• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I saw that picture, I died.

Thanks again to those who joined us in the tinychat! If everyone is free today/tonight, we should try having one again~

:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I have a question, how many times has peach ever been in top 5 or top 8 of a national...? Like a 100+ tourny?
Never.
I've been the highest placer at WHOBO 3 with 13th and 33rd at Apex 2012.

I'll get top 8 at WHOBO 4 if it's MK banned.

Edit: Peach boards suck *** now, and I'm not going to quit.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have a question, how many times has peach ever been in top 5 or top 8 of a national...? Like a 100+ tourny?

Hasnt happen. The best I was able to do was get 13th out of 141 at SNES in 2009.

Im working on getting a girlfriend right now. SO my spirits are pretty lifted. In about a week she will be done with college and will be free. She lives like ten mins away from me. And she loves video games. SHe plays call of duty alot. Think it is her favorite game. So im gonna try and hang out fi her and get to know her more. If all goes well, this could hit off.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
you got lucky in bracket at WHOBO 3, Illmatic! I'll show you what's up at 4 ;-)
***** wtf

I got Kuraudo, ESAM, Inui, Zeton (he had just beaten Tyrant), then Will.

Self destructed at 0% against Inui game 3 1st stock because of a glitch, and I was playing like total **** against Will (I beat him earlier in the day $10 Money match 3-2).

I did work at WHOBO 3, lol.
I can pull out my MM list, that **** went ham.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Illmatic the decline of the Peachboards started right around the time you joined :troll:

edit: well, a bit after.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I gotta make a collection of some of the best highlights from that era. The biggest one known all over this site was the rivary with me and Niko K

Moozle

Smash Champion
So much of the activity is focused around being gay rather than other things. That's probably the biggest thing. I mean the peach boards have always been gay as hell, but its kind of turned into "omg b0yz so kayooot" in the last few years.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say there's more gays now than there used to be. I mean, have you seen Dark's list? It was very lengthy. And I'm not saying anyone is to blame. I think the biggest difference is the fact that a lot of people have just gotten tired of playing Brawl, and less fanatic people means less fun boards.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Fair point man.

I just keep coming for some of the characters in here and the fact that I can relate to a bunch of the regular posters.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
peoples egos and 80% of boy talk kinda killed this place. Back then It was usually me, hiROi and a few others that would post here making this place alive. I was usually the odd ball with my witty personality saying funny stuff and godlike post that had everyone in tears. HiROi would usually come in with his diva talk and swag getting into stuff with kyon or mostly peachkid/white Peach. And also the big rivary with me and Niko K. And Most important, we were worked as a unite when it came to tournaments.

it all changed to peoples egos and thinking they are hawt stuff. Wanting to stand out so hard and get too hyped. Needless Post and trash talking followed. Then the Talk about men grew more. it nearly became the them of this place. And it also came down to everyone was against each other. One Peach just had to outclass the other and state they are the best. Instead of working as a united. Which lead to alot of BS. and random post that had nothing to do with anything at all. just spamming post for no reason

This is how this placed died slowly. If you think this is fun activity you really need to take a look back too 2008/09. Those were the years this place was godlike. Even other character boards came in here for the fun.

This place as of right now is really nothing. One of the reasons Im on and off with posting in here. Like a few others as well.

D

Deleted member

^Hatin on the gay posts.

But yeah, Hawkeye from the Avengers movie is my boyfriend.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This 'place' (it's an internet forum! :l) doesn't suck, your attitudes suck. Why do so many of you seem to think of this 'place' as some kind of magic land where the sun shined brighter at the 'good times', or a kind of love drug with an ecstatic peak, which apparently has diminished?

Wanna have a fun and healthy discussion? Then do so. Apparently the people are still there, since everyone is whining here about how THE PEACH BOARDS ARE NOT FUUUUUN, which is crazy. Im sorry but it sounds so stupid, it's just a forum, which doesn't change itself, merely the players do.

And also the big rivary with me and Niko K. And Most important, we were worked as a unite when it came to tournaments.

it all changed to peoples egos and thinking they are hawt stuff. Wanting to stand out so hard and get too hyped. Needless Post and trash talking followed. Then the Talk about men grew more. it nearly became the them of this place. And it also came down to everyone was against each other. One Peach just had to outclass the other and state they are the best. Instead of working as a united. Which lead to alot of BS. and random post that had nothing to do with anything at all. just spamming post for no reason
Im sorry but this just isn't true. I have been pretty much lurking here since Brawl came out until I decided to sign up and this place was known as the 'Drama Boards', a name partially meant as a joke but there was some seriousness behind it since people really drove each other crazy over 'who was the best Peacg'. People were not united at all, Peach mains were scared to open Peach PR because the threads would turn into a huge ****fest. Since 2010 the most hostile thing that happened between players was probably Illmatic vs Nicole and that wasnt even serious at all!

