• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i don't john, and i like peach dittos, only thing is, i've never tried wifi with this internet so i can't promise it will be playable XD

i added ur brawl code darkpch, so i'll just keep an eye on it, whenever u get around to adding me i'll invite u to the game
Something just came up so I can't play. @9 I am free to play if you want. But I have to take care of something.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I tried playing earlier.. it was extremely frustratating.

But maybe playing with someone on the boards would be easier - if anyone wants to play just post here, I'll get on.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I'll play you Jlo if you'd like. I'll be using my other characters.

FC: 4124-4668-0022

Let me know. :3
aight i'll add u, my last slot number 64 XD i'll probably be playing peach since...well i haven't really been usin her much.

oh and my fc is the same as the one next to my name/avatar

gantrain05

Smash Master
lol my internet blows, god damn. these games look so pro tho

lol sorry KB i couldn't continue the laaaaaaaaaaag was bad lol. a couple matches were ok, but a few it felt like an entire 2 seconds of lag between what i press and what she do haha.

z00ted

lol @ Moozle.

and Dark I think wifi helps you get better, but to a perfect extent.

When you are at a higher level metagame of your character and you can only learn playstyles and a bit more on certain matchups I think that's the perfect time to quit it entirely - it will only hurt you from that point on.

btw - NEW AVATAR

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wifi forces me to think ahead. I know how to use it and how to adjust it to offline. Wifi has not ones screwed me over with offline play. if the connection is legit, I have no problems at all. Its done to a point whenre I have beaten an air planking meta on it. And that was annoying. Hard to do.

I don't play wifi to learn play styles. I use it to practice match ups and my reaction time. Since I have to know what I will do next or my attack/action won't come out. That has help speed up my reaction time and thinking ahead cause of it. As well as match ups practice. And I can/awlways abuse that system.

My 08,09 results. You think I got them from playing people offline? I got them due to wifi. I played on it, then applied it to offline play when I went to tournies. Thus was beasting. I was mostly a wifi junky. Not many know about this. Thus I was the best wifi Peach of 08.

I already explained how I abuse whifi a while back so I am not gonna go through this again. All I will say is that is had made me a beast (back when I was good), same with Ally and ADHD. It's something us three (and some others) Did that others don't do. or just complain about it. For once I am actually smart enough to know how to abuse wifi and not have it hinder me offline.

Oh, and since I am mostly the mind game kind of Peach, I also use wifi to pratice how to read peoples habits and abuse it. Mindgame practice. Like if one likes to roll alot or spammthe same move, play aggressive. etc. And this has helped me when I deal with this offline. Cause I was ready and practice for it.

Wifi Does not screw over anyone and there is proof of it. People need to understand that. Just like how some people could counterpick with Peach. I could never do that, it's not me, and I would place better than if I was to use other characters. The passion and dedication I have >pwns the counterpicking system. Using other characters won't get me far. Solo Peach will and I'll live to that no matter what any player tells me. Or how gay they play with their character. If I though I could not do this, I would have quit long ago. or Just not play Peach period.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yo, if you can see my new avi, it's my fursona.

I drew it.

But once again Dark, I beg to differ. In the Metaknight MU, which is our most important MU to learn is one you can't think ahead in. MK has too many options for you to try and predict anything. Yeah, sure you can try and it may work, but as Peach players we need to remember that broken characters like Metaknight almost have a whole other world of options that beat ours. Soo in the Meta MU we need to react instead of think ahead.

In some cases it's important to plan ahead against this character. We should abuse it when it comes to recovering, or just trying to get our feet on the ground to counter attack.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yo, if you can see my new avi, it's my fursona.

I drew it.

But once again Dark, I beg to differ. In the Metaknight MU, which is our most important MU to learn is one you can't think ahead in. MK has too many options for you to try and predict anything. Yeah, sure you can try and it may work, but as Peach players we need to remember that broken characters like Metaknight almost have a whole other world of options that beat ours. Soo in the Meta MU we need to react instead of think ahead.

