• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
There are quite a few Carl players in Japan, actually. Not a whole lot in North America though.
One of the best in the US is Zong One, who plays on XBL all the time. If you make him laugh he'll play a few games with you.

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
She's probably underdeveloped atm. I like how Carl main's don't really exist anymore. Also, will tager finally get out of Tager tier in BBCS:EX.

I'm gonna try and get back into this game

Im gonna try Relius, Ragna, and Platinum.
Imma stick to Carl no matter what :3

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
One of the best in the US is Zong One, who plays on XBL all the time. If you make him laugh he'll play a few games with you.
I'm very much aware of Zong, I was just saying that there aren't many notable Carl players in North America. He's the only top player I can think of that uses Carl.

Plus, I don't have XBL. :(

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm very much aware of Zong, I was just saying that there aren't many notable Carl players in North America. He's the only top player I can think of that uses Carl.

Plus, I don't have XBL. :(
Yeah, he's the only one I could think of too. And I really wish there was some way to pool PSN and XBL players together to play online matches. It's ridiculous to have the online community of a game cut in half just because the game is on two different consoles.

Relius looks way cooler than Carl, that's for sure.

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
There are alot of good US carls but they arent recognized because they dont go into offline tournaments... :/

Gates

Banned via Warnings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtBDYvetXCc&t=5m25s

Welp, I see rachel vs lambda I still an upward battle.

From the looks of the first match though it seems like she's alright.
I didn't see any new top shenanigans though.
I think there are certain matchups that Lambda's pretty much always just going to have the advantage in because of the nature of her character, like Arakune, Rachel, and Tager.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I totally feel that. "Team R-Triggers" pretty much makes me feel like I don't know ANYTHING AT ALL about Noel and like I only know 1% of how to play her, lol.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Watching makoto for a little bit, I really hope that there's going to be better combos for her. The midscreen PF into 2D into jD. I mean really? That's going to be the follow up for that now?

I haven't seen a makoto use a 214A~D (shooting star) either despite it having faster start up or something now =|.

I see you lurking there brandon >:O Hurry up and get on that MBAA netplay!

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, I've been listening to gameplay videos just to hear Relius' theme. Once the MP3 pops up somewhere, I'll post up a link somewhere. dsklfdsj

EDIT: Also, any news on Relius' distortion? From what I've seen, the attack where he uses the gears looks frame 0; but the damage output looks terribad. Then again, most videos I've seen of it being used, characters dash against the opponent to push them out of it -- so perhaps there's another hit at the end? I haven't seen much about Relius' attacks outside of gameplay videos, so... lol.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Lythium.

I'm pretty sure that distortion is safe on block, which is why the damage is so bad. And you can combo off of it. I'm sure better combos will come in time.

Doesn't look like the type you want to end combos with though.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I don't know if this is old but, Relius's Astral depends on the character he is fighting. Like Rachel would be on a Crucifix With roses binding her, Makoto would be in a somewhat hamster ball, Tsubaki looks like she's Blind :troll: and Litchi is tied to her pole.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
II'm pretty sure that distortion is safe on block, which is why the damage is so bad. And you can combo off of it. I'm sure better combos will come in time.

Doesn't look like the type you want to end combos with though.
Same with the Ignis super. That one is probably not safe, but it looks pretty easy to combo into, but the damage isn't amazing. It looks about right though for the majority of supers.

Gear super is also a reversal, I believe.

Lambda was considered bad for Rachel?

Anyway, I'm happy that Rachel is still amazing <3

:052:
Can't get stuff out if Lambda is poking your pouffy dress with swords.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah gear super is a reversal.
I think that's basically it's only viable use really, lol.
At least that's the only effective way I've seen it used so far.

And yeah, Lambda is terrible for Rachel.
One well placed sword = goodbye to pumpkin.
Throwing out seeds is just asking to get hit, and george is usually only safe if you have pumpkin out first and you're able to wind it away to protect you.

It's an extremely annoying match, but once Rachel gets her into the corner, we can wreak some havoc.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The fact you can dash into the opponent to push them closer to the corner 'WHILE' keeping them stunned makes it even cooler. Lol

Do the hits still connect if you hit them once during the gear super, or do they stop after the first outside hit? If not, do you think it would be safe to go for an air grab while it's being performed, and if they break free, still get hit? Not sure why anyone would know this, but curiosity. sdfsdgdfg

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, the Relius vs. Carl one feels really slow and somber, which not many other songs are.

Top Bottom