• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Thino

Smash Master
My computer is able to run BBCS but at a very slow speed. I only messed around with BBCS for a short while because of that. :(
I get random slow downs on Hazamas Mizuchi Rekkazan and Ragna's Drives , other than that I run it steady 60 fps , I wish my friends liked the game enough to play it often , but they dont seem to enjoy it , thats why I couldnt wait and got CT for PS3 instead of waiting for console CS

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Thanks Knux. I was planning on maining Arakune/Jin...so I guess I'll focus more on Jin with CT.

lol now it's just time to convince my sister to buy it at some point

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I can't speak for PS3, but XBL still has plenty of BBCT players, (a few of) the more memorable ones quit CT, due to their interest and access to CS arcade machines.
PSTriple be ballin has a pretty good community too.

However, and I'm not the only one with this issue, the servers are a bit lacking now, I lag noticeably even on Yellow Ping (which is second best ping), combine that with me being used to playing offline, and that can get pretty hectic and even maddening.
I've never found that to be true but meh. BB has the best netcode of any fighting game I've ever played. I rarely experience lag but I don't play very technical characters (well Arakune is fairly technical but online I use Nu a lot more. I haven't started using my Litchi online because I'm too busy/lazy to learn her BnBs lol). I haven't played in the past month or so, maybe it's changed.

Also, let me elaborate on the changes you said.

I will mention that CS changed quite a few character and if you choose to/end up maining-
  • Arakune - The biggest change to his game is the way cursing works now. In CT you could curse in one hit but in CS you need to fill up a fever gauge before you get them cursed. However, the advantage of cursing in CS is that if you get hit while your opponent is cursed they stay cursed, unlike CT where they could hit you and be un-cursed. His non-curse moves are also mostly the same, though I think the C loop might do less damage and his j.2A/B/C attacks can only cancel into eachother on hit instead of on hit or block like in CT. His bugs have also changed slightly, but it's not too significant as he still has mostly ehat he needs from them.
  • Rachel - The short version of her changes is that she went from first to worst. She no longer has the rushdown pressure she used to and has to play a lot more defensively, which is bad for her since she's about as durable as the tissue paper she has in her hair.
  • Carl - I'm actually not sure what the changes were to him. Care to enlighten me knux? lol
  • Nu - Hasn't changed that much, just her range and her damage have been nerfed slightly. Can still compete on a decent level, no worse than mid tier.
-you may want to watch out, these character experience mild to drastic changes in CS that changes their playstyle completely.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, Act Parser Zwei is a dash and she can either:

Cancel with A
Do a low attack with B (Blade)
Do a barrel roll with C and get a wallbounce (Cavalier)

Basically it's a move you can only really use in combos.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
How often do Astral Finishes get used really? From what I understand most of them are banned?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, and I hear it's damage got nerfed for CS?

Also, with Great Wheel, how do you control the stick afterward? All I get is two hits, the initial one and the last hit when it lands.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, All Green does decent damage in CT, and it wallbounces, which is good. But it takes too long to start up, and almost every character can buffer a distortion through it. And Tager can sledge through it. And Hakumen can counter it. Haven't heard about its changes in CS, but it would make sense.

For Great Wheel, you have to input the motion, and then mash D and hold the direction you want it to move in. So, I almost always mash 3D, because it can sometimes carry the heavier characters across the screen, or 2D if you've got them in the corner. But you have a very small amount of time to do it. You know how she rises up off the ground, and staff spins? That's the time. And it makes this weird high-pitched sound, when you input the motion, so you should hear it. If you watch this video, you'll see, or hear rather, the exact time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kewuiie4ccU

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Cool, thanks. I got my stick yesterday, so I've been practicing motions and what not on it. Played a few matches online as well. I'm doing better than I thought I would, but I'm losing more matches than I win.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Cool, thanks. I got my stick yesterday, so I've been practicing motions and what not on it. Played a few matches online as well. I'm doing better than I thought I would, but I'm losing more matches than I win.
Once you get motions for special right, play a lot of matches.
I think my biggest problem when I switched to an arcade stick was spacing.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Awesome, what kind of stick did you get? And be sure to give it some time. It'll take at least a week to get used to it.
Madcatz SF4 TE. I'm feeling okay with it right now, it's way more sensitive than a d-pad, and I need to get used to that. I keep doing 6b instead of just b, for instance.

Once you get motions for special right, play a lot of matches.
I think my biggest problem when I switched to an arcade stick was spacing.
Right now, my biggest problem is IAD. When I want to dash to the left I tap the stick with my thumb, but I can't seem to find a grip that feels good for dashing to the right.

