• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Boot Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm sorry but i can't do anything tonight because it's my friends's birthday party.
No, no, no. He didn't mean you HAD to do it tonight. He was giving you a deadline. You can go post intelligently in a debate topic right now if you have other plans later on.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yes, the deadline is by 8PM tonight. You promised you change and post better, and I have yet to see that.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
But i'm going to the saloon in 10 mins and i have to buy her some peresnts too i'm sorry but i just can't if you won't accept this then i'm going to leave she is my best friend and i won't risk my friendship with her.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Snex said:
then god is not good. good job, youve chosen to worship a mythical sadist.
Quicksand's reply said:
Your mom is a mythical sadist.

Snex said:
ill ask again. do you know what a phylum even is? do you know anything about the fossils that are found in cambrian strata? do you know anything about the geology of the cambrian strata? do you know anything about what conditions are conducive to fossil formation?
Quicksand's reply said:
wat is r fosil?

Snex said:
you forgot to answer the other questions. here they are again:

do you know anything about the fossils that are found in cambrian strata? do you know anything about the geology of the cambrian strata? do you know anything about what conditions are conducive to fossil formation?
Quicksand's Reply said:
wat is r stratta?

Snex said:
you forgot to answer the other questions, and your cowardice is showing. here they are again:

do you know anything about the fossils that are found in cambrian strata? do you know anything about the geology of the cambrian strata? do you know anything about what conditions are conducive to fossil formation?

Quicksand's Reply said:
wat is r gealogy?

How utterly childish.

cman

Smash Ace
I think QS is rather amusing actually (except for the 'wat is r...'), but he is not really fit for the debate hall.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I think he's capable of debate. Just a tad bit more maturity would be appreciated. It's no secret that Snex's style can be a bit abrasive, but you can't respond like that.

M.K

Level 55
Hmm, fourth'ed. That type of debating is just arbitrary childness.
AltF4, I would choose to disagree, I don't think he is capable of the slightest amount of intelligent debating.

RDK

Smash Hero
I don't think the guy with the username "AIDS" deserves to be a part of the Debate Hall either. He doesn't listen to reason, constantly uses ridiculous arguments, and is in no way fit for debating. He seems like a troll.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I was surprised he plagiarized his entire argument. His fault

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Doh plagiarism has been disproven, evidently it was his own page. In the future, STILL cite your argument if you are taking it word for word from anything, even your own work. For us on the boards, there was no way for us to know.

D

Deleted member

Of course. It's just so unexpected. Makes me wonder if he did the same for the debate I had with him.

I hope not, but whatever.

Edit: Wow. It's his own work? Dang. Apologies, man.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I can't escape drama anywhere in life.

I guess I should stop being so awesome in my posts. =\

Oh, and thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt before banning me guys. That made me feel real special. :urg:

Amide

Smash Lord
I said sorry in another thread, but man, it must have been awful to be banned for something you didn't do. It was really good, by the way.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I would never suggest anyone to be booted unless the evidence is so profound.....BUT, I will insist on the following:

Hive, can you PLEASE make your posts at least 40% more readable? I really wanted to read and appreciate your point of view, and hopefully answer it with my own, but I didn't feel like reading all that cluttered STUFF. :)

No hard feelings, just hope you're willing to listen.

Hive

Smash Lord
I see, I'm not sure what you mean by unreadable though... I am trying to clarify what i mean, but sometimes it is hard :) I would love to clarify anything that you need help with just pm me ^^ afterall its not much of a debate without an understanding of different views lol :D (that would just be a self serving bias lol )
I'm very willing to listen to the discussions taking place of course and have been though there are a few ppl (RDK) who feel it is more appropriate to just attack my beliefs and give me off topic responses to any of my questions :p though i would never want him or anyone banned of course...
however zero beat, I appreciate you concern and hope that helps :)

cman

Smash Ace
i see lol 0.0 sorry i'll try to do that more lol you're right I'm horrible at that XP
Punctuation is also nice. A lot of people (or maybe only me) just skim or skip altogether posts that are poorly written, even if they might have good ideas.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Separating slightly differing ideas into different paragraphs helps quite a lot. If you say your view in the first sentence and then state your case in each paragraph, people can skim through each paragraph until they find what they disagree with.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
CK I think I've stated this before but I'll state it again, if you want to bring essays back into admission I'll help you read them :D.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Hive, I notice your grammar is some what lacking too.

I have the same problem because normally I don't take online chatting seriously enough to pick through my posts. Once I was called out on this topic though, I quickly changed.

Try taking your posts and putting them into Microsoft word, (or something of the sort) to edit them before you post. That way there's less chance of you making errors :)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
CK I think I've stated this before but I'll state it again, if you want to bring essays back into admission I'll help you read them :D.
A new process is coming. I'll give more information in the coming weeks.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Before the purge, we had 19 pages of users. After seeing the purge list, I really think we will be down to 2 pages.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, how many people are there per page? Just curious how many debaters we're looking to have by the end of this.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
30 per page, so about 545 members in the Debate Hall (the last page wasn't full).

Our main method for determining who gets purged: have they posted in 3 weeks. As Zero Beat found out, some haven't been on the boards in 3 weeks, and some never posted in the Debate Hall ever.

Hive

Smash Lord
sirhc- is my grammar really lacking? I'm sorry then... honestly its because in an online gaming forum and I wouldn't expect grammar to matter that much so I've been somewhat less careful about it... but if its an issue at all I'll put more effort into it... ^^
However, I'm... not the only one here who doesn't format my posts in the fashion you guys have suggested.. why am I the only one getting attention for it?
Regardless, I WILL try to clarify more... I hadn't thought it was an issue.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Hopefully the purge won't apply to me. I don't use the pink name since I'm not as active as other people in here.
I usually post in the TL boards and try to help the community there -- but here I kind of feel like I'm learning more than being involved. I really am only trying to post in threads I'm knowledgeable of so far.
Either way -- good luck with the purge CK. I know it can be hard to purge.. but never had to do 19 pages before :/

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
...and some never posted in the Debate Hall ever.
About 20% missed the 3 weeks by 10 or 5 days. 30% missed it by months, and around 50% simply never posted....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom