• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I suck so much at BlazBlue now. You would think that practicing GG wouldn't make you worse...

In theory, it really shouldn't. :laugh:

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I'm the worst BlazBlue player in the world, no contest. I shouldn't be losing as much as I do, considering that I play as the most overpowered, skill-free character in the history of the entire genre. It's not like winning with Nu takes any skill or thought, but I still manage to lose almost every match.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I suck so much at BlazBlue now. You would think that practicing GG wouldn't make you worse...

In theory, it really shouldn't. :laugh:
I spend many hours learning GG, and still cant pull off some basic combo (with Sol).

It took me 30 minute on BlazBlue to learn any decent combo with Jin, WTF?

What am I doing wrong?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's pretty darn good, I have to say. I'm not a huge fan of Goryus though. I respect his Nu, and I understand why it's good, but I don't much care for his style.

I'll take Inoue or Reria over Goryus any day.

ss118

Smash Master
Oh wow this has a lot of pages: but I shouldn't expect less from a game as good as this. ^^

Yeah recently got into this game(started on Sunday). Maining Arakune atm: I'm picking him up because he seems to have a depth to his playstyle that other characters don't. What good videos can I check out about him?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
**** YEAH CARL MIRRORS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSjbavze2sE

related: Zong_1 is the reason I will use red Carl in CS
I think Zong is decent, but DIO is the shizz when it comes to Carl.

Oh wow this has a lot of pages: but I shouldn't expect less from a game as good as this. ^^

Yeah recently got into this game(started on Sunday). Maining Arakune atm: I'm picking him up because he seems to have a depth to his playstyle that other characters don't. What good videos can I check out about him?
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7003

Sukai

Smash Champion
Man, Dio scored a spot in the first SBO BB team.

He apparently took down Souji (Top CT Arakune, arguably top CS Arakune) and Kyaku (Litchi player) all by himself.
Buppa (A Jin player) got the other spot after taking down Hima (3rd ranked CT Arakune, really great CS Arakune) and Dora (notorious Bang player).

Thino

Smash Master
Man, Dio scored a spot in the first SBO BB team.

He apparently took down Souji (Top CT Arakune, arguably top CS Arakune) and Kyaku (Litchi player) all by himself.
Buppa (A Jin player) got the other spot after taking down Hima (3rd ranked CT Arakune, really great CS Arakune) and Dora (notorious Bang player).
its been such a long time since I didnt see DIO play , actually ever since CS , I used to watch all his matches in CT

so apparently he still owns ? any links to vids of him playing?

also wow @ Buppa , I always thought he was just a "good" Jin , but taking out one of the best Arakune and one of the best Bangs? he must have been on fire !

hell ! where can I follow news about SBO ?

Sukai

Smash Champion
its been such a long time since I didnt see DIO play , actually ever since CS , I used to watch all his matches in CT

so apparently he still owns ? any links to vids of him playing?

also wow @ Buppa , I always thought he was just a "good" Jin , but taking out one of the best Arakune and one of the best Bangs? he must have been on fire !

hell ! where can I follow news about SBO ?
All that I got from the japanese BlazBlue BBS.

Buppa was always a great Jin, he easily lies in the ranks of Dennou and Ren, who are both as good as they come.

I was pretty disappointed that Souji and Hima was taken out as well, but I guess I have to get used to that, being Mid tier and all.
As far as Bang goes, the main player to look out for is Satoshi, that guy is a beast, he OCVed finals in a 4 on 4 and before then whenever his matches were due, he marathoned the entire opposing team.
He also thrashed an entire region of great players (including Kaqn {top Ragna}, Ren, Souji, Dora and others) single-handedly in a 14 on 14, and none of these matches were even close.
Bang players should take a lot of pride in him.

There's also a bit of argument on Arakune's tier position. Up until now the general consensus has been mid to upper mid tier, but in a recent tier list he's shown as A (high) tier.
I'm personally boggled at that, I'd like to see some detail match up information.
When CS comes out, I'm buying a stick and I'm going underground jp style and train like mad. I've also been talking with others to get a Michigan BB scene started, everyone's really hype to get it off before CS comes out.

Finally on the subject of Arcade sticks, an official BB stick is coming out with CS, it'll be around 200 bucks, but really it comes with the general top tier parts you'd find from a Street Fighter TE stick, which you can get for much less, almost 80$ cheaper. I personally won't bother with the BB stick, but if you're a fanboy like that, you can preorder it easy.

Thino

Smash Master
All that I got from the japanese BlazBlue BBS.

Buppa was always a great Jin, he easily lies in the ranks of Dennou and Ren, who are both as good as they come.

I was pretty disappointed that Souji and Hima was taken out as well, but I guess I have to get used to that, being Mid tier and all.
As far as Bang goes, the main player to look out for is Satoshi, that guy is a beast, he OCVed finals in a 4 on 4 and before then whenever his matches were due, he marathoned the entire opposing team.
He also thrashed an entire region of great players (including Kaqn {top Ragna}, Ren, Souji, Dora and others) single-handedly in a 14 on 14, and none of these matches were even close.
Bang players should take a lot of pride in him.

There's also a bit of argument on Arakune's tier position. Up until now the general consensus has been mid to upper mid tier, but in a recent tier list he's shown as A (high) tier.
I'm personally boggled at that, I'd like to see some detail match up information.
When CS comes out, I'm buying a stick and I'm going underground jp style and train like mad. I've also been talking with others to get a Michigan BB scene started, everyone's really hype to get it off before CS comes out.
I dunno why Dennou always stood out more for me than Buppa when it comes to japanese Jin players , guess I just underestimated him

and I saw some of the matches of that 14v14 , that Satoshi guy isnt indeed a beast , and makes CS Bang a bit less boring to watch lol , I saw Ren did pretty good too

I have hard time making an opinion of CS Arakune ever since that loop is being constantly used now , at least in the latest matches I watched

Sukai

Smash Champion
I have hard time making an opinion of CS Arakune ever since that loop is being constantly used now , at least in the latest matches I watched
I've learned that it's easy for a non-Arakune player to antagonize that loop.
But it really is only source of damage when in curse, and it's balanced perfectly fine.

Some people are calling bull**** on several things about him, despite that other character has faster and more rewarding bull**** of their own.
I'd chalk it up to an anti-Arakune bias, which is still lingering from CT.

But truth be told, he is balanced quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-iETND5FQ&feature=player_embedded
I didn't find anything special about this, but you guys might.
The smooth criminal thing got old really fast, and the animation wasn't even fluent.
I like knife fight better.
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1273048044

Thino

Smash Master
yea think so too , even though I only played CPU CS Arakune , I can tell he's still good but much less bull**** tier than what he is in CT

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Basic summary of CS Arakune:

Before curse, he's one of the worst offensive characters in the game.
During curse he's one of the best offensive characters in the game.
Both before and after, he defense is less than average.

The smooth criminal thing got old really fast, and the animation wasn't even fluent.
I like knife fight better.
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1273048044
Is that done by the same guy who does that BB sprite comic?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, I ordered the Japanese version from Play Asia, and with shipping and whatnot, it comes to almost $80CDN.

The US release one is about 40 to 50 or something like that, but I want mine early.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Cheap***.

I'll pay $60 for CS gladly.

EDIT: Wow, I did not know the last part of "Cheap***" wasn't censored. I'm fixing it before I get infracted.

Top Bottom