I can't believe you even consider Niko_K and your rivalry as a good time, I certainly recall you saying 'that you wanted to seriously wanted to beat him [Niko_K] up but people had stopped you before it actually happened'. Don't feel bad, you weren't the only one bickering about nothing. The ***** level of the boards eventually reached a point to where the boards provided virtually no useful information about Peach at all, and players had to be remember about the fact that these boards where supposed to be used for character data and gameplay.

No personal feelings towards anyone, but as an observer and frequent visitor of the Brawl Peach boards I can write a history book about it and you (plural) are sugar coating your overnostalgic memories of the boards.

:053:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Who ****ing cares. We know we're being nostalgic. It was still better back then, if only for entertainment alone. You know what's worse than heavy nostalgia? Buzz kills. Just sayin'.

Not to mention character discussion was still more prevalent even during those Dark vs. Niko days. Sure, someone here could try to start some discussion about Peach now, but frankly...it'd be a huge waste of time. You'd be lying if you say otherwise.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I remember the days when I made movies with Turnipdaisy...

Those were the days, man...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
^Hatin on the gay posts.
^ assuming to much like they really know me.

This 'place' (it's an internet forum! :l) doesn't suck, your attitudes suck. Why do so many of you seem to think of this 'place' as some kind of magic land where the sun shined brighter at the 'good times', or a kind of love drug with an ecstatic peak, which apparently has diminished?

Wanna have a fun and healthy discussion? Then do so. Apparently the people are still there, since everyone is whining here about how THE PEACH BOARDS ARE NOT FUUUUUN, which is crazy. Im sorry but it sounds so stupid, it's just a forum, which doesn't change itself, merely the players do.

Im sorry but this just isn't true. I have been pretty much lurking here since Brawl came out until I decided to sign up and this place was known as the 'Drama Boards', a name partially meant as a joke but there was some seriousness behind it since people really drove each other crazy over 'who was the best Peacg'. People were not united at all, Peach mains were scared to open Peach PR because the threads would turn into a huge ****fest. Since 2010 the most hostile thing that happened between players was probably Illmatic vs Nicole and that wasnt even serious at all!

I can't believe you even consider Niko_K and your rivalry as a good time, I certainly recall you saying 'that you wanted to seriously wanted to beat him [Niko_K] up but people had stopped you before it actually happened'. Don't feel bad, you weren't the only one bickering about nothing. The ***** level of the boards eventually reached a point to where the boards provided virtually no useful information about Peach at all, and players had to be remember about the fact that these boards where supposed to be used for character data and gameplay.

No personal feelings towards anyone, but as an observer and frequent visitor of the Brawl Peach boards I can write a history book about it and you (plural) are sugar coating your overnostalgic memories of the boards.

:053:
First off, the stuff with me and Niko. I not once said It was fun for me. But that was one of the things that made this place interesting and got people hype. Also outside of the BS with me and him, that made be do all that I could to make sure this kid did not outclass me with my character. I don't mind a lil competition. But when you wanna go overboard and take it to levels out of the game, that is something I don't take lightly and reasons I was gonna hit him.

And Not a unite? Dude, you have no clue what happens back then when we met up in tournaments. When I first Met peachkid at tournament I helped this kid out and always cheered each other on in matches. When I met Kos-mos (before the BS that happened after the apex 1 tourny) I helped that guy out and told him how to deal with snake after he lost to a pool of them. SNES, pound 4, COT3 ECRC series, w/e peach players were there we would help each other out. it was nothing of (im gonna outplace you no matter what cause that is what matters). That was only with me and Niko. No one was against each other on that level.

I remember the first peach award list that they had. praxis was named best wifi peach. I spoke to him and told him I think that title should go to me cause at the time I was the highest Peach doing the ladders and I played wifi alot people alot of people. he aggreed with it no problem and he informed meno about it. Gladly giving that wifi title to me without no debate or argument. We had each others backs most of the time.

The fights here were as even as the fun factor and variety of post. This place got boring and less interesting to post in around 2010. Cause thats when egos really start to come out and people had to prove they were better then the other. And That Ill/nicole fight was not the only thing that happened. My war with me vs TX and The list that was made by coney about the top peach players that lead to some ****.

And finally, I dont think you quite understand what the others are getting at. Posting here is not as enjoyable and fun as it use to be back then. It has nothing to do with this being a so called place for entertainment. And it also does not have to be with people posting. it can be people just reading the post here to get a good laugh. Theres lost of people that just read here just to get a laugh. Cause there usually something interesting to read that had people in tears. Its not like that now as to back in the days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put it im simple terms? reading stuff in here is not as fun or entertaining as it was back then.

Top Bottom