• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Boss Thread (THIS THREAD IS BOSS)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Where Dark Link comes from? Wasn't AoL the last Zelda game in the timeline? Or did you just mean idea-wise?

Itazuki

Smash Cadet
Easiest Boss: Pumpkin Head-Zelda Oracle of Ages
Hardest Boss: I really don't know. I've never found any of the Zelda bosses to be too challenging. Maybe Majora's Incarnate or Wrath without Fierce Deity?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm sorry but the easiest boss in the series is I think name is Gohma in LoZ original. All it takes is 1 hit with an arrow in his eye and he is dead.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I dunno. With Gohma you actually have to wait for it to open it's eyes. With the angler fish, you just hack at it a few times and it's dead. It's faster than the gohma and there's no waiting or tricks involved.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I dunno. With Gohma you actually have to wait for it to open it's eyes. With the angler fish, you just hack at it a few times and it's dead. It's faster than the gohma and there's no waiting or tricks involved.
Sadly, I don't think most people have played LA, so they don't realize just how easy the Angler Fish really is, lol. I've still stood by it from the beginning, though. :goomba:

As for the hardest boss, I really don't know. I've never exactly had trouble with a Zelda boss. When I was a kid, I had trouble with Dark Link from Oot, but I have a feeling my age played a big role there. I haven't played OoT through since then, so I don't know. I'll have to think about it. :p

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
Goht in MM was easy - there posed little threat to actually dying because of the heart pots at the entrance, the fight just took some time is all.

Fights like Morpha in the Water Temple of OoT are technically easy - Z target > hookshot > B > rinse&repeat

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
For me, the easiest boss is Morpha, stay in one of the corners, and it can't even reach you.

As for the hardest, Mothula from a Link to the Past always gave me trouble (mainly due to the moving floor and moving spikes).
It seems like lots of people were agreeing on Gyorg from MM being the hardest. Apart from Morpha - water themed temples always seemed to be the hardest, the same game designer probably does them, and is a jerk ;)

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
It seems like lots of people were agreeing on Gyorg from MM being the hardest. Apart from Morpha - water themed temples always seemed to be the hardest, the same game designer probably does them, and is a jerk ;)
I'll admit Gyorg is tricky to get away from after damaging him, but outside of maybe the first couple of attempts, I've never found Gyorg difficult to be honest. :laugh:

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, the only 3D bosses I think have any difficulty at all might be Barinade, Twinrova, Gyorg, and Twinmold (w/out Giant's Mask)
Actually now that you mention it Barinade was a good fight. I liked how it had 'phases' and you had to use items to kill it. I'm not a fan of the; *dodge this* > *slash sword now* type of fights.

Heh, Twinrova could be a pain if you missed one of the shield charges and had to wait around and dodge 4? until the went back to shooting fire/ice that your shield was charged with.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
given that I've only played oot (and I'm not even done with that!), I'd say Volvagia was pretty easy... basically wak-a-mole with the addition of a sword. Of course, Gohma's laughably easy (though she did kill me the first time I tried!)

Dsc

Smash Ace
Im gonna have to go with the water temple boss in TP.

Note: i havent played ALL the games yet, but that dude was fkn ****** easy.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Easiest Boss-Aragok, in Tp(temple in the sky) cool fight but not hard at all, i don't think i got hurt on the first time.

Funnest Boss-Gleeok in PH, so fun, using the grapple hook as a lasso, type-rope, and elastic

Hardest Boss- Boss in the ice temple in Alttp, so stupid, died a ton of times.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask ~ First grade:
Tip ~ Face it as Zora's Link, just throw him the fins and once is in the ground hit him with the Great Fairy Sword as normal Link. (if you don't have FDL's mask of course.)

Evil Iggy

Smash Cadet
Well, I think Gohma from OoT wins easiest boss. It's called the deku stick/deku nut ****. Poor, poor Gohma...

Aside from that, though, aLttP's first boss fight is kind of a joke. The Helmasaurs (that's their name, right?) die in a couple hits from the arrow, and the Helmasaur King is ridiculously easy to dodge. Not to mention you can just spin attack in a corner for the entire fight.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well, I think Gohma from OoT wins easiest boss. It's called the deku stick/deku nut ****. Poor, poor Gohma...

Aside from that, though, aLttP's first boss fight is kind of a joke. The Helmasaurs (that's their name, right?) die in a couple hits from the arrow, and the Helmasaur King is ridiculously easy to dodge. Not to mention you can just spin attack in a corner for the entire fight.
Nah. Helmasaur is this thing

it's the first Dark World boss.

You're thinking of the Armos Knights. yeah they're pretty dang easy.

Life

Smash Hero
If you're like me and way too overcautious, anglerfish might actually pose problems. Never realized it was that easy and I've beaten LA:DX twice. (Or did they buff him in DX?)

Easiest boss I can remember is King Dodongo in OOT. Hardest is Gyorg in MM. Any boss that can reset the fight by knocking you out of the arena is also a pain (Evil Eagle can do this IIRC in LA, one of the Mold-things in one of the 2D games can also do this but I forget). Also, Twinmold in MM becomes a million times harder if you run out of magic.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Angler Fish didn't get buffed in DX.

1. Climb down ladder
2. See angler fish
3. swish swoosh swish swish
4. Piece of heart

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Close competition between Gohma and Dodongo. While Gohma climbs up on the ceiling, she allows a good 5-10 seconds to shoot her eye with the slingshot, making it even more simpler, her eye glows a bright red making it pretty hard to miss. Dodongo is self-explanatory, just step to the side and you won't be touched. It is understandable why these are easy though, it wouldn't make much sense to have a difficult boss so early in the game.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
For a long time, I honestly didn't realize that the angler fish could attack you in any because I'd just mindlessly hack at him and never got hit by the little fish, despite not paying any attention to them.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That looks pretty easy to kill if I were to encounter it. I'd just jump in then water then swishswishswoosh.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
OoT Gohma or Ganon's final form.

I mean think about it, all you have to do is roll between his legs and hack his tail, really really elementary.

I mean ****, cast Nayru's Love and not a single scratch. God that was possibly the dumbest spell in history. Not a significant magic cost for invincibility, hmmmmm

Top Bottom