• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
You can play me since I'm just getting back into it.
PSN ID: Izanagi_XIII

I'm not hyped about BB anymore though.
I've noticed as well that even though I love playing with Litchi, I'm not really that enthusiastic about the game overall anymore. Maybe that'll change when CS is released.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Arksys are notorious for having a low light under their games.
Hyped? No, but I'm still totally into the game and I've been following every CS Arakune video and Tsubaki.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
you guys probably arent that into it anymore because the small character roster. everyone uses jin and ragna.
Are you kidding? We're definitely into it. We just have other stuff in life to attend to.

Looking forward to CS, but Noel's current "downgrade" and Rachel's utter destruction didn't seem at all necessary.

I'm just saying this since I like the two, lol.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Rachel's been nerf that bad?! I know she can deal a lot of damage if you know how to use her on CT, but still it's not like she's easy to use. )=

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Yup, for the most part, according to matches and Dustloop, sadly.

Minato told me once that out of this:

========================

when Rachel does a nice 23 hit combo, It only takes off this:

=== or ====

her dmg output in CS does not do her justice. I'll still be playing her and my 2nd, though, like CT. It's almost as if to be top with her, you have to be busting something like Mike Z, :\.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Sucks for Rachel players, but a top level Rachel in CT was seriously too good.
Not really excusable though.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
well...im not a big fan of rachel anyway. like all the rachel users have the same combos as if they all went to youtube. they should give bang more kunai for the american release and let his forward and circle hit short people on 4th hit. it sucks having a 10 or 14 hit combo that only works on hakumen tager and ragna.

Sukai

Smash Champion
It's certainly not excusable that they made the game ridiculously imbalanced for the whole cast, let alone Rachel.
What are you talking about?
The game is more balanced, much more balanced.

Even with Rachel's major ner***e, the game is more balanced.

Have you seen Matsu in action?
If you haven't, keep and eye out for him, great CS Rachel, and inspiration even.

Sukai

Smash Champion
OH! Just realized that you were the one who upload those vids of Matsu, haha.

One of the treasures for CS Rachel. Truly something to look at.
Yeah.
Can I get a link to that video? I only found CT videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/knuxrouge#p/u/78/-Ndz-SB_eg0
http://www.youtube.com/user/knuxrouge#p/u/77/_plxYTZ6hgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2YK6IboYM#t=4m13s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCQvUYTCsvk#t=2m25s

Here's another one. Not Matsu, but another good Rachel, although he lost...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNWNcqYUL7g#t=7m13s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2YK6IboYM

Run around my channel, there are quite a few good Rachels winning matches.
http://www.youtube.com/user/knuxrouge

Octave

Smash Ace
Is Hazama supposed to be bad? He looks so ****** but seems like he's overall not a good character. Whereas Tsubaki looks like raep. Are there tentative tier lists for CS?

Edit: Oh and the new announcer is ****ing annoying.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
the last tenative list basically said that no one knows what to do with Hazama yet but they are pretty sure that Tsubaki is low tier.

Octave

Smash Ace
Ah I haven't really heard much about CS since it came out. How does Arakune rate? I mained him when I was all about CT for a while.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Is the game truly imbalanced? I thought just Rachel was the problem. What changed?
What are you talking about?
The game is more balanced, much more balanced.

Even with Rachel's major ner***e, the game is more balanced.

Have you seen Matsu in action?
If you haven't, keep and eye out for him, great CS Rachel, and inspiration even.
Allow me to rephrase. Blazblue may be more balanced as a whole, but its new imbalances are more egregious and difficult to overcome in my opinion.

Arakune's 100+ hit combo, Tao's stupid-easy taunt combo, how underpowered the new characters are, how the tiers have virtually become more divided (in my opinion). I could go on, but I'm trying to reserve most of judgment until I play the game myself. ;)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Won't damage scaling make a 100 hit combo do trivial amounts of damage towards the end of it?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
160 hits and I don't really see how it's that big a deal since it doesn't seem like something you could do outside of the corner and Arakune has a corner trap in CT anyway. This one is actually harder since he has to get them fully cursed too unlike in CT where you could do a 1 hit curse and juggle with D bug and y.two-dash. It wasn't that many hits but it was still a big damage combo.

Frankly, I was more impressed overall with Lambda in that video. Mid-Low tier huh?

EDIT: I saw the combo at the end too. That is awesome, but I still don't think he's unbalanced.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Arakune is perfectly balanced.
The curse mode **** well better be worth it for all the hell he has to go through to get curse in at all now.

Seriously if you think he's still imbalanced, play a seasoned CT Arakune main, you'll be begging for CS Arakune all day.

Oh and Gates, that combo can be done outside a corner too.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, from the second combo in that match I saw. He still has his old corner trap too so maybe I will keep using him in CS.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ragna's pretty nice. His new move (Berial Edge?) was a nice addition for him.
Ragna's probably going to be my backup, but if possible, it's going to be Rachel all day still for me.

Top Bottom