• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
When have I ever said I advocate constant efficiency? My speeches and opinions on not playing stupid do not warrant that.

Secondly, you've never seen me play in person nor have played me yourself, so there's no way you could have formed an accurate estimation of my general playstyle. Whatever you're believing is stuff you've seen off of the handful of my vids...which is equivalent to finding a needle in a haystack since my playstyle changes almost completely according to matchup and terrain.

Lol...I take risks quite often actually, they're just not apparent or present in those vids. Like I said, I just don't advocate playing stupid in general (stuff like fast falling a nair or misspacing a fair on the opponent's shield and deliberately falling into their grab range, common sense stuff like that). My style is passive aggressive, so I take "efficient risks" if that makes any sense...risks that I feel I can at least prevent losing a stock over or something equally as drastic.

I honestly believe some of you are trying to hold on too tight to this character even after a certain point of enlightenment (the long drought of any placings as good as Excel's in mid sized tournaments and the lack of any placings equal to or better than Edrees' 17th at a national). I don't blame myself for hitting a plateau in terms of placings, I blame this character and I'm sticking to that. I know when it's time to focus on a better central character and consider using her only where she is necessary and truly useful (against matchups I know very well like Wario/GnW and against other matchups that I don't feel are completely one-sided from the get go).

Again, good luck to you all who want to remain solo Peach in tournament and hope to do very well, I'll be rooting for you; but I'm taking a different route now.

@ Mikey- I had no idea you were so hungry for tournament action. I'll definitely keep you posted then. :3
Wait a minute.....

(stuff like fast falling a nair or misspacing a fair on the opponent's shield and deliberately falling into their grab range, common sense stuff like that).
stuff like fast falling a nair
<.<

gantrain05

Smash Master
i throw myself into bad situations against people all the time just to see how they like to react to them, then i condition them into it, and then last stock is when they pay.........

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks, this is a realistic answer and I respect that. That is probably what I'll end up doing. :3

@ Dark- If you're going to sit there and accuse me of thinking of myself as some "hot shot" or having some sort of ego just because I've admitted that I've reached my limit with Peach; that implies that you're not looking at the bigger picture nor can you relate to what I'm thinking simply because you're so adamant about maining solo Peach and always have been. That is fine...do what you want to do, but like I said in my other post...I know when I've played my very best and I'm capable of realizing when it is my character that is starting to hold me back. Solo Peach in tournament is not going to cut it for the goals I have as a player. I'm tired of leaving from a tournament disappointed at getting 5th. I want top 3. I want first. I like to win, and I hate being exhausted by the time winners finals comes around if I make it that far. Capice?

I'll tell you the same thing I told a couple of people at the tournament yesterday who told me the same thing about Sonics, Ike, and Ness players doing work: Their characters may be low-mid tier...but they have the important qualities that Peach does not have that enable them to outlast their opponent or get the kills they need. They can all kill reliably, Sonic can flee, Ness can kill easily from a grab, Ike...has a great jab game and great kill power, all of their airdodges are at least decent, they don't fall at the speed of molasses, etc. That's the difference between those characters and Peach. That is why they can weather the storm and create upsets. I'm tired of just coming close every time with my character.

Oh and don't say anything about the Midwest until you've at least been to one of our larger tournaments. We're underrated and I'm quite tired of defending my point on it around the boards. That's why I'm glad MJG ***** everyone and their mother yesterday. If you discredit my words simply because of the region I live in (and Ohio is arguably the toughest state in the MW, with Kansas being very close in comparison I believe)...then no comment. Travel out of Atlantic North more.
Hmm, I was expecting you to flame me or get butt hurt. Lots of people do when I give real talk to them. Shocked you didn't.

And I still say you have not used Peach to her full power and making excuses. Ike is a reversed Peach. He has power but his kill moves are hard to land. Cause people can easily see them and bait it. Also easy to punish then they have high cool down time. Peach can land kill moves but is not some power house.

Sonic has a really hard time killing people. He has to rely on an up-B set up to kill off the top which aint easy. Then his strongiest move is a Fsmash which you can see coming. His next kill move that is good is his back air and that is not easy to land either. And he has alot of stupid match ups along with Ike.

Ness is ok with killing. Really with Bthrow. but outside his Fair, Ness range is not good. And has to get inside people to do Damage. And it is not like he can camp to get damage ether. So is one has good range and spacing, Ness is having a hard time getting in and dealing damage. And his recovery can be abused well by lots of characters.

Peach has a better time and match ups then these three. Plus she has more tools. Way more damm tools and can be play in many ways. Character is versitale as ****.

