• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I gotta ask since I was playing some online BlazBlue today.

But is it often frowned upon to have the Easy Specials option on in battles, for your controls? Because a lot of rooms that I go into have that disabled and I can't use some of my attacks. Of course that means I can learn them "properly", but is that taken off to discourage noobs that would spam the ice car with Jin or something?

I can use my Distortion Drives with Noel without them, but more often then not I keep screwing up when I could just as easily end my combos with the Distortion with just a flick to the left on my analog. Same goes for the flashy Astral Finishers. And ESPECIALLY unlocking Bang's super form after the four seals.

I'm trying to be good at the game and learn the combos. I admit I began as an ice car spammer with Jin, but now I've switched to playing as Noel, and sometimes Ragna. She's fun (...too flipping adorable as well).

Just wondering if people frown upon easy special users? Because I think there's really no need to be. If something's implimented into the game, it has every right to be used. At least, that's what I think... I just wanna go into a room that doesn't get specials nitpicky. ._.

Yes, I make my own rooms sometimes, but yeah.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It doesn't really matter to me if you use easy specials or not, but you really are hurting yourself in the long run. Ranked matches don't allow easy specials, and I don't think any tournaments do either. Might as well bite the bullet and get your *** kicked until you learn how to manually input them consistently.

I know your pain though. I still can't do the input for Litchi's All Green consistently.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree with Jam. It doesn't really matter either way, but why not learn the specials? It'll help the timing on your combos too. Plus, if you ever want to play on a stick or in an arcade, you won't really have a choice.

I feel your pain, Jam. I have trouble doing it too.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Or Arakune's DD, I swear a simple Shinku Hadouken is so hard on an Xbox controller.

But yeah, gotta learn some day, and it's all practice.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Lambda is a hybrid of Dizzy and Axl.
Some Axl also exists in Hazama.
That was the old V-13. Lambchan is completely different, a rush down character. Neither Dizzy nor Axl could rush down effectively. Its like Accent Core's Testament, where he COULD space, but he was meant to use those spacing tools to force situations and rushdown the opponent.

Also, women play pad, men play stick.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Nu could rush down, it was just safer not to.
Lambda is more or less forced to rush down. And even so her opportunities are more often spent breaking guard with 214DC.
Lambda is a hybrid of Dizzy and Axl, with a dash of rush down.
You can't really put them in precise comparison with GG characters, that disrespects their existence as new characters.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've played stick a few times, and I really do prefer pad. It's cheaper (from a cost perspective), easier (at least to me, mapped buttons ftw) and I just can't get used to the gameplay style of a stick.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I play on a PS3, and on stick. The only motion I've had trouble with is 632146 motions. I don't know why, which sucks since that means I dropped a really good opportunity to do a whole lot of damage with Rachel.

I might use some Lambda in CS since I'm a Dizzy player. I haven't seen that many vids of her, so I don't know if she can pressure like Dizzy (I love that bubble). Maybe some Ragna too since he was the closest secondary I had in CT.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I drop 632146 D alot, but then again I use Litchi's drives very rarely. The biggest control problem I have is playing online with lag. Even a little bit totally destroys Litchi.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
236236 is a weird motion on a stick. It's annoying as heck to do. I also don't care much for 623 motions either.

Again, I have to agree with you, Jam. Litchi can't handle lag. She's just too bad-*** for online play, which is a shame.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I've adjusted to most motions, though I don't own a stick I can probably do anything I need to on one with a bit of practice.

However... I don't drop any inputs on 360 Pad either, so I doni't see the point in getting a stick.

Online I can't do any of Noel's 22C loops on anything that isn't Tager or Haku-men, and I can't do her Bloom trigger corner loops. Both of which I have no problem doing offline. But I still compete alright I guess.

My biggest issue with doing things online is half the things I can REACT to offline (Purple /green throws, most overheads), I have to predict. Which I forget to do, and instead I look for the overhead and then stand block, often getting hit because of slight input delay.

And Johnny. Hazama has mist cancels, though they won't do him much good..
Forced Lag on Hazama's stance cancel makes "mist cancelling" impossible.

I admit I began as an ice car spammer with Jin, but now I've switched to playing as Noel, and sometimes Ragna.
So from ice car to drive spam? I'd say start off as Ragna, he has good range, good, easy combos, and he plays relatively the same in CS, meaning you won't have to re-learn everything. That and he has a Cloud colour which I guess suits you.

Skye said:
You don't.
Bait with backdashes and what not and camp until you see an opening.
That's what I've observed form all the better Noels I fight.
Old quote, but... to be fair you play Arakune. Noel can almost never approach that thing safely.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Old quote, but... to be fair you play Arakune. Noel can almost never approach that thing safely.
I play more than just Arakune, I also play Ragna and I was a Jin main months before going to Arakune, the Noels I've fought really haven't changed their strategies.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still have yet to have gotten used to the Noel matchup, and that matchup's in Rachel's favor.
Oh well, not like I've been playing BB lately.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Just don't use your spinny gun thing during the drive unless you're ready to grab counter afterwards. Hit with the drive combos though into Fenrir, and it's ******. lmao

/Noel n00b. at least i don't ice car

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Drive 6C -> Drive 6B is actually a rather small hole. but using Drive 6C outside of combos is a stupid idea anyway.

Course we're talking about drive spammers anyway, so there is no method to their madness.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I don't quite know Rachel, but I'm friends with a Rachel main, and it seems that a good Rachel shouldn't even let Noel get that far as to drive spam, CH forks aside, pumpkin should shut her down and open up for a combo.

The specifics, I don't know....
I'm not a scientist, just an Arakune main.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not having trouble with drive spamming Noels. Those are a cinch a deal with as Rachel.
I just do certain things that might make me eat a combo. Like using a pumpkin with wind while she slides under it.
My other problem is me not learning to block on reaction when I'm pressured.

I haven't faced Noel's constantly, I rarely face them which is why I'm not used to blocking their drives yet.
I know my mistakes, I just haven't gotten used to playing the right way against Noel.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
i love this game. i use bang. hes a beast and i learn my combos without having to go to youtube and learn em or learn em on a forum. ties with tekken to me as best fighting game.

Sukai

Smash Champion
That has been all around Dustloop and has been talked about to death.
It was a lulzy typical thread full of what people wanted in the game, including characters, system changes and costumes, both color and design, plus the obligatory GG vs BB debates.

It was sickening and was locked 3 days after it showed up.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Even if it spawned awful threads a next-gen Guilty Gear would be one of the crowning achievements of humanity.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say that much, but it'll keep the Guilty Gear Zealots' mouths shut.

Until something BlazBlue related comes along.

Swear the Guilty Gear community to BlazBlue is worse than the Melee community to Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I might invest in an arcade stick, but who knows.
I would say it's worth it. It's a pain in the neck to adjust to, but it's worth it.

Hey guys, I'm new to BlazBlue only having it for a week. I'm currently liking Noel, Boobie Lady, and Arakune to a degree. Rachel and Tao might be secondaries.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
I would say it's worth it. It's a pain in the neck to adjust to, but it's worth it.

Hey guys, I'm new to BlazBlue only having it for a week. I'm currently liking Noel, Boobie Lady, and Arakune to a degree. Rachel and Tao might be secondaries.
what system? ive had it for a week too? im pretty good at it.

Top Bottom