• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Umm wow?

You haven't seen me play, Dark. So you really can't say anything about where I've gotten. What I do works for me, so I'm sticking with it.

I understand that all of those characters have the advantage, but that's why you need to play carefully to win. You can't just go and plan ahead with not being sure which superior option your opponent will pull out on you. This all starts from the beginning of the match. Who is going to approach? Who has the more SUPERIOR approach. Who has the biggest hole in their defensive game, and who knows it better than the other?

That's what it ends up coming down to. You beat the player, but by doing so you play carefully by knowing the character and the opponents knowledge of it. That's also where underestimating and overestimating people comes in. If you see a bad habit within someone, it's not hard to exploit. Once you figured it out, you can do it on reaction. That's what punishing moves is about and that's a big part of winning a match. If anything it's by far the most important.
My last line does not apply to just you But to everyone. Look at the tourny placings it has gotten people in tournies that matter.

And let me ask you a question. What is better, planing ahead or going on auto pilot? if You have a Falco camping you, Are you just gonna try and rush in with typical Dair use or Fair? Or are you gonna think of a way to get in? But what happens will you get in? What will you do? Oh that's right, you have no clue, cause you not think about that. It's like me going to the store and not know why I went there, or what I am gonna get.

That should have been thought of when before you decided to get inside falco. And all this that I have been saying is based on reaction time. Cause you can't be slow to THINK or EXECUTE your next attack/action.

"oh, but my opponent can do the same thing"

Ok, it is called high level of play. Pros do it to each other all the time. It's never one sided. They think ahead all the time. Thats how people pull off these amazing wins and combacks. This is a part of mindgames. And no, they don't get away with it all the time. They do screw up and get beat up for it. None are mindreaders. or else people to end matches without getting scratch all the time. Yet smart play is going on back and forth. And stuff liek this is inportant.

The fact that you say that you say that is not inportant even with meta is just not good. Reaction time huh? How you gonna react if the enemy won't let you ract. or give you anything to react too. You could in brainless and get *****. It could have been a trap. hats why you have to know what you are gonna do ahead of time. Don't think about it on the spot. Thats not reaction time. At this time, if you have to react quick and have no clue what you are gonna do, you do something random and now depending on luck. Why depend on luck when you can have a plan that has a better % rate to work?

Also If you wanted to play this (you don;'t know how I play" Game. I could say the say for you. You say my style works wonders against every character but meta knight. That is straight false. cause meta is not the only character i keep losing too. And you really have not seen how I play against all characters. yet alone the most important ones. And the reason for that is not cause what you said all here. it's cause I have habits and stupid idiotic problems as a player. Thus 2010 was the worst year I had in smash. I play aggressive, I don't think. I do stupid things that I know I should not do but do anyway. I start playing this typical peach People already got use to and know how to beat already.

So My style have nothing to do with it if meta and other characters (even match ups Peach wins like Zelda) are here ****ing me up. Thats a player problem and I take resonsiblity for that. I am not gonna blame a match up or my characterto make myself feel good. Thinking I am hot stuff is not gonna make me better. Cause I be to blind to see my flaws and be determinded to fix them. accepting who/what I am is gonna help me get better, cause I will pay more attention and realize why/how I lost. I'll play more attention and be aware. And I honestly have no need to even think like that with my horrible placings for a year. And the stuff I lost too.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
My last line does not apply to just you But to everyone. Look at the tourny placings it has gotten people in tournies that matter.

And let me ask you a question. What is better, planing ahead or going on auto pilot? if You have a Falco camping you, Are you just gonna try and rush in with typical Dair use or Fair? Or are you gonna think of a way to get in? But what happens will you get in? What will you do? Oh that's right, you have no clue, cause you not think about that. It's like me going to the store and not know why I went there, or what I am gonna get.

That should have been thought of when before you decided to get inside falco. And all this that I have been saying is based on reaction time. Cause you can't be slow to THINK or EXECUTE your next attack/action.

"oh, but my opponent can do the same thing"

Ok, it is called high level of play. Pros do it to each other all the time. It's never one sided. They think ahead all the time. Thats how people pull off these amazing wins and combacks. This is a part of mindgames. And no, they don't get away with it all the time. They do screw up and get beat up for it. None are mindreaders. or else people to end matches without getting scratch all the time. Yet smart play is going on back and forth. And stuff liek this is inportant.

The fact that you say that you say that is not inportant even with meta is just not good. Reaction time huh? How you gonna react if the enemy won't let you ract. or give you anything to react too. You could in brainless and get *****. It could have been a trap. hats why you have to know what you are gonna do ahead of time. Don't think about it on the spot. Thats not reaction time. At this time, if you have to react quick and have no clue what you are gonna do, you do something random and now depending on luck. Why depend on luck when you can have a plan that has a better % rate to work?