Next I doubt you actually sat down and learned to master and abuse ALL her techs. Then worked on applying them on all match ups. I also doubt you actually sat down and tested out killing on all characters and see at excactly what Percent they will die. Then create a way to get all that damage on them and proceed to plan on that kill when they are at death%. Also at high levels of play too. On all stages. There has not been one Peach in the world that has done this. NO ONE AT ALL. And you gonna sit here and told me you have actually tried everything and it is Peach fault. Don't work that way. All that I said you HAVE too do and use. If you don't you are actually limiting the character and yourself. Simple words? You are sandbaging, thus get the placing you actually earned for it. All this beast and sick tools and none being abused hardcore? Come on dude.

Sorry dude but I find that being a coward. Again if these three characters are beasting, there is no excuse what so ever that Peach isnt do a damm thing in tournaments. it's the players fault. Every failure I had till this day I blame myself. I am not gonna sick here and blame my character just to make myself feel good as a player. And always will. The hell am I gonna blame my character with others worst then her are beasting in big tournies. While I still fail in local ones? Makes no sense. You for once need to take responsibility for your actions.

When I actually Play like the Peach no one has tried and still fail, THEN I will say Peach can't really do it. Cause I brokwe the core on Peach's hidden power and it still was not good evnough.I was not even playing like that and in 2009 and I was beasting in tournaments. Even Hacked SNES. Then me being ranked as 1-3 best Peach in the nation. Excel and edreese was getting it in too. And none of us three was playing Peach to her full power. So imagine if I actually did. (when I fully get out of this year slump that is) I can sense myself doing amazing **** and placing really well. Making money in this region and even taking tournaments. No damm doubt in my mind that **** can't happen. Dire and bum taught me so much **** yeserday its crazy, and when I started playing I seriously felt and played better then I did in 2009 Next tourny its done. I need to square off with top NYC players now and test/work on this. If I do well and win, it's done. Dark.Pch is seriously back at full power.

You said you wanna play top three or first for that matter and get money right? Maybe even stand out more in the community as a player and be somebody. Then do it. No one is stopping you and a big reason people play this game competitively. There is seriously nothing wrong with it. But I for one won't be impressed if youget first at tournies there siding meta knight. I see people do it all the time. When people play really high with mid tiers, they usually side meta. So I really don't find it impressive or care much for a player who sides the best character in the game to place high then start getting money for it. Happens alot.

If you was to place in the money alot and win tournaments, I would not see you as the best Peach main. I would just see you as a good player in general with a good Peach. If we was to play in the same tournaments and You was to place three spots higher than me each time while you side meta, I would consider myself a better Peach main then you. But you would just be a better player in general cause you out placing me and counterpicking with meta knight. And making money. That's really you should give a damm about honestly.

I doubt you are even gonna agree with all of this. Then again people hardly agree with what I say around here or even listen for that matter. I don't tell or force anyone to do so anyway. You do and say what you want. But thats how I feel about it and I can't stand people that blame thier character when others have it worst and do better. Also when Peach has so many tools and **** none are abusing hardcore.

I kind of agree with dark in the sense that it's you who is at fault and not peach; but i disagree with dark in the sense that it's because you're not trying hard enough, it's cause you play her like you would play a high tier.

You say your play style is to always be as efficient as possible, this will work for a high tier but not for peach. You know way more than i do what happens when you play peach as efficient as possible, close and exhausting matches that end up with the other person winning. Peach won't win the way you play her. Constant efficiency is not how you should play her, or any midtier, because she doesn't have the tools to stay constantly efficient and still win.

This brings up two things you forgot when comparing the viability of those three with peach. The first one is all the things she has that makes her better than them (like amazing priority and a better recovery in most casses). The second more important thing is that they know when to make risks and have them pay off while you do not. If peach takes risks and they payoff, she may not have as much trouble killing.

There is nothing wrong with your play style of wanting constant efficiency, but do not expect to achieve your goals as peach or any midtier. Stick with a high tier who can be constantly efficient and pull of the win without being as exhausting.
Who are you and what have you done with Demi-Peach? Someone this hardcore and real can't be him.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You consider me a coward and not as good a Peach as anyone else because I use other characters, Dark?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You consider me a coward and not as good a Peach as anyone else because I use other characters, Dark?
Not at all. I consider you a coward cause you blame the character and not yourself. Maybe couward is the wrong world for it. if there is a better would for one that won't blame himself and take responsibility for his actions, then replace it with "coward"

