• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blazblue: Super Continuum Shift Extend Ultimate Accent Core Turbo HD Remix Plus Loketest

Hazama:
- j.214b 30% repeat proration

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So why does the description say that you need a counter (and to a less extent 100 heat)?
Unless 5C counter is different, it's not like it's a fatal counter.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah :( Nirvana absorbed all of her projectiles, she could do absolutely nothing long range.
I see. So how do you foresee Rachel vs Relius being?
THEORY FIGHTER THEORY FIGHTER THEORY FIGHTER

Blazblue: Super Continuum Shift Extend Ultimate Accent Core Turbo HD Remix Plus Loketest
But it's already in HD.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Rachel vs Relius..

Well, Ignis is gonna be near Relius while she's out half the time. I haven't seen her take hit's aside from a Ragna J.c, when he did her Dash attack thing. Idk, seems like the match up could be 5-5 or 6-4.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm going to optimistically say that with all of Ragna's buffs he's going to be top of mid tier or bottom of high. As for Relius?

He definitely has one of the best themes in BlazBlue right now. Probably couldn't play him worth a damn. Then again I'm devoted to Ragna. :p

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hazama will always be top tier. It's just the nature of his character that everything he does is super safe. So he'll always be good.

Unless they really nerf his meter gain or something.
Ehh, I think they have the potential to **** around with him enough to make him potentially mid.

You're right though, his Drive is inherently good for poking and zoning and most of his normals are also safe or can be made safe by going into a stance and canceling it. Plus since he has such versatile projectiles and good movement, there's going to be a lot of matchups that are just inherently easy for him.

But then again, I've also just discovered the sheer hilarity that is watching competitive Catherine, lol.
Competitive...Catherine? You're talking about the Atlus puzzle/platformer?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ehh, I think they have the potential to **** around with him enough to make him potentially mid.

You're right though, his Drive is inherently good for poking and zoning and most of his normals are also safe or can be made safe by going into a stance and canceling it. Plus since he has such versatile projectiles and good movement, there's going to be a lot of matchups that are just inherently easy for him.
It's true.

The reason Hazama is so good is because he has no glaring weakness to exploit while being solid in everything else.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm going to Canada Cup for CS2. Maybe MvC3, but after our monthly coming up this weekend I'm gonna be focusing pretty hard on BlazBlue.

My problem is that I gotta focus on one game more often. Besides, I think I can afford to take it easier on Brawl to focus on a 'real' fighter.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wish Catherine had online play. I'd play that during Light House game nights here lol.

As for Hazama, he's one of those characters that's just favored for being good. So far he's been good in 3 games. No one's been good in all 4 games yet that I can remember.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's funny because cs1 jin was crazy good in the corner but sucked everywhere else.

If cs1 jin was in cs2 he would've been broken for sure.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Jin?

He's been solid at least.

Smooth Criminal
Depends on how you define solid.

CT, he was bad. His only redeeming feature was his MU with Arakune.

CS1, he was bad. His design was based on keeping people out and he just couldn't do it to Litchi and Bang. Lambda also kicked his ***.

CS2, he's good. He got all the buffs he needed and all the right people got nerfs.

Extend, I'm worried for him when I look at who is projected to be the cream of the crop.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jin wasn't bad in CT.

He was like 5th best.
Granted, there was like 10 characters but that's still solidly mid tier.

He was pretty good. And waggle helped him pull of really stupid combos consistently because waggle was dumb as ****.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Jin's a Street Fighter character at heart, so he'll be good once ArcSys stops focusing on making the game fun and balanced and starts focusing on making it in 3D with lots of particle effects.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Jin wasn't bad in CT.

He was like 5th best.
Granted, there was like 10 characters but that's still solidly mid tier.

He was pretty good. And waggle helped him pull of really stupid combos consistently because waggle was dumb as ****.
Everyone in CT was bad outside the top three.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yes, Cloudo, those were the top.

And lol, competitive Catherine has Dave's Stupid Rule. Too funny.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
YOU GUYS.

I am pretty much banging my head against the wall here. :I

Jin has always been solid. Even in CS1, where he wasn't necessarily "good," he has always had good tools, and good or even match-ups, which resulted in a solid character. He was good in CT and CS2. Not top tier good, but high tier good. Characters that have always been good, regardless of the game: Tao, Carl, Hazama, and Valk.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
When I say good I mean in comparison to the other characters.
Not like, viable or anything like that.

Jin was pretty bad in comparison in cs1.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, okay. Sorry. :dizzy:

But yeah BB has always been very well balanced.
There's only a few characters out of all the games that I would call unviable.
Most being Tager.

Top Bottom