• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Nordal

Smash Lord
Did everyone enjoy Jeopardy? I'll try to make more sometime this week since I'll have time to come up with questions. I'll probably make them bi-weekly since I can get busy with school sometimes. If you guys want a weekend day go with sunday, saturday is my drinking day.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I just went against a marth yesterday for the first time with Peach.

._.

Ow. Like major ow.

Is the right way to play that MU super defensively? I was playing normally at first but it didn't turn out pretty at all but when I played defensively it got...somewhat better?

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero

._.

Ow. Like major ow.

Is the right way to play that MU super defensively? I was playing normally at first but it didn't turn out pretty at all but when I played defensively it got...somewhat better?

The MU is basically playing defensively and waiting for openings to get in and rack up some damage. I find racking damage on Marth isn't that difficult once you find that opening, it's getting the kill, not just because Peach lacks killing power, but because Marth outranges her, and can keep her out so well. This is just my own opinion, but I think Peach's bair is one of the best attacks she has against Marth. It can beat out a misspaced fair, and when fresh, it can kill at decently low percents (for Peach)

But yeah, don't be afraid to camp Marth with turnips as well as Peach can, because he has no projectiles of his own to retaliate. I wouldn't say play super defensively, just stay on the defensive side, and get aggressive when you get the chance, momentum is key, imo, and keep Marth in the air if possible, he doesn't have the easiest time getting back down.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant

._.

Ow. Like major ow.

One thing you should always know is NEVER under any circumstances NEVER fight against Marth in the air.
Everything he has is faster and has more priority then you.
Try and wall him on the ground, get a good space between you and him and make him approach.
If he does then he's put in a bad position and you can punish him.

Also, quoted to see my sig :]~

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
lol****ingdair
*slaps* Boy, that's like telling me to breathe when I ask how to live! I appreciate it though. <3
We have a chain grab on him, until ~50
Thank you! I never knew that.
In that case, I got something to say to you.

You can go **** yourself.
Oooh, kinky. Only if you do me afterwards. ;3
/Dajayman moment

The MU is basically playing defensively and waiting for openings to get in and rack up some damage. I find racking damage on Marth isn't that difficult once you find that opening, it's getting the kill, not just because Peach lacks killing power, but because Marth outranges her, and can keep her out so well. This is just my own opinion, but I think Peach's bair is one of the best attacks she has against Marth. It can beat out a misspaced fair, and when fresh, it can kill at decently low percents (for Peach)

But yeah, don't be afraid to camp Marth with turnips as well as Peach can, because he has no projectiles of his own to retaliate. I wouldn't say play super defensively, just stay on the defensive side, and get aggressive when you get the chance, momentum is key, imo, and keep Marth in the air if possible, he doesn't have the easiest time getting back down.
I hear peach's dash attack is good against an f-air happy Marth as well. Watch out for his dolphin slash (or w/e it's called) OoS. At higher percents, that move can kill you.

I killed a Marth earlier today with a b-air at ~100 percent near the ledge of smashville. It sent him at a really nasty trajectory (kinda like the direction Zelda's d-smash sends you in); I don't think he would have made it back on stage even if he survived the hit. I'm loving n-air, b-air, and u-air more than ever now. <3

This thread moves way too fast. We weren't in the 2000s earlier this week. I bet if I come back in a couple of hours, I'll have another five pages of stuff to sift through.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
I must have had a sign on my back all this time that says "I'm gay, open to anyone"
That reminds me of the time back in high school when some guy put a note on my bag that said "Will take any guy to prom". I walked around with it for half of the day. I had no idea it was there until someone FINALLY pointed it out to me, but the damage was already done. xD

GUYS
OMG
I'M SO CONFUSED. WHAT'S THE ANSWER TO THIS?
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=109163
:troll:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Stop using these big fancy words.
Look again.

The words are now DIAMONDS.

Also:
Double entendre just means using a word (or phrase) that can have two meanings, both of them making sense. In this case "open to anyone".

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
The two meanings are that you're open to people because you're gay, or that you're sexually open to everyone that is gay.

There's the two meanings for you, Dark. ^_^;

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

One thing you should always know is NEVER under any circumstances NEVER fight against Marth in the air.
Everything he has is faster and has more priority then you.
Try and wall him on the ground, get a good space between you and him and make him approach.
If he does then he's put in a bad position and you can punish him.

Also, quoted to see my sig :]~
I hear peach's dash attack is good against an f-air happy Marth as well. Watch out for his dolphin slash (or w/e it's called) OoS. At higher percents, that move can kill you.

I killed a Marth earlier today with a b-air at ~100 percent near the ledge of smashville. It sent him at a really nasty trajectory (kinda like the direction Zelda's d-smash sends you in); I don't think he would have made it back on stage even if he survived the hit. I'm loving n-air, b-air, and u-air more than ever now. <3
Thank you three very much. ^^ This will help me alot because tbh at first I was doing exactly what Tofer said not to do and tried fighting him in air and I ate Fairs like there was no tomorrow. I agree with ya, momentai that her DA does work pri well and that Dolphin Slash gets on my nerves >_<". Zwarm's last paragraph basically summed up what I ended up doing and you said something that I was happy about because that's exactly what I thought of doing which was capitalizing on openings but staying more defensively. It worked but Martha is still hard hard hard atm.

Lol, easier with her then with Lucas. :laugh:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh? This is a game to you all? You think this is funny? You think this **** is C-U-T-E? Well I aint laughing. I don't have to sit here and take this. So Srew you all, you all smell and can all burn in hell! If you have laptops I hope your power supply runs out. if you have desktops I hope the screen dies out!

*logs of SWF*

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
The two meanings are that you're open to people because you're gay, or that you're sexually open to everyone that is gay.

There's the two meanings for you, Dark. ^_^;
That's... not quite what I was thinking when I posted, but w/e... When you've been to an all boys' school for almost seven years, you get very good at spoting innuendos. :awesome:

Zwarm

Smash Hero

Thank you three very much. ^^ This will help me alot because tbh at first I was doing exactly what Tofer said not to do and tried fighting him in air and I ate Fairs like there was no tomorrow. I agree with ya, momentai that her DA does work pri well and that Dolphin Slash gets on my nerves >_<". Zwarm's last paragraph basically summed up what I ended up doing and you said something that I was happy about because that's exactly what I thought of doing which was capitalizing on openings but staying more defensively. It worked but Martha is still hard hard hard atm.

Lol, easier with her then with Lucas. :laugh:
Yeah, it's still not an easy MU, but it's a lot easier when you know what to do against him, haha.

Top Bottom