• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I never played a match that lagged to the point of affecting combos in that room. Maybe complaining about instant blocking or green throws, but not combos.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
GG's indeed. I have the following people listed as participants.

Ryker
Lythium
Rutger
LivewiresXe
arturefo
Two-Ell

If you're not on that list and you played, tell me what your PSN was, it means it wasn't on the front page or wasn't immediately obvious.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Playing against Tager is all about playing ridiculously safe. If it's not a safe block string, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The key to the Tager matchup is to just have a really tight defense and try to keep him out at all times. You need to get a good feel for when he will try to sledge you at close range, block it, and punish him for it. At a long range, just keep him from charging and using Spark Bolt. Don't be afraid to use 236A/B/C to mix him up and get aggressive - your normals are all much faster than Tagers (except maybe his 5A) so you can still do your combos starting with 2B or 6A. Don't try this if he has meter for a 720 though. Legacy Edge is also decent at a distance to randomly throw out since Tager is one of the only characters who can't do anything about it (I mean, he can Spark Bolt I guess but he won't be able to capitalize on it other than just getting you magnetized). You should have a much easier time landing your combos on Tager because of his big fat *** (in fact, 6DD hits a standing Tager), so you can afford to do more stylish combos like this:

2B 5C(x8) 2C 3C 236B 5B 6A j214D 5C(x8) 6C 236C dash back 5C(x8) 6C 236C dash back j.D j.2D j214D~C j.D j.2D dj. j.D j.2D j214D (and do 236D and 214D when you land at the end for oki)
(Technically, this combo works on everyone, but like everything it's much easier on Tager)

Lambda only really loses the match if Tager gets in and 720s or Spark Bolts you. It's hard at first but the more you practice combos and learn it the sooner you realize it's her easiest match.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Lambda supposed to win that matchup pretty easily? I think one of the only characters that could have trouble with him is Ragna or something. Maybe Valk. But with Ragna, if Tager IBs 5B, ggs, you get 720'd

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
tager can IB a lot of things and get a free 720.

tager vs noel is 5/5.

tager vs rachel isn't that bad for tager either.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Uh...Tager vs Noel is NOT 5/5.

I think it's like 6.5/3.5 for Tager, and was actually classified as 7/3 for Tager at one point. Regardless of game or tier, Tager's ALWAYS had an advantage on her.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry but I'm going to have to call blasphemy on that...

Tager wouldn't be anywhere close to bottom tier if he had a strong advantage against the second best character in the game.
Just because the match is a pain to play doesn't mean it's automatically terrible. If that were true tager would be god tier.

Tager might have a slight advantage against her but I even kinda doubt that.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who said this? Where? Based off of what?

If it really is in tager's favor then either Noel should not be high tier or tager should not be low. Or both. And I choose to have more confidence in official Japanese tiers than random matchup ratios.

Also tager vs noel was 6/4 in cs1.
That speaks for itself.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah.
There's no way it's in tager's favor when Noel gets like 6k meterless from basically any hit, or more depending on how much effort you're willing to put in.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The Noel vs. Tager match-up is 5.5/4.5 in Tager's favour in CS2. It's not unwinnable for Noel, it's just one of her worst match-ups, it always has been, and it's a huge pain in the *** for her. So, there you have it.

To elaborate, Tager risks very little to nothing in this match-up, and he can pretty much do whatever he wants. The general strategy for Noel to win is to hit him, and keep the life lead. Tager invalidates half of Noel's moves including Chain Revolver because all of her C moves and the majority of her D moves have projectile attribute. Noel's drive loses to Tager's 5A, 5C, Sledge, j.B, all sorts of everything. Noel's 5A range is so small, that as slow as Tager's 5A is, she'll probably get hit by it first, because it is ****ing massive. Tager gets all of his hits off of successful reads, and everything that Noel does is pretty easy to react to, because her mixup is pretty meh. It doesn't help that as Noel, you want to stay away from him because it's safer, but you still have to stay close to win. And if that sounds very, very dumb to you, then yes, you are correct.

Online Noel is probably a different story, but that doesn't come up too often for me.

GGs everyone.

Even though I lost a lot, I think my Valk has improved. It was fun. :3
Your Valk has got a lot better, Rutger! I saw fancy combos and everything! :bee:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The Noel vs. Tager match-up is 5.5/4.5 in Tager's favour in CS2. It's not unwinnable for Noel, it's just one of her worst match-ups, it always has been, and it's a huge pain in the *** for her. So, there you have it.

To elaborate, Tager risks very little to nothing in this match-up, and he can pretty much do whatever he wants. The general strategy for Noel to win is to hit him, and keep the life lead. Tager invalidates half of Noel's moves including Chain Revolver because all of her C moves and the majority of her D moves have projectile attribute. Noel's drive loses to Tager's 5A, 5C, Sledge, j.B, all sorts of everything. Noel's 5A range is so small, that as slow as Tager's 5A is, she'll probably get hit by it first, because it is ****ing massive. Tager gets all of his hits off of successful reads, and everything that Noel does is pretty easy to react to, because her mixup is pretty meh. It doesn't help that as Noel, you want to stay away from him because it's safer, but you still have to stay close to win. And if that sounds very, very dumb to you, then yes, you are correct.