In some cases it's important to plan ahead against this character. We should abuse it when it comes to recovering, or just trying to get our feet on the ground to counter attack.
How are you gonna be able to tell me what I can't think and do? You don't play D like I do or have mindgames like I do, I am different from you. My Peach is based on D play and mindgames.

Do you even know what I mean when I say think ahead? I mean when I do an attack, I know what I will do three moves later. I don't attack, then think what I will do next on the spot. I had that plan out three moves ago.

Also, how are you gonna react to something if you have to think about it on the spot. If anything, that is slow reaction time. if you don't have to think about what you will do next, you can excute the next attack or evasion tactic.

You are worrying to much about what meta knight can do to you. That's not gonan help you win. You need to focus on what you CAN do to him. Cause thats what you have to abuse to win. All the stuff he can do to you, you are suppose to protected it with what you can do to him. Complaining about a character or your character gets you know where.

So actually yes, thinking ahead can help against meta. Cause you won't be a sitting duck and have to think on the spot. You are not safe. Knowing what you would do next is what helps you be safe. And this does not apply to meta, but every character in the game.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
How are you gonna be able to tell me what I can't think and do? Do you even know what I mean when I say think ahead? I mean when I do an attack, I know what I will do three moves later. I don't attack, then think what I will do next on the spot. I had that plan out three moves ago.

Also, how are you gonna react to something if you have to think about it on the spot. If anything, that is slow reaction time. if you don't have to think about what you will do next, you can excute the next attack or evasion tactic.

You are worrying to much about what meta knight can do to you. That's not gonan help you win. You need to focus on what you CAN do to him. Cause thats what you have to abuse to win. All the stuff he can do to you, you are suppose to protected it with what you can do to him. Complaining about a character or your character gets you know where.

So actually yes, thinking ahead can help against meta. Cause you won't be a sitting duck and have to think on the spot. You are not safe. Knowing what you would do next is what helps you be safe. And this does not apply to meta, but every character in the game.
I understand what you're saying. And no, I'm not saying you can't think what you want. By all means, go ahead. But you don't understand what I mean by me saying Metaknight has a whole world of options. Meta doesn't even have to approach, and yet it's even an option for him! Whatever we can do, he can do better. That's what I'm getting at. No matter what we decide to do when meta doesn't make a move is a giant risk and can lead to getting completely gimped.

We can't just say "Oh, Meta will Nado" or "He's obviously going to shuttle loop." It's something we don't know, and if we predict incorrectly we get screwed over. And when I say to react doesn't mean think on the spot. This is another form of thinking ahead, but not 3 steps after whatever happens on the spot. It's knowing your options against all of Meta's moves and then reacting. You can't be making the first move. And I totally understand that you need to think ahead, but it better applies to other MUs that are less important than Meta. Even then, in other MUs it's obviously a given to think ahead. It's way easier to do. I even do it in the Falco MU because his options arn't impossible to counter.

And also, as you said in the beginning of your post, I do play differently from you. My Peach benefits from Pshielding and reaction time. I tend to over think things and when I try to think ahead, it won't make sence, because I think too much about their character and not the player and their habits. But don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying and I understand you Peach plays differently from mine. But when I look at it from a constructive point of view, your style works pretty amazingly against the rest of the cast EXCEPT for Meta. If you do have a way of still applying it to the Meta MU, by all means please let me know. And no, that's not sarcasm.

z00ted

i sensed drama, but (i hope?) peachguard doused it out.

I sorta respect what Dark is getting at, but I definitely agree with Peachguard is getting at and those were some good posts. Reaction, reaction, reaction.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
No please. I don't want any drama. I still think Dark is awesome. I just have an opinion, as does everyone. I'm not trying to shoot down anything he's saying though. Just stating how every character and player style is different and how it affects the outcome of the MU.

z00ted

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

peachguard get on a bus, let's play brawl - wanna see that improvement.

Dark, you coming to Whobo?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'll try to get some vids up of my Peach and DK against my friends MK/ Falco/ Wolf/ Random..... ect. lololol

@Dinah

LMFAO.

