• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Hey, guys, I think I'm losing it... (not my mind... but my Peach)

Idk, the game is just so boring now... After Pound 5 (which was soooo amazing, even though I didn't actually do much), I've been completely sucking. It's probably because I was exposed to the amazingness of offline after several months, and wifi just doesn't cut it anymore

In ladder I've dropped like 200 points (2300->2100), I lose to people that I usually have no trouble against, and I just get mad at the game... It might just be because wifi is so horrible.... I've noticed that people, in order to win, just start abusing moves with large radii, so that not too much precision is needed. I guess I hadn't noticed that before, but oh wellz

I honestly don't know. It might be because I'm not as campy as I used to be on wifi. Before P5, I never approached, and always went for the timeout if possible. At pound 5, I only got to time someone out once, so I didn't really get to test how it worked. Now that my "offline" foundation was set as not-too-campy, I just don't have the patience to sit through wifi lag and run away anymore... I start approaching on wifi, and in return, I get destroyed

Honestly, right now this game sickens me D:
hi! remember when i told you this like 5 months ago?

k bye!!!!

z00ted

Rick! Super good games! I would play more - but I'm heading out to go play tennis. Also, really great connection considering how far away we are.

I have a few questions for you regarding my Peach and myself as a player in general.

-How would you rank my Peach in the ditto on a scale of 1 - 10?

-How do you do the uair string so quickly? You are amazing at that :(

-Do you think I utilize fair (the move) correctly?

-After watching me play do you think Bair is a bit under rated?

-Anything I can work on as a Peach main?

-How would you rank me as a player overall (or in general vs Peach)?

-On a scale of 1-10 how much worse/better have I gotten since the last time we played (MLG Dallas)?

-Do you think a Peach will place well at WHOBO 3?

I had ALOT of fun. If you want we can play anytime.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Rick! Super good games! I would play more - but I'm heading out to go play tennis. Also, really great connection considering how far away we are.

I have a few questions for you regarding my Peach and myself as a player in general.

-How would you rank my Peach in the ditto on a scale of 1 - 10?

-How do you do the uair string so quickly? You are amazing at that :(

-Do you think I utilize fair (the move) correctly?

-After watching me play do you think Bair is a bit under rated?

-Anything I can work on as a Peach main?

-How would you rank me as a player overall (or in general vs Peach)?

-On a scale of 1-10 how much worse/better have I gotten since the last time we played (MLG Dallas)?

-Do you think a Peach will place well at WHOBO 3?

I had ALOT of fun. If you want we can play anytime.
You're still a red dot but yea it was pretty smooth as far as red dots go which is nice :)
I certainly had fun :) Although I haven't Wi Fi'ed in ages (yay Uni) so I must admit I found it frustrating when I was getting stringed all those times and sucking hardcore a punishing...I promise you I'm not that awful offline, especially in the Peach dittos where, frankly, I was just terrible
I apologise, I get insanely paranoid and stressed whenever fighting anyone in the US ><

You probably don't need any advice from me so...yea you were good? :p

You've got better though imo
As for a Peach placing well at Whobo...I want to say yes but time after time, it doesn't happen at these big tourneys. Whobo is in Texas right? So Texans will be there I'm assuming, which means that you'll have played a lot of those guys...which means it could go either way

I'm not getting my hopes up but I certainly hope someone proves me wrong which I'm certain someone eventually will :p

rick was at dallas/is going to whobo?
I freakin wish :( I haven't even been to a bloody tourney in my own country yet (although that is completely my own fault)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
:)

I think you all stand a decent chance, you all know how to handle Peach, you all just have good days and bad days so hopefully at Whobo, you'll all have good days :p

Be sure to prepare and practice and warm up before hand...I always find it can take me lots of matches before I really get into the flow of things. If you can do some friendlies beforehand, do so...but don't give away all of your tricks :p

z00ted

just because King Beef has given up on Peach - doesn't mean the rest of us have.