Online Noel is probably a different story, but that doesn't come up too often for me.

Your Valk has got a lot better, Rutger! I saw fancy combos and everything! :bee:

Thank you for explaining that. I guess I just forgot to include that. And well, Online Noel vs Online Tager is the same story even more. You really have two ways to go about it. You can be safe and run away, get in and jab a little bit, run away again, then repeat. Or, depending on the Tager player, you can do as I seemingly more often wind up doing that's effective and say "screw respecting the 360!" and rush in kamikaze style, and wind up jab to throw'ing Tager a crap ton to help you set up either some basic combos or to carry him to the corner.

Of course...if you run into a Tager that knows it's going to happen, expects it, and can adjust accordingly *glares at Giga/Koopa*, then well...it can often not work that well at all, and you'll find yourself mixing the two up and generally doing whatever. But...since it's Tager, it'll just seem like 2 or 3 hits can turn the entire thing around so he gets the lead no matter how much health you have.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
The key to the Tager matchup is to just have a really tight defense and try to keep him out at all times. You need to get a good feel for when he will try to sledge you at close range, block it, and punish him for it. At a long range, just keep him from charging and using Spark Bolt. Don't be afraid to use 236A/B/C to mix him up and get aggressive - your normals are all much faster than Tagers (except maybe his 5A) so you can still do your combos starting with 2B or 6A. Don't try this if he has meter for a 720 though. Legacy Edge is also decent at a distance to randomly throw out since Tager is one of the only characters who can't do anything about it (I mean, he can Spark Bolt I guess but he won't be able to capitalize on it other than just getting you magnetized). You should have a much easier time landing your combos on Tager because of his big fat *** (in fact, 6DD hits a standing Tager), so you can afford to do more stylish combos like this:

2B 5C(x8) 2C 3C 236B 5B 6A j214D 5C(x8) 6C 236C dash back 5C(x8) 6C 236C dash back j.D j.2D j214D~C j.D j.2D dj. j.D j.2D j214D (and do 236D and 214D when you land at the end for oki)
(Technically, this combo works on everyone, but like everything it's much easier on Tager)

Lambda only really loses the match if Tager gets in and 720s or Spark Bolts you. It's hard at first but the more you practice combos and learn it the sooner you realize it's her easiest match.
i'll keep that in mind.i guess i'm too careless about the 720 and sparkbolt too.actually i hate everthing about facing tager,but i'll learn how to deal with him eventually.

Originally Posted by Rutger
CSE opening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56npMBAq0w4

That Production IG animation!
I'm not a big fan of the song though. Just sort of meh to me. :/
i agree.very cool animation,but i didnt liked the song.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
How did we get from talking about Tager vs Lambda to arguing about Tager vs Noel?

I think Noel should be fine in the matchup if she zones him with Optic Barrel. :troll:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't know how we got to this point, but I'm just trying to state my opinion. It...just so happens my opinion is that Optic Barrel is just good at catching someone when you guess where they're going to move, and not actually good at keeping people away.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't know how we got to this point, but I'm just trying to state my opinion. It...just so happens my opinion is that Optic Barrel is just good at catching someone when you guess where they're going to move, and not actually good at keeping people away.
I like how they buffed Optic Barrel to the point where it actually useful, and then change her drives so they can't be special cancelled.

Which now makes Optic Barrel the most inane gimmick ever. :I

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

Yeah, I know her short range and projectile normals are why she has trouble in the match. It's pretty much the same for Rachel, except she can still play keep away pretty well with wind and pumpkin/george so she has it a bit better against him.

It's still really hard to believe that she loses the match, but it only being a slight advantage makes it a lot more believable.

CSE opening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56npMBAq0w4

That Production IG animation!
I'm not a big fan of the song though. Just sort of meh to me. :/
The animation is pretty sexy.
Rachel got her usual 1 frame cameo.

The beat is pretty nice. The vocals are eh but that might be partly because of it being a live recording. I'm gonna wait until I hear a studio version to decide.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/10/12/moar-sic-new-games/

Aksys' announcement for Extend.

Down in the comments they say it has a tentative early 2012 release date for us.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, I know her short range and projectile normals are why she has trouble in the match. It's pretty much the same for Rachel, except she can still play keep away pretty well with wind and pumpkin/george so she has it a bit better against him.

It's still really hard to believe that she loses the match, but it only being a slight advantage makes it a lot more believable.
Haha, fair enough.

I was just attempting to substantiate the numbers that everyone was throwing around. :3c

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah.
I've messed around with that matchup before with noel a little bit and it's definitely not fun. :p

j.a is so good vs tager though, I love that move.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Of course...if you run into a Tager that knows it's going to happen, expects it, and can adjust accordingly *glares at Giga/Koopa*, then well...it can often not work that well at all, and you'll find yourself mixing the two up and generally doing whatever. But...since it's Tager, it'll just seem like 2 or 3 hits can turn the entire thing around so he gets the lead no matter how much health you have.
Funny, I think I'm slow at adapting (guess it's an online). :V If you want "Tager who can adapt," try fighting LostSoul526 and tell me how it goes. :3

Top Bottom