• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I may or may not have gotten fired today. Sucks. /:

But anyways, I personally think the boards were best around this time when we came together and made a Peach combo video from out own clips, if anyone remembers: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176570

And declined when all the focus shifted to the social thread. Although it has been nice that no major arguments have broken out in a long time like old times, lol. It'd be nice to have a balance of social and tactical discussion but I mean it is what it is lol. This place is still enjoyable at some times.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Oh goodness, that CV. I remember that one. Good times!

Also, when are we starting up this Tinychat? How about soonish :3

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I'll be in here (the tinychat) but I can't decide if I should get milk now DX

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lmfao, dark when I brought TX into the Peach social it was literally one of the funniest nights of my entire life

we were just trolling the entire time, nothing was serious...

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
And Not a unite? Dude, you have no clue what happens back then when we met up in tournaments. When I first Met peachkid at tournament I helped this kid out and always cheered each other on in matches. When I met Kos-mos (before the BS that happened after the apex 1 tourny) I helped that guy out and told him how to deal with snake after he lost to a pool of them. SNES, pound 4, COT3 ECRC series, w/e peach players were there we would help each other out. it was nothing of (im gonna outplace you no matter what cause that is what matters). That was only with me and Niko. No one was against each other on that level.
Well, I was only talking about the boards. I live on the other side of the planet so I have got no idea of this :p. I'll take your word on it.

And That Ill/nicole fight was not the only thing that happened. My war with me vs TX and The list that was made by coney about the top peach players that lead to some ****.
That Ill/Nicole fight was 100% joke. Apparently the Texas thing was meant so as well (it's hard to take THE GREEN LESBIAN seriously). I don't find that anything compared to what happened before on the boards, surely there were some good and friendly times but often Air and Edreeses would had to pull their hair out of agony (slight hyperbole).

And finally, I dont think you quite understand what the others are getting at. Posting here is not as enjoyable and fun as it use to be back then. It has nothing to do with this being a so called place for entertainment. And it also does not have to be with people posting. it can be people just reading the post here to get a good laugh. Theres lost of people that just read here just to get a laugh. Cause there usually something interesting to read that had people in tears. Its not like that now as to back in the days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put it im simple terms? reading stuff in here is not as fun or entertaining as it was back then.
Oh I do understand, certainly, I do not even disagree!

Who ****ing cares. We know we're being nostalgic. It was still better back then, if only for entertainment alone. You know what's worse than heavy nostalgia? Buzz kills. Just sayin'.
Lol sooooorry, not meant to be like that, it was more meant as a tick to say that 'those good times don't have to be over yet'. I personally dislike it if people look too much to the past, talking about how amazing they were while looking down on the present and the future (or at least, so it seemed to me). Good times largely come from the future, they are not only from the past.

Not to mention character discussion was still more prevalent even during those Dark vs. Niko days. Sure, someone here could try to start some discussion about Peach now, but frankly...it'd be a huge waste of time. You'd be lying if you say otherwise.
That was because their dispute was during the peak of Brawl. Not only was the forum at its most active time, but there was also so much to discover and for that everyone was motivated. There is not much left to anymore with only a select few a players, having fairly few newcomers asking questions or veterans evoking discussion. No one is to blame for that. This decline everybody is talking about doesn't only concern the Peach Boards, Smashboards has become less active in its entirety. Brawl's future doesn't look very bright imo and I'm hoping this new Smash game will be released sooner than we would dare to expect.

:053:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
sweet <3 i wish i was dating someone. i keep having dreams lately about making out with this buff guy and now i want it to become a reality

z00ted

super super terrible, if you have a fourth of a brain.. don't watch it

z00ted

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, without a doubt.
Easily in my top ten favorite movies of all time.

But.. a SERIOUS movie?

I can't ever get someone to watch There Will Be Blood or Clockwork Orange with me, but I know tons of people like it outside of the friends I have in real life.

z00ted

Top 15 movie list!

1. American Beauty
2. City of God
3. Shawshank Redemption
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Das Boot
6. Spirited Away
7. Leon: The Professional
8. Taxi Driver
9. The Shining
10. Pee Wee's Big Adventure
11. Kung-Fu Hustle
12. Clockwork Orange
13. There Will Be Blood
14. Requiem For A Dream
15. Pan's Labyrinth

Honorable Mentions: Casablanca, American History X, Anastasia, The Incredibles, Shutter Island, No Country For Old Men, The Green Mile, Gladiator, Troy, Million Dollar Baby, Slumdog Millionaire, Monsters Inc, Fight Club, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Wizard of Oz, The Godfather, etc etc.

Nordal

Smash Lord
I thought Avengers was hilarious. The plot definitely could have been a lot better, but there were so many funny moments I thought it made up for the less than satisfactory storyline.

z00ted

LOL you would like the humor, nordal
it fits your personality perfectly

I HATED IT

that awkward moment when you're the only person not laughing in the theater : (

Top Bottom