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Hi guys. I'm on a phone at the moment on the ride home so lll keep it short. Although I placed terribly I had a great time at MLG. I met all the Other peaches and they were all amazing. Nicole is a very patient and smart player, raz knows alot of statistics, peachguard has potential and leet did good too. I knew going into the tournament that I didn't know the marty matchup. I ran into a really good Marty round one and lost. I was nervous. Salty, because I could have won I proceeded to three stocking a bunch of people in losers then I ran into the same Marth and lost in continuation. I should have just beaten him round one when I could have, but I was nervous. On the bright side, after the the tournament I learned the matchup from pierc7d because we became friends he taught me alot and I shouldn't lose to a Marth anytime soon. After I was out I squeezed in money matches in any chances o could have I won $65 in total in a one day period. I lost to choice because I suicides at 9% but no johns. And I lost to atomsk's ddd. I beat t mac's ddd twice 2-0, raz's snake and MK 2-0 in a salty runback. Oat's Lucas. Neon's dk and rob. Dakpo's zss which is incredible, jnig's wario, atomsk's peach, and esam's pikachu 2-0 exam is a cool guy, and has an incrdible pikachu, he said if I knew the Marty matchup beforehand I would have been a serious threat, which was an honor. I also played nick's zss in friendlies and went 1-1. Overall disregarding tournament performance I think I improved tenfold, by the end of the tournament I felt as though I was at top level. I've been reading previous posts and you seem mad salty dark, for what reason I don't know but if you were in tournament I would root for you so please keep your comments to yourself. I'm going to stick win peach because I'm beginning to discover speed and tricks with the character that I doubt anyone has discovered before. Hoping for the best at whobo 3. Btw I loved the hype crowd in my match vs esam, too good.

Xyless

Smash Master
That was surprisingly long. I'll try to separate it a little nicer for you (phones suck at that).

Hi guys. I'm on a phone at the moment on the ride home so lll keep it short. Although I placed terribly I had a great time at MLG. I met all the Other peaches and they were all amazing. Nicole is a very patient and smart player, raz knows alot of statistics, peachguard has potential and leet did good too.

I knew going into the tournament that I didn't know the marty matchup. I ran into a really good Marty round one and lost. I was nervous. Salty, because I could have won I proceeded to three stocking a bunch of people in losers then I ran into the same Marth and lost in continuation. I should have just beaten him round one when I could have, but I was nervous. On the bright side, after the the tournament I learned the matchup from pierc7d because we became friends he taught me alot and I shouldn't lose to a Marth anytime soon.

After I was out I squeezed in money matches in any chances o could have I won $65 in total in a one day period. I lost to choice because I suicides at 9% but no johns. And I lost to atomsk's ddd. I beat t mac's ddd twice 2-0, raz's snake and MK 2-0 in a salty runback. Oat's Lucas. Neon's dk and rob. Dakpo's zss which is incredible, jnig's wario, atomsk's peach, and esam's pikachu 2-0 exam is a cool guy, and has an incrdible pikachu, he said if I knew the Marty matchup beforehand I would have been a serious threat, which was an honor. I also played nick's zss in friendlies and went 1-1.

Overall disregarding tournament performance I think I improved tenfold, by the end of the tournament I felt as though I was at top level. I've been reading previous posts and you seem mad salty dark, for what reason I don't know but if you were in tournament I would root for you so please keep your comments to yourself. I'm going to stick win peach because I'm beginning to discover speed and tricks with the character that I doubt anyone has discovered before. Hoping for the best at whobo 3.

Btw I loved the hype crowd in my match vs esam, too good.

z00ted

Thanks for that! And lol I mispelled Marth multiple times.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have nothing to be salty about. I just staed what I felt based on how people played and know. yet does not mean i wanted you all to fail.

Aso don't say things like

"I'm beginning to discover speed and tricks with the character that I doubt anyone has discovered before" Cause I doubt you seriouly have You still have alot to learn about this game and even this character dude. it is gonna lead to you being arrogant once again and then and people getting into fights with you.

And Jerm has told you this. We aint saying this to make you feel like ****. We saying it to help you and and get better. You are new to the competitive world in brawl. So actually take advice from people that have been doing it for years. I just DK some advice from bum, tire and WIll on Peach and they don't use her at all. Did what they told me and now I feel seriously different.

