• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Thino

Smash Master
dat *** indeed.

my PSN is Thinobuns , I lag against US players tho

I didnt try tsubaki too much but from what Ive tried shes like a Nu with no swords pretty much , she does decent damage when u know her bnb but her range... D:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Holy ****.

I played this game for the first time today.

As a massive fan of the guilty gear series,this game pleases me to no end.

I straight away liked the look of Haku Man so I went with him 1st,I instantly pwn with him and beat my 2 friends 4 times each with him.His power gauge is weird compared to the others too but he is just insanely powerfull(and has a counter ;) )

I really enjoyed playing as that mask/black goo character.He has some disgusting combos.

But yeah I see myself falling in love with this game......expect me to post here a lot from now on.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Don't worry, it won't be. Or so they claim.

EDIT (for great justice!): They're rebalancing the console version of CS to remove a lot of the bull**** that's in the arcade version. So if you're practicing Arakune's curse loop, Tao's taunt loop, Bang's kick loop, then you're wasting your time because there's a big chance that they aren't going to be in the console version.
Arakune need his curse loops to manage. What kind of system would allow a function like Arakune's curse to go completely without combos?
You complain as if loops are a bad thing? They're not, depending on how easy or hard it is to execute them.
In Arakune's case, he has to work really hard to obtain curse, a high damage loop should be the least he can get. I can't understand the logic of someone who thinks it's fine that he snaps in 3-4k combos average through curse when every non Rachel/Tsubaki character gets that kind of damage in easy with basic BnBs.

It urks me a bit more that you're referring to the loop as a whole, any curse loop Arakune does that doesn't start the combo with a 2c, j.c, or 5c isn't that big a deal, especially considering the work he has to do in order to get curse. It only makes sense that the reward should be grand, since not only he has to go through hell getting curse in, he has to work through your defense an counter assaults to get a combo in. It's nowhere near as broken as it was in CT, and the general consensus surrounding Arakune is that he's perfectly balanced, high/mid tier.

Proven through the location test pre CS release, Arksys listens to the player--the better ones at least. The curse loop is going to stay in, if anything it'll receive a nerf in damage through proration values, though I'm betting he won't get changed at all.

Tao's loop might receive this too.
And Bang has no loops.

The rebalance may change a few slight things, like damage output or heat gain tops, and it will only be slight.
It shouldn't change the mechanics so that people have re-learn their character for the second time in the same game (The key reason I believe Arakune will only change slightly, if at all). That's a horrible idea from a marketing standpoint, for developer credibility and from a competitive perspective.
Don't expect the bull**** to go away, just to be toned down.
I played some CS on a decent computer today, and it's convinced me to pick it up this summer. Litchi is still too fun.

EDIT- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsPU1SyoXAA

Some of those combos are ****ing stupid
Litchi is ridiculous.
Simly ridiculous, and I haven't even look at the vid you posted yet, I've seen many many others that shows how broken Litchi is in CS.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Holy ****.

I played this game for the first time today.

As a massive fan of the guilty gear series,this game pleases me to no end.

I straight away liked the look of Haku Man so I went with him 1st,I instantly pwn with him and beat my 2 friends 4 times each with him.His power gauge is weird compared to the others too but he is just insanely powerfull(and has a counter ;) )

I really enjoyed playing as that mask/black goo character.He has some disgusting combos.

But yeah I see myself falling in love with this game......expect me to post here a lot from now on.
Do you have it for PS3 or Xbox? If you have it for PS3 we should play online, despite the fact that I hate Hakumen D:

I was playing IRL friendlies at a Brawl tourney yesterday and had a Hakumen in a corner with Nirvana's Rhapsody of Memories super and Carl's attacks, and he was a few hits from death, out of nowhere YUKIKAZE (or whatever special it is) and he countered, attacked through me, and won.

this happened like 3 times lol

ggs Thino, all my other characters are bad though lol. I kinda want to learn Jin but everybody uses him and a lot of bad people spam ice car+sekkajin+ice car, and because I'm bad I don't know how to punish it so I have a negative opinion of the character lol. Carl is just too fun though, and I can't wait for CS Carl (since I can't do the clap loop but apparently most other things about him are improved). I've been watching a lot of matches of Zong_1 lol.

