• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Boss Thread (THIS THREAD IS BOSS)

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I gotta agree with Volvagia as well. There is something about the Fire Temple as a whole that I like, but I am not really sure what it is. It could just be relief from beating the Forest Temple for all I know. A fire-dragon is a really cool boss though, also the room in which you fight Volvagia is awesome, too.

Gatlin

That's a cool idea, also if all the Gorons you release help you as well. :p

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I'd say Ganondorf's ghost and Koume and Kotake, besides of Ganondorf/Ganon's fight of course.
The rest are just dumb.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Dang, really? Every single boss in the entire series besides those two are dumb?
Yeah, kind of, if I'd take another one out it would be Volvagia since it's kind of fun switching between weapons..., but it's just that I find the others sort of boring.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
^^^ Yeah, but the thing is that it takes more hits to die than Gohma, you can kill Gohma in one fall unlike King Dodongo.

Gatlin

Yeah, kind of, if I'd take another one out it would be Volvagia since it's kind of fun switching between weapons..., but it's just that I find the others sort of boring.
What do you look for in terms of a good boss then? :confused:

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I agree with you, but I'd also say that Gohma is harder only if the fight extends for too long, other wise it's not.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
The variety of movements is one important factor.
Also I was only refering to the OoT's bosses though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I would say the most fun boss is Onyx and his Dark Dragon form in Oracle of Seasons. Platforming :D

Coolest...I'd actually say the goron chieftain in Twilight Princess. Not sure why, he just sticks out.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Coolest bosses are Wart and Gomess from Majora's mask.

IYM!

Smash Lord
man, Gomess was so awesome the first time than i fought with him

i am fighting agains Ghort in MM with my challenge on, but i cant kill him with out lose a fairy >.<

i am diying for fight with gomess with my kokiri sword \../>.<\../

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Coolest...I'd actually say the goron chieftain in Twilight Princess. Not sure why, he just sticks out.
Very cool boss... yet very, very lame execution in terms of gameplay.

Argorok (if I spelled that right) has to be one of my favorites. The epic thunderous atmosphere, the music, the double clawshot, and just the idea of riding/slaying a dragon high above the clouds makes Argorok one of the best boss battles to date in any 3D Zelda, imo.

But of course the only downside (like every other boss in TP) is that it is far too easy. I don't think I even got hit on my first time. :glare:

Oh well it was still fun.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Is just imposible being hit by Argorok, but if for some strange reason ( your mom call you and you forgot press the pause button) you being hit, the flames only do 1 heart of damage,

ONLY ONE OF YOUR 15 HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!! And if you thing if this isnt enough, the fall down dont hurt you, that is a :facepalm:

Argorok need
1)more attacks (faster ones) like a hit with his jaws or his claws or his taiil, and another kind of fire projectile

2)more strenght

3)more resistant

4)less time open for an attack

argorok is fun, but sadly if we fight with all ours skill ( i am comsidarating as a beteran Zelda player ([at leas a 3D one]) he is a pice of trash :(

in fact, all the rest of TP bosses need those fixes

Spire

III
BRoomer
I merged the "Coolest/Most Fun Boss" thread into this one. We only need one boss thread.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
It's been forever since I've ran through MM, but I remember him being fairly easy, though I forgot if I used the Zora or Link option. Goht was the easiest MM boss IMHO, and the most fun.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Gyorg is one of the hardest bosses in the entire series imo. At least the first time you fight him.

I think I have the most fun fighting Goht, but Odolwa is definitely my favorite boss by design.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Gyorg is one of the hardest bosses in the entire series imo. At least the first time you fight him.
I remember fighting Gyorg at like 2 or 3 in the morning, and yelling and cursing at him silently when he killed me repeatedly so as to not wake my roommate.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Gyorg's definitely not easy. One of the most difficult 3D bosses for sure.

That reminds me, has anyone killed Twinmold without using the Giant's Mask? I'm sure it's possible but I never thought to try it.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
i am doing the challenge of 3 hearts in MM, and one of the condition is not use mask, less the obligatory ones

the Giant's mask, is usefull agains twinmold, but not obligatory, i will tell you how was my battle Luigitoilet ;)

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord

That reminds me, has anyone killed Twinmold without using the Giant's Mask? I'm sure it's possible but I never thought to try it.
Yes, I did, you can hit him even with arrows.

Gatlin

Just got a copy of Twilight Princess (Yes I am very late, lol) Hoping to see some awesome bosses in this :) I hope?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
You think you're late and I'll probably be playing it by July+ for the first time.
lol

HyruleOceanic

Smash Cadet
the boss of the fire temple in OoT (volvega i think it was) was freakin cake. I mean the gorons were terrifiied of THAT ??? It was like that thing where you hit the moles

Gatlin

Volvagia is one of the easier bosses agreed, I think they really had a lot of potential to make that boss fight outstanding. Such as what LT said with having Darunia help you during the fight. I think it would have also been awesome to have to ride the dragon at some point during the fight, seeing as you wouldn't be damaged by the fire with the Goron tunic. The whack-a-mole style fight made it too predictable, really. I wouldn't give it much more than a mini-boss in terms of difficulty, however.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman

I haven't played up to the Great Bay Temple in probably about 3 years, so I don't remember that fight too well, but I guess I should play through again soon. And anyway, I'm sure it is possible to beat Twinmold without the Giant's Mask(here is a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuVnA_ECj-E) just very intimidating, I mean 2 giant Volvagias!

Top Bottom