. I however feel that I have not reached my limit with Peach yet. So much that I want to learn and know. A great reminder of this was when I saw Yami's vid in the video thread which I will be updating today. I found his tech skill amazing. But I felt he lacked a few other things. In the end it's true that Peach can't sadly kill that last stock when pro players put on that defense game on. When it comes to me the only character I can't seem to kill is mk. Everyone else ether they are better than me or I lose because I went aggro or tried something this I shouldn't have. But no one is the same nor can have the same mindset as others which is why I always say what I do or how I feel on something.

I don't know where in getting at XD just keep playing Peach more with a splash of MK. Your still a great Peach in my book.
Thanks, this is a realistic answer and I respect that. That is probably what I'll end up doing. :3

@ Dark- If you're going to sit there and accuse me of thinking of myself as some "hot shot" or having some sort of ego just because I've admitted that I've reached my limit with Peach; that implies that you're not looking at the bigger picture nor can you relate to what I'm thinking simply because you're so adamant about maining solo Peach and always have been. That is fine...do what you want to do, but like I said in my other post...I know when I've played my very best and I'm capable of realizing when it is my character that is starting to hold me back. Solo Peach in tournament is not going to cut it for the goals I have as a player. I'm tired of leaving from a tournament disappointed at getting 5th. I want top 3. I want first. I like to win, and I hate being exhausted by the time winners finals comes around if I make it that far. Capice?

I'll tell you the same thing I told a couple of people at the tournament yesterday who told me the same thing about Sonics, Ike, and Ness players doing work: Their characters may be low-mid tier...but they have the important qualities that Peach does not have that enable them to outlast their opponent or get the kills they need. They can all kill reliably, Sonic can flee, Ness can kill easily from a grab, Ike...has a great jab game and great kill power, all of their airdodges are at least decent, they don't fall at the speed of molasses, etc. That's the difference between those characters and Peach. That is why they can weather the storm and create upsets. I'm tired of just coming close every time with my character.

Oh and don't say anything about the Midwest until you've at least been to one of our larger tournaments. We're underrated and I'm quite tired of defending my point on it around the boards. That's why I'm glad MJG ***** everyone and their mother yesterday. If you discredit my words simply because of the region I live in (and Ohio is arguably the toughest state in the MW, with Kansas being very close in comparison I believe)...then no comment. Travel out of Atlantic North more.

Xyless

Smash Master
Oh and don't say anything about the Midwest until you've at least been to one of our larger tournaments. We're underrated and I'm quite tired of defending my point on it around the boards. That's why I'm glad MJG ***** everyone and their mother yesterday. If you discredit my words simply because of the region I live in (and Ohio is arguably the toughest state in the MW, with Kansas being very close in comparison I believe)...then no comment. Travel out of Atlantic North more.
I think MW underrates itself, and really screws itself over because there are NO TOURNAMENTS OUT HERE.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I think MW underrates itself, and really screws itself over because there are NO TOURNAMENTS OUT HERE.
Maybe in the region in general yeah but Ohio is active as ****. There's a tournament like every weekend or at least three weekends out of a month. xD

Xyless

Smash Master
Maybe in the region in general yeah but Ohio is active as ****. There's a tournament like every weekend or at least three weekends out of a month. xD
You guys should advertise each one to the IL/MI boards or something. We've been completely dry out here in IL, and I know a certain Peach main in MI has been looking for tourneys.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
KB I beat your Peach and MK on wifi SO HAHA I'M BETTER UR BAD.

But yeah, it's frustrating when you know you could be doing better with another character. I've always been tempted to go Diddy in tournament but I always feel like im letting the princess down.
Thats also how I kinda feel. I would go use another character but I put so much time into perfecting Peach, I dont even switch to my secondaries. I'm scared whenever I do get results at tournaments there wont be a :peach: icon next to my name, but the character I did do exceptionally well as, when I want to do good as Peach.

Now I might pick up MK because hes kinda fun lol.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Doubt anyone remembers me, but I have a friend that's lost interest in his Wii after getting an Xbox, so I'm going to borrow it and work my way back into this community :bee:

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Just remember because you pick someone doesn't mean you will get auto great placings. Just like Peach other characters take work. Also you don't have to leave Peach to play another character. Its called duel main I believe?

