• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
i'll play rachel she just seems more of a control character now no more rushdown sucks but that just means new type of players will play her

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I am...... lost here, and since I don't want to get spoiled by any images, what is Blazblue? Fill me in, from what fighting branch? Seriously, I don't have a clue, and it's ironic that i've never heard about it, me being a huge Street Fighter, KoF, TvC, SNK fan etc.....

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger is somewhat similar to Guilty Gear, but by no means a clone. It's a 2D fighter with lush 3D backgrounds. Awkward characters, as did Guilty Gear. Currently for the PS3 and 360. The sequel is Blazblue: Continuum Shift, which will be released in America sometime soon.

OmegaXXII

Like Guilty gear eh? Then I should have no problem with it, and since I love 2D fighters I will definetly check this out. :)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The game is very flashy, and the 2D graphics are so beautiful and detailed, and some effects are cel-shaded, like Carl's Nirvana, and Litchi's kendo stick. The graphics are a bit sharper than the newest Guilty Gear games.

OmegaXXII

It seems the graphics are excellent, if the gameplay (meaning good combos, projectiles) are anything like any 2D games I'm accustomed to then I'm all up for it.

BTW, is there any word for a NTSC release date?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The first one (Calamity Trigger) has been released for months. Continuum Shift (the sequel) was recently released in Japan but will be a bit for the NA. Calamity Trigger is also being made for the PC soon.

And I have no idea when NTSC will be out.

Sukai

Smash Champion
To elaborate, CS has been out as Arcade cabinets, not for consoles.
The cabinets are both in America and Japan, it hasn't hit consoles yet.

holypho

Smash Apprentice
Tager is such a stupid character.....I wish he didn't have that stupid grab move that takes 3/4th of ur health, really hate this character ^^

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Spam and take advantage of your superior speed over him. If you're in his range and he's guarding though? You could very well be screwed.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mu-12

Noel with even smaller boobs \o/
Also, Tsubaki is way too god **** awesome to play with, Hazama plays asshattedly weird (but he's still pimp O: )
Tager can now pick people up from the ground, and combo this into his 360, and supposedly 720. Making him a whole better character.
Hakumen is gay now D:
Lambda is not as good as v-13, but alot more fun to play.
Arakune (my old secondary) is very different now, but still very good.
Ragna has XBOXHUEG dammage now. Truly a RTSD character now.
Noels 2D isn't an overhead anymore (T___T) but can crossup now. her j.D is combo material now. Her optic barrel has become really good.
And I'll prolly be maining Litchi, and Noel (again), and Hazama later on after getting some practice with him, in CS. :B

Anyone that wants to play BB tonight just add me on PSN: QQiraz

:D

Sukai

Smash Champion
*jaw drops*
oshi--

Lambda AND now Noel's murakumo form?

Get ***** Tager.
Poor guy, I'm cool as long as she's been well tested unlike the mistake that was Nu.
Tager is such a stupid character.....I wish he didn't have that stupid grab move that takes 3/4th of ur health, really hate this character ^^
Try getting good at the game.

On other notes, Arakune is so mad fun now, but his combos are really tricky, you can't **** with CT after playing CS Arakune.
On the plus side, although harder, his combos are a bit more automated once you knock the timing down.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would better if Blazblue for DSi have online, then it might have a chance to compete with the consoles.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Well, it's kinda a different kind of game altogether (A Powerstone/Smash type game with up to 4 players). Be kinda odd to try and have it compete with it's console iterations.

Also, it only has 5 characters (Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel, and Taokaka). Be nice to have a full fledged version of it with the entire cast...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Also, it only has 5 characters (Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel, and Taokaka). Be nice to have a full fledged version of it with the entire cast...
Needs moar Bang, Tager, Litchi, Arakune...yeah basically it does need the whole cast.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Aksys has been good so far about worldwide simultaneous releases, so I'd expect the US release sometime after the Japanese one. End of July at the latest.

Thino

Smash Master
I finally got this game after getting the 2nd post in this thread , **** you Europe , I got it on PS3 if anyone is interested in adding me , PSN : thinobuns , noob Nu , etc...

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Aksys has been good so far about worldwide simultaneous releases, so I'd expect the US release sometime after the Japanese one. End of July at the latest.
I'll probably just end up importing it. Easier than trying to find a copy where I live anyway.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Is it worth it to buy Calamity Trigger at this point? I found copies online for like, $20-25ish, and I don't really want to wait for Continuum Shift, but at the same time I don't want to turn around and buy a new version 3 months later. Do people even play CT much anymore (like online)?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Gamefly lets you keep it for a really long time. And if not for 3 months then just a few weeks at a time.

Sukai

Smash Champion
rumors says its released on July 20th in US
Not a rumor, that's actually been confirmed by ASW themselves.

Is it worth it to buy Calamity Trigger at this point? I found copies online for like, $20-25ish, and I don't really want to wait for Continuum Shift, but at the same time I don't want to turn around and buy a new version 3 months later. Do people even play CT much anymore (like online)?
I can't speak for PS3, but XBL still has plenty of BBCT players, (a few of) the more memorable ones quit CT, due to their interest and access to CS arcade machines.
In fact, I've been seeing plenty of new faces. Maybe it's the EU release to credit for.

However, and I'm not the only one with this issue, the servers are a bit lacking now, I lag noticeably even on Yellow Ping (which is second best ping), combine that with me being used to playing offline, and that can get pretty hectic and even maddening.

My theory was that the server maintenance is slowing down, due to the efforts to get the CS serves right, they did promise a more dedicated server than CT this time around (with even multiplatform leaderboards), and CT is (was) actually one of the few good competitive fighting game serves on XBL, we all know how Tekken 6 and KoFXII failed there.
The problem could also be the new abundance of clients, again, thanks to the EU release.

tl;dr, If you're really tight on money, wait for CS, but if you're not, go ahead and enjoy the 3 months of CT that the rest of us unimportant people are doing.

I will mention that CS changed quite a few character and if you choose to/end up maining-
  • Arakune
  • Rachel
  • Carl
  • Nu
-you may want to watch out, these character experience mild to drastic changes in CS that changes their playstyle completely.

Thino

Smash Master
@knux : well PS3 CT still seems still pretty crowded too , most likely because of EU release as you said . nice to know that July 20th date has been confirmed , but now Im low on save geez

I started playing Lambda before Nu because of that hack that allows you to play CS on PC so I'm much more used to her than Nu even though I notice how Nu racks up more damage easily , well anyway I wont have much trouble switching since I consider myself a Lambda main already

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I started playing Lambda before Nu because of that hack that allows you to play CS on PC so I'm much more used to her than Nu even though I notice how Nu racks up more damage easily , well anyway I wont have much trouble switching since I consider myself a Lambda main already
My computer is able to run BBCS but at a very slow speed. I only messed around with BBCS for a short while because of that. :(

Top Bottom