Look at it that way dude.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Hi guys. I'm on a phone at the moment on the ride home so lll keep it short. Although I placed terribly I had a great time at MLG. I met all the Other peaches and they were all amazing. Nicole is a very patient and smart player, raz knows alot of statistics, peachguard has potential and leet did good too. I knew going into the tournament that I didn't know the marty matchup. I ran into a really good Marty round one and lost. I was nervous. Salty, because I could have won I proceeded to three stocking a bunch of people in losers then I ran into the same Marth and lost in continuation. I should have just beaten him round one when I could have, but I was nervous. On the bright side, after the the tournament I learned the matchup from pierc7d because we became friends he taught me alot and I shouldn't lose to a Marth anytime soon. After I was out I squeezed in money matches in any chances o could have I won $65 in total in a one day period. I lost to choice because I suicides at 9% but no johns. And I lost to atomsk's ddd. I beat t mac's ddd twice 2-0, raz's snake and MK 2-0 in a salty runback. Oat's Lucas. Neon's dk and rob. Dakpo's zss which is incredible, jnig's wario, atomsk's peach, and esam's pikachu 2-0 exam is a cool guy, and has an incrdible pikachu, he said if I knew the Marty matchup beforehand I would have been a serious threat, which was an honor. I also played nick's zss in friendlies and went 1-1. Overall disregarding tournament performance I think I improved tenfold, by the end of the tournament I felt as though I was at top level. I've been reading previous posts and you seem mad salty dark, for what reason I don't know but if you were in tournament I would root for you so please keep your comments to yourself. I'm going to stick win peach because I'm beginning to discover speed and tricks with the character that I doubt anyone has discovered before. Hoping for the best at whobo 3. Btw I loved the hype crowd in my match vs esam, too good.
Thats a pretty large post from a phone, must have been a thrill lol

Glad you had a great time at MLG bro. Wished I could've gone though, hope to see you at WHOBO3!

z00ted

Aso don't say things like

"I'm beginning to discover speed and tricks with the character that I doubt anyone has discovered before" Cause I doubt you seriouly have You still have alot to learn about this game and even this character dude. it is gonna lead to you being arrogant once again and then and people getting into fights with you.

And Jerm has told you this. We aint saying this to make you feel like ****. We saying it to help you and and get better. You are new to the competitive world in brawl. So actually take advice from people that have been doing it for years. I just DK some advice from bum, tire and WIll on Peach and they don't use her at all. Did what they told me and now I feel seriously different.

Look at it that way dude.
alright then

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Thanks, this is a realistic answer and I respect that. That is probably what I'll end up doing. :3

@ Dark- If you're going to sit there and accuse me of thinking of myself as some "hot shot" or having some sort of ego just because I've admitted that I've reached my limit with Peach; that implies that you're not looking at the bigger picture nor can you relate to what I'm thinking simply because you're so adamant about maining solo Peach and always have been. That is fine...do what you want to do, but like I said in my other post...I know when I've played my very best and I'm capable of realizing when it is my character that is starting to hold me back. Solo Peach in tournament is not going to cut it for the goals I have as a player. I'm tired of leaving from a tournament disappointed at getting 5th. I want top 3. I want first. I like to win, and I hate being exhausted by the time winners finals comes around if I make it that far. Capice?

I'll tell you the same thing I told a couple of people at the tournament yesterday who told me the same thing about Sonics, Ike, and Ness players doing work: Their characters may be low-mid tier...but they have the important qualities that Peach does not have that enable them to outlast their opponent or get the kills they need. They can all kill reliably, Sonic can flee, Ness can kill easily from a grab, Ike...has a great jab game and great kill power, all of their airdodges are at least decent, they don't fall at the speed of molasses, etc. That's the difference between those characters and Peach. That is why they can weather the storm and create upsets. I'm tired of just coming close every time with my character.

Oh and don't say anything about the Midwest until you've at least been to one of our larger tournaments. We're underrated and I'm quite tired of defending my point on it around the boards. That's why I'm glad MJG ***** everyone and their mother yesterday. If you discredit my words simply because of the region I live in (and Ohio is arguably the toughest state in the MW, with Kansas being very close in comparison I believe)...then no comment. Travel out of Atlantic North more.
KB...pulling...a LABRON! I likey, lol!

Tbh, Peach is still AVERAGE, even w/ all the fancy ATs, bone-walking, and tricks; she's still only very slightly above-average. I've mained her for over a year, and even w/ all the hard work I've put into her; I've only seen average results. Although, it's the player that makes the character, not the game. So if you spent the time into Peach, you can still be as good as other top players, but it might just take longer.

I always tell myself to compare/contrast. Let's say...you spent 2 months learning ALL you can about the ICs. You would learn a lot, probably almost mastering the most basic chaingrab(b-throw, d-throw), along w/ their basics, and more than a few desynchs, their general recovery game, and a few more other tricks.

Now...let's say you spent the same amount of time into Peach.

Now compare it to learning MK, Marth, or Snake.

Because of the "better" character's base features-you more than likely would be better off from the time you spent learning a better character.

I'm not discrediting anyone. You Peaches have spent A TON of work, time, dedication, and money to get where you are right now. If you want to continue the path of becoming a top player w/ Peach, go right ahead! It is very possible, but the path to getting there is probably longer than the path to a better character(idk since I'm not a high/top level player; just a hunce).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
KB...pulling...a LABRON! I likey, lol!

Tbh, Peach is still AVERAGE, even w/ all the fancy ATs, bone-walking, and tricks; she's still only very slightly above-average. I've mained her for over a year, and even w/ all the hard work I've put into her; I've only seen average results. Although, it's the player that makes the character, not the game. So if you spent the time into Peach, you can still be as good as other top players, but it might just take longer.
Cause you mained her for a year and tired that don't mean anything at all. You werent as good as the other top Peach players Nor did anything big/good with her. So saying all that cause of that weak experience means nothing. I don't recall you abuse all her advance takes and mating them in all match ups for youto even say this.

I always tell myself to compare/contrast. Let's say...you spent 2 months learning ALL you can about the ICs. You would learn a lot, probably almost mastering the most basic chaingrab(b-throw, d-throw), along w/ their basics, and more than a few desynchs, their general recovery game, and a few more other tricks.

Now...let's say you spent the same amount of time into Peach.

Now compare it to learning MK, Marth, or Snake.

Because of the "better" character's base features-you more than likely would be better off from the time you spent learning a better character.
This does not mean anything ether. If a character is better than the other, they they will have better chances of wining. That simple. Yet this has nothing to do with playing Peach at her best cause simple no one has. Same time no Peach is as smart or on the level of top players.

I'm not discrediting anyone. You Peaches have spent A TON of work, time, dedication, and money to get where you are right now. If you want to continue the path of becoming a top player w/ Peach, go right ahead! It is very possible, but the path to getting there is probably longer than the path to a better character(idk since I'm not a high/top level player; just a hunce).
When I see Peach players abusing and mastering all she can do, then we will talk like this. Can put all the time and money you want. if you are doing it wrong, then not much is gonna happen. You saying with all of Peach advance stuff being abused, not much would happen. What you are basing right now is Peach players not on pro level, losing to alot of characters other than meta knight and not abuse all the tools Peach has. Thats what everyone base Peach on. Like I decided to try bone walking and free pull on DDD and just camp the **** out of him. That much up is much better and. DDD has a hard time dealing with Peach That **** was amazing when I saw how this match was going down.

No Peach has abused that in the match up at all. When that **** ****s him up hard. Vex once told me he thinks that Peach would slighty Beats DDD if she just camped him hard. Now I know Peach out camps DDD and makes it hard for DDD to get in. But bone walking and freepull just makes it better. That fat duck is done.

See? **** like this people not abusing. Important techs like this people not mastering and abusing in match ups. And people gonna sit here and say the stuff I been hearing for days now. Sorry but hell no. None using her at full power, try, fail, then be like "oh she can't do this, I went all out and nothing" Blame yourselves and not the characters. Lower tier characters dowing so much owngae. While Peach players are not even on pro level and not abuse all she can do. And you seriously think this? Not trying to hear that dude. hell no.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Lol Evil-Guy I genuinely cackled.

Good **** Ill, sounds like you learned a lot. Now you just have to place really high at whobo :bee:

z00ted

Like Xyro said, it was my first national.

It was basically for the experience and understanding the learning curves of other players.

One small matchup caused an ultimate failure, but now I can go home work on it as well as other things and come back even stronger.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Ill, next time you go to a national tournament, you'll be ****** right~~? Cuz you'll go pro soon, riiiiiiight? :D

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
One day, all the Peachs will gather in a huge national tournament and we'll all get top 16. That's right. Top 16 of all Peachs. :D

COME ON, WE'VE GOT THIS!!! :)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
People should throw me stuff via PM so I don't lose it.

I know I have to update. :mad:

gantrain05

Smash Master
im too computer ******** to know how to get a photo on here, u guys still don't know who i am, hold on, im gonna figure this stuff out.

totally me attempting to be cool in my sawnik shirt.........im lamesauce lol

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm busy at the moment finishing an art project.

>.>

<.<

Yes... busy with art...

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
niggga stfu my one day peach ****ed the **** out of yourws sonjas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 ATOMSK NIGGUUHHHHqa

Top Bottom