I watched that video, Jam....why do like all those combos do at least half HP? Effing Litchi, lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I played some CS on a decent computer today, and it's convinced me to pick it up this summer. Litchi is still too fun.

EDIT- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsPU1SyoXAA

Some of those combos are ****ing stupid
Well... I'm not going to have fun playing against Litchi in BBCS. Litchi was one of my personal weaker matchups in BBCT already.
I guess when I use Rachel, I'll make sure to learn all of her BnBs this time around when I play CS. I'm sure going to need it. :laugh:

I was playing IRL friendlies at a Brawl tourney yesterday and had a Hakumen in a corner with Nirvana's Rhapsody of Memories super and Carl's attacks, and he was a few hits from death, out of nowhere YUKIKAZE (or whatever special it is) and he countered, attacked through me, and won.

If Nirvana ends up triggering his counter, just remember that you can move and avoid his super. If not, maybe Rapid Canceling your (hopefully slow) move right before you see him use his super counter might work. I haven't tried that though.

I kinda want to learn Jin but everybody uses him and a lot of bad people spam ice car+sekkajin+ice car, and because I'm bad I don't know how to punish it so I have a negative opinion of the character lol.
I think only 214A Ice Car is the only one that's safe on block for Jin. I'm pretty sure 214B for Jin isn't safe on block, so you can easily punish that one. Or maybe you have to Instant Block it in order to punish... Now I'm not sure, it's been awhile. :laugh:
But just test it out and see. I think Jin's 5D and his Anti Air hurts Carl more since Carl has a tough time on approaching in a lot of situations.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Yukikaze is unblockable, but you might be able to cancel into a superjump. :urg:

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Sounds like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75sS8F66idI lol

Hakumen is all that I've ever wanted in a 2D fighter.

What a beast.......
Slow and almost no combos but tons of range and health?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I watched that video, Jam....why do like all those combos do at least half HP? Effing Litchi, lol.
Not to mention they all give her at least 50% meter, so if you get hit expect to eat a super at some point soon.

Wait, why am I complaining? I'm a Litchi main.

Also, if anyone wants to add me, my PSN is JamStunna. I'm still learning my stick though, so don't expect much competency on my part lol.

Thino

Smash Master
>Hakumen
>No combos

wat?

anyway , gonna add Jam , I need to fight Litchi cuz they are sooo rare on PSN ranked .. on CT at least , I doubt it will be the same for CS <.<

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Since my gamespot refused to break the street date on SSF4, I went ahead on got this yesterday, finally. Was going to wait for the new one, but I figured I can get some basic practice in on the mean time. Litchie quickly stuck out as my favorite.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Its embarasing though, becuase my 11 year old brother AND my little sister both play Taokaka, and every time I have to mash to make sure I skip ITS BOOBIE LADY!!!!

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Every time I pick Litchi, my older sister rages about how her boobs are nearly exposed bouncing everywhere.

lol I want to learn Litchi/Jin but always get too lazy to learn their combos.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Every time I pick Litchi, my older sister rages about how her boobs are nearly exposed bouncing everywhere.

lol I want to learn Litchi/Jin but always get too lazy to learn their combos.
Just tell your sister that she's jealous, that'll show her!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Litchie quickly stuck out as my favorite.
I bet that's not the only thing that stuck out.

Its embarasing though, becuase my 11 year old brother AND my little sister both play Taokaka, and every time I have to mash to make sure I skip ITS BOOBIE LADY!!!!
But Boobie Lady is the best part of the Tao vs Litchi matchup.

Just tell your sister that she's jealous, that'll show her!
Better yet, tell that ***** to get back in the kitchen.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'm on now, if anyone wants to play. I'm really tired of ICECARICECARICECARICECAR. I just played 3 Jins like that, on the 3rd I was tired of trying to punish it (I'm bad and can't most of the time anyway) so I picked Jin who I don't use and pretty much trolled him with 5D, 623B, and grabs (he didn't know how to throw escape, so one grab meant death lololol).

But I'm kinda looking for more serious matches with my Carl =/

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Haku-men has combos,what are you talking about Gates?

Have you seen what he can do with that stomp?

Even some of his 2-3 hit sword combos are devastating.He really does do a lot of damage.

Top Bottom