L33T

Smash Cadet
all of us peaches that went the farthest in bracket (me, ill, raz) all got out at the same time. ='( at mlg

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
Thanks, this is a realistic answer and I respect that. That is probably what I'll end up doing. :3

@ Dark- If you're going to sit there and accuse me of thinking of myself as some "hot shot" or having some sort of ego just because I've admitted that I've reached my limit with Peach; that implies that you're not looking at the bigger picture nor can you relate to what I'm thinking simply because you're so adamant about maining solo Peach and always have been. That is fine...do what you want to do, but like I said in my other post...I know when I've played my very best and I'm capable of realizing when it is my character that is starting to hold me back. Solo Peach in tournament is not going to cut it for the goals I have as a player. I'm tired of leaving from a tournament disappointed at getting 5th. I want top 3. I want first. I like to win, and I hate being exhausted by the time winners finals comes around if I make it that far. Capice?

I'll tell you the same thing I told a couple of people at the tournament yesterday who told me the same thing about Sonics, Ike, and Ness players doing work: Their characters may be low-mid tier...but they have the important qualities that Peach does not have that enable them to outlast their opponent or get the kills they need. They can all kill reliably, Sonic can flee, Ness can kill easily from a grab, Ike...has a great jab game and great kill power, all of their airdodges are at least decent, they don't fall at the speed of molasses, etc. That's the difference between those characters and Peach. That is why they can weather the storm and create upsets. I'm tired of just coming close every time with my character.

I kind of agree with dark in the sense that it's you who is at fault and not peach; but i disagree with dark in the sense that it's because you're not trying hard enough, it's cause you play her like you would play a high tier.

You say your play style is to always be as efficient as possible, this will work for a high tier but not for peach. You know way more than i do what happens when you play peach as efficient as possible, close and exhausting matches that end up with the other person winning. Peach won't win the way you play her. Constant efficiency is not how you should play her, or any midtier, because she doesn't have the tools to stay constantly efficient and still win.

This brings up two things you forgot when comparing the viability of those three with peach. The first one is all the things she has that makes her better than them (like amazing priority and a better recovery in most casses). The second more important thing is that they know when to make risks and have them pay off while you do not. If peach takes risks and they payoff, she may not have as much trouble killing.

There is nothing wrong with your play style of wanting constant efficiency, but do not expect to achieve your goals as peach or any midtier. Stick with a high tier who can be constantly efficient and pull of the win without being as exhausting.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I could have told you that, Xy. XD

And yes, KB. Please, PLEASE tell us when the tournaments are going on, or have something in your sig. Anything, really. I'm tired of sitting around and not going to tournaments because I don't find out fast enough. -_-;

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I kind of agree with dark in the sense that it's you who is at fault and not peach; but i disagree with dark in the sense that it's because you're not trying hard enough, it's cause you play her like you would play a high tier.

You say your play style is to always be as efficient as possible, this will work for a high tier but not for peach. You know way more than i do what happens when you play peach as efficient as possible, close and exhausting matches that end up with the other person winning. Peach won't win the way you play her. Constant efficiency is not how you should play her, or any midtier, because she doesn't have the tools to stay constantly efficient and still win.

This brings up two things you forgot when comparing the viability of those three with peach. The first one is all the things she has that makes her better than them (like amazing priority and a better recovery in most casses). The second more important thing is that they know when to make risks and have them pay off while you do not. If peach takes risks and they payoff, she may not have as much trouble killing.

There is nothing wrong with your play style of wanting constant efficiency, but do not expect to achieve your goals as peach or any midtier. Stick with a high tier who can be constantly efficient and pull of the win without being as exhausting.
When have I ever said I advocate constant efficiency? My speeches and opinions on not playing stupid do not warrant that.

Secondly, you've never seen me play in person nor have played me yourself, so there's no way you could have formed an accurate estimation of my general playstyle. Whatever you're believing is stuff you've seen off of the handful of my vids...which is equivalent to finding a needle in a haystack since my playstyle changes almost completely according to matchup and terrain.

Lol...I take risks quite often actually, they're just not apparent or present in those vids. Like I said, I just don't advocate playing stupid in general (stuff like fast falling a nair or misspacing a fair on the opponent's shield and deliberately falling into their grab range, common sense stuff like that). My style is passive aggressive, so I take "efficient risks" if that makes any sense...risks that I feel I can at least prevent losing a stock over or something equally as drastic.

I honestly believe some of you are trying to hold on too tight to this character even after a certain point of enlightenment (the long drought of any placings as good as Excel's in mid sized tournaments and the lack of any placings equal to or better than Edrees' 17th at a national). I don't blame myself for hitting a plateau in terms of placings, I blame this character and I'm sticking to that. I know when it's time to focus on a better central character and consider using her only where she is necessary and truly useful (against matchups I know very well like Wario/GnW and against other matchups that I don't feel are completely one-sided from the get go).

Again, good luck to you all who want to remain solo Peach in tournament and hope to do very well, I'll be rooting for you; but I'm taking a different route now.

@ Mikey- I had no idea you were so hungry for tournament action. I'll definitely keep you posted then. :3

Top Bottom