• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks! Maybe I can get something recorded too :o

My Peach is new and I'm sure there's a LOT of stuff to learn~

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I'm also going to a tourney this weekend too! Its gonna be a big one and I'm teaming with Riot again~

time to get first place like always

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
He might be. I'm not entirely sure however. Hopefully he does so he can kick everybody's crap in and we take top 2~

with me in first of course~

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Plenty of them. I'm part of a Resident Evil Cosplay group! :>

Yeah some of the bronies that I see at AB are mad creepy.

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Korra is awesome, it still has the charm of The Last Airbender but the more mature and action-packed parts also really deliver.

Plus...adult Aang looks like me if I were to regrow my beard, shave bald, and have a blue arrow on my head. :D

P.S. I'd put it in Asami's butt.

@ Kyle - Thanks bud! Tofer just picks on me because he knows it's true. ^.^

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I love Korra, but I felt like it took too long to get something done in the series.
And I didn't like Pro Bending that much, I felt like it was just something they used to fill up space in the series.

@Beefcake - :embarrass:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Plenty of them. I'm part of a Resident Evil Cosplay group! :>

Yeah some of the bronies that I see at AB are mad creepy.

I'm talking about all types of fans. Otaku are honestly no better or worse than the loudest bronies. :applejack:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'd say otaku are worse because there are so many more of them. At any rate, the worst and loudest can only reach a point of obnoxiousness and all fanbases have those individuals who make you have the entire fandom.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I love Korra, but I felt like it took too long to get something done in the series.
And I didn't like Pro Bending that much, I felt like it was just something they used to fill up space in the series.

Pro Bending was tight. There is nothing wrong with hefty build-up if it at least leads to an explosive climax (lul), which looks very likely at this point.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Bronies, Otaku, and Weeaboos are all pretty dang bad. Bronies are much more worse IMO.

Stream Monsters da bess!!

edit: So thats what this Legend of Korra is about. i thought the Avatar series was still going on........... oh wait........

Nordal

Smash Lord

The pro bending was needed; it's what introduced half of the cast. The series is way faster paced than ATLA. Remember how long it ****ing took them to reach the North Pole? To finally even see Ozai's face? To finally fight Ozai?

The big showdown between Korra and Amon is really close and it's been all of what, ten episodes? Too long my ***.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I enjoyed the pro bending portion. It reminded me a ton of boxing, and being somebody who enjoys boxing, I enjoyed pro bending :3.

I'm glad that they are going to continue the series after this season. One season for me is not gonna cut it.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I meant it took too long to get the actual plot moving.
Before it was just pro bending and small little bits of the story moving forward.
A majority of the episodes were taken up by pro bending.
Don't get me wrong I love the series, but I felt like it was a bit rushed trying to make pro bending to grow on people, and then moving the series forward.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The Pro Bending episodes were a way to become a little more familiar with Mako and Bolin from what I can tell. You can't really expect for them to be all like "hey here's Korra/Republic City, hey here's Amon, hey she's learning air bending/sucks at spirituality, hey she learned air bending/spirituality, hey she defeats Amon, the end". Sure, some bits and pieces of it are slow, but overall it's still flowing really well for such a short series imo.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Only thing is there's only so much they can show about Korra failing at Airbending. Show needs more Waterbending anyway.

I do agree with you about the Pro Bending though.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I know what you mean, Beefcake, about Bolin and Mako.
I personally wish that they would have developed Mako and Bolin a little more than just brothers who lost their parents and now pro bend for money.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Yeah, I agree tofer. Like as of right now we really don't know much of the deeper workings of the bending brothers except that Mako is a playing douche. Hopefully next season we can get a deeper look into their childhood and stuff. andbolingettingactualexpositionaldialogueimeanwhat?

I totally had a headcanon (as improbable/impossible as it is) that Korra somehow met Mako and Bolin when they were very little. I think it would make for a pretty cool "Destinies being intertwined further back that you think" type thing

Top Bottom