Also, how do you guys have your buttons set up? I used the stock configuration yesterday until I realized it doesn't make much sense. Now I have it set up like this:

Top Row: Barrier Block => Grab => Rapid Cancel => Barrier Burst
Bottom Row: A => B => C => D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Right now, my biggest problem is IAD. When I want to dash to the left I tap the stick with my thumb, but I can't seem to find a grip that feels good for dashing to the right.
To be honest, I don't think I consistently even do the same thing for IADing to the right. Sometimes I'll keep my grip when I IAD. Sometimes I kind of flick or tap with my index and middle finger. I guess you'll just find whatever's comfortable soon enough.
Also, how do you guys have your buttons set up? I used the stock configuration yesterday until I realized it doesn't make much sense. Now I have it set up like this:

Top Row: Barrier Block => Grab => Rapid Cancel => Barrier Burst
Bottom Row: A => B => C => D
I wouldn't do it like that, it'll be harder to react that way. You don't have easy access to all eight buttons with your fingers which partially defeats the purpose of an arcade stick.

Arcade Layout is this:

A B C X
D X X X

or

B C D X
A X X X

I prefer using the first layout since that's easier for me. First layout's like Melty Blood while the second one resembles Guilty Gear's (IMO).
BB's just a 4 button layout and you don't need to have the empty buttons be filled.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If you're planning on using Tao in CS you'll probably want your stick set up so you can do her taunt loop. So either this:

ABCX
DXSX

Or this:

BCDX
AXSX

Where S=Taunt for both.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree with Minato. I use Type B, because that's what I prefer, but your setup is needlessly complicated, Jam. You're still thinking like person who uses a controller.

Barrier = A + B
Throw = B + C
RC = A + B + C
Burst = A + B + C + D

It'll be second nature before you know it.

And taunt loop is stupid.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the taunt loop isn't going to be in the console release.

I've already stopped using the shortcut buttons, it just didn't occur to me to set the buttons to nothing :embarrass

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the taunt loop isn't going to be in the console release.
Don't worry, it won't be. Or so they claim.

EDIT (for great justice!): They're rebalancing the console version of CS to remove a lot of the bull**** that's in the arcade version. So if you're practicing Arakune's curse loop, Tao's taunt loop, Bang's kick loop, then you're wasting your time because there's a big chance that they aren't going to be in the console version.

Source: http://jaysonic.blog42.fc2.com/blog-entry-1194.html

Some more info about the console version from an interview:
- Story mode will be 1.5 or 2 times bigger than Calamity Trigger.
- The game will be patchable for character balance.
- Continuum Shift is incorporating Street Fighter 4's Arcade Fight Request, which allows you to play through single player while waiting for an online opponent. But now you can turn this feature on during Training Mode and Arcade Mode.
- Player rankings for 360 and PS3 were separate before, but now they will be CROSS-PLATFORM. Note you cannot play cross-platform, it's just the ranking of all the players.
- Training Mode will be voiced by Rachel as she teaches you how to play the game.

Source: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/3/28/new-blazblue-continuum-shift-console-details.html

Fun times!

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
woo CS hype.

Funnily enough I JUST bought CT yesterday, so yeah. Practicing Carl, not really relying on the Clap Loop much (I don't even know it and don't plan on learning it anytime soon) since it's not in CS. It was on sale at Gamestop for $20, which was the first time we saw it at Gamestop in the first place since January. mad lucky. Negative edging is really dumb on a controller though.

I found a $43 Hori (generic black) PS3 fightstick on Amazon, wondering on it's reliability (as I usually hear of people spending around $100 on sticks).

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I spent $100 for mine. I decided to go with a stick that I knew people used and had good reviews, even if it was more expensive.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I found a $43 Hori (generic black) PS3 fightstick on Amazon, wondering on it's reliability (as I usually hear of people spending around $100 on sticks).
I have that stick, and it's pretty decent. Definitely a good choice for a first stick, and I've had mine for a while now, and I've had no problems with it. I still use it frequently, and it's probably my favourite.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Don't worry, it won't be. Or so they claim.

EDIT (for great justice!): They're rebalancing the console version of CS to remove a lot of the bull**** that's in the arcade version. So if you're practicing Arakune's curse loop, Tao's taunt loop, Bang's kick loop, then you're wasting your time because there's a big chance that they aren't going to be in the console version.
I didn't know that. I didn't think they would remove the loops since they didn't remove Nu's infinite on Tager for CT. This game is sounding better by the minute.

And from what I've seen, Arakune still has 100+ hit combos without the curse loop, so I don't mind them removing it lol.

Source: http://jaysonic.blog42.fc2.com/blog-entry-1194.html

Some more info about the console version from an interview:
- Story mode will be 1.5 or 2 times bigger than Calamity Trigger. Cool.
- The game will be patchable for character balance. It better be. This is pretty much a standard thing for fighting games.
- Continuum Shift is incorporating Street Fighter 4's Arcade Fight Request, which allows you to play through single player while waiting for an online opponent. But now you can turn this feature on during Training Mode and Arcade Mode. Does it seem like anyone else that they're really trying to one-up SF?
- Player rankings for 360 and PS3 were separate before, but now they will be CROSS-PLATFORM. Note you cannot play cross-platform, it's just the ranking of all the players. Don't really care.
- Training Mode will be voiced by Rachel as she teaches you how to play the game. If it's just the voice actress, meh. If she's in character it should be lulzy.
Bold comments. Looking forward to this more and more.

