• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oooooooof. Noel looks beaaaaaaaaaast.

Smooth Criminal
I'm probably just going to start calling her Loel because of how awesome she is now. :awesome:

Do most people play this on pad or stick? I'm thinking I want to start using a stick personally.
I prefer a stick, but I actually played BB from the start with a stick, and it was my first serious fighting game as well, lol. I've never used a pad with it.

Any info if this will be a standalone game or a DLC update? by this i mean bbcs2 cheaaa

Right now it's looking like a standalone game considering the new intro and all
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they plan to put in the balance patch and then add the new OP, voice, etc. as one big DLC pack. :/

Now that I'm done with Starcraft (for now), I'm working on my bnbs!

Yoshara

Smash Lord
She right now is looking like one of the better characters, but I think it will be a case like CS1 Ragna where she will drop after people learn how to beat her pressure, but at the same time that would still mean that she is pretty good.

Just making sure people remember this: In general, even though Arakune is looking like the best, followed by Noel and Makoto, the general opinion on the balance is that everyone looks viable and no one looks too good. Also alongside the game in general being faster (due to hitstop changes) and harder, there is no character that is as easy as CS1 Bang or Ragna, in fact, pretty much every character requires thought and effort now. So if you liked just using Bang and autopiloting your way to victory, this game is not for you.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Tsubaki's charge is waaay faster, yes.

Also, just block low. Tsubaki has one standing overhead, it's mad slow, and not much can combo off of it. Unless they're changing that in CS2, her mixup game is still gonna be pretty bad.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Wait, you mean playing as Noel and Makoto is tierwhoring now? And this after I'd been randomly considering picking up Makoto/Jin after getting bored of playing Ragna and just not getting the hang of Litchi too, lol. Y'all bandwagon's gonna jump on now, but we've been here from the start, maan! :bee:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Tierwhoring is okay if you constantly talk about the good ol' days when your main sucked.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nice that Noel mains will have it easier now compared to CT and CS1.
But now Noel mains can't complain anymore if they're losing (unless it's a really bad matchup).

I've been watching all the Rachel and Platinum videos that are coming out.
Not too many Rachel vids at the moment, so hopefully more come up so I can get a good idea of her midscreen combos.
All they're doing now is ending 5C with 3C instead of another 5C.

Platinum's looking real fun. I'm pretty much just trying to learn as much as I can before the patch hits.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I just picked a character I loved the design of, he happened to **** pretty hard.

Looks like Hazama will still be really good, they're just hardcore ramping up his difficulty curve.

Edit: Minato, if you play Platinum online against me, I will make a conscious effort to time you out EVERY ROUND.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just picked a character I loved the design of, he happened to **** pretty hard.

Looks like Hazama will still be really good, they're just hardcore ramping up his difficulty curve.
I'm liking the look of his corner combo. It just looks cool with the wall bounce and 6C (?).
Luckily for Hazama, everyone's mid screen game was nerfed aside from a select few.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
While Gates does bring up the point of GGXXAC, look how long it took 'em to balance the game. A bunch of iterations done over and over.

It's like ASW just has to have some S-tier characters in their games or something.

Um, quick question, what's your point? Are you trying to say that this game won't be balanced by logic of it being made by ASW, or are you saying that it already is unbalanced?

The fact that it's made by ASW means it'll take quite a long while before this game is balanced given what we've seen them do with GG. ASW just loves to throw random **** and changes on their characters and hope it works.

With the advent of these loketests though, we may see balance sooner than we think...But still.

v-13, Rachel, Arakune
Bang, Litchi
ARAKUNE AGAIN?

C'mon ASW. I'm still sticking with Jin as always, though. I hate tier whoring.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Fun fact, S-tier will always exist, no matter what the game. Also I will reiterate what has been stated before, the game as a whole is looking balanced and every character looks viable right now, which if you compare it to previous BB iterations, is fantastic seeing as most people found out who was the best and worst within a short amount of time after the games release.

P.S. So far Arakune is looking S-tier in the same way Eddie was S-tier.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Edit: @livewire: Litchi, obviously.
Speaking of which, I wonder how CS2 Litchi is. There aren't any vids of her.
Although I guess that doesn't necessarily make her bad though considering there aren't many Rachel vids and she's looking decent.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
P.S. So far Arakune is looking S-tier in the same way Eddie was S-tier.

To clarify, what this means is that the gap between S tier and the rest of the cast isn't that big. In a lot of games, especially ones with large casts (MvC2) or where the developers don't know what they're doing (Brawl), S-Tier are pretty much the only characters who get played and C-Tier is completely unplayable. However, in BlazBlue this is rarely the case.

So....if Arakune's Eddie, then who's Millia?
You mean someone who has a somewhat favorable matchup against him?

That would probably be Lambda. Nu and Lambda had good matchups against Arakune in CT and CS1 and so far that looks to be the case in CS2 as well. Arakune is pretty reliant on his opponent running into all his clouds and crap, but Nu/Lambda can just sit back and zone him all day. Mu is probably also going to be good against the new Arakune for the same reason. Hazama versus Arakune was also in Hazama's favor since Hazama can run around for days and Arakune can't catch him. It's probably still in Hazama's favor, but probably less so since Hazama is worse mid-screen (and I know most characters are, but Arakune seems to be relatively the same).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Litchi.

