• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh cool. I might get in on that. I could use some more practice and stuff from an easily linkable video source is easier to get critique on.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I woulda gotten in on the stream except for the past 2 and a half hours I've been freaking out over my PS3's HDMI not working, lol. Props to Minato for patiently offering help.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think jin's 6a was supposed to do that too but they took it out in the final build for some reason, which makes me sad.

At least I haven't heard anything about 6a besides it not breaking primers anymore, and I haven't seen anyone use it in combos yet either.

Still waiting for rachel videos. :urg:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Tachikawa vids, October 7th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPT4Hfm3c44

pet (Tager) VS mokkorin (Ragna)
kuresu (Tsubaki) VS satsuno (Taokaka)
ren (Jin) VS fumo (Arakune)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9pW54N8ILc

takeyama (Noel) VS uota-meron (Makoto)
morning musume (Bang) VS shou (Valkenhayn)
kuresu (Tsubaki) VS tsui hane (Litchi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USIvG0OmMew

Sakamoto Ryoma (Ragna) VS ren (Jin)
nao san itoshi teru (Lambda) VS Masashi (Valkenhayn)
tetsuwo (Jin) VS NAAO (Valkenhayn)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QCcu2GbGDI

mokkorin (Ragna) VS nao san itoshi teru (Lambda)
tetsuwo (Jin) VS ren (Jin)
Finals

I don't think I've seen any Rachel, Platinum, or Mu vids yet. :I

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, just saw one match with rachel.
But it was against tager and I didn't see her do anything special, just regular tager zoning, so it wasn't a big help. :dizzy:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Tao's CA is stupid now, looks like it's Hexa Edge reversal from now on. Mid-screen damage looks like a pain. I hate how she keeps on losing mobility, but I'll still play her. :3

Valk still looks solid.

I need to make up my mind on if I still play Tsubaki or Bang. Too many characters I want to play, especially if I do end up playing Relius.

And then when we get Kokonoe and Jubei. :054:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I try to just play two. One isn't enough when you need to switch it up sometimes, and any more than three, you can't get enough practice or experience.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Deciding what characters to play is a neverending battle. :(

I was planning on dropping jin after that tournament because he's gotten pretty boring, but now that his corner DP loops are easier and pressuring with him isn't brainless anymore he might be more interesting.

Mu looks pretty much the same as in CS2 so I doubt i'll pick her up again. Though nobody's started to use any of her new techniques yet, like charge 214d, so that's still kind of up in the air.

I can live with Rachel's nerfs if she has CT style oki again, which I have yet to see.

Lambda's pretty much the same too. So far her combos are far more boring though.

I was just beginning to play Makoto, but so far she looks really clunky, and her combos look awkward to me now.

I still have no idea what's going on with platinum, but she's still a possibly side too. I like the idea of being able to combo off of her items more.

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm thinking of picking up Platinum now though... Totally gonna seriously get into the game now.

Though I will miss having a handheld version of it, since I have no intention of getting a Vita.

Also ugh I want an Arakune changelist.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Tao's CA is stupid now, looks like it's Hexa Edge reversal from now on. Mid-screen damage looks like a pain. I hate how she keeps on losing mobility, but I'll still play her. :3

Valk still looks solid.

I need to make up my mind on if I still play Tsubaki or Bang. Too many characters I want to play, especially if I do end up playing Relius.

And then when we get Kokonoe and Jubei. :054:

Obviously when Kokonoe and Jubei come out (probably in that order), EVERYBODY'S going to drop their main for the first few months to play them.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
So apparently, some people are saying csex makoto is equal if not worse than cs1 rachel, loooooool.

That'll just make it that much more fun to body people with her.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have yet to see a combo off of her DP.

That was possible in the loketests, right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's what it looks like with all of the current possible top tiers.

Like ragna/bang/mu/etc

none of them really changed much, everyone else just got worse.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I have yet to see a combo off of her DP.

That was possible in the loketests, right? Or am I remembering wrong?
Changes to her DP were:
- usable in the air
- wall bounds
- usable in corner combos
- hitstun increased

I think it used to wall bound before, but only on CH or something.

edit: I'm not sure if they kept all those changes however.

So pretty much her potentially rising has to do with a bunch of people falling?
Basically? She got some new tricks, but I don't think she's actually improved much. But it's hard to tell, and she's not very popular, so not many changes have been discovered. Stunedge from DL said she was looking pretty strong, but I haven't really seen it yet.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
She's probably underdeveloped atm. I like how Carl main's don't really exist anymore. Also, will tager finally get out of Tager tier in BBCS:EX.

I'm gonna try and get back into this game

Im gonna try Relius, Ragna, and Platinum.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm guessing tager will be slightly better but still bottom tier.

I'm glad they gave him his damage back.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Me too :U

I have enough trouble with him as is.

And it would make BB's already bad reputation worse.
Every GFs would end up being tager vs someone else and the whole match would be spent running away from him.

Top Bottom