I still haven't hit a point to where I feel as though my gameplay has become stagnant, :woman:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Just as long as no one gets:

65th (MLG nightmares)
33rd (See this a few times)
17th (holy **** is this Peach's lucky number or something?)

Everything will be fine

Oh actually, don't get last either. That won't be so good

Actually you know what, just go for Top 5 or 10, that'd do nicely

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's funny. So many hate my guts after my post in the interview thread. Even had Kyle PM me his PMS post. People around here are something else around here. This is why I don't choose to be nice to people. or help people out. ingrates. But of course I am the bad one. it's always me. Think I realized why I don't have a feel for this game anymore like I use too.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'll take a break for a while... I'll try again when playoffs starts... (AIB and Gamebattles... AIB = skill playoffs but little money... GB = no skill playoffs, set stages, ALL stages, but a ton of money)

I think I just get too mad when playing on wifi and start approaching. I used to be extremely chill on wifi, but now there's just anger. I think I have to reformulate my timeout strategy, because right now I'm approaching wayyyy too much

And Brawlin, that glide toss -> sh dair actually sounds interesting... Idk if it's possible, but if they shield the dair, then you could try some crazy flashy stuff (that works) like dair over their head (so that you end up behind them), DON'T drop the float, do a FC bair, turn around jab, grab? Idk, that sounds fun lol
Lol there are alot of options. Usually i just sh a dair and follow up with a utilt if the sh works, but the options that you mention look really interesting. :)

Although, I'm like in the same boat as you tho lol. I can't go to tournaments really (have not even been to one yet lol). I have my license, a car, and money, but I doubt my mom would let me go out of state. Hopefully, over the summer I can go to the one that is in Philadelphia.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Such hostility. You really that tight what a random scrub has to say about you? it must be true then. Or why else would you go out the way to send me that PM instead of letting it rock.

Ha ha ha. Man, Peach players.......

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Normally I refrain from opinion, as I consider you all dumb ***** who I can easily control for my amusement, but I'd just like to add-in that Dark isn't in the wrong.

I personally asked Dark for specific opinions during his designated interview time. See: time and place. Nothing sneaky. He could have refused to answer, as anyone is capable of refusing to read.

And likewise, we are in control of how we take his opinions. KB, Raz, Ill, Nicole. As sad as I am of being impressed, I'm glad there is some maturity to look forward to on this board.

Props on this stuff Dark:

Crazy Black Man said:
And let me make this clear to you. People love attention. Believed me I loved it when I got it. So there is nothing wrong with that. But it is what you decide to do/say/act when you get it that matters. You can't really control attention. But you can control who you are and your mouth.
And lols at this:

Hasbeen Peach said:
You really should not be taking this to heart at all. I AINT ANYONE THAT MATTERS FOR YOU TO GIVE THIS MUCH OF A DAMM.
Nicole's post was also hilariously spicy. I mean ****.

Dark's way of thinking will always have my eternal respect, and in the same way, I will always lose that much respect for those weak enough to be affected by what someone else thinks.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
^ heh funny but true indeed.

According to Dark I love attention so everyone look at me!! :mad:

But seriously not really. If you actually hang out with me in person outside of smash I'm pretty chill and alright to talk to. Especially when I go into calm down mode.

I only talk negative to things I don't like or this is dumb Dark. Remember... "I"

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Kyon!! We would totes have a fantastic time together.

AND OMG SMOOM!! So much love!!! We're going to have a blast in Houston.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wait a minute. Hold the **** up. Me.Dark.Pch......is legit this time? What? Is this some joke? You people agree I did nothing. With this lil outburst that happen, I am for one the legit one. Meno/Kyon, you seriously?

Ok, is this some sick joke? Have you people forgotten who I am? I am Dark.Pch. Hellooooooooooooooooo??? I'm always the bad one remember?

...man, I am getting softed.......I fear for the worst.

Top Bottom