I have that stick, and it's pretty decent. Definitely a good choice for a first stick, and I've had mine for a while now, and I've had no problems with it. I still use it frequently, and it's probably my favourite.
Good to know. I was thinking about picking up a stick after my finals are done for SSFIV, this, and eventually MvC3. Nice to know that there's a good alternative to the MadCatz controllers, which I've heard mixed (though generally positive) things about.

It's HRAP3 right?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I hope they keep Hazama's counter death combo in. Its rare to actually hit the counter at high level play anyway, and I love Hazama.

Thino

Smash Master
still planning to be a Lambda main , they will obviously patch her Crescent Loop in the console version , but idc i have my new Act Parser moves

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Good to know. I was thinking about picking up a stick after my finals are done for SSFIV, this, and eventually MvC3. Nice to know that there's a good alternative to the MadCatz controllers, which I've heard mixed (though generally positive) things about.

It's HRAP3 right?
No, we're talking about the Hori Fighting Stick 3: http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1271938494&sr=8-1

The HRAP3 is this: http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-R..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1271938723&sr=1-1

And I would recommend not buying MadCatz. The TE is decent, from what I've heard, but the SE is downright awful. I modded mine, and I still hardly use it.

having CT since 2 weeks now , still trying to get a decent non-turtling Nu
Do you have PSN? My Nu doesn't turtle, but I can't guarantee that it's decent. :p

I hope they keep Hazama's counter death combo in. Its rare to actually hit the counter at high level play anyway, and I love Hazama.
I'm actually quite excited for Hazama also, though moreso for Tsubaki. Also, dibs on colour 11.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Do you have PSN? My Nu doesn't turtle, but I can't guarantee that it's decent. :p

I'm actually quite excited for Hazama also, though moreso for Tsubaki. Also, dibs on colour 11.

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/lythiumcandy/4882ff8e.jpg
I'm looking forward to using Hazama as well. Don't know which color though.
And if anyone wants to still face my Rachel, my PSN is: Izanagi_XIII

My skills are good, but I still consider my Rachel bad compared to others.
I'm just too lazy to learn the advanced combos so I'm behind. Not like I care since CS will be coming out so I'll have to relearn her.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm getting hyped about Tsubaki, too.

'specially since I'm hearing that she plays like Order-Sol from Accent Core, and Order-Sol was a freakin' blast to play.

Smooth Criminal

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm getting hyped about Tsubaki, too.

'specially since I'm hearing that she plays like Order-Sol from Accent Core, and Order-Sol was a freakin' blast to play.

Smooth Criminal
Exactly! Order-Sol was my main for a while, so I'm super excited for Tsubaki. She also looks about ten times faster than HOS, so that's a nice bonus.

On an unrelated note, I remember why I don't play online matches anymore. :ohwell:

EDIT: Okay, it's not so bad after all. I take it back.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Does anyone want to play my COMPLETE TRASH Carl? Like, had-this-game-for-2-days-johns but still. . . I'm bad.
xAvarice___ (3 underscores) on PSN.

idunno how to clap loop, some of my other main problems are:
Not being able to often sandwich opponent between me and Nirvana
Choking at my combos/mix-ups whenever I get that opportunity
Being dumb and negative penaltying a lot (I blame brawl for that)
Only using two approaches, airdash into jump or using Nirvana to 6D or Fuoco

I'd just like someone to play pretty consistently, or do multiple matches at a time with.

more ontopic: Hazama and Tsubaki both look tight, but I love CS Carl and will still main him. I'll still fool around with Hazama. . . color 3 is :D

I wonder what Mu-12 plays like.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well from what little we've seen in the trailer she appears in, she has Nu's aerials. So we can assume she's partially like Nu, at least in that department. Her drives and everything else are completely unknown though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
We know a bit about Mu-12's drive.
Some images of her fighting are here.

And someone named Suzaku on the Dustloop translated an article that talked about it.
Drive:
Steins Gunner (シュタインズガンナー)
Summons small devices (steins?) that fire lasers at the opponent. You can launch attacks simultaneously with the lasers. For lack of a concrete explanation, I'll refer to the nodes as "steins" (German for "stones").

Special Moves:
Ame no Habakiri (アメノハバキリ, lit. "Heavenly Slashing Wing")
Detonates the summoned steins.

Tsunugui (ツヌグイ, "First Becoming")
Forms a barrier. If the opponent touches the barrier, they'll be blown away.

Furu no Tsurugi (フルノツルギ, "Ripping Sword")
Transforms her wings into a sword of light and performs a big slash. The move can be charged to increase its power.

Distortion Drive:
Yata no Kagami (ヤタノカガミ, "Eight-Ata Mirror")
Fires powerful beams that are reflected by the steins. The number of beams increases based on the number of steins summoned.

Top Bottom