Also If you wanted to play this (you don;'t know how I play" Game. I could say the say for you. You say my style works wonders against every character but meta knight. That is straight false. cause meta is not the only character i keep losing too. And you really have not seen how I play against all characters. yet alone the most important ones. And the reason for that is not cause what you said all here. it's cause I have habits and stupid idiotic problems as a player. Thus 2010 was the worst year I had in smash. I play aggressive, I don't think. I do stupid things that I know I should not do but do anyway. I start playing this typical peach People already got use to and know how to beat already.

So My style have nothing to do with it if meta and other characters (even match ups Peach wins like Zelda) are here ****ing me up. Thats a player problem and I take resonsiblity for that. I am not gonna blame a match up or my character to make myself feel good. Thinking I am hot stuff is not gonna make me better. Cause I be to blind to see my flaws and be determinded to fix them. accepting who/what I am is gonna help me get better, cause I will pay more attention and realize why/how I lost. I'll play more attention and be aware. And I honestly have no need to even think like that with my horrible placings for a year. And the stuff I lost too.
BUT IT'S NOT AUTOPILOT!! WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THAT FROM!?

It's REACTION. Auto pilot is completely different. Do you know what I mean when you react to something? Because I'm starting to understand that you don't. I never said to randomly do a move. Waiting for them to do a move?

That's where baiting comes in, Dark. You bait. They move. It's not full proof, but someone is bound to move. It comes down to patience and how much you have of it.

Everything I'm talking about is important, Dark. It all applies to all MUs.

You losing to other characters besides Meta doesn't prove me wrong either. That's a player problem in the lack of maybe reading someone properly or knowing their character enough. It doesn't just take one aspect of a player to beat everyone. It takes everything you can dish out to do well. I understand that as well, and I know many people have mental blocks in certain MUs. I myself have enough to screw me over at points, but I'm working on them.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
BUT IT'S NOT AUTOPILOT!! WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THAT FROM!?

It's REACTION. Auto pilot is completely different. Do you know what I mean when you react to something? Because I'm starting to understand that you don't. I never said to randomly do a move. Waiting for them to do a move?

That's where baiting comes in, Dark. You bait. They move. It's not full proof, but someone is bound to move. It comes down to patience and how much you have of it.

Everything I'm talking about is important, Dark. It all applies to all MUs.

You losing to other characters besides Meta doesn't prove me wrong either. That's a player problem in the lack of maybe reading someone properly or knowing their character enough. It doesn't just take one aspect of a player to beat everyone. It takes everything you can dish out to do well. I understand that as well, and I know many people have mental blocks in certain MUs. I myself have enough to screw me over at points, but I'm working on them.
Ugh...........you don't get it. none ever do at all. this is why I just gave up and don't bother anymore. None ever agree with me much anyway. I'm just gonna end this here, you win. w/e.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Ugh...........you don't get it. none ever do at all. this is why I just gave up and don't bother anymore. None ever agree with me much anyway. I'm just gonna end this here, you win. w/e.
I rather we leave this at a stale mate.

I don't feel like a winner debating with you, because I still have respect for you.

Btw, don't give up on things you believe in. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true. I still root for you so suck it up and forget this happened. :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I rather we leave this at a stale mate.

I don't feel like a winner debating with you, because I still have respect for you.

Btw, don't give up on things you believe in. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true. I still root for you so suck it up and forget this happened. :3
I'm just not in the mood to get you to understand all this andhave my head hurt at the same time. This is why I did not even wanna bother in the IC topic from what I was reading in there.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm just not in the mood to get you to understand all this andhave my head hurt at the same time. This is why I did not even wanna bother in the IC topic from what I was reading in there.

I understand, dude.

It's cool. I'm just trying to avoid anything bad that doesn't have to happen here.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
if you like rpgs it is a pretty good rpg. also it is a very non linear rpg in terms of how you accomplish things (like demon fusions and social links).

also i got the message peachgaurd, nice pic :)

gantrain05

Smash Master
lol well thats the only thing i really remember, my friend was playing it at the time and i was in the middle of FFXII so i never got a chance to start it.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
it's odd why they do that, since in ever other persona game they just use tarot cards. But it is a really good rpg. The SMT series is my current favorite series of RPGS (my avy is the MC of SMT: nocturne).

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
this isn't the lucario, pikachu, sonic, or wolf boards PG

I think the appropriate topic would be to talk about cute peach players.

<3

Top Bottom