Just be happy I finally changed my avi.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I understand what you're saying. And no, I'm not saying you can't think what you want. By all means, go ahead. But you don't understand what I mean by me saying Metaknight has a whole world of options. Meta doesn't even have to approach, and yet it's even an option for him! Whatever we can do, he can do better. That's what I'm getting at. No matter what we decide to do when meta doesn't make a move is a giant risk and can lead to getting completely gimped.

We can't just say "Oh, Meta will Nado" or "He's obviously going to shuttle loop." It's something we don't know, and if we predict incorrectly we get screwed over. And when I say to react doesn't mean think on the spot. This is another form of thinking ahead, but not 3 steps after whatever happens on the spot. It's knowing your options against all of Meta's moves and then reacting. You can't be making the first move. And I totally understand that you need to think ahead, but it better applies to other MUs that are less important than Meta. Even then, in other MUs it's obviously a given to think ahead. It's way easier to do. I even do it in the Falco MU because his options arn't impossible to counter.
What you just did here is explain why Meta has the advantage. Just like I could sit here and say why, Marth, TL, Lucario and Snake Beat Peach. Yet I am not gonna sit here and go on about what they can do. That is not gonan get me anywhere.

And you really think thinking ahead would not help? Ok then, so let me just play this match up on auto pilot and make it worst than it should be. No matter what we do, Meta will always have the advantage. You are not gonan escape that. At all with Peach. But what you can do is do things to make the match up less of a struggle to help you win.

I said in my Peach guide if you are not ready to work hard, this character is not for you. You best move on to a high tier to you can stand out in the community and feel like someone. But youplaying Peach? Ok, expect to go through alot of work. And with Peach you have to think ahead. You have to be smart. And you have to be creative/mindgames. Basic Peach play is not getting you anyway. Go look at all these tournies that matter and look at her placings. And No, I don't mean one of these local tournies or the one next door. The big/major ones. Peach is always in a crappy placing. And why is that? One reason is cause of what you are saying here.

Stop thinking about all that stuff. look at where it is getting you. No where at all.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
What you just did here is explain why Meta has the advantage. Just like I could sit here and say why, Falco, TL, Lucario and Snake Beat Peach. Yet I am not gonna sit here and go on about what they can do. That is not gonan get me anywhere.

And you really think thinking ahead would not help? Ok then, so let me just play this match up on auto pilot and make it worst than it should be. No matter what we do, Meta will always have the advantage. You are not gonan escape that. At all with Peach. But what you can do is do things to make the match up less of a struggle to help you win.

I said in my Peach guide if you are not ready to work hard, this character is not for you. You best move on to a high tier to you can stand out in the community and feel like someone. But youplaying Peach? Ok, expect to go through alot of work. And with Peach you have to think ahead. You have to be smart. And you have to be creative/mindgames. Basic Peach play is not getting you anyway. Go look at all these tournies that matter and look at her placings. And No, I don't mean one of these local tournies or the one next door. The big/major ones. Peach is always in a crappy placing. And why is that? One reason is cause of what you are saying here.

Stop thinking about all that stuff. look at where it is getting you. No where at all.[
/COLOR]

Umm wow?

You haven't seen me play, Dark. So you really can't say anything about where I've gotten. What I do works for me, so I'm sticking with it.

I understand that all of those characters have the advantage, but that's why you need to play carefully to win. You can't just go and plan ahead with not being sure which superior option your opponent will pull out on you. This all starts from the beginning of the match. Who is going to approach? Who has the more SUPERIOR approach. Who has the biggest hole in their defensive game, and who knows it better than the other?

That's what it ends up coming down to. You beat the player, but by doing so you play carefully by knowing the character and the opponents knowledge of it. That's also where underestimating and overestimating people comes in. If you see a bad habit within someone, it's not hard to exploit. Once you figured it out, you can do it on reaction. That's what punishing moves is about and that's a big part of winning a match. If anything it's by far the most important.

Top Bottom