That's odd. I always thought that the game played Ragna for you.
ZING.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just to add a bit more to the balance talk, Stunedge (the player who was posting the info and even posted the initial impressions tier list) stated that to give a better idea of how the cast is looking the tiers should be thought of not as "S, A, B, C, D" but instead "S, A+, A, B+, B".

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Great, 3 characters I don't play, and 1 that I've never been able to figure out, lol.
It's really not hard to play Lambda once you start to think of her as a full-screen rushdown character instead of a defensive zoning character.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Zoning is just another form of rushdown. :bee:

Just to add a bit more to the balance talk, Stunedge (the player who was posting the info and even posted the initial impressions tier list) stated that to give a better idea of how the cast is looking the tiers should be thought of not as "S, A, B, C, D" but instead "S, A+, A, B+, B".

Then why did he post his impressions as S, A, B, and C? :I

So about Haku-men then?

Has he changed at all?
Yes, a bit.

[collapse=Hakumen's changes as of the final loketest! (May or may not be accurate for CSII.)]
* No confirmed corner bounds.
* Forward throw causes slide effect.
* All D moves: you get the 1 orb meter once you counter, but it doesn’t apply if you counter projectiles.
* 5C: has more horizontal reach. has more proration
* 5C: Faster startup now. has more proration now. 5C > Enma Combo does 3100 – 3200 damage.
* 5A: has more proration now, 5A > 5B now connects. 5A > 5B > Enma > J2C > 2C > J2A > J2A > JC (I’ll call this Enma Combo) does about 2000 damage
* J2A: has more proration, but not just like.. more general proration or initial proration. Maybe added a special property.
* Renka: 2nd hit does wall-bounce once hit. 120% proration of the 1st hit is gone.
* Enma (623A - A): you can still do CS Enma combo. has more proration now.
* Renka: (at the corner) Renka > 5B > J2A > J2C > 2C > J2A > J2A > JC does 3052 dmg. (at the corner) Renka > Zantetsu > 2C > J2A > blah blah does 4700 – 4900 dmg.
* Hotaru: kicks you to the wall with 45 degree and wall bounce. You can follow with 6C. At the corner you can do followup combo with full charge 6C. Near corner you can do Hotaru > 6C > 2C. (at near corner) Hotaru > 6C (full charge) > 5C > Gurren > 2C > blah blah does about 4700 – 4900 damage.
* Tsubaki: (at the corner) Tsubaki > 3C damage is about 2700. At near corner, Hotaku > Tsubaki combo lets you slide down to the middle of the screen. Tsubaki > Shippu (shockwave) combo works, damage is about 3334. (near corner) Tubaki > 2C > J2A > J2C > 2C > J2A > J2A > Jc > 5C > 3C does about 4600 dmg.
+ J2C: has faster startup now.
+ 4C: now cancellable to special moves. not sure about the proration at this moment.
+ Tsubaki: Slide down no matter of air or ground hit. you can do followup combo at the corner.
+ Hotaru: looks like you can combo into Enma after this hits. (not confirmed)
+ 5A j2A connects (j2A faster?).
+ jA JB chain added.
+ 5D comboable on some characters.
+ 5B: has more proration now. 5B (counter hit) > 5B works now. 5B > Enma Combo does about 2300 – 2400 damage
+ 2C: has better hit box (idk if that’s horizontal or vertical) 2C> Enma Combo does 2700 – 2800 damage
+ JC: You can combo into 5C or 6C once corner hit.
+ JA: Now chains to JB
+ J2C: Faster startup now. has a lot less proration now. J2C > 5C > Enma Combo does 3200 - 3250 damage.
+ 4C: Faster startup now. Air unblockable now. 4C > Enma Combo does about 2230 ~ 2300 dmg.
+ 6C: Faster startup now. Slides down on air hit. You can do follow up combo at the corner. Whatever wall bounce move > 6C is now more stable.
+ 5D: can combo into 2B. 5D > 2B > gurren > step 5A > JA > JB > J2A > JC does about 2100 dmg.
+ j2A has more untech frames.
- jC has less untech frames.
- 2A: 2A > 5B doesn’t connect anymore
- 3C techable. Only comboable on CH.
- 6A: moves slightly less forward than CS
- 6B: Damage is decreased (749 4th locke -> 710 now)
- 3C: has more recovery now. 3C - 2B works only after counter hit.
- JC: slightly more recovery
- 5D: damage is decreased to 1400, fewer active frames. gain 1 orb meter once you successfully counter.
- 623A: moves less now. cancellable to other specials now
- 6D: damage is 1600 now. Can’t do any followup combo.
- JD: Can’t do any followup combo
- Forward/Back Throw: you can do followup combo only at the corner.
- 6C has same move proration.
- 4C CH does not stagger anymore.[/collapse]

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's too early to really talk about CS2's balance imo.
Still, Arakune keeping his amazing curse damage worries me a little.

Actually, a buffed Noel scares me a little too, I've never been good against Noel. >_<

So, Alexandrite and Memory of Tears are getting vocal tracks.
http://www.team-e.co.jp/products/kdsd-00407.html
Butterfly Sky and Don't look back respectively, for anyone who cares.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know, I know. :p

I'm actually kinda scared of Arakune now. Not gonna lie, that is a tough match. And now that you can combo off of f of g?

;-;

Top Bottom